Jessica kicked out of SNSD

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Ap2000
つんく♂

Jessica kicked out of SNSD

Post by Ap2000 »

Apparently Jessica's weibo account got hacked and some person wrote a message that she got fired from SM.

"I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out."
http://www.weibo.com/syjessica
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Jessica kicked out of SNSD

Post by Anderei »

They goofed by making it sound way too eloquent. That doesn't sound like her at all.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

It is 15-20 times longer than her average Weibo post, but the more time passes without an official statement, the more suspicious things look.

The increased traffic has kneecapped the onehallyu forums and I can't access the akp forums either.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="moralar"]
It is 15-20 times longer than her average Weibo post, but the more time passes without an official statement, the more suspicious things look. The increased traffic has kneecapped the onehallyu forums and I can't access the akp forums either.
[/quote]

Well, how are you going to counter such a statement in a few hours?
I am no particular fan of Jessica, but I guess the people at SM started to think of the best way to deny it as soon as they heard of it.
You know what was going to be written here... "unless it is true".

But I do have to admit, I find it interesting how the people are reacting to it.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

Jessica is officially out of the group.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://news.nate.com/view/20140930n2124 ... 0n21241</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?ai ... 2843010</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mod ... 0390308</a>

After all their pretty words in 2010 about wanting to decline gracefully, this year has been rather ugly.

EDIT: akp is being hammered right now but apparently this is the link:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/ ... eration</a>
Last edited by moralar on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Copypaste so you don't have to visit the allkpop shit website:

"After hours of silence, <b>SM Entertainment</b> has finally sent out their official position or statement regarding the whole situation with Jessica and Girls' Generation, revealing that Girls' Generation will be active as 8 members as Jessica has chosen to halt her team activities.
<p style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;">SEE ALSO: Girls' Generation say they are 'Divine' in story version PV for new Japanese track
<div> </div>
<div>The statement reads,</div>
<i>"Hello. This is SM Entertainment.</i>
<i>We are offering our position on the words on Jessica's Weibo posted today.</i>
<i>This coming spring, due to her personal situation, she has notified us she will halt her team promotions with the release of one [more] album.</i>
<i>Despite Jessica's sudden notice, the agency and the Girls' Generation members tried our best and tried to figure out a way that Girls' Generation's activities can continue in the best possible direction.</i>
<i>However, in the midst of insufficient clear negotiations regarding conflicts of differences in priorities and interest, Jessica started her fashion business. Due to this, despite ongoing talks, it has come to a point where the team could not be maintained.</i>
<i>Thus, the agency had no choice but to pull up Girls' Generation's activities as 8 members earlier than planned, and in the midst of while working out when to announce this, Jessica had posted her words early this morning.</i>
<i>From here on, our agency will continue to support and manage the 8-member Girls' Generation and Jessica's individual activities."</i>

This sounds as if SM is massively butthurt about this thing and pulls off another "oh Jessica is the jerk, but we here all try to make the best of it ;_;" bullshit.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

FUCKING
KIDDING ME
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

What confuses me the most is this happens so soon after renewing her contract. Surely this isn't an issue that just suddenly came up, so I'm wondering why she didn't end it then.

lol they sure didn't take long to get to the wikipedia though:
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

^ That is was I was thinking minutes ago
Jessica said she was kicked out but SM say she left by her own decision, I'm curious to see what is the truth behind this.

At least there are no rumors about her being 'possessed by the Devil', like when Ahreum left T-ara hahaha

Edit: that picture is so sad :(((
Last edited by Derby on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ahreum's put some crazy stuff up on social media since her departure. I don't know what happened to her.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Pretty sure SM is just being the butthurt douchebags that they always are with this.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

I don't take either Jessica's or SM's statements at face value, but the fact that Jessica calls out the other 8 members suggests that it's not merely an issue between her and management. I can't wait for the dueling tell-all books in 3 years when all the contracts expire.

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't mind if SNSD halted activities altogether sometime soon. They all probably have enough money now to see them through to the next phase of their lives. For those of them who actually plan to have a future career, the perfunctory and increasingly lackluster group promotions -- on an almost uninterrupted downward slide since 2009 or 2010 -- are an significant timesink and a tight leash on personal freedom, while not contributing anything more to their professional development at this point. And most of them seem already to be over the whole idol thing completely, particularly Jessica and Yuri. They've all given 11-15 of the best years of their lives (counting training years) under incredibly demanding conditions and intense scrutiny, and while I still feel that there was a lot of squandered potential, I can't realistically ask for more success than they achieved. I never bought into the cult of "9", but I do hope that SNSD as 8 can reach a fitting end before their legacy is too much further tarnished.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Looks like the girl groups "5th year curse" came a little late for SoShi...
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

This sounds like Jessica wanted to do what Jessica wanted to do, but SM was intent to cockblock her every effort in the name of what SM wanted. I believe SM wholeheartedly expected Jessica to bend to what they wanted, but she instead went behind their backs and did what she wanted anyway.

For that, I say go girl, and I hope her business takes off. I agree that GG has reached a wonderful pinnacle of success in their time and moving on to bigger and better things is well within the power of every one of them. I'm surprised SM is still trying to control anyone after being around that long and making them that much money, but I guess some companies just can't do any better than that.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

My friends are saying that Jessica released a statement and she's still pinning the blame on the other members. I haven't seen it myself.
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

Here is your <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/ ... rs">AKP</a> link.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Following Tyler Kwon's words about the 'truth about what really happened' becoming known, Jessica has now broken her silence to offer her side of the story in detail with an official statement.

Released through her fashion company 'BLANC', the notice is as follows:

"Hello. This is Jessica.

I was given a notice of departure from Girls' Generation by the agency on September 29, and I cannot hide my shocked and upset heart about this, so I'm here to reveal my position.

I have always put Girls' Generation's activities before my business or personal life as a member of Girls' Generation. However, despite my efforts for the team, I have been asked to leave the team by the agency.

While I was planning my business that I've had a lot of interest in since before, I had sufficiently consulted SM as well as the members about my preparation many times and asked for their understanding.

Up until the beginning of August when I was launching 'BLANC', I had received agreement and permission from SM, and congratulations from the members as well.

However, in early September, after only a month since the launching, the members suddenly changed their position and held a meeting, and told me to either quit my business or leave Girls' Generation without any justifiable reason.

I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls' Generation's activities, and that I could not suddenly halt my business due to my contract with my business partner after a month.

Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unjust for me to have to make a choice. Becoming a Girls' Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I had never thought about quitting.

Shocked about this, I had met with the agency CEO on September 16 to convey my position, and once again confirmed their permission for carrying out my business.

However, on September 29, I was given a one-sided notice asking me to leave Girls' Generation. Due to this, I was also unable to attend the fan meeting in China on September 30, and I have also been excluded from following Girls' Generation activities.

I have received great pain and cannot hide my sadness that I was asked by the agency and fellow members, whom I've spent 15 years with putting in all my passion and effort, to leave Girls' Generation just because of the reason that I'm starting a business.

I also want to apologize for causing concern to all the fans. Please understand that this situation is not at all what I had wanted, and that I've always treasured Girls' Generation, and that I will continue to do so. Thank you for always supporting and loving me.

Sincerely,

Jessica</blockquote>
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

God this is so weird, why would they ask her to leave?
And with SM's fame of being possesive with their Idols I don't know how they didn't told the other members 'hey we don't give a damn if you guys don't like her new business, she will stay and still giving us money, thx xoxo'

And also if the girls did congratulate her too, why did they change their minds?
I think management and Jessica's family would be even more interested in Jessica quitting instead of her fellow members...
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

:(
That sums up my emotions.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I have a feeling this is once again SM being disgusting fuckfaces and just abusing their power.

http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/98789700888/netizens-point-out-girls-generation-wearing-jessicas

I wonder what kind of repercussions this is going to have.
ice
Kenshuusei

Post by ice »

SNSD without Jessica! Oh no.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I have a feeling this is once again SM being disgusting fuckfaces and just abusing their power.

http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/98789700888/netizens-point-out-girls-generation-wearing-jessicas

[/quote]

Probably not much. My friend in Korea says that most people are not siding with Jessica.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Jessica should have asked for permission in writing from SM to run her company, then she would have been protected from this situation from the get go.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="180192" data-time="1412163937">
<div>

[/quote]

Probably not much. My friend in Korea says that most people are not siding with Jessica.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, my Korean friend is suspicious of Jessica's statement too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Wasn't Jessica always disliked because she's American?  Edit: Wait I'm confused.  Was the American one Tiffany?

Anyway, my point is, I'm sad when pretty girls leave the spotlight. 
Last edited by eri on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="eri"]
Wasn't Jessica always disliked because she's American?  Edit: Wait I'm confused.  Was the American one Tiffany?
[/quote]

Both of them are American.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Both are american but, if I'm not wrong, Tiffany was the one who received most hate because of her behavior back in the day. I'm not aware of Jessica being hated for her nationality.
Jessica moved to Korea when she was 10-11, growing up at such age on a different country made her more familiar with the Korean culture. It's not like a 15-16 years old Tiffany who debuted 2 years after and probably didn't know all the Korean rules, policy, traditions, etc.

But still, Jessica probably was a bit hated because of that even though she could be considered half-Korean
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Jessica has always been one of the more popular members. Tiffany too, despite her early stuff.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Ohh okay.  I knew one of them was not liked because she had bad (aka American) manners but that was Tiffany then.

Boo. I haven't been really following SNSD lately but they were my first big love of the Kpop resurgence. SO PRETTYYYY. PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY. Sigh. 
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="eri"]
Ohh okay.  I knew one of them was not liked because she had bad (aka American) manners but that was Tiffany then.

Boo. I haven't been really following SNSD lately but they were my first big love of the Kpop resurgence. SO PRETTYYYY. PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY. Sigh. 
[/quote]

I still remember how you couldn't figure out half of them. haha :P
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="eri"]

[/quote]

I don't know if that's it, because most of the people who REALLY hated Tiffany for being rude thought a lot of the native Korean members were rude too. The biggest thing I can remember that she got hate for was when someone was discussing a big earthquake that had just happened and she started laughing (and the reason she laughed was really dumb and not because she thought it was actually funny that there was an earthquake). Generally speaking, I don't recall Tiffany ever being super hated by actual native Koreans.