C-ute and Berryz Koubou do Japan Expo Paris! July 2014

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: C-ute and Berryz Koubou do Japan Expo Paris! July 2014

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="strawberryjam"]I did not realize that the concert is on July 3th which is a Thursday.

I'm super duper frustrated that all these events are taking place in France... and on a weekday. They have seriously just alienated so many people from coming.
[/quote]

Berikyuu aren't the main guests so Japan Expo's staff didn't give them best day to perform (ie Satursday) ^^".
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Update: so far so good in terms of making contact and getting the okay for the interviews. Now to plan the trip. 
Last edited by Madara on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

That's awesome Madara!  

I don't know why I keep checking this thread though.  It is just depressing me haha
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Arie
Kenshuusei

Post by Arie »

I'm going .

Concert only

6 hour drive -10 hours waiting in line- concert :wota: -5 Hour drive back home.. :sleeping:
Last edited by Arie on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]
Update: so far so good in terms of making contact and getting the okay for the interviews. Now to plan the trip. 
[/quote]

Unless some miracle happens between now and the time when it's too late to book a trip, I have to cancel the trip to Paris because of a family crisis that's going to take up all my free time (and some financial resources) for the foreseeable future.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm planning to make the trip after all. I'm not going to let family ruin this opportunity for me. Now I've got to book a flight and a hotel and get my passport renewed.

But I've got a dilemma. I've been asking two friends who know Paris well for advice and they both tell me to stay in Paris proper and take the train to the site where the Expo is held.

However, If I'm going to be doing interviews and attending the concert, maybe I should stay at one of the Expo's recommended hotels and just take the train into the city on days when I can sight-see. The problem is the website hasn't posted the Expo schedule yet and I'm not sure how much of the Expo I need to attend. If I have to go back and forth everyday, esp. if there's a late event, I may wish I'd stayed near the Expo. But if not, it might be fun to stay in the city. Or stay near the Expo part of the week and stay in the city for part of the time.

Anyone familiar with past events there who can give me some advice?

Thanks.

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="175773" data-time="1400004343">Anyone familiar with past events there who can give me some advice?</blockquote>
I forgot the details but I remember it was a pain in the hole either way. The ride between city centre and Parc des Expositions is some 30 minutes and costs about $10 each way.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Okay, I go to Paris in two weeks for this event. I need some help on questions. I have some broad questions for each member of C-ute, but I'd like some more specific ones and I also have to come up with new ones for Berryz. I have to confess I haven't really been following the girls closely this year and I'm wondering if there's anything special any of them had done that represents a new direction for them. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Definitely ask Berryz about their 10th anniversary and how it feels now that they have been at it for 10 years.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I got a few questions.

For Berryz and maybe C-ute in general. They have a lot of new girls under them now, and with Sayumi leaving, They are officially in charge, with them being in Hello!Project for so long, did they ever think they would be the elder members?

Also, Berryz and C-ute have released two singles together, do you think they should release more and do even more joint concerts together?

Will Buono ever return!?

Ask Berryz if any of the things in Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!? reflect their own thoughts. What would they be doing if they weren't 10 year Idols? 

As for C-ute. They've been doing a lot of challenges lately. Most notably the pole dance and their BS-TBS C-ute Challenge special where they are doing different sets of challenges. (This is their newest one. http://www.bs-tbs.co.jp/entertainment/challengetv/) Ask them what their most challenging thing they've done this year and what they hope to accomplish in the coming year?

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I got a few questions.

For Berryz and maybe C-ute in general. They have a lot of new girls under them now, and with Sayumi leaving, They are officially in charge, with them being in Hello!Project for so long, did they ever think they would be the elder members?

Also, Berryz and C-ute have released two singles together, do you think they should release more and do even more joint concerts together?

Will Buono ever return!?

Ask Berryz if any of the things in Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!? reflect their own thoughts. What would they be doing if they weren't 10 year Idols? 

As for C-ute. They've been doing a lot of challenges lately. Most notably the pole dance and their BS-TBS C-ute Challenge special where they are doing different sets of challenges. (This is their newest one. http://www.bs-tbs.co.jp/entertainment/challengetv/) Ask them what their most challenging thing they've done this year and what they hope to accomplish in the coming year?
[/quote]

Thanks for the link to those lyrics. That's pretty intense. I definitely can use that.

Also, how do I tell Mai Hagiwara that I think she's the coolest person I've ever seen. Do I use "kakui" or "sugoi"? And how would I say the whole phrase in Japanese?

Thanks.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Actually it depends of what you want to mean : "sugoi" is more used for "amazing" than "cool", whereas "kakkoii" is "cool".
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Actually it depends of what you want to mean : "sugoi" is more used for "amazing" than "cool", whereas "kakkoii" is "cool".
[/quote]

"Kakkoi" - that's it! Thanks.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So, is anyone besides Meikochi going to this concert?

I'm still working on questions and looking at recent concerts. I watched Berryz' 10th anniversary concert held at Budokan last year and was surprised to see C-ute show up. That was great. What struck me about this concert is how great Yurina has become as a singer/dancer/all-around stage presence. I used to consider the Maasa-Chinami-Yurina triumvirate as basically back-up for the others, but Yurina can more than hold her own as a lead performer now. When did she get this good?
I'd like to phrase that as a question but I worry about making it sound like she wasn't good before. "You've gotten really good in the last couple of years. How'd you do it?" There's gotta be a more tactful way of saying it.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Man, I'm furious. I was just notified by email that I only get 15 minutes total for both groups, Berryz and C-ute, and I only get to question one girl from each. I asked them to tell me which girls they'd be, so I can tailor the questions and I'm still waiting for the response. 

When I asked initially back in April, they said no problem about getting the interviews. If I'd known this was going to be the case I wouldn't have booked the trip. I've emailed UpFront's French rep separately, the one I met when BK came to New Jersey, and asked him for help. He's been helpful and sympathetic in the past. We'll see.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If you can only pick one girl from each group, maybe you should just question Maimi and Captain since they're the leaders.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I really love those Buono outfits and the Berryz ones. Berryz should have used those for a single!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

C-ute used those outfits again here. Special guests at an event called UNIDOL 2014 SUMMER. (source)

I'm sure those Berryz outfits are from their latest concert tour as well. Berryz and C-ute tend to wear their concert outfits to death compared to the other groups.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I haven't seen any setlists posted, but if I do, I'll share it here.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Setlist

<div>1.Because Hapiness - Berryz Koubou (From Ai no Album 8 (8th Album))</div>
<div>2.Shiawase no Tochuu - C-ute (From Dainana Shou "Utsukushikutte Gomen ne" (7th Album))</div>
<div>3.Chou HAPPY SONG - Both (2nd BeriKyuu Single)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MC intro</div>
<div>4.Massara Blue Jeans - C-ute  (1st Indie Single, though they more than likely used the updated version from their 2nd Best of Album, ② ℃-ute Shinsei Naru Best Album)</div>
<div>5.Forever Love - C-ute (7th Single)</div>
<div>6.Love take it all - C-ute (24th Single)</div>
<div>7.Crazy Kanzen na Otona - C-ute (21st Single)</div>
<div>8.ROCK Erotic - Berryz Koubou (33rd Single)</div>
<div>9.Dschinghis Khan - Berryz Koubou (16th Single)</div>
<div>10.Loving you Too much - Berryz Koubou (c/w to Cha Cha Sing, This is also a cover song from the same person Cha Cha Sing came from.)</div>
<div>11.Piriri to ikou - Berryz Koubou (3rd Single)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MC (C-ute questions)</div>
<div>12.Hatsukoi Cider - Buono! (13th Single)</div>
<div>13.Gachinko de Ikou - Buono! (4th Single)</div>
<div>14.Honto no Jibun - Buono! (1st Single)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MC Berryz questions, birthday cake celebration for Sudo Maasa and guest appearance by Kumamon</div>
<div>15.Tokkaiko Junjou - C-ute (3rd Single)</div>
<div>16.Kiss me Aishiteru - C-ute (15th Single)</div>
<div>17.Dance de Bakoon! - C-ute (13th Single)</div>
<div>18.Dakishimete Dakishimete - Berryz Koubou (19th Single)</div>
<div>19.Special Generation - Berryz Koubou (Miyabi slipped on stage during this.) (6th Single)</div>
<div>20.cha cha SING - Berryz Koubou w. C-ute (29th Single)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Encore</div>
<div>21.Amazuppai Haru ni Sakurasaku- Both (1st Berikyuu Single)</div>

And here's a short little video of some of the performances. http://youtu.be/uCwk4aM_rZI
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

What a solid setlist.  
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Ugh that setlist is to die for oh my christ.

Captain looks so cute shaking meikochi's hand!  And madara, that is an amazing shot of MaiMai. <3
Kaori • Risako 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Amazing.
Kaori • Risako 

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Oh my god Risako is so cute and precious.  :wub:
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Risako is basically a fantasy princess in the flesh.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

The setlist was amazing but I don't really like Amazuppai (and were expecting Ganbacchae!, but we can't have everything ^^). Some of their costumes (for example pink Berryz' ones) were from their Budoukan's concert.

Saki were sooo cute with me :heart:  and if I knew how to post photos (I'm such a noob sometimes), I'd have show you a priceless Momochi (and me with a better face) XD (she recognized my cosplay, I was so happy !). The last shot of Maimai.. :heart: You took great photos Madara !

Just a few facts : Captain and Momochi had a little fight with pens during one of the signing session xD ; Chinami went down of her (kind of) podium and took a selfie with us, photos of us and did the rolling thing with her hands (I don't know how to call that sign ^^' ; a fan told me it was an encouragement sign) ; Yurina had a "french" nail polish ; during the conference, Momochi told us a "secret but a really fashionable word in Japan" : "Yurushite-nyan" x) and Miya told us there was a even more trendy word : "Miya-beam" ^^ ; just on a side note, Momoko was the most reactive member during the conference, her energy was pleasant to see ; Risako & Maasa appeared to me as the most distant (bored ?) members during the signing sessions & handshake (might be only an impression) ; Miya seemed a bit intimidated during the first signing sessions ; Airi was as smiling as last year, she's adorable and it really pleasant to see her smiling all around ! ; Nacky seemed surprised and pleased when I talked about the dance crew ; Maimai drew some lines on her plastic glass with her marker when she got bored x) ; to me everyone shone during the concert (but before the beginning of the concert, MV of both groups were shown on big screens and at the end it seemed sooo long, even if we enjoyed the songs ^^'). Aaand my friend and I managed to get glowsticks (it was quite hard ><), so we were really happy ! :3

If someone wants precision about the conference I can give some (I didn't remember everything but if someone is interested, I can do it).
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Ahaha I love the momochi pic!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Madara"]
And for Risako fans:

[Here lies a photo of Risako looking cute.]

P.S. Thanks for the setlist, Shoujo!
[/quote]
OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Last edited by yuzuriha on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Tracklist

1. cha cha SING
2. Chou HAPPY SONG
3. Tokkaiko Junjou
4. Dakishimete Dakishimete
5. Crazy Kanzen na Otona
6. Kiss me Aishiteru
7. Love take it all
8. Special Genera~tion
9. Momochi! Yurushite Nyan Taisou
10. Adam to Eve no Dilemma
11. Loving you Too much
12. Hatsukoi Cider
13. ROCK Erotic
14. Massara Blue Jeans
15. Dschinghis Khan
16. Piriri to Yukou!
17. FOREVER LOVE
18. Dance de Bakoon!
Last edited by Solarblade on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Woo! Yes
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>