[2014.04.16] Morning Musume '14 - Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe / Password is 0

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.04.16] Morning Musume '14 - Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe / Password is 0

Post by Anderei »

There's no way they're using those shoes for the MV, though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Why not? Why even bother buying shoes if they're not going to use them. From the clip you linked, the dance looks pretty minimal as well.

I wonder if we'll get a PV for Toki wo Koe on this weeks Hello Station. I don't think they have any more videos to show. Unless it's just going to be the AreKore dance shot... Hopefully they show both rather than just AreKore. It's like a month before so it's pretty likely either this week, or next week...
If not the MV at least the live footage. We'll definitely be getting the audition announcement.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="173629" data-time="1395032960">
<div>
[/quote]

Why not? Why even bother buying shoes if they're not going to use them. From the clip you linked, the dance looks pretty minimal as well.

I wonder if we'll get a PV for Toki wo Koe on this weeks Hello Station. I don't think they have any more videos to show. Unless it's just going to be the AreKore dance shot... Hopefully they show both rather than just AreKore. It's like a month before so it's pretty likely either this week, or next week...
If not the MV at least the live footage. We'll definitely be getting the audition announcement.

</div>
</blockquote>

They wore very tall shoes for Kono Chikyuu and Help Me but switched to flatter ones for the lives and the MVs. I'm assuming the MV will have them wear the sneakers they had in the performance.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="173630" data-time="1395033377">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="173629" data-time="1395032960">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

They wore very tall shoes for Kono Chikyuu and Help Me but switched to flatter ones for the lives and the MVs. I'm assuming the MV will have them wear the sneakers they had in the performance.

</div>
</blockquote>

Kono Chikyuu looks like they gave 9th gen flat sandals versions and the other members smaller heels of the gold strappy shoes, and Help me looks pretty much the same?? There's definitely a heel though. And the shoe is essentially the same.
If they get different shoes it would probably (and hopefully) just be the same shoe with a lower heel for the Music Video.

Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Anderei"]
You can see a bit of the performance of Toki Sora here. They should have just stood still for this song.

LQ Covers

I can already tell that both regulars are travesties.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
[/quote]

Those outfits looks so much better with those shoes. The white ones made them look like they were wearing booties. In motion the outfits look very ethereal and pretty.

And can we talk about Regular A? Could you make Riho's head any bigger? Sayumi giving Riho that longing look of sadness. "Why wont you love me!?"
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Well, this is an improvement!!!

After the disaster that was EgaoNoKimi, I'm loving this. (L)
And they managed to put in some of the dance formation thing that has made them famous again lol

I don't think we should worry about this not getting 1st or anything. 
Management has learnt their lesson and they know the game about music anymore. It's about handshakes and gimmicks, so expect even more for this single.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I do like the outfits A LOT better now with proper shoes and their posing.  Everyone is werking them outfits.  Nobody looks like an idiot.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ Kanon doesn't look too bad either. I like the blue look, it fits the mood of the song.
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Wow, Zukki actually has an outfit that's flattering. Make that a first.

But everyone looks so gorgeous, and I love the color! I do hope they use the shoes for the MV, or at least something similar to them (or just bust out different outfits that could work better with dancing for the dance shots or something).

I absolutely can't wait until the studio version comes out! I love any song that has a lot of piano to it, and to hear this era of MM be so good at harmonizing is just  :bounce:
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I've really liked their instrumental tracks lately. It reminds me a bit like Platinum Era stuff. And in Toki wo Koe, I didn't hear too much Riho either.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I can't wait for the studio version either! The piano (and violin!!) and harmonies are great and this MM hasn't done a song like this before so it feels fresh.
I've been listening to the concert rip non-stop, which I usually don't do since they're crappy quality but this song is just too good!

rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="173624" data-time="1395028026">
<div>
You can see a bit of the performance of Toki Sora here. They should have just stood still for this song.

LQ Covers

[/quote]

Those outfits looks so much better with those shoes. The white ones made them look like they were wearing booties. In motion the outfits look very ethereal and pretty.

And can we talk about Regular A? Could you make Riho's head any bigger? Sayumi giving Riho that longing look of sadness. "Why wont you love me!?"

</div>
</blockquote>

Yes, the outfits look great in these shots. Particularly on Zukki.

I really like the Regular A cover. It has a late 60s/early 70s vibe to it. Can't wait to see the high-res versions.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kanon does look great but I kind of want to smack her hand so she'll put it down and do something different. She really loves that pose.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

No sir, I don't like it.

I hate ballads.  Japan seems to like them though, so maybe they'll do alright.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I've never liked their ballad singles, but this one is quite nice.

(choreography is laughable though)
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

It seems like the choreo is going to be pretty simple and quiet. The outfits look way better with those shoes, too bad if they're going to use the white ones for the live perf.

P.S: I'm really surprised seeing Haruna and Erina at the front in the group photo
Last edited by Derby on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="173674" data-time="1395083907">

</blockquote>

Part of me hopes that the choreo from the concert is way simplified from the dance shot because harmonizing and dancing at the same time is too hard.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="pandapanda"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="173674" data-time="1395083907">

</blockquote>

Part of me hopes that the choreo from the concert is way simplified from the dance shot because harmonizing and dancing at the same time is too hard.

[/quote]

lol Panda, when has that EVER happened? This is just Kimi wa Jitensha (that dance was so silly looking) all over again because apparently idols HAVE to dance all the time. Unless it's Be Alive. But this really is the kind of song where they could just have a PV of everyone sitting in different places looking nice instead of the regular dance shot + closeups.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Would have been a good opportunity for a "mic stand" song.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This song is gonna be great to listen to/watch... Cannot wait! (Toki wo Koe).... Just listened to the preview and I think I'm in love. Piano (?) and violin addition is an amazing humbling touch to all the electro we've gotten lately. I quite liked the outfits as soon as I set eyes on them <3 

Seems like MM is going in a great direction with harmonizing.... This can be just outstanding news for future releases :)
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hNnroAPYjA

Live of Password is Zero in Hello Sute! this week

I actually really like this song.  It's a perfect jingle for au, and it's so stuck in my head I might have to change all my passwords to zero so I never forget them.

But Riho's note midway.  Oh that was bad.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

So much jumping! lol
I think they're trying to do some kind of... form? during the chorus, but it comes out weird. Or maybe they're not. We'll see with the PV.

Sakura is getting awesomer by the day. (L)

And what does Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe means? I understand sky and voice, but not what the "wo" is doing there lol
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="Trinu"]
And what does Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe means? I understand sky and voice, but not what the "wo" is doing there lol
[/quote]

It indicates the direct object.  So, crossing what?  Crossing time, crossing the sky
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

In this case, you could also use the original kanji.

The title is written as 時空(とき)を超え 宇宙(そら)を超え. 時空, which is normally "jikuu" (space-time) is pronounced "toki" due to the furigana ((とき)), whereas 宇宙, "uchuu" (universe, cosmos) is pronounced "sora" due to the furigana ((そら)).

The 超え part does not mean voice in this case. 声 (koe) is the kanji and word for voice. This koe, 超え, is a more forceful-ish version of the verb 超える (koeru), which means "to cross."

Knowing all of this, literal title is basically "Cross Space-Time. Cross the Universe"

Though I prefer "time" over "space-time" because "space-time" is just kinda odd.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

"Across Time & Space" seems like an easier way to say it.
As the universe is space.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I've taken to referring to it as "Surpassing Time and Space" when talking to my no-Japanese-understanding mother. 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Sounds like The Beatles' "Across The Universe" when you put it that way.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well Tsunku IS a huge Beatles fan.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Ooh, so nothing related to the voices lol
OK, thanks! I got my 93480349th reason to go back to my Japanese books :'D
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Pass 0 is ... eh. It's upbeat and it looks like Erina, Zukki and Duu actually get small solo bits! But ... I just can't shake the whole obvious commercial connection, haha. It doesn't really inspire much in me beyond 'SHIT GUYS LET'S BUY SOME CELLPHONES'
<p style="text-align:center;">Image