12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: 12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

Post by Anderei »

Akari! She acts now!

At the very least, even when gorgeous girls do make it in, I think it's rare they become center. In most groups I think that usually is reserved for the girl next door that wota usually prefer.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Yurina Kumai could EASILY be a top model too.

oh and I agree, Maimi is genuinely beautiful.
Last edited by rob on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Anderei"]
Akari! She acts now!

At the very least, even when gorgeous girls do make it in, I think it's rare they become center. In most groups I think that usually is reserved for the girl next door that wota usually prefer.
[/quote]

That's an interesting idea.

MM Centers
- Fukuda Asuka - 100% girl next door
- Natsumi Abe - Same.
- Maki Goto - Not girl next door at all.
- Ai Takahashi - Very girl next door(ish)
- Sayashi Riho - Somewhere between Maki and the rest IMO, she is genuinely talented, her singing "could" be better, she does have a certain x-factor though. (well, anyone who shared center stage with suzuka nakamoto has to have something great going on!)

Berryz - Risako and Miyabi pretty much always shared center? I don't think either are girl next door types, both are really pretty in an unconventional way.

C-ute - Airi always center, Chisato and Maimi appear sometimes but it's usually the Airi show. Again, she's very pretty but not conventional beauty.

J=J, Karin is probably the MOST girl next door type H!P has ever had.... 

So it would appear Anderei, you're 90% spot on, centers are usually girl next door types with the exception of someone who comes along once in a while who just has "it"
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yurina has expressed an interest in modeling which I think is what she'll pursue post-Berryz next year. Berryz ended up with a lot of girls who don't look like the usual idols but like I said before, I think that was just by chance since they were so young.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I am genuinely excited for this new era of MM, I actually see a ton of potential in all the girls!  And the English skills are shocking.  I almost fell out of bed when I heard her English!  Here's to taking complete advantage of those talents! :party:

Also, how is everyone already taking favorites?  They haven't even performed as musume yet...  There are people with oishi from this gen. Already.
ice
Kenshuusei

Post by ice »

It's a bit hard to accept an MM without Sayu. a totally new MM. i hope the 12th gen will be awesome. i like Akane!
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

C-ute ends up the group with the most chemistry of the girls on stage in H!P. It's surprising how well they were chosen since they were all young. I guess it's natural selection playing a part as well, since the girls who dropped out proved unimportant. If they had stay, the group may not have been able to reach where is is today.

That aside, I have read the analysis of some fan on how idols with symmetric faces are the more popular ones.  Like Maeda Atsuko in AKB. Someone mentioned Britney Spears, and yes she had a good symmetric face, compared to like Aguilera. Those in H!P with relatively symmetric face are Takahashi, Abe, Riho, Haruka, Maimi, Dawa. Of course there are popular idols thank to their exceptional, unconventional beauty who don't have such symmetry to their face like Airi, Miyabi, etc. But really, symmetric and conventional girl-next-door beauties, like you guys said, are more popular, especially with the general public who don't like an idols who are too beautiful.

Maria has this certain X-factor and girl-next-door type of face that Momota (momoclo) has. I expect a lot from her.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="180120" data-time="1412098867">HOLY CRAP MIKI'S ENGLISH IS AMAZING.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ek89b655z3c9y3l/12th+Gen+(fan+recording).mp3

5:16~</blockquote>
Holy shit. :omg:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="180197" data-time="1412167179">That aside, I have read the analysis of some fan on how idols with symmetric faces are the more popular ones.  Like Maeda Atsuko in AKB. Someone mentioned Britney Spears, and yes she had a good symmetric face, compared to like Aguilera. Those in H!P with relatively symmetric face are Takahashi, Abe, Riho, Haruka, Maimi, Dawa. Of course there are popular idols thank to their exceptional, unconventional beauty who don't have such symmetry to their face like Airi, Miyabi, etc. But really, symmetric and conventional girl-next-door beauties, like you guys said, are more popular, especially with the general public who don't like an idols who are too beautiful.</blockquote>
If I ever write a master thesis in some relevant subject (i.e. never), the title will be "Eugenics in Japanese Pop Idol Industry". :lesson:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I'm still slightly annoyed with the KSS that they added. (I mean, isn't the point of adding someone with training to have people who don't suck right from the beginning?) But, like I said before, it does make sense. They usually try to give the fans of the girl who is leaving someone to switch over to, so they won't just give up on the group. Eripon was the one for Risa, Masaki for Reina... I suppose Riho was the one for Ai (going from ace to ace). It doesn't always work out the way they expect (Ayumi seemed to get more popular after Reina left instead of Masaki), but it seems to be what they like to do. Akane and Maria are both pretty (especially Maria) and appear to be well-spoken and intelligent, like Sayumi. Haruka also shares those qualities and was featured heavily in Tiki Bun. It looks like they are making an extra effort for Sayumi's fans. Perhaps because she has so many and because they have a chance to keep them because they won't just be following her as she moves onto something else (like Reina with her band) since she isn't planning to really do anything after she graduates (for a while, at least). I just hope Miki or Haruna can sing. They both seem more like dancers, though. Not that you can't be both a good dancer and a good singer. But there aren't that many people who are.  

[quote="rob"]
MM Centers
[/quote]

I don't think Asuka could be considered a center. She was more like whatever Sakura is. 
Last edited by Banana on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

So someone found the twitter of one of the new girls and it's honestly hilarious, I like her already.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

That girl is crazy I started to like her just because everyone loves the other 3 girls
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Banana"]
I'm still slightly annoyed with the KSS that they added. (I mean, isn't the point of adding someone with training to have people who don't suck right from the beginning?) But, like I said before, it does make sense. They usually try to give the fans of the girl who is leaving someone to switch over to, so they won't just give up on the group. Eripon was the one for Risa, Masaki for Reina... I suppose Riho was the one for Ai (going from ace to ace). It doesn't always work out the way they expect (Ayumi seemed to get more popular after Reina left instead of Masaki), but it seems to be what they like to do. Akane and Maria are both pretty (especially Maria) and appear to be well-spoken and intelligent, like Sayumi. Haruka also shares those qualities and was featured heavily in Tiki Bun. It looks like they are making an extra effort for Sayumi's fans. Perhaps because she has so many and because they have a chance to keep them because they won't just be following her as she moves onto something else (like Reina with her band) since she isn't planning to really do anything after she graduates (for a while, at least). I just hope Miki or Haruna can sing. They both seem more like dancers, though. Not that you can't be both a good dancer and a good singer. But there aren't that many people who are.  

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="180185" data-time="1412145094">
<div>
MM Centers
[/quote]

I don't think Asuka could be considered a center. She was more like whatever Sakura is. 
</div>
</blockquote>

Fukuda was pretty much the voice of MM until she left, where as Abe was the face. I think if you're going to compare, roles, Sakura's has been more comparable to Abe than anyone else, and even that was only for her last few years. Fukuda's role was lead singer, and in that respect, she was a center.

Last edited by JPope on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Molly"]
So someone found the twitter of one of the new girls and it's honestly hilarious, I like her already.
[/quote]

She seems to have a bit of Tsuji in her, which is not a bad thing.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="JPope"]
Fukuda was pretty much the voice of MM until she left, where as Abe was the face. I think if you're going to compare, roles, Sakura's has been more comparable to Abe than anyone else, and even that was only for her last few years. Fukuda's role was lead singer, and in that respect, she was a center.
[/quote]

I'm confused. I thought it was like: Riho = Nacchi (the center/face/ace/whatever), and Sakura = Asuka (the voice). 
Last edited by Banana on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sakura definitely isn't the face of the group.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="180099" data-time="1412089836">
Apparently these are the nicknames Tsunku chose.

Miki - Mikiti ミキティ

Haruna - Daisaku ダイサク

Akane - Haga ハガー

Maria - Makki マッキー

Luckily most of Tsunku's nicknames don't stick. I can't see Miki as staying Mikiti for obvious reasons. And Haruna's Daisaku is worse than "Daiishi."

Hopefully she'll get called something better like Ogaharu or Haruru or Harucchi? Idk. Miki could be Nona-something. I see a lot of people call Akane Akanechin, and Maria wll probably just stay Maria. Or Maria-sama (haha, if anyone gets thats reference).</blockquote>

So the wota have already decided on "Unofficial nicknames" and are wisely decided to ignore Tsunku's choices.

Ogata Haruna - Oharu

Nonaka Miki - Nakamii

Haga Akane - Akane-chin

Makino Maria - Maria-sama
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Eripon is still the best nickname. That and Dawa are the only ones I use.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Jesus, I read Sakura as Sayumi, and even thought Sayumi as I was typing Sakura, lol. So everything I typed is bullshit.

CArry on.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I can get behind Oharu. I have no idea where he managed to pull Daisaku from ( kanji reading?? maybe? )
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

He pulled Daisaku out of his ass, since not a single kanji in her entire name could ever be read as that.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Kalle"]
I can get behind Oharu. I have no idea where he managed to pull Daisaku from ( kanji reading?? maybe? )
[/quote]
[quote="arcobaleno"]
He pulled Daisaku out of his ass, since not a single kanji in her entire name could ever be read as that.
[/quote]

Guys, I've got it!  The kanji generally used for the "o" in "Ogata" is "大" (though not in her name) which also has a kanji reading of "dai".  The "saku" comes from "春", since it can also be read as "kasu" and calling her "Daikasu" would be horribly insulting, he switched the consonent sounds. :umad:
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="180238" data-time="1412194359"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kalle" data-cid="180232" data-time="1412184498">

I can get behind Oharu. I have no idea where he managed to pull Daisaku from ( kanji reading?? maybe? )</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="180236" data-time="1412189666">
He pulled Daisaku out of his ass, since not a single kanji in her entire name could ever be read as that.</blockquote>

Guys, I've got it! The kanji generally used for the "o" in "Ogata" is "大" (though not in her name) which also has a kanji reading of "dai". The "saku" comes from "春", since it can also be read as "kasu" and calling her "Daikasu" would be horribly insulting, he switched the consonent sounds. :umad:</blockquote>
You're all wrong. There's an enka singer named Ogata Daisaku. It has to do with that, they were talking about it on 2ch. I saw it on H!O, I will try to find it later.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I was joking, Saya. :rofl:   Though that's really cool to know.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I was joking, Saya. :rofl:   Though that's really cool to know.
[/quote]

Haha well it's a reasonable theory!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

With TnB as my witness, I named Ogata oharu yesterday.  DO I WIN?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

No complaints about the winners... I'm sure they'll all do fine in the group.  But I am upset about there being no footage of the auditions. Really upset ;~;  I want to get a better feel for their personalities.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I kinda want to call Haruna, Haru-ni, ni being 二. Or Niharu.  maybe I'll just call her Haruni, it sounds cute.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

They did do a traditional training camp... whether they filmed it or not...

Maybe I'm wrong about Asuka being the center, I didn't really check I just presumed that Nacchi took the center after Asuka graduated.
(Almost 20 years ago now....)
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="180256" data-time="1412210637">
They did do a traditional training camp... whether they filmed it or not...

Maybe I'm wrong about Asuka being the center, I didn't really check I just presumed that Nacchi took the center after Asuka graduated.

(Almost 20 years ago now....)</blockquote>

Natsumi was the lead in Morning Coffee. Asuka got more parts in the other singles, but she never had more than Natsumi.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

well, that settles that. After watching a few videos it's obvious to see Nacchi was the center.

And after all these years... here's a video I'd never seen before - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNxs3lnggz0

Nacchi center ;)