C-ute and Berryz Koubou do Japan Expo Paris! July 2014

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

C-ute and Berryz Koubou do Japan Expo Paris! July 2014

Post by Shoujo Q »

^It's BOMB magazine.

Berryz AND C-ute will be at Japan Expo France this year and perform on 7/3. Captain confirms the European event.

:party: .................................................................................................  :dammit: FRAAAAANCE!!!!!

Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Re: C-ute and Berryz Koubou do Japan Expo Paris! July 2014

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
^It's BOMB magazine.

Berryz AND C-ute will be at Japan Expo France this year and perform on 7/3. Captain confirms the European event.

:party: .................................................................................................  :dammit: FRAAAAANCE!!!!!
[/quote]
:veins:  :whatthe:  :confused:
:dammit: they get BOTH!  Share the wealth, sheesh.  East coast won that fan survey thing! :crying:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I believe it's because they have better connections in France, UF has a french speaking staff member. He goes to the overseas events. Which means they are able to get the groups easier. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I believe it's because they have better connections in France, UF has a french speaking staff member. He goes to the overseas events. Which means they are able to get the groups easier. 
[/quote]

Makes sense, and they know they can get a reasonable crowd.  Still, I wish they could come to the U.S....
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

East cost is huge, way bigger than France, which were close in number of votes.. So more people coud be able to come.. Also, it will be a great way of waiting for my exams results, yay :party: !
I could make you visit Paris if you want ;D.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

... I may consider going. I don't care much about C-ute and Berryz, but it gives me an excuse to go to the lolita events going on at that time... :hahaha:
Any other BBSers? You're French Meikochi and going?   :hahaha: That would help a lot. All the previous years I've gone, it's been an organisational pain in the butt. They always just think that everyone is going is French and not coming from other parts of Europe. :cryalot:

Will you go NekoKai?
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Oh my goodness, fuck France. :puppyeyes:  I would love to go see Berryz. 
<p class="bbc_center">Image
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I'm sorry Anderei..
I'm so tired of France too. Just spent the last hour looking up the other activities I could do. Was a pain.

London is super close with the Eurostar. I'm sure flights aren't so bad either. CAN'T WE DO LONDON FOR ONCEEE

SOMEONE GO WITH ME.. Babymetal is the same weekend. We all know that's where aine is going..
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

France even gets some of the kpop acts! They get everythiiiiiiing.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<div> </div>
<div>
[quote="Anderei"] [/quote]
</div>
:sad:
They're really a bigger thing over there though. Even one of my normalfag France colleagues at work is like... OOOH YOU LISTEN TO JPOP/KPOP? IT'S SO POPULAR IN FRANCE!
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I guess that makes sense. Maybe I should just move to the east or west coast so I can see people too, lol. The only people who've ever came here are the Wonder Girls.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="174787" data-time="1397354912">
... I may consider going. I don't care much about C-ute and Berryz, but it gives me an excuse to go to the lolita events going on at that time... :hahaha:

Any other BBSers? You're French Meikochi and going? :hahaha: That would help a lot. All the previous years I've gone, it's been an organisational pain in the butt. They always just think that everyone is going is French and not coming from other parts of Europe. :cryalot:
</blockquote>

Yes, I also live in Paris so I'll go for sure. I'll help you as much as I can for whatever you need ^^.
Campy <3 !
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

OK. I'm gonna take on your offer for help already..
I NEED HELP BOOKING A HOTEL
WHEREEEE

What's a good area to stay? I usually stay near Gare du Nord. It's pretty ghetto there though.

Better to stay near Japan Expo?
I want to go do some shopping in the city too though.. especially 2nd hand, some lolita, and yeah.

And I just need to book near a Metro station right?

Still not 100% for sure going. Just going to book a free cancellation hotel and decide later.

<div> </div>
<div>
[quote="Anderei"] [/quote]
</div>
If I remember correctly, West coast doesn't really get great treatment either though.
We got Morning Musume once and Kikka in California. I think that's it.
Berryz was in Seattle, yes. But it's super far flying between California and Washington still.
USA is just too super big :sad:
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="strawberryjam" data-cid="174799" data-time="1397389070">
OK. I'm gonna take on your offer for help already..

I NEED HELP BOOKING A HOTEL

WHEREEEE

What's a good area to stay? I usually stay near Gare du Nord. It's pretty ghetto there though.

Better to stay near Japan Expo?

I want to go do some shopping in the city too though.. especially 2nd hand, some lolita, and yeah.

And I just need to book near a Metro station right?

Still not 100% for sure going. Just going to book a free cancellation hotel and decide later.</blockquote>

Even the district of Gare du Nord isn't really nice, you have everything near : several metro lines, RER to Japan Expo (& to the center), etc. But if you'd like to stay in a nicer district, to me, Republique is well because it's more safe at night, not more expensive (as far as I know), there are many metros, a bus to Gare du Nord and it's closer to the center.

There's nothing near Japan Expo so I'd say it's even worse to stay around (even more if you want to go to the city to shop or visit).

And yes, it's better to be close of a metro station (or the bus 65 (or metro 5), if you stay at Republique, it's direct to Gare du Nord).
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

^When I went in Paris, I was near the Bastille, and it was nice. But I don't really know where is the Japan Expo thought...

And I live in Canada. We get nothing. There was Kyary in Toronto, but it's 6 hours away from Montreal, so cancel (and it's such a boring city..).
Last edited by AquaChan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, I wouldn't do that for Kyary but I would for a few of the H!P acts.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="174818" data-time="1397432427">
^When I went in Paris, I was near the Bastille, and it was nice. But I don't really know where is the Japan Expo thought...
</blockquote>

Nice idea. It's lively, near the center and you also have a metro to Gare du Nord (7 stations). But it's the farthest from the Japan Expo I'd recommend you to stay (but it will let you go easily to the little street with only shops about mangas/cosplay/lolita and to many places to see in the center, if you want to).
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Damn, that's kind of short notice and I already submitted my vacation schedule through the end of the summer. It would be disruptive for me to plan a trip like this at this time and I wouldn't do it if I knew that C-ute was coming to America in 2015. But I don't know that...and I want to see C-ute before:

1) I die
2) they disband
3) I lose all interest in H!P

Whichever comes first. 

I may do this if Philippe can guarantee me an interview with both groups, but esp. C-ute, the only one of the three main groups I haven't  interviewed yet. (Philippe is the French UFA rep who I met at the Berryz event in 2012.)

Anywhere I can find the details in English?
Where is the Expo being held? Is there a hotel nearby serving the Japan Expo visitors with easy access to the events?

I also need to get my passport renewed. Does that take more than three months?

Thanks.

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Madara"]
 But I don't know that...and I want to see C-ute before:

1) I die
2) they disband

[/quote]
Hopefully none of that happens anytime soon :thumbsup:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="pandapanda"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174828" data-time="1397487486">
<div>

1) I die
2) they disband

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Thank you! I hope the same.

If I do this trip, I worry that it may cause a delay in my hoped-for trip to Japan next year. If I have to choose between the two... :crying:
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174835" data-time="1397493038"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="174832" data-time="1397488688"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174828" data-time="1397487486">But I don't know that...and I want to see C-ute before:

1) I die
2) they disband
3) I lose all interest in H!P</blockquote>Hopefully none of that happens anytime soon :thumbsup:</blockquote> 

If I do this trip, I worry that it may cause a delay in my hoped-for trip to Japan next year. If I have to choose between the two... :crying:</blockquote>
Damn. I wouldn't go to Paris just for Berryz and Cute themselves, but I would go to meet up with Madara at the same time. :lol: But I'll be headbanging in London on those dates.

From experience, idol events in the West and in Japan are completely different animals. The western ones have the benefit of being more spontaneous, relaxed and personal. You can get away with a ton of stuff that you'd be banned for life for in Japan, such as long chats and handshakes, unlimited photos and filming, etc. On the other hand, the ones in Japan are usually much bigger, better organized, and not slightly half-assed as they are overseas. And there's a lot of them too - during our 2 weeks stay in Tokyo last year we ended up at 3 handshake events by a complete chance.

I guess I make it sound like the overseas events are better, and I guess for an overseas fan they are. But for you personally, you've already been to a couple in the US, and unless you speak communicative French then Japan Expo is kinda difficult to enjoy beyond wandering around the trade hall and attending the concert. On the other hand, don't expect any special treatment in Japan unless your press contacts reach this far.

Hope this helps you decide rather than get you more confused haha. BTW, I hope you saw my reply in your thread about planning your Japan trip.
Last edited by aine on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174835" data-time="1397493038">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="174832" data-time="1397488688">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174828" data-time="1397487486">

1) I die

2) they disband

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

If I do this trip, I worry that it may cause a delay in my hoped-for trip to Japan next year. If I have to choose between the two... :crying:

</blockquote>

Damn. I wouldn't go to Paris just for Berryz and Cute themselves, but I would go to meet up with Madara at the same time. :lol: But I'll be headbanging in London on those dates.

From experience, idol events in the West and in Japan are completely different animals. The western ones have the benefit of being more spontaneous, relaxed and personal. You can get away with a ton of stuff that you'd be banned for life for in Japan, such as long chats and handshakes, unlimited photos and filming, etc. On the other hand, the ones in Japan are usually much bigger, better organized, and not slightly half-assed as they are overseas. And there's a lot of them too - during our 2 weeks stay in Tokyo last year we ended up at 3 handshake events by a complete chance.

I guess I make it sound like the overseas events are better, and I guess for an overseas fan they are. But for you personally, you've already been to a couple in the US, and unless you speak communicative French then Japan Expo is kinda difficult to enjoy beyond wandering around the trade hall and attending the concert. On the other hand, don't expect any special treatment in Japan unless your press contacts reach this far.

Hope this helps you decide rather than get you more confused haha. BTW, I hope you saw my reply in your thread about planning your Japan trip.

[/quote]

I appreciate your input and your advice on the Japan trip. It's just a lot to process right now. All this is coinciding with plans to retire next year, plans which may have to be put on hold until a certain family dilemma is resolved and I don't know how long that will take. A trip to Paris to see C-ute may just give me an immediate, attainable goal that will compensate for all the other stuff I'm going through and make me feel there's a reason to tolerate it. :unsure:
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Madara"]I may do this if Philippe can guarantee me an interview with both groups, but esp. C-ute, the only one of the three main groups I haven't  interviewed yet. (Philippe is the French UFA rep who I met at the Berryz event in 2012.)

Where is the Expo being held? Is there a hotel nearby serving the Japan Expo visitors with easy access to the events?

Thanks.
[/quote]

The Japan Expo is held in the East-North of Paris, at the station "Parc des Expositions" (cf. that map, look at the light blue line, at the top right, just before Aéroport Charles de Gaulle). From Gare du Nord, it takes more or less 30 minuts and usually we have RER only for us x) (I mean, express ones, from Gare du Nord to Parc des Expositions).
Here is the website in English. I think that you'll find everything but don't hesitate to ask if there's a missing info, I'd check if I can find it in French.

I don't have any accurate answer for the passport but I think it won't exceed 3 months (at least in France it doesn't, usually).
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Madara - With regards to passports, there's a section on the application that asks when you plan to travel so they try to honor that.
You still have time as it takes 4-6 weeks anyways.

I recently just renewed my passport, but booked tickets before hand. The airlines were happy enough to accommodate changing the passport number on my ticket. But you should still probably check with the airline ahead of time.
Last edited by strawberryjam on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks, guys. I'll have to process this and email Philippe before I make a decision.

@Meikochi, I may PM you with specific questions if you don't mind. Thanks.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Sure, feel free to do it when you want.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<div>I may do this if Philippe can guarantee me an interview with both groups, but esp. C-ute, the only one of the three main groups I haven't  interviewed yet. (Philippe is the French UFA rep who I met at the Berryz event in 2012.)

Thanks.
[/quote]

The Japan Expo is held in the East-North of Paris, at the station "Parc des Expositions" (cf. that map, look at the light blue line, at the top right, just before Aéroport Charles de Gaulle). From Gare du Nord, it takes more or less 30 minuts and usually we have RER only for us x) (I mean, express ones, from Gare du Nord to Parc des Expositions).
Here is the website in English. I think that you'll find everything but don't hesitate to ask if there's a missing info, I'd check if I can find it in French.

I don't have any accurate answer for the passport but I think it won't exceed 3 months (at least in France it doesn't, usually).

</div>
</blockquote>

Okay, I've looked over the English website you linked to, but there's no mention of C-ute or Berryz. Are we sure this is happening?
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Madara - http://blog-project.net/shimizu-saki/193964 Saki confirmed it on her blog.

As much as I really want to go, I don't think I will anymore.

I did not realize that the concert is on July 3th which is a Thursday.

I'm super duper frustrated that all these events are taking place in France... and on a weekday. They have seriously just alienated so many people from coming.

It's not that I couldn't, but I just do not feel it's worth taking 2+ days of holidays for it. :hahaha:

I would really like to plan a grand BBS meet up somehow. :cryalot:
rabbit reverie
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Well, I've emailed the French rep for Up Front and am awaiting a response. If I don't hear from him, I'll try the other contact I have. I'm not making any plans until I'm reasonably certain I can get an interview.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Waaaaaaaaah Shokotan will be there too.  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!