Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2017 Edition

Post by momoirosaya »

They usually don't want to overwhelm the new girls because they have to learn the lyrics for the choreography plus the lyrics for ALL the songs at once. Once they're more settled in and comfortable with JJ's usual set list they will probably give her more lines.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You also don't throw a new girl in the fans faces of a group like J=J that hasn't had a lineup change since they were formed. It's an excellent way to create backlash.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They did decide to give Ruru a couple solo lines in Karada Dake, but it seemed that was the only J=J song sans Fiesta that they gave her a solo.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="209765" data-time="1503798832">PS: MM'17 sang something besides Love Machine, Morning Coffee or 1, 2, 3! They sang<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeoBN7jvsm4' class="bbc_url" title="External link"> Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru </a>on a tv program</blockquote>

I want to say that's their usual song for 24 Hour TV.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It is, it was written specifically for the program.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Karin's returning to JJ's tour on the 31st.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Karin's returning to JJ's tour on the 31st.
[/quote]

Here's a quick line video JJ did upon Karin's return! Gosh Danbara is so stinkin cute I love her Q_Q
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Anderei"]
They announced that Kiki's participation will remain limited. Here's a list of upcoming events she'll be missing from:

8/4 - TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2017
8/6 - SUMMER STATION Music LIVE 2017

Hello! Project Summer 2017
8/5 - Nakano Sun Plaza - will appear, but not in the performance parts
miss:
8/6, 8/19, 8/20 - Nakano Sun Plaza
8/11 - Sendai Sun Plaza Hall (Miyagi)
8/26~8/27 - Forest Hall (Aichi)
9/2 - Hiroshima Hall (Hiroshima) 

8/5 must be the filming day.
[/quote]

Extended list. 

9/3 - H!P Kenshuusei show September Tokyo MC only
9/9~9/10 - H!P Kenshuusei show September Osaka, Nagoya
9/18 - Tokai Radio thanksgiving event 2017
9/24 - LIVE PRO FESTIVAL 2017

They said she's getting better.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hot freaking damn, Inaba Manaka is back.

Profile, announcement.

She will be the leader of the Hokkaido KSS.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="kira"]
Morning Musume is going to be on Music Station's Ultra Fes on 9/18.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/ultrafes2017/
[/quote]

I was right about it being Updated LM.

If it's any consolation, the only group performing a song actually released in 2017 is Nogizaka46. Perfume's song is 10 years old lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="209749" data-time="1503666675">
<div>

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/ultrafes2017/
[/quote]

If it's any consolation, the only group performing a song actually released in 2017 is Nogizaka46. Perfume's song is 10 years old lol.

</div>
</blockquote>

Here's the video of it.
It's... well.. Love Machine. (Updated.) Not much to say.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="210210" data-time="1505711135"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="210133" data-time="1505450445"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="209749" data-time="1503666675">

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/ultrafes2017/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/ultrafe ... blockquote>

</blockquote>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SDAId- ... e=youtu.be' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Here's the video of it.</a>

It's... well.. Love Machine. (Updated.) Not much to say.</blockquote>
I.Haruna dancing... :lol: Still so awkward.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

All it made me wonder is who they'll give the ending love machine to when they inevitably do this song again on the year end shows.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="210217" data-time="1505739629">
All it made me wonder is who they'll give the ending love machine to when they inevitably do this song again on the year end shows.</blockquote>It's always been the youngest in the group at the time of line distributions. When they leave, it goes to the new youngest. Which is Akane, right?
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, unless they go lowest seniority and give it to Chisaki.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="210214" data-time="1505712246">I.Haruna dancing... :lol: Still so awkward.</blockquote>
Seems like I missed the video, so I'm missing context, but the Love Machine choreography is supposed to be awkward! If they look cool, they're doing it wrong!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="210225" data-time="1505759982"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="210214" data-time="1505712246">
I.Haruna dancing... :lol: Still so awkward.</blockquote>
Seems like I missed the video, so I'm missing context, but the Love Machine choreography is supposed to be awkward! If they look cool, they're doing it wrong!</blockquote>
It's not the choreography. Harunan's just a bad dancer.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kobushi's autumn tour is titled ~Songs for You~ and runs October 7th-November 28th. 

It's still a live house tour, not a concert hall tour yet.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I wonder if UF is even interested in doing concert tours any more. 

Angerme's live house tour runs so far into December that I don't expect them to fit any concert days in addition to the Nakano Sun Plaza hall, and J=J is still doing live houses although they've booked Budokan.  Tsubaki didn't even get a solo live this year. 

Strange, because concert merch seems to be UF's bread and butter, too.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="kitaoji"]

Angerme's live house tour runs so far into December that I don't expect them to fit any concert days in addition to the Nakano Sun Plaza hall, and J=J is still doing live houses although they've booked Budokan.  Tsubaki didn't even get a solo live this year. 

[/quote]

I also think they want to stay away from the concert halls. It's probably hard to book enough tickets to warrant it; but more than that, then you have to create a stage ($$$), have more staff participate day-of ($$$), make more intricate lighting designs ($$$), and more formations/choreography. I don't know if they sell enough merch to really make it worth it... Especially when you can pretty much just buy it all online on E-lineup. It's crazy to think Berryz Koubou performed at Saitama one year.

Angerme's Spring 2017 Budokan supposedly hadn't sold but half the tickets sometime during the tour, according to Take-chan. Then finally by the time of the actual budokan they had to deny people tickets because they sold out. Angerme still isn't assumed to do Budokan every tour. They were surprised they got to do the one in 2017 spring... With Meimei graduated and Aiai MIA :(
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="kitaoji"]

[/quote]

The live house tours have been very well received by fans, iirc. The venues are smaller, so it's much easier to get a closer view of the girls and I think they're in areas that they didn't always hit up before when they did hall tours. I'd probably be more inclined to see them at a 800 max capacity club (I think most are about half that though) than Budokan if I ever had the chance, honestly.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="210394" data-time="1506390955">
<div>

[/quote]

The live house tours have been very well received by fans, iirc. The venues are smaller, so it's much easier to get a closer view of the girls and I think they're in areas that they didn't always hit up before when they did hall tours. I'd probably be more inclined to see them at a 800 max capacity club (I think most are about half that though) than Budokan if I ever had the chance, honestly.

</div>
</blockquote>
Same. The fact that they play so many more smaller venues is another reason to cut the size of the group accordingly. 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="210407" data-time="1506536356">Same. The fact that they play so many more smaller venues is another reason to cut the size of the group accordingly.</blockquote>They need to bring back Otome/Sakura gumi. That was supposedly the reason for the split the first time around.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I totally understand that a live house concert is much better for concert attendees, but I think they look horrible on DVD.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="210407" data-time="1506536356">
Same. The fact that they play so many more smaller venues is another reason to cut the size of the group accordingly.
</blockquote>
They need to bring back Otome/Sakura gumi. That was supposedly the reason for the split the first time around.

[/quote]
Officially instead of it being an on and off concert thing like Nine Smile and like how they had Hina Fest. They can even have both groups be like Country Girls and have them do a limited run of concert performances and release digital singles.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You'd have to plan it real well to make sure both groups can still always sell out. Certain combinations might struggle if the other group is too strong popularity-wise.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="210413" data-time="1506559484">
You'd have to plan it real well to make sure both groups can still always sell out. Certain combinations might struggle if the other group is too strong popularity-wise.</blockquote>
Didn't the original groups compete to see who could sell the most tickets and singles?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="210414" data-time="1506559676"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="210413" data-time="1506559484">
You'd have to plan it real well to make sure both groups can still always sell out. Certain combinations might struggle if the other group is too strong popularity-wise.</blockquote>Didn't the original groups compete to see who could sell the most tickets and singles?</blockquote>

They did but I don't know if anything ever came of it other than 'Sakura gumi won yay!'. Knowing the current management, they'd put all the most popular girls in the same one.

There's no way they'd release separate singles anymore, I would think. Separate concerts is probably as far as it would go.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="210414" data-time="1506559676">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="210413" data-time="1506559484">
You'd have to plan it real well to make sure both groups can still always sell out. Certain combinations might struggle if the other group is too strong popularity-wise.
</blockquote>
Didn't the original groups compete to see who could sell the most tickets and singles?</blockquote>

They did but I don't know if anything ever came of it other than 'Sakura gumi won yay!'. Knowing the current management, they'd put all the most popular girls in the same one.

There's no way they'd release separate singles anymore, I would think. Separate concerts is probably as far as it would go.

[/quote]

They did a revival of Sakura and Otome Gumi at this years Hina Fes. I'm assuming it would just be the same, but they'd add Chisaki to Otome.
Sakura: Mizuki, Ayumi, Sakura, Miki, Maria, Reina
Otome: Erina, Iikubo, Masaki, Haruka, Ogata, Akane, Kaede

Not too bad of a split.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

MM is not popular enough to pull off the Sakura/Otome-Gumi concept now. They were selling out arena tours back then, and added those smaller venue, split-group gigs as a way to offer fans a more intimate experience. They're doing small-houses now because that's all they can fill. I can't see them releasing separate singles of new material, and without new material, what's the point of splitting up the groups? 

Just get the group down to around ten girls and get on with it.