[2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: [2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm with everyone on being excited for Mikaeri Bijin as well. I didn't really vehemently hate the Tiki Bun MV (except the ruination of Duu's hair), but I agree that it was quite cheap. All in all, Mikaeri is catching my eye far more because the snippet sounded gorgeous, and so did the snippet of the MV as well.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa and Toki wo Koe both had very visually striking videos, but I feel that the videos for pretty much every other video in this era have looked incredibly cheap.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Mikaeri Bijin Radio Rip: Youtube / Mediafire (Shared by The Rose Garden on H!O)
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Mikaeri Bijin <3

So the Tiki Bun parts and scratching move make sense to me as a pun with tiki bun mimicing the sound of scratching a record on a turn table but also sounding like "cheeky boon" or calling someone stupid (as a blissful ignorance kind of way to go with the lyrics). And I find it quite clever. I don't mind the scratching move all that much, but it was a bit over used. The PV could use some work but like usual, its a glorified dance shot with creative angles and a bit of artful light work. I'm anticipating that the actual version that comes with the single will be better.
Last edited by star on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="179962" data-time="1411842034">
<div>
Mikaeri Bijin Radio Rip: Youtube / Mediafire (Shared by The Rose Garden on H!O)
</div>
</blockquote>

Gah! This tease is too much. 2 minutes? Just release the damn song already.

It's amazing, though. That guitar is so Badfinger that the estate of Pete Ham could sue, lol! I have a feeling this is gonna be a long-term favorite.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mikaeri Biji may go down as my favorite MM song/single of all time, right up there with Sexy Boy and Koko ni Iruzee. I'm totally bias though because enka style music is my biggest weakness. 

I'm going to be a blubbering idiot when they perform this on graduation day. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

The song is great. I really like the vocals, too... because it mostly sounds like Mizuki, Haruka (in the verses), and Sakura to me and those are my favorite voices. :lol:
Last edited by Banana on Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Mikaeri Bijin..... I'm absolutely in love with it. I can't express how much I love it.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I really like this! It's such a sweet sendoff for Sayu and it just sounds lovely overall.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm in love with the chorus, it's also just so nice to hear a song that's so different from their current style. I'm glad there's no autotune or electronic bleeps going on.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So the best song on this single by far is the one Tsunku didn't have any hand in writing.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Everytime I hear it, the beginning of Mikaeri Bijin makes me think of Dream On by Aerosmith.

I think this single will sell fairly well. For one thing, the Sayumi wota are expected to pay out the ass for this single in my opinion. Also, Shabadabadoo is fairly nice and very catchy and Mikaeri Bijin is one of if not the best MM song yet. Plus Tiki Bun isn't bad. This single can appeal to EDM fans, house music fans, and fans of more traditional music.
Last edited by star on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

TIKI BUN up on main channel.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

WOW! A lot of new info was released while I was away O_o

TIKI BUN is my least favourite song from this single. I like the first few seconds of the instrumental before they start singing but then it all goes downhill from there. I just find the rest of the instrumental and the lyrics boring. The MV is probably one of the most boring MV's MoMusu has ever released. It would've been better if the dance was a lot more interesting and they made the MV look similar to an E-girls dance video.

I really like Shabadabadoo!'s instrumental :) It's quite strange hearing Sayu singing so softly but it's still nice :)

Mikaeri Bijin sounds amazing so far! :) The instrumental is great & the members sound great though I wish they harmonised more like AKB did in Sakura no Shiori :) I really want to see the full version of the MV & I love the girls outfits :)

All the CD covers are really nice :) My favourite to least favourite are RE B, LE C, LE D, RE A, LE B & LE A :) RE B & LE C are seriously beautiful!!! <3

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

What's with the Tiki Bun hate? It is amazingly upbeat and fun to listen to. I have to listen to it multiple times, and even then it is still stuck in my head!
Going to listen to it some more!

Waiting for good quality videos to appear for the other 2 songs on the single
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ I don't hate it I just dislike it :) There's no reason for me to hate the song I just think it's boring.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't think there's hatred for "Tiki Bun" so much as there is ambivalence. I also like the opening eight bars of the instrumental, but it goes to an ordinary place after that.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Same here. I don't hate it, but there are far more interesting thing than it, namely the other two tracks. Its not bad, but it isn't necessarily good either. To me, its just ok. It seems super repetitive to me and so similar to what they've already done; its nothing special. If it comes on in a playlist, I'm not gong to go out of my way to skip it, but I guess it depends on what I'm feeling like.

I found this and its quite amusing to me.
Last edited by star on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Actually I'm liking it more and more after a few listenings.
Campy <3 !
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

For a dance like in Mikaeri Bijin which needs graceful movements, I strongly, strongly disapprove of Riho. Why is she center, anyway? They should have known from Toki wo Koe that her sharp movements don't fit these types of song and dance.

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I completely disagree. Ayumi has said several times that the difference between herself and Riho is that, while she is as good at sharp and hard movements as Riho is (or even better), she isn't very good at supple, graceful movements like Riho is. Riho is very good at both. It's the reason why a lot of people consider her to be the best dancer.    
Last edited by Banana on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Too bad I can't associate Riho with grace. The way she carries herself....And that manifests itself in her dance as well. Maybe if she mellows down her character, she will be able to fit with this type of dance.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I thought she looked absolutely wonderful in that Mikaeri Bijin dance, in fact she really stood out in a good way for me.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

After seeing Harosute episode I think I could say that Shabadabadoo~ is my favorite song (from this sinlge) for the moment.
And Mikaeri Bijin's chorus is incredible. The lamest song is the main A-side -_-

I didn't see anything bad on Riho's dancing tbh
Image Hey
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Molly"]
I thought she looked absolutely wonderful in that Mikaeri Bijin dance, in fact she really stood out in a good way for me.
[/quote]

I agree.  I really loved her dancing here.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It's funny that these 2 songs are so blatantly about Sayumi.

I really like the Shabadabadoo PV so far. It's really cute! I can't wait for the full thing. It's the most creative pv on this single. And Ayumi said something happens at the end, I'm curious as to what that is!

Mikaeri was really nice as well~ I also though Riho did a great job. It will be interesting to see Oharu dance this since she must be very graceful having done figure skating.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Someone on Facebook pointed out that their outfits in Mikaeri Bijin are the colors of the Platinum Era girls who have graduated since 9th gen joined, so Ai, Risa, Aika, Reina.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

The Shabadabadoo MV is everything I have ever wanted. It's so cute and stylish!! Also surprise Mizuki appearance! ( so I'm assuming Haruna will show up in the full one as well. )
Mikaeri Bijin is simple, but it's really graceful and sweet. I really like them both~
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mikaeri Bijin almost, ALMOST got a tear from me. It's a very moving song the way they are delivering it. 

Shabadabadoo was exactly what I pictured Sayumi's MV to look like. I enjoy the lyrics too, now that I know they about her. Considering the length of the MV on the single, I wonder if we'll see this mysterious ending in the PV or need to wait for it to appear on MV? 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I started busting out crying at the very start of the Mikaeri Bijin video. The lyrics to both of these describe Sayumi perfectly. Her cute side and also her hardworking leader side. Its pretty clear that they were written specifically for her and I'm happy that they actually have meaning rather than being random songs.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>