Ladies Code in a car crash

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Anderei
つんく♂

Ladies Code in a car crash

Post by Anderei »

Reports are saying that Ladies Code's Eunbi has died in a traffic accident and the other members are being hospitalized. :/ The driver of the car also died.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Re: Ladies Code in a car crash

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Their agency confirmed it.  Two other members are in critical condition and are undergoing surgery before they transfer to a hospital in Seoul.
<div> </div>
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

This is just really sad. I can't imagine what her poor family must be feeling, along with her group mates.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

More details have come out and although the car did catch on fire, Eunbi's cause of death was that she was ejected from the car because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I'm guessing that she was the one up front with the driver. It's a shame because if she'd had it on, even though she'd probably still be hurt, there's a good chance the accident itself wouldn't have killed her. And nobody in Korea EVER wears a seatbelt. My friend who is studying over there now says she gets made fun of when she wears it, even though Korea has a very high accident rate compared to most developed countries.

And just yesterday, Bestie were in a car accident as well. And I can think of a number of groups off the top of my head who have also been in one.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Okay, Rise's surgery has been completed after 9 hours but she's still in critical condition. Apparently her brain's been dented in many places and she was continuously going into cardiac arrest throughout her surgery. This afternoon will basically determine whether she's going to survive or not so people should still be keeping her in their thoughts. Reports are saying that Sojung is fine, though.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Oh my god that's beyond horrible
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]
More details have come out and although the car did catch on fire, Eunbi's cause of death was that she was ejected from the car because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I'm guessing that she was the one up front with the driver. It's a shame because if she'd had it on, even though she'd probably still be hurt, there's a good chance the accident itself wouldn't have killed her. And nobody in Korea EVER wears a seatbelt. My friend who is studying over there now says she gets made fun of when she wears it, even though Korea has a very high accident rate compared to most developed countries.

And just yesterday, Bestie were in a car accident as well. And I can think of a number of groups off the top of my head who have also been in one.
[/quote]

Hopefully this will finally change their stubborn minds on not wearing seatbelts.

Over here you actually have to pay a fine if you're caught driving without your seatbelt on.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Pff this is so sad :( It's true that many Idols have been in traffic accidents.
I hope this will change their minds about the seatbelts, people never change until something bad finally happens
Last edited by Derby on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

And people are now reporting Rise's surgery was 11 hours and ended because her blood pressure was low and not because it was finished. She's in the ICU.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I avoided this topic like the plague because my FIRST thought when Eunb's death was announced was that she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I've seen it so often on Korean TV shows, and I think it's actually only a requirement for people up front.

Yonghwa from CNBlue said in an old episode of We Got Married that people in the backseat didn't have to wear seatbelts, so I'm guessing that the rest of the group didn't have them on either. I can only imagine what kind of injuries these girls sustained.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've never seen anyone on any Korean reality shows wear seatbelts ever. Even the drivers. People just don't.

Sojung is stabilizing and the other two girls seem to be fine. As for Rise... who knows. Even if she lives I don't think she's going to be okay. Not after an 11 hour brain surgery.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Yeah, I'm very interested to see what this means for the future of the group. I don't think Rise's condition sounds promising for a performer.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Apparently the driver is their manager and is still alive, and he's being charged with negligent homicide.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Really? I was under the impression the car hydroplaned and a wheel came off which is kind of not his fault.

I'd also heard the driver was killed. So that's odd.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]
I've never seen anyone on any Korean reality shows wear seatbelts ever. Even the drivers. People just don't.
[/quote]

Coincidentally, I just saw it on the TTS show.

taetiseo.jpg

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179094" data-time="1409769739">

Really? I was under the impression the car hydroplaned and a wheel came off which is kind of not his fault.

</blockquote>

I'm just talking about Austrian law again, but the driver is responsible for the people having their seatbelts on. If they don't, it's the driver's fault.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Rise also received injuries to her abdomen, and she had swelling of the brain in addition to her falling blood pressure.

[quote="Anderei"]

[/quote]

I know the police were investigating if he was speeding, but I don't know jack shit enough about Korean laws to know what the requirements for negligent homicide are.

That was just a rumor/speculation, same with Ashley and Zuny not being in the car.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, I saw the stuff about Rise's brain last night. It's really awful.

Ap, I think where I live if you aren't a minor and the car is pulled over, the individuals without seatbelts get tickets. Like, the driver might be wearing theirs and their friend isn't, so friend gets a ticket. I'm not 100% on that, though, I'm super anal about wearing a seatbelt, especially since I live in a big city.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I think the driver gets a ticket for any people without a seatbelt here, but I'm not 100% on that. I've encountered one person in my life who refused to wear a seatbelt, as in really refused when I asked her to put one on, so I refused to be the driver in any vehicle with her in it because I didn't want a ticket. I only noticed when we almost got into an accident on the highway (the girl driving wasn't paying attention and almost hit standstill traffic at 60+ mph) and this girl was in the backseat leaning into the front. She would've gone straight through the windshield if we hadn't stopped in time, I guarantee it.

Anyway, this whole situation is incredibly tragic, but I guess I'm most upset about trying to sue the manager! Is he really responsible for the upkeep of the company's cars? That seems like an awful lot of responsibility to just lay on his shoulders just because they need someone to blame here. It's really sad because it's the entire company's fault that their stars are driving around in unsafe vehicles that aren't properly maintained, and then the fault of society that these girls likely weren't wearing seatbelts (if that's the case), etc. There's no way this entire incident sounds like it's on one man's shoulders, much less someone who probably had LESS control over the whole situation than the people higher up!

I could go on, but really it's just really tragic on sooo many preventable levels.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I saw somewhere else say "accidental vehicular manslaughter" instead of "negligent homicide", but I haven't heard anything about the charges since more details about the van (it being a rental and the first time they used it; airbags not deploying) were released.

Western media is reporting on it.  A good English article with some additional informationAn okay German article.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is brutal. A fucking wheel fell off of the car? Whoever was responsible for the upkeep of that vehicle is probably gonna do jail time.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Updates on all the girls.  The image at the bottom is of Ashley and Zuny at the wake.  Zuny is the one in the neck brace.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

More updates.  This'll probably be the last "important" one until there's info on Rise or the car.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

This is killing me. Every few hours I check again to see if there's any good change in Rise but the fact that she's still in a coma is a terrible thing... I really do have an awful feeling that if she survives and wakes up, she'll still be badly brain damaged...
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I've been watching for updates since it happened, but it's all just so damn sad. I guess they decided not to tell Sojung about EunB before her surgery, but they let her have her smartphone???? So obviously she found out. That was pretty poorly planned. I'm really Rise survives and can have some semblance of a normal life, and I hope all the members can find peace.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I don't think she had her smartphone until after her surgery, but she saw all the family members and staff in black/mourning clothes.  I don't know if Ashley and Zuny visited her room, but if so she could have narrowed it down to Eunbi and Rise.  Here's another article about her knowing.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There were photos of Sojung at the wake. She had her neck brace on.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

That wasn't Sojung. Only Ashley and Zuny were there
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Who was that in the brace? Just some random person?
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I believe it was Zuny in the neck brace. They're both back in the hospital now
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Rise passed away. I think it was probably for the best. :/