Tsunku had cancer and vocal cords were removed.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Tsunku had cancer and vocal cords were removed.

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
OH NO it's true! Tokyo Girls' Update just posted on their Facebook that Tsunku has had his vocal cords removed, and he lost his voice. :(
[/quote]

What?? That is some serious shit. Having your vocal cords REMOVED? I don't even want to imagine.... and for someone who loves singing.... this is...
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="186924" data-time="1428123587">
<div>
OH NO it's true! Tokyo Girls' Update just posted on their Facebook that Tsunku has had his vocal cords removed, and he lost his voice. :(
[/quote]

What?? That is some serious shit. Having your vocal cords REMOVED? I don't even want to imagine.... and for someone who loves singing.... this is...

</div>
</blockquote>

You can't be serious...

What does this mean for him?? This means he's done singing permanently, right?

I don't even know what to think right now...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"I have just started to walk this new lifepath after throwing away my voice."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-04/hello-project-producer-tsunku-has-vocal-cords-removed-after-laryngeal-cancer-returns/.86736

Damn.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Well, at least I was there, along with other MM-BBS'ers, to hear him speak in person at a Q&A back at Anime Expo on July 4, 2009. And I have lots of tapes and DVDs where he speaks on camera and all the recordings where his inimitable vocals are used to punch up the girls' numbers. (Renai Revolution, anyone?)

But still, something wonderful has gone out of this world never to return.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You make it sound like he's dead. He can still express everything he wants in words and music. Just not his voice.

This news made me very sad this morning but at least he's alive and not giving up. A world without Tsunku would be a very sad one indeed.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't think this is as big a deal as people are making it. I thought we all knew it was going to happen too?

It sucks that he can't verbally speak anymore, but I guess I just don't care as much about the work aspect of his life in that regard as I do about his children and wife no longer being able to hear his voice. There are certainly a few challenges now when it comes to putting the intended emotion into the demo songs' vocals, but I believe UFP will be understanding and be more than willing to work with him on it. Sharam Q isn't active anymore either, right? All things considered, he's alive and well, and will hopefully be cancer free for the rest of his life with the affected tissue entirely gone, so it seems all's well that ends well to me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So does this mean that Heiki Michiyo will finally get that chance to sing for Sharan Q?

Too soon?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

This is so sad. I'm glad he'll live, but it must extremely heart breaking for him and his family. I wonder if he's been learning sign language...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]
So does this mean that Heiki Michiyo will finally get that chance to sing for Sharan Q?

Too soon?
[/quote]

:clap:
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Two words: Tsunku Vocaloid.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="JPope"]

Too soon?
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing earlier today. :D
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="186934" data-time="1428166706">
I don't think this is as big a deal as people are making it. I thought we all knew it was going to happen too?

It sucks that he can't verbally speak anymore, but I guess I just don't care as much about the work aspect of his life in that regard as I do about his children and wife no longer being able to hear his voice. There are certainly a few challenges now when it comes to putting the intended emotion into the demo songs' vocals, but I believe UFP will be understanding and be more than willing to work with him on it. Sharam Q isn't active anymore either, right? All things considered, he's alive and well, and will hopefully be cancer free for the rest of his life with the affected tissue entirely gone, so it seems all's well that ends well to me.</blockquote>

Yeah, whenever I would see stuff about his condition all I could think about is how he's got three young children so it seems a plus at the end of it all. And Tsunku has made it clear that he never intended on doing Sharam Q full time again, although he did want to get together once more for their 30th anniversary.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

RIP H!P grunting.
You did well, Tsunku.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="186936" data-time="1428185023">Heiki Michiyo</blockquote> 
Best H!P-related joke ever.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

So Uwaki na Honey Pie came on my MP3 player and I got a bit sad at the bridge because I remembered he lost his voice. That part makes the song.

While the decision is unfortunate I am glad his cancer is gone (I think it is?).
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="186944" data-time="1428205020">
Two words: Tsunku Vocaloid.</blockquote>

I thought the same thing. :x
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Message he gave at Kinki University:

'You may be asking why I’m not able to speak to you using using my voice right now… The reason for this is because I’ve had my vocal cords removed. I’d been receiving treatment for my throat since last year, but ultimately my cancer never went into full remission. Thus, I had no other option but to have my vocal cords removed. I chose to keep my life over the voice that I’d cherished for so long.'

Supposedly he has also said he's not interested in vocal prosthesis.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image