Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by WonderBuono »

... that line was about Rio the city though? So what the heck did they change it to?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

3年後はTOKYO

3 years till Tokyo?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="209706" data-time="1503437365">
3年後はTOKYO

3 years till Tokyo?</blockquote>
Honestly I kinda like that ????

Then they can perform it fas a countdown every year till the Tokyo one too hahaha
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="209711" data-time="1503442201"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="209706" data-time="1503437365">
年後は

3 years till Tokyo?</blockquote>Honestly I kinda like that

Then they can perform it fas a countdown every year till the Tokyo one too hahaha</blockquote>
Nice, with the Olympics coming, it's a cute detail.
Last edited by AquaChan on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="209711" data-time="1503442201"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="209706" data-time="1503437365">
3年後はTOKYO

3 years till Tokyo?</blockquote>Honestly I kinda like that ????

Then they can perform it fas a countdown every year till the Tokyo one too hahaha</blockquote>
Then Paris ????.
Campy <3 !
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

at least Paris still has the right number of syllables.  And L.A. too!  Or the games might be retired by then, given the high cost of construction and upkeep.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="kitaoji"]
at least Paris still has the right number of syllables.  And L.A. too!  Or the games might be retired by then, given the high cost of construction and upkeep.
[/quote]

Tokyo's only two syllables too though? Hahaha
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Tokyo - two syllables, four mora!   It's better than St. Louis or Garmisch-Partenkirchen anyway.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kobushi and Angerme both performed at SkyPerfect's TV Summer Fest at Budokan back in July.

Kobushi's performance
1. Nen ni wa nen (nen iri) 
2. Ee ja nai ka Ninja nai ka
3. Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa

Angerme's performance
1. Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku (8-nin) (not shown in the broadcast, at least not in this clip)
2. Majokko Megu-chan
3. Dondengaeshi
4. Taiki Bansei

Upcoming also posted Angerme's performance of Nanakorobi Yaoki from Otodama. The line distribution for this has been totally re-worked. Ayano sings Maho's line if anyone wants to hear her voice in a real video (spoiler alert: it's not great). Musubu sings too but she didn't get any long lines.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
Kobushi and Angerme both performed at SkyPerfect's TV Summer Fest at Budokan back in July.

Kobushi's performance
1. Nen ni wa nen (nen iri) 
2. Ee ja nai ka Ninja nai ka
3. Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa

Angerme's performance
1. Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku (8-nin) (not shown in the broadcast, at least not in this clip)
2. Majokko Megu-chan
3. Dondengaeshi
4. Taiki Bansei

Upcoming also posted Angerme's performance of Nanakorobi Yaoki from Otodama. The line distribution for this has been totally re-worked. Ayano sings Maho's line if anyone wants to hear her voice in a real video (spoiler alert: it's not great). Musubu sings too but she didn't get any long lines.
[/quote]

I watched the Angerme clip with the three songs. Who are the hosts in it? I've never seen them before. The female host looked like a younger version of actress Isabella Rossellini. She speaks Japanese well, though, but doesn't look it. Any info on her?

I was disappointed in the Angerme performance. It was the first performance clip of theirs I've seen with the new girls, Musubu and Ayano. Musubu runs the risk of getting lost in that lineup, especially when placed alongside such dynamic performers as Take-chan, Murota and Sasaki. Ayano didn't register with me at all. I still say Musubu should have been put into a "W"-style duo with Nanami.

As for Momona, it may be the first time I've heard her sing. She has some solo lines in the first song and she sounds just terrible. What is she doing there? She makes Sayumi and Koharu sound like [fill in your favorite singers].
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The woman is Becky. She's half Japanese and used to be an Oha Girl (like Eripon and Ogawa Saki, Koharu was also on the show but not ask an Oha Girl). She's done some music too. She had a pretty big scandal a couple years back when she got caught having an affair with a married man but it seems like her career is slowly recovering from it somewhat. She was pretty popular before that happened, though. She mostly does MC work.

That shouldn't have been the first time you've heard Momona sing because she sang in her debut single, and she's had a few others here and there. I definitely don't agree that she makes Sayumi and Koharu sound great, although her, Rina, Rikako and Ayano are definitely the standouts in this group when it comes to weak vocals. They don't hold their own against the other girls.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The July ANGERME performance is pretty rough for most of the girls until "Taiki Bansei", which is really good. The "Nana Korobi Ya Oki" performance seems pretty strong to me. I don't think the n00bs sound bad, tbh. They don't have the strength or polish of the other girls, but that'll probably come with time. It should also be noted that "weak" is a relative term when talking about ANGERME, as even their "weaker" singers are at least decent for the most part. There are no Ogatas or Koharus in this group.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think Ayano might be a weak vocal addition because she's the worst singer in the group now, imo, but apparently she's got a lot of charisma so... who knows.
But Rikako, for example, can hold a tune at least. She's got a weak husky voice but she's never terribly off. Momona, eh. She's shaky. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'd say with Rikako it's more a case of her not having much stamina than being weak overall, and I think the producers understand this and feature her just enough that she never sounds bad. She's not gonna wow anyone, but she's not gonna embarrass herself or the group, either. I'd say she's a tick above average for an idol singer. Momona is definitely below average, but I wouldn't say she's Sayu-Koha-Ogata level bad. As for the n00bs, I'll give them some time to grow with a full work-load before passing judgement on them. I do worry a little that, having added three questionable singers to the group in a row, the talent level might become a legitimate concern in the near future. H!P already has one talent-thin mega-group; they don't need two.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Three questionable singers? I wouldn't but Funaki as a questionable singer, she's pretty decent... And she'll only get better with time and a more demanding vocal group. Ayano is classical S/mileage in tone, like one step below how Ayacho was in '10. She has a very, very idol-like voice with its high pitch. But that's not really H!P's forte (which is fine lolol).

But how often can you find a girl who looks like this during performance pics of an intricate dance? If she can control her shakiness vocally I think she'll at least be stable.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm pretty sure Funaki isn't one of the three he means.

Also those photos are a mess, that outfit is laughable.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="209778" data-time="1503882172">I'd say with Rikako it's more a case of her not having much stamina than being weak overall, and I think the producers understand this and feature her just enough that she never sounds bad. She's not gonna wow anyone, but she's not gonna embarrass herself or the group, either. I'd say she's a tick above average for an idol singer. Momona is definitely below average, but I wouldn't say she's Sayu-Koha-Ogata level bad. As for the n00bs, I'll give them some time to grow with a full work-load before passing judgement on them. I do worry a little that, having added three questionable singers to the group in a row, the talent level might become a legitimate concern in the near future. H!P already has one talent-thin mega-group; they don't need two.</blockquote>
Don't forget Momona is still very young compared to the others girls, she has plenty of time to improve!
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Indeed. I honestly don't worry about Momona at all. She might not become the next vocal powerhouse but considering she's getting enough chances to actually try I think she'll be finde in the future.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="AquaChan"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="209778" data-time="1503882172">
I'd say with Rikako it's more a case of her not having much stamina than being weak overall, and I think the producers understand this and feature her just enough that she never sounds bad. She's not gonna wow anyone, but she's not gonna embarrass herself or the group, either. I'd say she's a tick above average for an idol singer. Momona is definitely below average, but I wouldn't say she's Sayu-Koha-Ogata level bad. As for the n00bs, I'll give them some time to grow with a full work-load before passing judgement on them. I do worry a little that, having added three questionable singers to the group in a row, the talent level might become a legitimate concern in the near future. H!P already has one talent-thin mega-group; they don't need two.
</blockquote>

Don't forget Momona is still very young compared to the others girls, she has plenty of time to improve!

[/quote]

That's true. I had forgotten how young she still is.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Questions:

Do we know anything about Reina Ichioka's promised group yet? Do we know who's going to be in it?

On Generasia's home page for Hello! Project, under TBA, it lists three members: Ichioka Reina, Takase Kurumi, Kiyono Momohime.  

Does that mean Takase and Kiyono will be in this group?

Thanks.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There is zero confirmation that Takase and Kiyono are apart of the group. Nothing about the lineup has been announced.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I did a blog post celebrating my 12th anniversary as a fan today. When I watched that first H!P concert on August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina was battering New Orleans. Here we are, 12 years later, and Hurricane Harvey is flooding Houston and surrounding environs.

I call it "12 Years of H!P Fandom: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times":

https://madarasjpopblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/12-years-of-hp-fandom-the-best-of-times-the-worst-of-times/#more-135

Karin seems to have some idea of what's in store.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's probably just upset about how bad those outfits are.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think they're cute.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
I think they're cute.
[/quote]

I agree, they're perfectly fine... especially for stage outfits.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Two weeks ago, 2nd gen celebrated their 6th anniversary together:

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Madara, you need to update your BBS signature with the link to your new blog!
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Oomori Seiko (she's written and composed a few songs for H!P and UF artists) recently released a MV for IDOL SONG, from her 3rd album, kitixxxgaia. It's come to light that the lyrics from the song are full of catchphrases from past and present idol's. There's a few H!P members featured throughout the song including, Sayumi, Tanaka Reina, Momoko, and Ikuta Erina.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tokyo Girls Update has a full list of the catchphrases used, but I just pulled out the H!P relevant ones.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>“Usa-chan to peace” – Sayumi Michisige (ex-Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>うさちゃんとピース 道重さゆみ(元モーニング娘。)</div>
<div>“Hagegimi no minasaan?” – Sayumi Michishige (ex-Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>ハゲ気味のみなさーん? 道重さゆみ(元モーニング娘。)</div>
<div>“Yoshi, kyou mo kawaii” – Sayumi Michishige (ex-Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>よし、今日もかわいい 道重さゆみ(元モーニング娘。)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>“Anata no kokoro ni hole in one” – Erina Ikuta (Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>あなたの心にホールインワン 生田衣梨奈(モーニング娘。)</div>
<div>“Chichin puipui mahou ni Kakare! Ah! Kakacchatta!” by Erina Ikuta (Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>ちちんぷいぷい魔法にかーかれあっかかっちゃったー 生田衣梨奈(モーニング娘。)</div>
<div>“Ganbatte ikuta” – Erina Ikuta (Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>がんばって生田 生田衣梨奈(モーニング娘。)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>“Koyu beam” – Momoko Tsugunaga (ex-Berryz Kobo, ex-Country Girls)</div>
<div>こゆビーム 嗣永桃子(元カントリー・ガールズ)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>“Toilet nante ittakoto naiyo pink no marshmallow ga demasu” – Reina Tanaka (LoVendoЯ, ex-Morning Musume.)</div>
<div>トイレなんて行ったことないよ ピンクのマシュマロがでまーす 田中れいな(元モーニング娘。)</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Valerie"]
Madara, you need to update your BBS signature with the link to your new blog!
[/quote]

Thanks, Valerie. I just changed it.