Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

Post by Kalle »

<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Dun dun duuuun......

I am still debating whether to get VIP or not
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Yeah, but is that Japan time or Eastern Standard US time? Also, there are only 200 VIP tickets available.

There will also be a handshake event for people that buy CDs there.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

It appears to say '9:00 AM local time'? So I'm assuming that means EST, unless I'm wrong.

Hopefully I'm not stuck at work when the floodgates open. 8T
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I already told my dad I am going in half an hour late next Friday to buy tickets.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Ugh, I want this concert so bad, but my shift starts at 9 and I'm imagining these are gonna go faaast. Oh well, I'll consider it fate if there are any left when I get home.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Only 200 VIP tickets. I'm debating on staying home. The internet at work has been super slow lately. And I doubt it will be fixed by next Friday. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Update. 

MM are on the website. And the time is set at 12PM on Friday.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

What the heck is '1 post how high touch'?
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Swtess" data-cid="177132" data-time="1403134569">What the heck is '1 post how high touch'?</blockquote>
Must be typo for "post-show", 'high touch' is what Japanese call the high-five. Basically they stand in a row at the exit and you get to high-five them as you leave the venue. AKB does that in their theatre after every show.

The page says there's a presale for "American Express Cardmembers" that starts 2 days early. Do you need to be enrolled in any scheme or programme for that, or does that just mean anyone holding an AmEx CC? Because if it's the latter then I can see the VIP tickets selling out before the general sale lol.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Ah thanks aine. So does that mean I will have to purchase another CD for the handshake then? I'm still debating whether to go or not as the VIP tickets seems to be the best option for me. The drive down to NYC by myself is way too lonely and I do not want to stand in line for 4+ hours alone either
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Luckily the Amex link appears to have been broken since the show info was posted.  I was ready to get my dad to use his Amex concierge shit to procure my VIP but the link hasn't worked since.
Kaori • Risako 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="177150" data-time="1403186063">Luckily the Amex link appears to have been broken since the show info was posted.  I was ready to get my dad to use his Amex concierge shit to procure my VIP but the link hasn't worked since.</blockquote>
Not sure what you mean by broken - it works fine enough when I click it, it just says "Tickets are no longer available online".

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I couldn't get the link to work at all yesterday and others were reporting the same.  And the link also disappeared for a time.  Hopefully that doesn't mean VIP sold out immediately or something.  But since no one in any of the facebook groups reported getting a VIP ticket via this means I can't help but feel like it was a glitch in the system.
Kaori • Risako 

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

SO UNFORTUNATELY ... it looks like it might not be happening for me. :crying:  I didn't get enough money in my paycheck this week to cover for even a single regular ticket ( shitty service job with shitty hours ) and I'm tied up as it is paying off credit payments and planning for my Baltimore / Houston trip in seven weeks. I kinda doubt there'll be tickets left by the time I do get enough money to cover.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess~ ...
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I think this trip fell through for me too. I just visited family 600 miles away this past week, so my funds are low... I'm still hoping for a miracle, but I don't think I'll feel comfortable blowing through the kind of money this trip will take so soon after that.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

:puppyeyes: are any BBSers going?  I am vying for a ticket tomorrow and I would love to meet some of you in real life.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Samantha"]
:puppyeyes: are any BBSers going?  I am vying for a ticket tomorrow and I would love to meet some of you in real life.
[/quote]

Well, it depends on how successful the ticket run is for us tomorrow. I was even thinking of going directly to the boxoffice at 12 noon tomorrow since it's only a train stop away from my office, but the guy I talked to at the boxoffice when I called up didn't seem to think it would make any difference. If, by some chance, there's a line there of similarly thinking individuals, it could sell out by the time I got to the window, since they sell from the same pool of tickets that are available to people buying on-line. So I'll take my chances at the computer. If, for some reason, the website crashes, I can even just leave the office, take the train up one stop, buy the ticket at the box-office and then come back here, all on my lunch hour.

In any event, once we all get our ticket situation straight, we should be able to determine who's going. 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'll definitely be there!  As long as I  tickets of course.

Hopefully those of you who don't have the money tomorrow will still be able to get tickets down the road. I feel like the week notice before tickets go on sale is catching a lot people off guard and they might not sell out as fast as we all expected.
Kaori • Risako 

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I set aside funds the moment I saw ticket prices :dancey:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

haha I've had my funds set aside since the announcement of the concert.  
Kaori • Risako 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

This may or may not be an indication for the US concert, but for the Paris one a few years ago the VIP tickets were gone in some two minutes, regular ones lasted a little over 12 hours IIRC.

The sale started 9 AM our time and I have zero regrets about being late to work on that day. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The regular tickets will be easy enough to get. It's those golden 200 VIP tickets that will sell out within a second of them being put up.

I have the time, so I'm just taking a vacation day tomorrow and sitting my ass down and waiting till the clock hits Noon. I wasn't going to chance the internet at work. It's been shit for 2 weeks now and no plans on them fixing it anytime soon. 
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I definitely have the vacation time, but it's super short notice and I did just take a week off, soooo yeah. :lol:

I'll probably try grabbing a regular ticket if any are left at the end of the day but AUGH ANOTHER BUTT NUMBING ROAD TRIP. And kinda hotel prices in general but mostly augh long-ass road trip.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

[quote="yuzu"]
I'll definitely be there!  As long as I  tickets of course.

Hopefully those of you who don't have the money tomorrow will still be able to get tickets down the road. I feel like the week notice before tickets go on sale is catching a lot people off guard and they might not sell out as fast as we all expected.
[/quote]

see, it caught me off guard, too, but in a different way -- I was thrown for a loop because it was so long between the actual announcement with the date and location, and the ticket sale announcement, that I assumed they were going to take their sweet time and not start sales till like ... September, or even August. I could have done those feasibly, but like I said, between hours at my job dwindling and my debts piling ( and I am definitely not in a position to try and use my credit card at the moment ) it just may not be doable at all. If there is at least a chance at a ticket within the next few weeks then sure, I'll try it.

At the very least I can just support Sayu by buying the shit out of the fall tour goods when they appear?? And now I can set a goal to try and see them before Kanon bites it, haha.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Less than 30 minutes remain till the ultimate game of Battle Royale : Idol Edition begins. 

If I don't lose my freak out, I'd be happy to purchase anyone a general sale ticket if they have any available. I paid off all my credit cards with the express purpose of using them for this day. (And my Japan trip.) So I'm good on cash if you're good on paying me back. ;D
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

There's a "waiting room" open where you can buy VIP tickets. You can enter all your info to save time. I'm in there...tick, tick, tick....

Also, if you haven't established an account yet, now's the time to do it.

http://www.bestbuytheater.com/box-office
Last edited by Madara on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

VIP GETS!!!
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Sold out? I keep getting an error when selecting
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Swtess"]
Sold out? I keep getting an error when selecting
[/quote]

Were you able to get into the waiting room? I think it processes all those tickets first.