Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]
MM is not popular enough to pull off the Sakura/Otome-Gumi concept now. They were selling out arena tours back then, and added those smaller venue, split-group gigs as a way to offer fans a more intimate experience. They're doing small-houses now because that's all they can fill. I can't see them releasing separate singles of new material, and without new material, what's the point of splitting up the groups? 

Just get the group down to around ten girls and get on with it. 
[/quote]

MM can absolutely sell out hall tours still, they're the only group that's guaranteed to do one every fall and spring. They're not doing small 3/400 capacity venues because they can't do anything bigger. 
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Today is Angerme's 3ki 3rd year anniversary :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://natalie.mu/music/news/251721' class="bbc_url" title="External link">岡田愛、宮田くるみ、船木結ら新おはガール就任!「おはスタ」テーマ曲はつんく♂が担当</a>

Okada Megumi (Sakura Gakuin), Funaki Musubu (Country Girls/ANGERME) and Miyata Kurumi (Ciao Smiles (sort of SaGaku sister group)) are new Oha! Star girls. Also show is getting a new theme by Tsunku.
Last edited by aine on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Juice=Juice get a second round of their world tour, focusing on South America this time.

Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~World Tour〜

2017.12.12 Lima

2017.12.14 Santiago de Chile

2017.12.15 São Paulo

2017.12.17 Fortaleza

Announced at J=J day today.

https://twitter.com/tozamasan/status/917718357993852928
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Figures its South America. They'll go see anybody.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Mad they aren't coming to the US :/ Specifically LA. The last time anyone came to LA was 2009.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

J=J did a France version of Ça va? Ça va? during their trip to Paris.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m annoyed they aren’t coming to the US, especially since I actually like J=J again although even if they did come to the US, unless they came pretty close to where I live, there’s still no way I could see them.

Part of me wonders if the political climate here has something to do with it since a lot of idol groups that have performed abroad recently have all been choosing Canada or Mexico. It’s still cool that South America is getting tour dates though.
Formerly Mizura
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="210612" data-time="1507649025">
Part of me wonders if the political climate here has something to do with it since a lot of idol groups that have performed abroad recently have all been choosing Canada or Mexico. It’s still cool that South America is getting tour dates though.
</blockquote>

Still waiting for the first H!P group to come to Canada  =3=
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Mizura"]
I’m annoyed they aren’t coming to the US, especially since I actually like J=J again although even if they did come to the US, unless they came pretty close to where I live, there’s still no way I could see them.

[/quote]

The kpop groups haven't stayed away so I'm guessing it's just trendy to go to Mexico at the moment. And like I said before, Brazilian fans especially will go see anyone. They go hard. I've seen small name kpop groups go to Chile and Peru as well.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

This is how the previous dates were given out, three or four at a time and slowly. They stated there were plans to go to America so I don't doubt they will. If anything, it proves that if they're visiting two cities in Brazil given it's size, America surely will have minimum two dates.

Also this is the first time any H!P group has gone to Brazil, which is shocking given the high population of Japanese people living in the country.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Since Ju=Ju day was supposedly the end of the world tour it's not impossible for them to add more dates for other places after they're done with these 4. 
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

they literally announced jakarta after dortmund so yeah.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="210610" data-time="1507646738">
J=J did a France version of <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqdmz2qDSk8' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Ça va? Ça va?</a> during their trip to Paris.</blockquote>

Fun to see some of my hometown's shots in a H!P MV. I liked it.
Campy <3 !
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Makino Maria's latest gig at Weekly Shonen Champion.
Spoiler: [+]

Don't view at work BTW.

Spoiler: [+]

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

How unique and inspired.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Anderei"]
How unique and inspired.
[/quote]

LOL
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Tsubaki Factory will be appearing on two annual music shows:
Nippon Yusen Taisho (Award)
Airs next Monday, December 4th.
Also, this will be the last Yusen Taisho.

They're also nominated for the Newcomer Award at the 59th Record Awards Show.
Airs on Saturday, December 30th.

(Madara, I'm counting on you to pick up copies of the Record Awards Show at HQ Video!)

Although it's more relavant to the Jpop thread, familiar names like Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46, Nishino Kana, AKB48, AAA, and Sekai no Owari have also been nominated for the Best Work (Overall) Award. Since Amuro Namie's leaving the showbiz next year, there'll most likely be a special tribute if she doesn't attend in person.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="kitaoji"]
Tsubaki Factory will be appearing on two annual music shows:
Nippon Yusen Taisho (Award)
Airs next Monday, December 4th.
Also, this will be the last Yusen Taisho.

They're also nominated for the Newcomer Award at the 59th Record Awards Show.
Airs on Saturday, December 30th.

(Madara, I'm counting on you to pick up copies of the Record Awards Show at HQ Video!)

Although it's more relavant to the Jpop thread, familiar names like Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46, Nishino Kana, AKB48, AAA, and Sekai no Owari have also been nominated for the Best Work (Overall) Award. Since Amuro Namie's leaving the showbiz next year, there'll most likely be a special tribute if she doesn't attend in person.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up. Will they know what I'm asking for or is there a Japanese title for it?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Morning Musume, C-ute, S/mileage and Kobushi Factory have all won the Newcomer Award so I'd be surprised if you didn't already have a copy of a previous one lying around somewhere. S/mileage was the most notable one, since they went up against SNSD that year. Juice=Juice was nominated too but they didn't win.

Also, I know that me and Madara are the only people that are going to buy this, BUT JUST IN CASE: CDJapan is selling Angerme's Otodama concert from this August. Releases on the 20th, the week after the single.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Inaba Manaka will be part of the Winter tour for H!P. It was mentioned she will try to make all performances!!!
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="211860" data-time="1514085063">
Inaba Manaka will be part of the Winter tour for H!P. It was mentioned she will try to make all performances!!!</blockquote>
She's still a Hokkaido KKS? So will she be a background dancer or will she be in actual performances?
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="iDOL1641" data-cid="211861" data-time="1514090184"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="211860" data-time="1514085063">
Inaba Manaka will be part of the Winter tour for H!P. It was mentioned she will try to make all performances!!!</blockquote>She's still a Hokkaido KKS? So will she be a background dancer or will she be in actual performances?</blockquote>
She's part of H!P Hokkaido, but not KKS. She's more the trainer for them I believe. Like Momoko was for CM.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

She's been officially named as the leader of KSS Hokkaido but is a full-time member of Hello! Project. So it's fair to say that she is NOT a KSS? It seems like she gets credited separately from them, so.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Manaka isn’t a KSS she just does performances with them because she’s their mentor/leader, and what else is there to do in Hokkaido. (She did do a solo event)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Congratulations to Tsubaki Factory for their win of the Best Newcomer Award at the 59th Japan Record Awards!!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.