Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: [2015.02.04] ANGERME - Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushuu

Post by Shoujo Q »

PV for Otome no Gyakushu is up.

As well as the dance PV for Taiki Bansei. Here

I love both songs but I'm having a hard time picking a clear favorite. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Otome no gyakushu (can't spell the last part) MV is out. I liked it, but Anahi's ballet solo was a little disappointing. It was kinda hard to see behind the other girls.
Formerly Mizura
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

3rd gen is so charismatic. I'm loving them! On the other hand, 2nd gen is not even trying. Meimi's voice is amazing though.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The only 2nd gen member who doesn't try is Rina. Everyone else was fine.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Rina is "conserving her energy".
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://wotaintranslation.com/2014/12/16 ... l-jerk/</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="183484" data-time="1422288700">
Otome no gyakushu (can't spell the last part) MV is out. I liked it, but Anahi's ballet solo was a little disappointing. It was kinda hard to see behind the other girls.</blockquote>
I believe the name you are looking foe is Maho? Unless she has some nickname that I am unaware of.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm thinking she might've meant Aiai, Maho's nickname, and due to possibly posting on a phone, the nefarious boogeyman known as autocorrect struck. Or that she went for Maho and it /really/ screwed up.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I love Otome so bad.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If anyone is interested, here's Takui's version of Taiki Bansei.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="183140" data-time="1421131460">
<div>
Interesting that they put the English titles on a number of the covers.... H!P really is shifting towards a more international fanbase, no? They all look great (the girls), while dat photoshop game still weak. Shoutout to Lt. A for putting the girls with their new colors... Helps me remember/adjust. Meimei feels out of place to me.
</div>
</blockquote>

I think the English titles just fit the retro early/mid 1960s vibe of the packaging. Not because they are in English, but these titles in particular -- "A Late Bloomer" and "A Girl's Counterattack" -- just feel of the era, and really work with the designs. I wish I could explain it better. I bet Madara knows what I'm saying.  :rofl:

I really like both of these songs. Did they get Danny Elfman to ghost write "Counterattack"?
Last edited by JPope on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
If anyone is interested, here's Takui's version of Taiki Bansei.
[/quote]

Thaaaaank yoooooooooou <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Scrolled through and didn't see this. If you've been watch MUSIC+ (You know, that other UF show besides Hello!Station) they've been showing the creation of Taiki Bansei from the start. 

Part 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

It's really interesting stuff and I hope they continue to do it for other H!P songs in the future. 

#4 is really the most interesting because you get to see the vocal mixing process.
[/quote]

This is so fucking cool. 

I love watching stuff like this, hearing parts recorded that get edited out, and seeing the recording tricks used to layer the final sound. I never noticed the whispered vocal track, but it's such a great trick. The guitarist using the talk box! (And a 12-string strung as a 6-string, presumably because he prefers a super-wide fret board? Who knows? It's cool to see, though!) I wish there was studio footage of every MM song available, although I'd never get anything done or ever sleep.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Star"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="183484" data-time="1422288700">
Otome no gyakushu (can't spell the last part) MV is out. I liked it, but Anahi's ballet solo was a little disappointing. It was kinda hard to see behind the other girls.
</blockquote>
I believe the name you are looking foe is Maho? Unless she has some nickname that I am unaware of.

[/quote]

I meant to type Aikawa, but my phone autocorrected and I didn't see it.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="183525" data-time="1422393294"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="183404" data-time="1422062613">Scrolled through and didn't see this. If you've been watch MUSIC+ (You know, that other UF show besides Hello!Station) they've been showing the creation of Taiki Bansei from the start. 

Part 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

It's really interesting stuff and I hope they continue to do it for other H!P songs in the future. 

#4 is really the most interesting because you get to see the vocal mixing process.</blockquote> 
This is so fucking cool. 

I love watching stuff like this, hearing parts recorded that get edited out, and seeing the recording tricks used to layer the final sound. I never noticed the whispered vocal track, but it's such a great trick. The guitarist using the talk box! (And a 12-string strung as a 6-string, presumably because he prefers a super-wide fret board? Who knows? It's cool to see, though!) I wish there was studio footage of every MM song available, although I'd never get anything done or ever sleep.</blockquote>
This, this so much. I skipped the post at first assuming it was just another "girls acting silly on camera" thing, but this is really the coolest thing I've watched from UF. Sorry for doubting your recommendation, Q!

You know, this is exactly the kind of stuff I always expected from a proper "Making Of ..." material. I remember spending a few days downloading my first Morning Musume "Making Of" video back in 56k days and being quite disappointed with it. Which of course didn't stop me from downloading them for each new song and being disappointed again and again. Until today.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This week on Music+, Otome no Gyakushuu. We also get an interview with the guys that made the song. 

Don't doubt my posts. I only bring in the stuff worth talking about. ;D
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wish I knew what they were talking about, lol! Strange to see a guy smoking in a control room in this day and age. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Smoking inside is still very much a thing in Japan. Though they have designated smoking areas outside. I suspect you wont see salary workers smoking at their desk, but during their breaks, yeah. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah when you go into restaurants sometimes they're separated into smoking and non-smoking sections because they allow people to smoke inside.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I remember that here in the states when I was a little kid. We never went out to eat much because the smoke never stayed in its designated area. However, its illegal to smoke in public buildings in my state and has been for quite awhile.

I keep forgetting that not all places are like that though so this shocked me a little to hear about a person smoking inside.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Looks like it's going to be $9.99 on iTunes. Taiki Bansei is currently missing from the European store.

Edit: It's also missing from the US store.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

BUT IT WAS THERE YESTERDAY WHEN IT WAS AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER.  I am so angry.  SO ANGERME.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, the Uk store had it for preorder too. And even weirder, you can buy Taiki Bansei the MV but not the song. I hope they refunded anyone who paid the 9.99 preorder.

Anyway, debuted at #2 with 26,931.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

This is Tsunku's way of telling you to stop supporting digital distribution by paying for non-existent goods and to buy the real thing instead. :pirate:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You can buy the other song though! Just not the main one they've done all the promotion for.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Up Front Link confirmed Taiki Bansei won't be available overseas.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Yeah I ran into that today. You can buy the PV, but not the song. Pain in the ass.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
Up Front Link confirmed Taiki Bansei won't be available overseas.
[/quote]

Why would they ever do that? Sure, it will spur a few people to buy the physical copy, but will it be so many as to make up for the lost digital sales? I just don't see that being possible. It seems to me that most people will simply opt for downloading from a tracker.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The other song is available so it must be some weird reason rather than an attempt to get you to buy physical.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Not available overseas... Lol say bye to a decent amount of sales. I swear, man....
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, I don't get it. That's voluntarily pissing away a lot of money.