[2014.11.19] C-ute - I miss you / THE FUTURE

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Re: [2014.11.19] C-ute - I miss you / THE FUTURE

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Link to the video.  That was an amazing idea and it was pulled off very well.  I just want to watch it over and over so I can pay attention to a different part each time.
<div> </div>
<div>Edit: Since this is a new page, the video is I miss you's PV on Hello!Station.</div>
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The video was simple and used the different panels, but they did a way better job with it than with the standard UFP type covers. 
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I hated the radio rip at first, of I miss you, but watching the MV, I actually am quite liking it! I think it's pretty and simple.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yessssss just as amazing as I thought; no, even better :)

And I am very happy I got a majority of lyrics/translation correct :')
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="181307" data-time="1414600609">Link to the video.  That was an amazing idea and it was pulled off very well.  I just want to watch it over and over so I can pay attention to a different part each time.</blockquote>
I knew I saw a sequence shot in this same exact style some time ago but just couldn't put my finger on it. It took me going back through all movies I watched earlier this year to finally dig it up. :hahaha:

But I found it - ta dah, The Green Hornet.

Absolutely not putting down the PV here, I couldn't be more happy that not only they went creative but also managed to pull it off well (though all "boxes" in the movie were legit single takes). And I like the song a lot. But now I can't rest until I find out who did it first. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I am so happy I'm getting this single now, you don't know how worried I was. As much as I love C-ute, their songs have really been hit or miss with me. I either love it, or I don't. No happy middle for me. 

So when the opportunity came that they were having a cheki on a day I was in Japan. I jumped at it and prayed to all that was holy that the single wasn't going to suck. Box sets are expensive! But I mean, come on. Cheki with the group? Hell yes! (LIfe is One Time!

I love that C-ute is getting to work outside the box of conventional music videos. At least one of the groups in H!P is. I guess that's the beauty of having a smaller group? I hope (if they manage to avoid the graduation/audition devil) Juice=Juice will also get to experience this type of production. After Berryz leave I see Juice=Juice and C-ute being on one side of the H!P Spectrum and Morning Musume and Smileage being on the other. 

I also like The Future but I have a feeling that's going to end up being the standard dance shot/close up.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I actually really like the PV minus the blue borders. Its an interesting concept and I love continuous-shot music videos. At least management is TRYING on recent PVs.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

This is one of my favourite H!P songs this year. It just sounds really nice to me and I love the MV. However it got really confusing with the subtitles.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I agree. Trying to follow three continuously moving and flowing sets of subtitles got distracting for me a bit, and somewhat detracted from my overall love of it, but in the end, the MV was done extremely well, I think!

I love how they split up the song, lines-wise, too. Maimi sounds really decent and quite non-nasally for her usual self, which pleasantly surprised me. I always thought she would have a pretty voice if she only didn't sound like a nose whenever she talks or sings.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The subtitles were annoying, but the song was really nice, and I like the PV concept!

There were a couple moments that were awkward (like that terrible angle of Airi towards the end) or moments I noticed a member was late, but it was kind of fun to spot them out.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Full MV is up.

I watched it and I'm a bit desappointed with the end.. It's too short for me, it lacks something a bit different from the rest of the song at the end..
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The subtitles were obnoxious. I thought they were bad enough at the bottom, but all over the screen is worse. There was a lot of harmonizing and that was impressive.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

THE FUTURE PV preview is the first part of this week's H!S.... C-ute is killin it, man! They're making me forget a bit about MM O_O 
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Cute is (imo) the most polished and well produced group in all of H!P.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Full PV of The Future.... this single really hit it for me.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

New profiles are up.

Spoiler: [+]
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="181660" data-time="1415713856">
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
</blockquote>
It's like when Kids were split into two groups it was C-ute that got all the pretty ones. :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

The sparkling scene near the end of The Future looks really cheap to me. They could have handled the climax better.
Maimi looks stunning in The Future. She always looks good with that kind of make-up.
Berryz has some pretty girls but they are all over the place. Their faces, heights and personalities are too different they don't seem like a group. Especially, Momochi ruined it.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Momochi ruins everything, but it wouldn't be Berryz without her. I like the diversity of faces and personalities in Berryz, its what makes me like them because there is someone for everyone. I don't really see that with C-ute, but that may be partly due to the fact that I dont follow them. I guess with Berryz gone soon I will have to pay attention to C-ute. Their music has only recently become interesting for me and it does annoy me a bit that their music videos seem to get much more work than any other group's. I don't know; C-ute has been hit and miss for me but recently they've been on a role. I quite like both of these songs and the PVs are wonderful. Time will tell if I grow to like them or not.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Star"]
 it does annoy me a bit that their music videos seem to get much more work than any other group's.
[/quote]

Maybe it's just that the person who manages them has more creative ideas than those who manage other groups? I don't think C-ute budget is that much higher than other group. But their MVs are always more creative no matter how cheap the MV is. And also, the girls are an important factor in those MVs, with their overwhelming power and passion.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

C-ute's videos are obviously just as cheap as everyone else's just with slightly better execution. I wouldn't call them high quality at all.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

The word cheap gets thrown around a lot here when it comes to the videos but common.  None of this is "cheap".  If it was any one of us could do it.  Buildings, cameras, and man power are not cheap!  Compared to other idols yea they may be cheaper but they are not cheap!  

(Said cheap to much inside my head now it sounds weird)

Made by Haru!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="181668" data-time="1415724852">Berryz has some pretty girls but they are all over the place. Their faces, heights and personalities are too different they don't seem like a group.</blockquote>
True, but what did strike me is how in those profile photos C-ute almost enter the K-pop beauty robot territory.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mugi" data-cid="181693" data-time="1415772314">The word cheap gets thrown around a lot here when it comes to the videos but common.  None of this is "cheap".  If it was any one of us could do it.  Buildings, cameras, and man power are not cheap!  Compared to other idols yea they may be cheaper but they are not cheap!</blockquote>
Your point being? :lol: They are cheap as far as music video productions go. The fact that it costs more than pocket money does not make it an any less cheap music video. Compare apples with apples.
Last edited by aine on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I think part of it may be that "cheap" tends to have the connotation of "shoddy".  I also don't have the faintest ability to gauge the production value of MVs, so I tend to interpret comments about C-ute having "cheap MVs" as "C-ute's MVs are shoddy/poorly made" rather than "C-ute's MVs are less expensive than those of American and/or Korean popstars/groups" because the production value never even crosses my mind.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="181668" data-time="1415724852">
Berryz has some pretty girls but they are all over the place. Their faces, heights and personalities are too different they don't seem like a group.
</blockquote>

True, but what did strike me is how in those profile photos C-ute almost enter the K-pop beauty robot territory.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mugi" data-cid="181693" data-time="1415772314">
The word cheap gets thrown around a lot here when it comes to the videos but common.  None of this is "cheap".  If it was any one of us could do it.  Buildings, cameras, and man power are not cheap!  Compared to other idols yea they may be cheaper but they are not cheap!
</blockquote>

Your point being? :lol: They are cheap as far as music video productions go. The fact that it costs more than pocket money does not make it an any less cheap music video. Compare apples with apples.

[/quote]

I just think you guys are too harsh some times but w/e. 

Made by Haru!
shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

I've enjoyed C-ute's MVs in the past, but they seem to be on a roll with these singles :) 
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="181660" data-time="1415713856">
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
</blockquote>

It's like when Kids were split into two groups it was C-ute that got all the pretty ones. :lol:[/quote]
Berryz are gorgeous they just have terrible stylists :lol:

Edit: I must say Mai is growing up to be a very beautiful sexy lady :heart:

[quote="smtmissin"]
The sparkling scene near the end of The Future looks really cheap to me. They could have handled the climax better.
[/quote]
Unless it's one of those MVs that a group of friends got together to film for a laugh no MV is cheap. Granted they don't have the same budget as some Korean music companies would have but still they're not cheap.
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I never said they were cheap, I said they get more time spent on them. As in their management is better and spends more time and effort putting things together.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Debuted at #4

1 Sexy Zone - 298,744

2 Exile Tribe - 82,156

3 Mr. Children - 49,940

4 C-ute
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Down to 11 today. I think 3 sold like 8k.