[2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Post by momoirosaya »

Release event At the end they even asked Sayu about Yaguchi and Kago... :nono:  Riho's face was scary... :ph34r:
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I'm late but you guys weren't lying when you said both Mikaeri Bijin and Shabadabadoo were beautiful tributes to Sayu. After being let down by a radio rip of Tiki Bun I waited for full versions of those and damn it was worth it.

Overall though I'm disappointed with this single, basically because what JPope said below:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="181134" data-time="1414211218">Yeah, promoting "Mikaeri Bijin" would've been a waste of money. It's a great song, but it neither fits their current image nor current pop radio conventions. The moment they decided to make this single a tribute to Sayumi they really narrowed their chances of continuing the streak, because they could only go as far as TIKI BUN would take them.</blockquote>
And yet they made the lead song on the single one of their most throw-away ones in over a year. And decided to release it on a week with obvious heavy competition that would probably break their combo. I can't decide if this was due to incompetence or did someone decide that Sayumi deserved a little "fuck you" from the management just so she didn't feel too good about herself after graduating.

tl;dr it's almost 2015 and UFA still can't into management.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I was under the impression that the competition showed up after they decided on a release date.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="181546" data-time="1415199325">I was under the impression that the competition showed up after they decided on a release date.</blockquote>
Did they? I wasn't sure about that but I didn't want to stretch my post unnecessarily. I suppose it couldn't be helped then, unless they strategically rushed or delayed the release. Or, you know, released a #1 worthy song to begin with. :pirate:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I don't see the hate for Tiki Bun. It's one of my favorite singles in the last several years.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's not hate, at least from my perspective. It's ambivalence toward what I see as a fairly ordinary song.

With regards to the bit aine quoted from me, I don't mind that they gave Sayu this tribute in the least. If anyone deserves it, it's her.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="181546" data-time="1415199325">
I was under the impression that the competition showed up after they decided on a release date.
</blockquote>

Did they? I wasn't sure about that but I didn't want to stretch my post unnecessarily. I suppose it couldn't be helped then, unless they strategically rushed or delayed the release. Or, you know, released a #1 worthy song to begin with. :pirate:

[/quote]

The original rumored release date was when Sexy Zone were releasing. It wasn't ever official but it was from a site that's been right before.

But the #1 song sold over 200k. Even with an amazing song, they never would have sold that much.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Tissue! TT.TT

Mikaeri Bijin Live&Talk
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥