[2015.04.08] Juice=Juice - Wonderful World / Ça va? Ça va?

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2015.04.08] Juice=Juice - Wonderful World / Ça va? Ça va?

Post by momoirosaya »

Yuka has improved, not as much as Akari, but she has.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

You're always so positive, Saya. :lol:
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

It might just be me, but the very very end of Wonderful World reminds of The Peace!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

#1 Daily on Oricon.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

#1 weekly with their second lowest sales to date. Estimate is around 34,000.

I feel bad for C-ute.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

C-ute got a super hard week though, going up against the SKE/NMB double release.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Me too. This week should've went to C-Ute and I think it's unfair for the newer group to get a #1 before them.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

C-ute had their moment when they were young (Best new Artist). Just let J=J have their moment for now.  I feel terrible for C-ute too. But I feel more terrible about their sale.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Why? It was still one of C-ute's best selling singles. This is one of JJ's lowest and nearly 80% of the total is from the first day sales.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="187134" data-time="1428969085">
C-ute got a super hard week though, going up against the SKE/NMB double release.</blockquote>
That's what I'm saying. It would've been nice to have gotten this week for their 10th anniversary. There probably won't be another week this slow all year. It's rare to be able to get #1 with below 40k.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I feel bad for C-ute. I know it's great when the other groups get the #1 spot on the weekly charts but I feel like C-ute deserve it the most out of everyone within H!P.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It's a hollow victory, This is still one of their worst selling singles. Senboi being the worst only by 2,000 or so less singles being sold. C-ute may have not gotten the title but they sold more overall. And that's a victory in itself. Not that selling amounts really MATTER in idol singles, but still even that was news worthy. 

Overall ALL the H!P groups did well in their kick off of 2015 so I think that can be seen as a good thing in the eyes of UF and us as fans. 

Oricon REALLY doesn't matter though.The Recochoku is where it's at. You can't hide behind wota buying on that chart. (At least I don't think you can? xD) 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Juice=Juice is my second favorite group in H!P now that Berryz is gone but this was by far their weakest single yet, so I can't help but be bitter here....
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well the overall total does sort of count because I'm sure that the company would ideally like to try and make some money off of it. Plus I think even people who just look at rankings are less impressed by a 34k victory than a 350k victory or whatever.

And now that MM have a real competitor for their single, UFP will probably regret not giving this week to them.

Anyway, Soundscan:

#7 Regular A - 7,155

#9 Regular B - 6,002

Rest didn't rank. 20 (Soundscan only does top 20) sold 2,140.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

While I'm still slightly bitter I'm still happy for Juice=Juice :) This was a pretty great single in my opinion :)

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
It's a hollow victory, This is still one of their worst selling singles. Senboi being the worst only by 2,000 or so less singles being sold. C-ute may have not gotten the title but they sold more overall. And that's a victory in itself. Not that selling amounts really MATTER in idol singles, but still even that was news worthy. 

Overall ALL the H!P groups did well in their kick off of 2015 so I think that can be seen as a good thing in the eyes of UF and us as fans. 

Oricon REALLY doesn't matter though.The Recochoku is where it's at. You can't hide behind wota buying on that chart. (At least I don't think you can? xD) 
[/quote]
Apart from a few exceptions I don't think wota really buy from Recochoku. At least I don't think so by the look of things. Plus isn't the majority of media attention focused on Oricon?
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

A lot of people like to talk about how Japanese people still like to buy physical CDs and while this is true, digital sales are a much better example of popularity even in Japan. After that it's album sales. Oricon still matters but not only is it easy to manipulate, their way of counting is wonky.

NyaaKB are doing well on Recochoku and Starish are doing well on itunes, and if you remove the handshake copies, both groups (as well as CNBlue) beat JJ in the long run and as far as mainstream fans are concerned.

It would've been smarter to give it to MM, who at least occasionally get invited to a noteworthy show or something instead of JJ, because while it's nice for them, in two months no one except their fans are going to remember this single, especially because not all #1s are equal.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.