[2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

pandapanda
ANGERME

Re: [2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Post by pandapanda »

I'm on the fence with Mikaeri, but Shabadabadoo is so chic.  I've been singing it around the house, it's catchy but not overwhelming.  A solid send-off song that will be a favorite of mine for years to come!  Yay Sayu! :wota:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

PV preview of Tiki Bun. I'm sure the bigger preview will be on Hello!Station tomorrow.

And PV preview of Mikaeri Bijin.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Has anyone else felt like they've really been grooming Haruna to be the new leader?? Also, Mikaeri Bijin <3
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Well it seems like the pv for TIKI BUN will be super boring. Mikaeri Bijin looks promising though and I'm liking the song so far, but those outfits are just "what?".
I got my brother to agree to by this for me if I pay him back so I'm super excited. I'm going directly through CDJapan though, but thank you Meikochi. (Regular B here I come!~)
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

For me I loooove the Mikaeri Bijin outfits.... So colorful. All the recent singles have had such bland colors:
Tiki Bun-- Red, white and black
Toki/Sora-- Dark blue (all one color)
Egao-- White, KiminoKawari-- Dark blue and black
Wagamama--White, black & Ai no Gundan-- White, black and red

Not to say they didn't have any color or that they weren't good outfits, I'm just always a fan of change and I think the colors compliment well :)

Edit: Also, for those who know Japanese--- is the "Mikaeri" in 見返り 美人 supposed to mean more of a "payback" beauty (as in she became beautiful to get back at you), a "turn-around" beauty (as in when she turns around to see you) or as a "if you look back" beauty (as in you as you look back you should have realized her beauty)? Thanks!

Double edit: Google gave me the answer--Mikaeri Bijin means "beauty looking back." If an Edo-Period lady turned back to look at you, it meant she liked you.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I would hope for Mikaeri Bijin they have insert shots of the other members in traditional Japanese wear (not necessarily a kimono), but then that would take away from Sayu being the only one dressed like that, so I doubt they did it.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

^Same.

The full MV for TIKI BUN is on this week's Hello!Station.  It's pretty boring, but nicely done.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I like the looks of the Mikaeri Bijin PV but not really the song itself.

Tiki Bun PV looks meh.  MEH.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tiki Bun looks really low budget. Most MM PVs do but I was like 'damn what happened' when I watched that preview.

I don't really like the other songs either. :/
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

At some point of the MV, I had to remind myself that it was the MV and not the Dance Shot.. But Duu is in front, at her best, and Riho is shining so I'm happy with it :3.
My favorite part is the "Here we go!".
Campy <3 !
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Just show me some Masaki and I would be happy with any crap they release. I am such an easy to please fan.
It seems Tiki Bun MV tries to incorporate the cool image of Haruka and the cute image of Masaki, which is not bad.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

MV is nothing special, but I still like it. Duu was super flawless. I think being in Lilium has helped her to level up her stage presence. 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The MV is cheap, but it has an interesting background and lighting effects. Its more visually interesting than things in the past, but it still has the dance-shot and close up shot stuff.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

PV looks like they had no time to come up with a creative concept. The light effect was cool, but there was nothing special about it. Kind of a shame since I though Egao and Toki were really good. Mikaeri Bijin looked better, and hopefully Shabadaba will be really cute.
MM's outfits are so boring lately as well. All black, white, red, or blue, occasionally yellow. (Monochrome and primary colors basically).
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Wow, it's like Sayu's graduation got pushed back by at least one single and they ran all out of creativity and money for probably the most important graduation in MM's history. The song is meh, the MV is meh, and that air scratching move makes me want to gouge my eyes out. It would be fine as a one-off "cool" accent somewhere in the dance, but building the whole dance routine around it screams creative impotence. Especially after the air piano and air violins in TokiSora, which I already thought was a roll-eyes worthy blemish on an otherwise lovely song and MV.

At least the covers are very good. But Sayu deserves so much more than that. :wut:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Someone on a french forum pointed out a cultural reference that H!P may have made : Mikaeri Bijin painted by Sawamura Sojuro and one of the poster with Mikaeri Bijin's outfits.
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Sachiko
Kenshuusei

Post by Sachiko »

I really like the song Tiki bun, even if it's less energetic than some of the last songs like What is love or Passworld is 0! There's a kind of power in the melody and particularly in the refrain ^^
On the other side the MV is very simple... But I forgive this because we can see Haruka very often and she is so cool and pretty *-*

That's funny that H!P make a cultural reference! They should do that more often, it symbolizes good the feelings of someone who will be graduated...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="179816" data-time="1411590743">
Wow, it's like Sayu's graduation got pushed back by at least one single and they ran all out of creativity and money for probably the most important graduation in MM's history. The song is meh, the MV is meh, and that air scratching move makes me want to gouge my eyes out. It would be fine as a one-off "cool" accent somewhere in the dance, but building the whole dance routine around it screams creative impotence. Especially after the air piano and air violins in TokiSora, which I already thought was a roll-eyes worthy blemish on an otherwise lovely song and MV.

At least the covers are very good. But Sayu deserves so much more than that. :wut:</blockquote>

Wouldn't the most important grad in their history be like, Abe or Maki?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

[/quote]

Maybe Abe, but you could make a case that Sayu's graduation is more important because the group she's leaving behind will have far less star power than the group Abe left behind, and because Sayu has more time in the group than anyone else.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I watched it twice. I like the song, soon I will love it. I never disliked the song. The PV was nothing but a glorified Dance Shot, which is a disappointment but not really a surprise. We've had these before.

The dance. Oh my god. What. A. Let down. It is no doubt the worst dance since the EDM started with OTT. It is absolutely the laziest dance I have seen yet. Really. Arm-in-arm swaying for most of the song? The scratching wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't been over one. But the arm in arm. I can't even. (Oh how I wish I had gotten the Lim C)
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Chikiboon is an ear worm. I found myself humming it not long after I watched the music video. While the video itself is lackluster, it's to be expected of a dance heavy group like Morning Musume to showcase their dancing.

Also, to comment on the promotional versions of the music videos that are shown on Hello!Station. There's more to the music video. UF has been doing it for the last few singles for all the groups, I think the most noticeable have been Juice's. They don't mention it, but if you watch the official music video from the one they put in with the single and then the promotional edit, you start to see differences. Adding longer endings, different cuts. Basically they polish it off. 

So I wont pass my, omg at least you should have given them some DJ equipment so the hand movements didn't look THAT silly, judgement of the music video till I see the final version. (But I have a feeling I'm still going to say that.)
I can see a few cuts that looked off. Lipsync was off on a few of Riho and Ayumi's shots. 

Also on a semi-related note, If you go to the official release page, they tell you how long the music videos will be. Expect Shabadabadoo (or whatever it's called) to be a long one. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

And the "Tiki Bun" part where a couple girls in the back move forward is just so bad it makes me cringe... It's not their fault, that's just not a move where you can easily and gracefully step forward without sticking out like a sore thumb =(

But yeah, the dance is reallllly simple. It was way too easy to learn just by watching two times.

Edit: If all the users on just Alita's doc pay and get all their copies that will add a good 50 copies to MM's sales... Small but still adds up! 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="179829" data-time="1411602993"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179825" data-time="1411596472">

</blockquote>

Maybe Abe, but you could make a case that Sayu's graduation is more important because the group she's leaving behind will have far less star power than the group Abe left behind, and because Sayu has more time in the group than anyone else.</blockquote>

I guess I didn't look at it that way, although I feel that Sayumi's individual star power has actually decreased the past few years.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="179832" data-time="1411604472">
Also, to comment on the promotional versions of the music videos that are shown on Hello!Station. There's more to the music video. UF has been doing it for the last few singles for all the groups, I think the most noticeable have been Juice's. They don't mention it, but if you watch the official music video from the one they put in with the single and then the promotional edit, you start to see differences. Adding longer endings, different cuts. Basically they polish it off. 

So I wont pass my, omg at least you should have given them some DJ equipment so the hand movements didn't look THAT silly, judgement of the music video till I see the final version. (But I have a feeling I'm still going to say that.)

I can see a few cuts that looked off. Lipsync was off on a few of Riho and Ayumi's shots. 

Also on a semi-related note, If you go to the official release page, they tell you how long the music videos will be. Expect Shabadabadoo (or whatever it's called) to be a long one.
</blockquote>

I pointed out the MV changes when the Toki Sora / Pass 0 videos were released with the singles, I just haven't bothered to do comparisons for any others afterward lol.

Also yay detailed release information! Limited B get.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Um promo video is out!
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1S0zeOUcQ

Just waiting for it to pop up on MM's page!
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Banana"]
MV is nothing special, but I still like it. Duu was super flawless. I think being in Lilium has helped her to level up her stage presence. 
[/quote]

Are you sure that's from Lilium?  I mean she was like that in Brainstorming and Wagamama, I thought she's just gotten better because of practice.

[quote="MysticForceRed"]
Um promo video is out!
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1S0zeOUcQ

Just waiting for it to pop up on MM's page!
[/quote]

That's what we're all talking about, except we're watching it on Hello!Station A.K.A. the source, instead of watching a video that was ripped from H!S.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

No, I don't think that it's all from Lilium. But I do think it has helped her to improve. I always notice improvements from the girls after they do plays. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I have the few seconds of MB stuck in my head. I hope we get it soon, or repeating those few lines over and over may drive me insane.  :whatthe:

Edit: Mikaeri Bijin is going to be played on Morning Jogakuin (according to their twitter) at 12:30 AM on the 27th. I am no longer sure.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

This is by far the most significant Morning Musume graduation since the last of the golden era girls left, and yet I feel like Mikaeri Bijin is the only track or video that had any thought put into it.  I enjoy Tiki Bun but I'm amazed by how third rate the video is.  This new era of Momusu haven't had amazing videos by any means, but this video is amazingly low budget and uninspired, even if the camera work is decent.  I feel like Juice=Juice's early releases pulled off this minimalist aesthetic so much more elegantly.

On the upside, I think Mikaeri Bijin is going to be a gorgeous song and the video looks much better than it should considering how hideous the outfits are.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I thought the video for "Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa" was one of the best MM videos ever.

I'm also excited for "Mikaeri Bijin," partly because "Tiki Bun" is so average and partly because that little snippet sounds so damn good.