meltia - A Lolita Idol Group!

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

strawberryjam
ANGERME

meltia - A Lolita Idol Group!

Post by strawberryjam »

So there's a new group called meltia and their thing is wearing lolita.

J5MIYzZF_400x4001.jpeg

They seem pretty indies still so I couldn't find out much about them.

Here's their first song Fairies and the magical symphony.
Description of the video - 
""Fairies and the magical symphony" performed by Japanese girls idol group "meltia".
Our main concept is Lolita fashion, so we'll introduce "kawaii" culture from Tokyo Harajuku to all over the world!
These cute outfits are "Cream Cookie Collection" by Angelic Pretty."

Nothing groundbreaking, standard cute song and lip syncing - but still super adorableeee.

meltia-profile.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by strawberryjam on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Re: meltia - A Lolita Idol Group!

Post by NekoKaiSai »

That was really cute, and now I have the song stuck in my head.  I found their blog and twitter(s), but they don't seem to have a website yet, which means that the company itself must also be new.

To the best of my identifying abilities, they are:
[Back row: left to right] Mizuki Nadeshiko (Nade-chan); Shirayuki Mero (Merochi); Tanbo Kati
[Front row: left to right] Fuwari Ruru; Shiina Yura (Yura-tan); Hoshino Aira (Airan) She's half Japanese half Fillipino; Suzumi Emiri (Emirin)

A couple of the names have multiple kanji readings, so the last names are subject to change.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Sign me up!!
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Some news!

• 2 new songs - Un, Deux, Chocolat and Eternal Juliet
  • Their first song Fairies and the magical symphony can be downloaded for free for 2 weeks from Soundcloud to celebrate their 6 month anniversary
  • Official website opened
  • In an interview, it was revealed that their producer is female. The idea of Meltia is that it's an idol group created by girls for girls. Their recent performances say otherwise.. They have a wota following already.. The producer is a fan of Morning Musume and AKB48, but also Harajuku fashion and decided it would be neat to combine the 2 things together.
  • Member Melo's favorite idol is Tsuji Nozomi from Morning Musume.

Last but not least, aine and I will be going to their live on May 30th. It's free.. You just have to pay 500 yen for a drink. 1000 yen for a cheki afterwards. Total 1500 yen for a live and cheki?! Talk about cheap. :lol:

rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I'm not gonna steal Berry's thunder as she wants to make a proper write-up herself, but after today's live event she mentioned above, guess who became a dedicated fan now. :lol:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

A couple of weeks late, but I really enjoyed their live.

I'll be doing a more proper write up on my blog, but for now..

- They are clearly indies, but it's okay. Nadeshiko totally has what it takes to be an idol in terms of looks and performance. Airan does too, but she doesn't put enough effort. Mero is not the most talented, but she was the most popular by far. 
- The setlist consisted of 4 of their own songs. There was also a solo corner.Yuratan sang Yumemiru 15 sai! Nadeshiko sang BiS's Fly. Never heard of them before, but she got both me and aine to like the song. Some of the girls looked clearly uncomfortable on stage when doing their solo, but it was cute and sooooooo endearing.
- There was a new song which was a "cool" style. Probably their best song by far. It's not on youtube yet, but I'll link it when they put it up.
- Most of the audience were girls, but they definitely have a wota following already. I was worried the wota shouts would overpower all the girls, but the girls were just as loud.
- I got a free cheki for wearing lolita. You get to take a polaroid picture with the girl and talk to them 5 minutes while they decorate it. 
- A lot of attention to detail from the girls. They remembered where I sat. Aine met with Nadeshiko and I later met with her and she remembered that me and aine were together. They seemed genuine and were so happy to have us there.

This was honestly the best idol experience I've had. I really hope they don't die and are at able to make it to major debut. I only paid 500 yen for a drink fee + 1000 yen for a cheki and I was also given the free cheki. I'd honestly be willing to drop waaaaay more money on them given the experience I had. Total hardcore fan now. Both aine and I dearly love Nadeshiko now. :lol:

meltia-profile.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit reverie
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Thanks for sharing this. The songs I've listened to so far have been really cool, and its awesome that they are acknowledging the foreign fans of the group in the comments section. The subtitles in the videos are a nice touch even if they are sometimes hard to read off the background.

They seem to have lost a member though (Fairies and the magical symphony had 7 members in it). 

Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Ruru is really cute! I'll have to check out some of their music later.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

So the cool song I mentioned called "A Corsage of White Rose" has been posted on youtube!
It's as good as I remember *_* I think this is my favorite song from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPpIRnYxCfo&feature=youtu.be

[quote="Mizura"]
Thanks for sharing this. The songs I've listened to so far have been really cool, and its awesome that they are acknowledging the foreign fans of the group in the comments section. The subtitles in the videos are a nice touch even if they are sometimes hard to read off the background.

They seem to have lost a member though (Fairies and the magical symphony had 7 members in it). 
[/quote]

Yay! Glad you like some of the songs. Yeah, they are really pushing for foreigners to like them. Lolita fashion isn't a big community, but I think it's much bigger than the Jpop fans abroad? I haven't sensed a lot of lolitas caring about them though.

And yeah, Emiri graduated. She reminded me a lot like Kanon Fukuda.

[quote="Molly"]
Ruru is really cute! I'll have to check out some of their music later.
[/quote]

Her solo was really adorableeee. I'm not gonna lie. She is a terrible singer, but her solo was still beyond cute. She sang this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEywgk5zloToo cute from Ruru.
rabbit reverie
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Here's the official website and YouTube channel. You can download the mp3 for Fairies and the Magical Symphony for free from there from their soundcloud.

http://www.meltia-lolita.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHzv6-07O7hFdfG7-7SjttA

One of these days I'll actually figure out the BBCode for embedding links better.

Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Can you purchase songs on their website? Because I really liked their music.

And seeing as Konno Asami is one of my favorite idols ever, I'm not too worried about her singing skills haha. Also Yura is really cute too.
ImageImage
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="Molly"]
Can you purchase songs on their website? Because I really liked their music.

And seeing as Konno Asami is one of my favorite idols ever, I'm not too worried about her singing skills haha. Also Yura is really cute too.
[/quote]
They haven't released any of their songs for sale yet.
I wonder why they don't release it to Itunes at least.. Maybe it costs a lot still. It's too bad, I'd really love to buy their stuff too!
rabbit reverie
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

If they do release them let us know! I don't usually have a problem with downloading music but seeing as they're a super indie group I'd prefer to actually support them.
ImageImage
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I'd imagine their outfits take a large portion of their funds unless they are getting them compliments of AP, which I doubt. Selling their music could help out a lot, but I see how it could be costly at the same time.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="188731" data-time="1434136857">
I'd imagine their outfits take a large portion of their funds unless they are getting them compliments of AP, which I doubt. Selling their music could help out a lot, but I see how it could be costly at the same time.
</blockquote>

They stopped wearing Angelic Pretty dresses and had their own dresses designed/made which I'm sure probably costs as much.

I posted about the Meltia live on my blog. I go into a lot more detail there about my impressions. You can also see our polaroid pictures! 
It was really nice to not get the 2 second treatment (even with non popular members) that Morning Musume gives you during their events. You really get to talk and interact with them.

Last but not least (if you want to be spoiled):
Spoiler: [+]
Nadeshiko hugged me! She picked the cheki pose herself..   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Now that Berry has posted her live review, I can finally declare my love for Nadeshiko. :wub:

It's not an overstatement to say that this was the best idol experience I had. I went to the concert with only a general idea about the group and knowing only 2 or 3 songs which Berry can play on loop for hours, I left a fan.

As for how the concert went, see Berry's blog post. Myself, I prepared for the experience by studying their official site while waiting in the line to the venue. :lol: From that, I decided to focus on Aira, if only to have some point of reference.

However, my heart was stolen by Nadeshiko, who not only made eye contact with us all the time, but also - IMO - put the most effort into her performance. The fact that she remembered us from the audience (ok, we were sitting in the front row and I probably stood out from the rest, but still) and figured out that we were a couple when we talked to her during the cheki only confirmed her as my favourite.

That's not to say the other members were bad. Both Aira and Melo did put up a good show. The other three occasionally seemed confused, sometimes bordering on uncomfortable about being on the stage. But they seemed to work together well overall. (I feel a little bad speaking harshly of the members. There are so few English-speaking sites that mention them that if they ever look the group name up themselves they will probably stumble upon this thread. Which on the other hand would be pretty cool. Dear Meltia, if you're reading this, please register on the MM-BBS! =3=)

A few of the songs they published on their youtube channel have some very annoying wota chants in them. I was worried this would spoil the live experience, but it wasn't too bad in real. While there were some people doing the chants, they were mainly in the back and surely not as loud as you could think (at least from where we sat). Perhaps for the previous videos they captured the sound near the back of the venue as well, or just mixed the audience track too loud.

Anyway, speaking of cheki. Of course I went to take one with Nadeshiko first. 10 minutes and 1000 yen later I was sitting at the table on the stage and chatting away with her while she was decorating our photo (the heart pose was her idea too). We probably spent about 5 minutes like this, having a good time with my poor Japanese and her poor English. She seemed genuinely caring and really happy to have someone obviously from abroad come to their show. And probably a bit surprised to learn that me and Berry were actually a couple where both of us are into idols. :lol:

I went for cheki with Aira next. She was less talkative - perhaps more intimidated by speaking to a gaijin, or just less confident trying to figure out what I was trying to say with my broken Japanese. But it was also pleasant.

The bottom line is - Up Front can go and kiss my ass with their overpriced 5 second cheki "experience". One of early versions of our Japan trip plan included ordering the single box sets and going down to Osaka for a Morning Musume cheki event. After Meltia, I am so glad we didn't go and I know we won't get fooled into doing it again.

Of course it's also a matter of scale at which both groups operate, but I feel that past a certain point if you can't deliver a proper experience at a reasonable price, then you should just stop doing it. Otherwise, it's a pure scam.

On one hand, I do wish Meltia to make a debut and make it big. On the other hand, I will feel sad if the price for that will be giving up on having this super-personal and easygoing experience again. I would have a hard time picking one option if given the power to make this choice. I just want to be friends and go hang out with them. :lol:

To finish this long post off - during cheki, both girls asked me if we were coming to the next show. Of course I said that we wanted to. But unfortunately, the festival they were performing at was on the same day when we were leaving Japan, so we didn't get to see it. And their next one-man live is coming soon, which obviously we won't get to see either. Even if they asked that out of pure courtesy, I'm sure it actually means a lot to them to see they have dedicated fans. I'm actually sad we won't get to see them until at least next year and I hope they won't be too disappointed. I have a feeling that we would be remembered and recognized again.

Any downsides of the event? Only the staff running out of Instax film for chekis, and the awfully tiny stage on which the girls kept bumping into the piano standing on the side during their dance routines. Other than that, it was totally indie, at times very ad hoc (especially after the concert itself), and I loved it that way.

I hope they will release a single or album soon because I want to support them more. Yesterday Morning Musume, today Babymetal, tomorrow, perhaps, Meltia. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="strawberryjam"]
So the cool song I mentioned called "A Corsage of White Rose" has been posted on youtube!
It's as good as I remember *_* I think this is my favorite song from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPpIRnYxCfo&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]

That song is really great.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Here is a playlist of cute/funny Meltia things on the Kawaii Pateen channel. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7k_Q9ypWTRJTCgNIF0cuQFtgdVDkz9fk
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Caty Tanbo has announced she's graduating on January 31st. First Nadeshiko, now another...
Formerly Mizura
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I feel like group is ending. :sad:  :cryalot:

I don't think I care much about the group now without Nadeshiko. :cryalot:
rabbit reverie
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

This is pretty irrelevant, but I was scrolling through and accidentally read "meltia" as "attila" somehow. I thought "I don't think I've seen this thread before."
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Still no PV, no new song for months, no more videos of their lives, no way to purchase their songs. Caty and Nadeshiko are both gone now. It's hopeless. :cryalot:
rabbit reverie
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

It's pretty sad. They have potential but aren't acting on it. The group is still active and the admin of pure idol heart knows ruru and yura , and from what I've read on there, she does modeling work.
Formerly Mizura
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Shirayuki Melo is graduating on May 28th. The group is down to three members now.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

(CAN'T WAKE UP).PNG

When Berry dragged me to their live last year (or was it 2 years ago already?) this was not the kind of future I was expecting to see. But looking at their (lack of) activities for the last 6 months at least I'm really expecting an announcement of disbandment any time now. :roll:

A damn shame, they were really cute and with a huge potential to do something different in the indie idol world. I still hope they will as a trio now, though I really don't know how it will work in terms of group and song dynamics.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

This is so sad.
Why weren't they successful? It can't purely be management's fault..
I hope by standers don't take this as a lesson that idol groups for girls won't ever work. :sad:
rabbit reverie
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgSVt6QmF9w" title="External link">NADESHIKO IS BACK!!1</a> :danceman: :danceman: :danceman:

She's part of idol-rock trio <a class="bbc_url" href="http://yanakotosottomute.com/" title="External link">Yanakotosottomute</a> now. I just learned about them and don't know any details yet but I'm totally digging their sound. It seems that they <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWo6XjPj79U" title="External link">played support for Bellring Girls Heart</a> (or at least played on their stage) the other day, and Beruha are kind of a big deal on the indie idol scene so that's good for them.

In other news, Caty meant to delete her twitter account some time ago but she couldn't figure out how to do it so apparently she decided to keep using it. :hahaha: She applied for <a class="bbc_url" href="https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9F%E3%82%B9iD" title="External link">MISS iD 2017</a> which is indie idol audition sponsored by Kodansha. There are some recognizable names among the past winners, including Rei and Rie from Ladybaby in 2015.

Also Aira's been rocking out on guitar and drums and I wouldn't be surprised if she branched out into her own non-idol group in the foreseeable future.
Last edited by aine on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
NicosDaddy
Kenshuusei

Post by NicosDaddy »

[quote="aine"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgSVt6QmF9w" title="External link">NADESHIKO IS BACK!!1</a> :danceman: :danceman: :danceman:

She's part of idol-rock trio <a class="bbc_url" href="http://yanakotosottomute.com/" title="External link">Yanakotosottomute</a> now. I just learned about them and don't know any details yet but I'm totally digging their sound. It seems that they <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWo6XjPj79U" title="External link">played support for Bellring Girls Heart</a> (or at least played on their stage) the other day, and Beruha are kind of a big deal on the indie idol scene so that's good for them.

In other news, Caty meant to delete her twitter account some time ago but she couldn't figure out how to do it so apparently she decided to keep using it. :hahaha: She applied for <a class="bbc_url" href="https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9F%E3%82%B9iD" title="External link">MISS iD 2017</a> which is indie idol audition sponsored by Kodansha. There are some recognizable names among the past winners, including Rei and Rie from Ladybaby in 2015.

Also Aira's been rocking out on guitar and drums and I wouldn't be surprised if she branched out into her own non-idol group in the foreseeable future.
[/quote]
It's so nice to see that Nadeshiko has joined another idol group, I thought she might've given up on being an idol. I hope this group is successful, I think they have a long way to go but their sound is really interesting! 

I had no idea Caty didn't delete her twitter, she was actually my favorite out of the group. If possible could I get a link to her twitter account? 

(P.S sorry if this isn't the correct way to write this i'm new and still trying to figure out exactly what to do lol.)
No music, no life!
<p style="text-align:center;"> 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Melia is actually releasing something! Albeit a limited CD.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4130225909' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 0225909</a>
Last edited by Elpis on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Well, the first Meltia MV is out. It's for the song A corsage of white rose. The song doesn't seem as good with only 3 people but at least it's something.

https://youtu.be/mW2MBw058DY
Formerly Mizura