Let's Love Lead, Leaders!

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

strawberryjam
ANGERME

Let's Love Lead, Leaders!

Post by strawberryjam »

L to R, Shinya, Akira, Keita

Who are Lead?
Lead is a 3 person boy band managed by Vision Factory. Their style of music is hip hop, popppyy dance music (?).

They had their 10th anniverssary last year! :heart:

Why does strawberryjam like them?
If I could it one or two sentences why I love them - they have a really good style - in terms of music and the way they look! They aren't over the top, aren't too faggy like most boy bands, are well produced for a J-pop boy band and they are also super good at dancing! They've also written some of the lyrics of their songs and composed a couple as well.

Did I mention I pretty much grew up with them? It's getting harder and harder for me to relate to H!P when they're like over 10 years younger than me. :cryalot:

The members are:

Shinya Taniuchi / 谷内伸也 D.O.B.: September 23, 1987 Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Keita Furuya / 古屋敬多 D.O.B.: June 13, 1988 Birthplace: Fukuoka, Japan
Akira Kagimoto / 鍵本輝 D.O.B.: August 20, 1988 Birthplace: Nara, Japan

GRADUATED in 2013 -  Hiroki Nakadoi / 中土居宏宜 D.O.B.: July 26, 1985 Birthplace: Hiroshima, Japan

What's going on now? Are they still alive?
They used to be a 4 member group, but then Hiroki graduated in 2013. I was devastated.
Other than that, they are actually doing better than ever. They had some great hits in the past, but they were never strong with sales.
Their best selling single ever was their last single at 41,000 copies sold in the first week.
Despite low sales, they're still way better produced than H!P was during their low times..

Interesting Information..
Their "brother" and senpai group is w-inds. The main singer in w-inds. is the dude that got hitched with Ayaya..
At the height of their career, despite many appearances at Kouhaku, w-inds. never made an appearance once on Music Station.  Many fans believe that Johnny's has an industry block on them. Obviously, the same goes for Lead.

Recommendations from strawberryjam! :heart:
This is a fan favorite that has to be performed at every concert! It's actually a cover, but a pretty fun song. Watch this for the fun and cute factor. I could watch this on repeat.. forever and ever. THEY ARE SO HOT HERE OHHH MY GOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

There's autotune so if you're not a fan, don't watch.

They have a lot more hot songs like this if there's interest. =3= Another super duper hot song!
  One of their classic songs.. UHM THIS SONG IS OVER 10 years old so they are super young here. That's why I link 2 versions if you have a prefernce on what to watch. This is hardly one of my favorite songs, but it brought them back from the grave and is one of their most popular videos on youtube.. that's the only reason I link it., but it's not a bad song.

Final comments
So anyone going to become a Leader with me in this pathetic world? I don't know anyone that likes them.. :cryalot:

Also, if Akirachan doesn't get married to me :cryalot:, I hope he gets married to an H!P girl.. That would be super super super cute.
Why can't there be more idol pairings instead of those fug comedians?
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Re: Let's Love Lead, Leaders!

Post by strawberryjam »

Listen to this super cool song - Just Do It.
It's a b-side from their latest single which looks like might be their 2nd best selling single, yay!

OH AND AINE EVEN ADMITTED IT WAS LIKEABLE OK
Last edited by strawberryjam on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Not my cup of tea, but I just wanted say that I literally LOL'd at your "aren't too faggy" line  :rofl:  .

strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Thanks a lot for listening!
I'm happy even if you didn't like it.

BUT HONESTLY, you weren't being sarcastic, right? COS THEY AINT THAT FAGGY.. I mean compare them to SMAP... they are like gods compared to them =3=
rabbit reverie
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Nah, I just liked your turn of the phrase.  :smile:
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I really like Speechless and Just do it.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

YAY i THINK I A SENSE A CONVERTER

I truly love them. :cryalot:

Their first week sales came out for their latest single Sakura! The a-side is really boring, but I linked Just Do It which is a c/w.
The sales came out to 41,559 copies.

That's their best selling single ever! Congrats Lead!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit reverie
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Another a good b-side from Lead's latest single - Can't Stop Loving You.

I like it a lot too.. but it's not as a good as Just Do It. But still really good!

I'm not really sure why, but their sales model the last couple of singles has been SUPER FREAKING BORING A-SIDE and then really awesome b-sides. It doesn't make sense to me, but as long as there's good songs, I won't complain.

I like Lead so much it makes my heart ache. :cryalot:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by strawberryjam on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I've been meaning to check them out but I haven't got a chance yet because I've been super busy this week. I will check them out soon though!
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="strawberryjam"]

I like it a lot too.. but it's not as a good as Just Do It. But still really good!

I'm not really sure why, but their sales model the last couple of singles has been SUPER FREAKING BORING A-SIDE and then really awesome b-sides. It doesn't make sense to me, but as long as there's good songs, I won't complain.

[/quote]

Maybe it's because "boring" songs have more room for PV creativity?  I mean that's kind of what H!P has been doing recently, the main A-side is somewhat boring but with a good PV and then the other A-side has a fairly basic PV but is a much more entertaining song.

But back to Lead, I agree, this one is good, but not quite as good as Just Do It.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="Mukuro"]
I've been meaning to check them out but I haven't got a chance yet because I've been super busy this week. I will check them out soon though!
[/quote]
Take your time. Thanks for letting me know though!
I'll post in this thread for next 20 years even if no one replies in hopes I'll get one new fan. :hahaha: :cryalot:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oSAmvNpBUk" title="External link">Speechless (Live)</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-BQ4a2g5w" title="External link">Just Do It</a> were both NekoKai and aine's favorite songs so that's probably what you should give a try too. :thumbsup:

[quote="NekoKai"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="173061" data-time="1394140777">
<div>

[/quote]

Maybe it's because "boring" songs have more room for PV creativity?  I mean that's kind of what H!P has been doing recently, the main A-side is somewhat boring but with a good PV and then the other A-side has a fairly basic PV but is a much more entertaining song.

But back to Lead, I agree, this one is good, but not quite as good as Just Do It.

</div>
</blockquote>
Noooooo idea! I guess the A sides have a more different sound. And their b-sides all sound dancey like this.I guess it could also be a ploy for me to buy all editions of the singles. NOT THAT I MIND!!!

OK - linking a new song.
This time it's co-composed by two members Hiroki and Akira!

Tick Tock

I looooove this song. I can't believe they wrote ittttt! Why they don't let them compose more songs is beyond me. Maybe Hiroki was the brains behind this.. why did he have to graduate :cryalot: He was also the best singer of the group..
I don't have the full song because I can't find it online. :sad:

Last edited by strawberryjam on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I... haven't posted in this thread in over a week. That's too much for me to handle! :hahaha:

A nice ballad called Dear.
It will put me into sweet dreams tonight! :heart: :wub:  It's a live from 2005.. They look like babies here!

rabbit reverie
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Wanna Be With You (PV)
A seriously very weird, but epic song.
Everyone looks super hot except Akirachan who they made look super girlly.
I'd love to see blonde Hiroki pair with blonde Only You Takahashi. :hahaha:
Why did she have to get married to that fug comedian? :cryalot: Hiroki is like Takahashi to MM. He was the best singer by far and still good at dancing. :cryalot: They would have been perfect together :cryalot:

In other news, they announced the goods for a live they're doing for their fan club.
THEY ARE STILL SELLING GOODS for the graduated member Hiroki even after a year he has left. Should I be happy that there's a chance Hiroki might come back? Or should I be sad that it's just a sad reminder he's not there? He also got participate in a b-side in a single after he graduated. Strange, isn't it?

And one more thing. Lead was on a streaming show for White Day and they were drawing out prizes to give to fans. Ocassionally a "punishment" would come up. Keita's punishment was to write a letter to Leaders. For some reason he spent like the whole show writing the letter.. he was that into it. :hahaha: And this is what he wrote -
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Main message in Keita's letter for Leaders:

He thanks Leaders for supporting them all the time.

He wants to be with Leaders even after 10 or 20 years so they will work harder and harder.

It has been almost a year since the start of Lead's 2nd chapter. Thanks to the support from Leaders, they still have the chance to work hard in the entertainment industry.

He is really glad that SAKURA got NO.3 on Oricon and the good result brings them a lot of power!

Keita hopes that they can be in Leaders' live forever.

</blockquote>
:cryalot:
I hope he's not a liar and Lead will be around forever!!! :cryalot: But I do really like the line Thanks to the support from Leaders, they still have the chance to work hard in the entertainment industry. If he wasn't sincere, I don't think he'd say that.. cos he could be like EFF YOU I'M DOING OTHER STUFF IN THE INDUSTRY
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Dream is a nice song.  Wanna Be With You is good and the dancing is cool.  While I can't comment on the possibility of his return I think selling goods for Hiroki is a smart move, it's a way to milk some extra money.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

You probably mean Dear, not Dream. :hahaha: But it's cool!

WBWY is not one of my favorite songs at all.. It's strange, but a lot of other people like it so I linked it. BUT THEY LOOK HOT THEREFORE I LIKE IT. But really, I can listen to it a lot even with being one of my lesser liked Lead songs.

Lead are really good at dancing though. They can dance this intensely for a whole concert AND sing.. I don't really know what's "hard", but they did used to do a lot of break dancing. Now I just see back flips every now and then :hahaha:
Compared to MM, I think their dancing is way better.. I wish Lead could get famous too for their dancing. Honestly. I wonder how they can be singing sometimes when the foot work looks pretty intense and there's not always much time to take a breathe.. And they pretty much dance for EVERY song save for ballads. They even dance for slow songs that aren't pure ballads.

And yeah they ARE probably milking me for all the money I have. I can't.. help it. I am weak to Hiroki. :cryalot:
rabbit reverie
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Happy Friday!

Here's a nice song to wind down and rest to~~
Twilight

It's not a exceptional song by any means..and not only that, it's a cover. But somehow I really love how the guys sing it (way more than the original). Especially in the bridge. Somehow I feel some depth and emotion from them... I think this is proof I'm a true fan girl. :hahaha:
And it's complete proof that they will dance to almost any song. :hahaha: But I think it matches quite a lot still!
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I did mean Dear, and the worst part is that I looked at the title as I was typing it to make sure I got the capitalization right. :headwall: Twilight is nice, and I like the dancing, too.

Is Akira the one who does the rapping in Wanna Be With You?
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Sorry, really late, but Lead's rapper is Shinya. Although they split the duties a bit in the early songs. Shinya doesn't really sing anymore.

Lead's latest single Memory Breaker / Omoide Breaker sold ~43,000 copies in the first week making this their highest selling single!
It's a shit song so I won't link it hahahaha. I'm still happy they keep breaking their previous records!

But the amazing thing is one of the b sides is composed a member of the group Akira. :cryalot: omg.
Fary tale

Ahhhhh it's so all over the place, yet I love it so much. Just think of it like if a MM member suddenly composed a song, yeah. It's like that. My expectations were pretty low, but I still think it's a really good song on it's own regardless if composed by an idol or not.
It's Akira singing with Shinya rapping. Please listen! :party:
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Ah, okay.  Thank you!  Omoide Breaker reminds me of some W songs.  Fairy tale is really cool, and Akira and Shinya are my favorite members. :wub:

Looking at Oricon, this single ranked number three days 1-4, and number four on days 5-6.  (The weekly ranking isn't out yet.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It ranked 4, with 43,227.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="NekoKai"]
Ah, okay.  Thank you!  Omoide Breaker reminds me of some W songs.  Fairy tale is really cool, and Akira and Shinya are my favorite members. :wub:

Looking at Oricon, this single ranked number three days 1-4, and number four on days 5-6.  (The weekly ranking isn't out yet.)
[/quote]

ahhhhhhhhhh so happy you're still interested in the group! And not only that you have favorite members! Fairy tale should be totally your song.
I think it won't be until December 2015 we will see a live though. :sad: They only film one live a year and they've already filmed 2014's lol.
Shinya also had a b side Future, walking with you where he wrote the lyrics and rap. The song is not bad, but also not spectacular. I usually grow to them a lot when I see them live!

I'm ok with Shinya now, but he used to have loaaaaads of lines. There was one song he rapped and sang and Akirachan only got 1 line that was like equivalent of Sayu's line in Shabondama. :hahaha: Their management is cool though and they changed the line distribution. :thumbsup: I used to like their senpai group w-inds, but it was too much work because only one of the members (ayaya's hubby) gets to sing a lot. So I'm really happy Lead respects equal line distribution!

Annnnd! Keita! It's okay, I don't like him the most either. But he's got the best personality. Both Akirachan and Shinya are shy.

Yeah Omoide Breaker is okay, it's some kind of retro song. I wouldn't really recommend it to non fans. The Lead group I follow on facebook said they got no. 4 for the weekly ranking (not sure how they know). Regardless of the ranking, I'm just happy they're doing relatively well.

Every single they release makes my heart beast fast when I listen to it. I'm just so happy they're still around. :love: :love: :love: :wub: :wub: :wub:

[quote="Anderei"]
It ranked 4, with 43,227.
[/quote]

Thanks!!! Yeah, that is their best selling single (even though the A side sucks...) Ranking 3 is the highest they ever got so 4 is still great.

Their earlier singles are my favorite, but their sales are extremely low especially during a time when it was easier to sell a lot. It's weird they have a strong enough following since then, but won't complain. My first single I ever bought was their 3rd single Fly Away in 2003 (which is still one of my favorite).

Last edited by strawberryjam on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

But of course!  It's hard for me to lose interest in something once it's been piqued. 
Do they only have one concert tour each year, too?
Shinya's solo is sweet/cute.

Do you remember which song it was?  I need to go through and listen to their entire discography someday.  I never got into w-inds, or really anyone (Japanese) outside of H!P until now. :whistling:

I love shy boys, so that's fine by me. :rofl:

They were up against Exile Tribe and 2PM, so a ranking of four is quite good.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="NekoKai"]
But of course!  It's hard for me to lose interest in something once it's been piqued. 
Do they only have one concert tour each year, too?
Shinya's solo is sweet/cute.

Do you remember which song it was?  I need to go through and listen to their entire discography someday.  I never got into w-inds, or really anyone (Japanese) outside of H!P until now. :whistling:

I love shy boys, so that's fine by me. :rofl:

They were up against Exile Tribe and 2PM, so a ranking of four is quite good.
[/quote]

Yeah, usually just one main concert in a year in the summer. I hope I can go one year, but it's too hot in Japan in the summer and also super expensive to fly to. :cryalot: But it would be my dream come true!!!! They have some smaller lives too throughout the year though, not filmed. Hiroki graduated in March 2013. They freaking did not film that (with intention of releasing it on DVD). There's only a crappy mobile version of a couple performances. Big wtf.

The song I mentioned in my post with lots of Shinya and little Akirachan is GET WILD LIFE. Tbh, the song really sucks. :hahaha: And Shinya has weird dbz hair. :hahaha: And one more thing, I exaggerated how much lines Shinya gets in the song. I don't think there's a rap at all. He's just the center of the song.

As an fyi, Shinya became the designated rapper after the 6th single Night Deluxe. So any singles/albums before that, he definitely does more singing.

I'm not sure I would recommend listening to Lead's entire discography. The early singles/albums are good, but after that it goes downhill until about 2012, things get good again. The middle songs aren't ALL bad, there are some good. Their latter discography I've been linking feels more homemade and less "churn out songs with minimal effort which fan girls will buy" which has made me completely fall in love with them again.

I can't believe you never got into another J-pop group, lol. w-inds. was my first love before Lead. But the frustration is too much. Their lead singer Keita (ayaya's husband) is also a really bad singer, hahaha. He used to be really good as a kid, but maturity hit and killed his voice. w-inds are also way more popular. They can still sell out Budokan. Unlike Lead whom I feel is struggling to survive. They also had another brother group FLAME. But they disbanded quite some time ago. I like them more than w-inds. They actually re-grouped as EMALF (flame backwards due to issues with the company lol). So they basically can't sing their old songs, I think one of the members composes their current songs, but it's crap compared to Akira's. :hahaha: A shame because there's twins in the group and they are hot. :hahaha: And they have someone like Hiroki who can actually sing.
So the Vision Factory boy bands were shortened to WFL .. we fan girls called them Waffles. :thumbsup:

I was really mentally exhausted after all the excitement yesterday... and felt my heart was beating super fast the whole night... lol.
Every time I connect with Lead again I feel super duper happy and then on top of that, NekoKai seems like a fan now! :party:

rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Not filming Hiroki's graduation was a horrible decision.  They could have made a decent chunk of money off of the DVD.

There is a rap, but everything else you said about that song is true. :hahaha:  At least Shinya looks pretty cute in his first gangsta outfit.

Thanks for the info!  I'll keep all that in mind when looking up songs.

I didn't really know where to start looking with J-pop.  I wasn't exactly internet savvy until fairly recently.  I'll have to check out FLAME one of these days as well.  (And now I'm hungry for waffles.)  Do the groups ever do joint songs or performances?
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Probably my favorite Lead performances - Extreme Girl(2005)
It becomes very obvious why it's one of my favorites if you watch it. :hahaha:
I wish Keita and Hiroki had better outfits..

Lead's mascot is Leadog!!!!
I think it was drawn by one of the members .. Keita?
I am thinking of buying the Leadog mug and Leadog plushie (Sakura) version! Sooooo cute!

The groups don't have any interaction together really. They had one joint album together, I haven't listened to it, but I don't think it was good.

I can link some FLAME and w-inds songs I like!

FLAME - Mune no Kudou (2001) (their debut single. The PV was filmed in NYC)
FLAME - Remind (2003)
FLAME wasn't as well managed as w-inds and Lead. I'm not really sure why.. but it's obvious their management had some hope for them in the beginning what with filming their debut PV in NYC. But over time, you could tell they were getting the crappy songs of all 3 groups.

w-inds - Paradox (2001)
w-inds - New Paradise (2002) - My first w-inds song!!!! The other members actually get a lot of lines in this song.
w-inds - New World (2009)
Keita's singing was really good at the start, but I don't think they handled his singing well.. his singing is really bad now. It's not noticible in studio recordings, but it's really hard to bear live, lol... I don't know if he can still perform songs like Paradox. They should really lower the register of those songs.

To this day, I still don't understand why w-inds is the most popular. Long live Lead!!!!! :adore:
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Leadog is adorable. ^_^

Those FLAME and w-inds songs are pretty good, I think I prefer Remind for the former and New World for the latter.
Ryuuichi is cute.  When I looked up his name it said that he and Ryohei were just supposed to be backup dancers at first, so I guess that's why there's such shitty line distribution.

Maybe it's because w-inds is the main group so they get the best promotion.  I agree that Lead is the best of the three.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="NekoKai"]
Ryuuichi is cute.  When I looked up his name it said that he and Ryohei were just supposed to be backup dancers at first, so I guess that's why there's such shitty line distribution.

Maybe it's because w-inds is the main group so they get the best promotion.  I agree that Lead is the best of the three.
[/quote]
I know.. they are just backup dancers, but it's still too hard to deal for me. But welcome to my world. I like Ryohei! Little boy Ryohei!

I wanted to show Lead's debut single Manatsu no Magic (2002).
And then their 10th year Anniversary Live version.

Ahhh, they are really so good now. But before they were so cute. I can't decide which I like more. :hahaha:
I've been dying to get my hands on that DVD, but it was fan club only. It goes for over 10,000 yen on Yahoo Auctions (if it's ever available..) :cryalot:

And I made this collage. Someone try to convince me that Hiroki and Ai don't go well together.. lol.
rabbit reverie
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

They do look good together, but she is married now, so does that count as convincing you they don't go together? :rofl:

[quote="strawberryjam"]
Ahhh, they are really so good now. But before they were so cute. I can't decide which I like more. :hahaha:
[/quote]

Those were my thoughts while watching the videos.  Though I prefer their recent performance because 90s clothes are way worse than I remember.