[2014.09.10] Morning Musume '14 Concert Tour Spring ~ Evolution~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.09.10] Morning Musume '14 Concert Tour Spring ~ Evolution~

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="173651" data-time="1395073135">
I think Sora wo Koe sounds boring as shit.

God they totally thought Sayu was going to graduate or something when tsunku What is Love? came on and she pulled out that letter and Haruna had to read it hahaha</blockquote>
Its a song that might be kind of alright if sung by better vocalists but even then wouldn't be interesting.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="173651" data-time="1395073135">
I think Sora wo Koe sounds boring as shit.

God they totally thought Sayu was going to graduate or something when tsunku What is Love? came on and she pulled out that letter and Haruna had to read it hahaha
</blockquote>
Its a song that might be kind of alright if sung by better vocalists but even then wouldn't be interesting.

[/quote]
  :noway: I love this song.

And I think Lindsey Sterling should cover the instrumental.  Electric violins are her thing. 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

You're totally allowed to love this song, I was just expressing my opinion.  Unlike Egao which I didn't like at first and grew on me, since this is a ballad, I just know that isn't going to happen.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I admit, Egao also grew on me, despite being one of my most loathed songs at first.

But soon...

"Kuyasashisa wa wasureru mon janai......" was haunting my dreams.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="173709" data-time="1395151842">
You're totally allowed to love this song, I was just expressing my opinion. Unlike Egao which I didn't like at first and grew on me, since this is a ballad, I just know that isn't going to happen.</blockquote>
Who said you're allowed to have an opinion yuzu? You better love this song whether you like it or not!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm so sorry  :crying:
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Aren't 16 songs just... too little? :/

I just checked generasia and they usually perform between 25 and 30 songs... so WTF?
Seems they just couldn't miss the schedule and they just went with the songs they already know by heart.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Trinu"]
Aren't 16 songs just... too little? :/

I just checked generasia and they usually perform between 25 and 30 songs... so WTF?
Seems they just couldn't miss the schedule and they just went with the songs they already know by heart.
[/quote]

My guess is that anything not in the medley was performed in full, rather than them cutting out a chorus and a verse to shorten it like they sometimes do. Plus some of the new songs are long as hell because Tsunku can't write anything under 4 minutes long.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.mediafire.com/?84yt1mfvsstfofs' title="External link">Morning Musume Evolution 14-03-21 Morioka, Iwate Night</a>
(H!O's lovemusic)
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I tried listening to the first full posted concert in this thread, but I'm sure you all know what I would complain about so yeah. Glad they included some older songs, but, yeah :) :(
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Final concert date was added. It'll be at the place where the New Years prank took place. Capacity of ~3k people.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

No Budokan/other big venue? C'MON!!!!! >_<
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

We went to the evening show in Nakano Sun Plaza today (May 6th). The setlist was all right, nothing too exciting. It was mostly as in Anderei's post, with minor changes, but I couldn't tell you what they were now. We got the Version B of the B-side Medley, which was the weakest part of the concert by the way.

Oh yeah, Kenshuusei got to perform Ai no Sono (Touch My Heart!) during MM's wardrobe break instead of Dokkan Capriccio. I like the song and they did a good job with it.

HOW DO YOU LIKE JAPAN? sounds great in concert too. I think this was the highlight of the evening.

It's Masaki Sato's birthday tomorrow so there were a few Maa-chan-centric moments where everyone set their penlights to Maa-green and chanted her name. We sang Happy Birthday to her and the whole encore call was all about her too basically.

Sound quality was ways better than in the Utsunomiya venue we went to during the previous tour. As for the audience, there were mayne 30% girls, but hardly any families. At the same time, maybe 90% of the audience were very obvious wotas. I was sitting/standing next to a female wota (not a bad looking one btw, contrary to stereotype) and she made me feel very rhythmically retarded. I'm sure I said this before, but it does take away from the experience when you're the only person around who doesn't have the moves for each song down. I was trying my best to follow, but while it's cool in its own right, I wish you could just rock out free-style without feeling like you're disrupting something very beautiful.

I don't know the reason for the differences in the audience make-up, whether it's afternoon vs evening show, the location, or just coincidence.

The show lasted just over 2 hours. During the encore they filmed some bits with the audience for Count Down TV. I'm not sure if it's the next CDTV this Sunday or not. Oh and Morisanchuu were in the audience, sitting in the front row on the second floor. They didn't do anything, just got to be introduced by Sayu and appear on the big screen for a few seconds doing goofy faces.

I rate this show lower than the previous one we got to see in Japan, but seeing MM live is always a great experience.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nakano is probably a venue that attracts more wota.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="175571" data-time="1399400731">Nakano is probably a venue that attracts more wota.</blockquote>
I wonder what makes it so.

One of a curious things I noticed is most people only changed into their wota getups inside the venue. I can understand the wota robes whatever they are called or headbands, but most people would only put their concert t-shirts on after taking their jacket off. A guy from the row in front of us who was going all out during the concert did a full warderobe change right after the show ended, including the trousers and all. You could still sense otaku-ness from a lot of them, but after leaving the venue they were nothing like the colourful crowd in the West who loudly boasts which artist did they just see. I suppose the stigma of being an idol fan is this strong?

Another thing I remembered, during one of the MCs, Iikubo said something about being excited for going from the Nakano Broadway (a geek-centric shopping mall right next to the concert venue) to the real Broadway in NY. I didn't understand fully, but that was the gist of it I think.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="175571" data-time="1399400731">
Nakano is probably a venue that attracts more wota.
</blockquote>

I wonder what makes it so.

One of a curious things I noticed is most people only changed into their wota getups inside the venue. I can understand the wota robes whatever they are called or headbands, but most people would only put their concert t-shirts on after taking their jacket off. A guy from the row in front of us who was going all out during the concert did a full warderobe change right after the show ended, including the trousers and all. You could still sense otaku-ness from a lot of them, but after leaving the venue they were nothing like the colourful crowd in the West who loudly boasts which artist did they just see. I suppose the stigma of being an idol fan is this strong?

Another thing I remembered, during one of the MCs, Iikubo said something about being excited for going from the Nakano Broadway (a geek-centric shopping mall right next to the concert venue) to the real Broadway in NY. I didn't understand fully, but that was the gist of it I think.

[/quote]

Well, for a long time it was the last venue and the one they filmed at. And when they don't end it at an arena or the venue they are this year, it's usually the biggest. So maybe it's the one the wota go to to really get that concert feel.

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

10ki singing Watashi no Dekkai Hana(I believe for the Evolution tour?)

They all sound very good, but Maa-chan really pleasantly surprised me. Duu I expected.

Also, preview of Erina's and Kanon's birthday events!
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

There's more from TicTac's. From the Evolution tour, two 13 min and 14 min uploads.

Platinum and Gold Medley

Coupling Medley
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Platinum/Current/Gold medley: It is beyond aggravating to see Erina and Suzuki not get a single solo line (if I was paying attention correctly... If not, sorry.) At least Haruna (and I think Haruka) got one near the end it seemed, but it just makes for a boring show in my opinion. I have no problem with front girls at all, they're there for a reason.... But they've performed all these songs before, I know how they sing those parts. Surprise me. Have Erina sing "doushite konna ni tanoshii no?" in Egao Yes Nude... Give Kanon a line in Kimagure and see how she does the high pitched. Idk, just give me something different D':

Coupling medley: The couplings actually achieved just that for me... Different songs than we've heard recently, some girls singing songs we wouldn't think to pair them with. They even kept in Erina's long part. It just makes it way more enjoyable for me! :3
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I love that you guys want to use the spam thread, but realize that what you are posting isn't spam and has a home somewhere else. Look before you post. 

PS. This post will be moving into the release thread.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I looked in the release thread and could not find a thread for the Evolution concert, but I am sorry. I just assumed after TicTac posted it here it was the place to do so.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Woops, I had checked for a thread but I think I was checking mistakenly in the wrong place. Sorry and thanks for moving!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The other coupling medley. 

I like both, but I think I like this one a bit more. :)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yet another coupling medley!(yay yay yay!!) Renai Hunter (updated) Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (niconico links)

Different beginning on the medley, is the same as Shoujo's link start at Aishuu Romantic. Maa-chan nails her line in Renai. Egao is normal. 

Edit: Found the youtube link of the medley for those without Nico (from the same user as Shoujo's link)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

It's funny seeing Masaki at one time sings with her childish voice and at other times with a mature voice like a completely different person (for example: Naichau Kamo). I wouldn't be able to realize it was her without seeing her sing it. Her mature voice sounds really good as long as she doesn't sing high notes (which is squeaky). I hope with practice she can master singing high notes with her mature voice.

I can never get over Riho's voice but Sakura and Riho's performance of Nakidasu Kamo is pretty good and sexy (much better than the original). We have one good face and one good voice, great combination!
That reminds me, I also liked it when Sakura, Ayumi and Riho performed Take of it now. When these girls sing songs from from Golden and Platinum Era, they really add some personalities to what (may or may not) use to be boring songs.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Whenever this lineup does PE songs I always end up going to watch PE lives and wishing these girls were that good.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I don't mean their voice. I said "personalities". How can I not know their voices are lacking. But I think there are some songs they "perform" better than the original. More...lively.

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The 9gen singing Tomo brings back the tears bc that was their first concert appearance.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Kuduu pointing to herself during the "ikemen" line. I am now dead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Guys I'm sorry to be so ~POOR~ but I've been waiting since this was released to see if a charitable soul would upload the concert somewhere, like that facebook page did with Chance!
But I still don't find it, I saw somebody saying "download it from H!O" but still, I didn't find it. Can somebody tell me where can I find it? or if maybe is too early to find the whole concert uploaded already?
Last edited by Derby on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey