[2015.04.08] Juice=Juice - Wonderful World / Ça va? Ça va?

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.08] Juice=Juice - Wonderful World / Ça va? Ça va?

Post by Elpis »

Wonderful World is my favorite song, but the Ca va Ca va MV looks like it had the more money put into it. I like both songs a lot compared to how much I normally J=J's stuff.
Last edited by Elpis on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Before the MVs came out, I kept seeing people who were saying that neither of the songs were really good. And I kinda agree with Wonderful World (which isn't a bad song, just all right), but Ça va? Ça va? is great! I love songs with a unique sound like that. I also really love the colors of their outfits.

Every time Juice=Juice releases a single, I like one song but don't care for the other. Every. Time. This is why I don't like double A-sides, because I can't bring myself to buy a single if I only like one of the songs. XD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I really, really like Ca va? Ca va?! The beginning of it feels really Rottara Rottara-ish (like Q said before), but I like the MV and really dig the song. Definitely my favorite on this release.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

UGH! Why can't Ça va? Ça va be their main song they promote? I love it 10 times more than Wonderful World. (Actually I think I would like WW more if they got rid of those hideous blue jackets.) 

I want to see the dance for it, it looks fun and I love a fun entertaining dances! :D
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Ça va? Ça va? has grown on me a lot, the arrangement and structure are really interesting.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Ça va? Ça va? at least had more of a J=J sound to it than Horrible World. I really like the "Ça va? Ça va? Oui" parts
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Wonderful World feels like something the Kenshuusei would release and sing mostly in unison on an indies release that only the most devoted of wota would purchase LOL.  I don't want to hate on it too much but it's incredibly generic to me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Saya"]
The Ca va? PV is really cute, 
[/quote]

I've gone through this thread like five times looking for a link to the Ca va video, and I have yet to find it.  :wheely:
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^It was on Hello Station. Link is in the shoutbox on the homepage.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Thanks!

Here's the link for those who don't want to search for it or wade through the hour long video for the one-and-a-half minute clip:

Juice=Juice "Ça va? Ça va?" clip from HS.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

You don't have to wade through the video, just click on the appropriate time link in the description.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Actually, all you have to do is click on the link I provided.  :smile:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Is there a particular reason why you're being so passive-aggressive lately? I was simply trying to assist you for future instances.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I found his advice helpful and not at all passive aggressive, but maybe that's just me. I hadn't actually looked for the link yet, but I had trouble recently with not seeing links when people were discussing videos, mostly because I didn't know they were in the shout box.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not in his posts, but just my two cents that it greatly helped me from searching for it, and then skipping through to find it.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

His advice was helpful, I'm not referring to the post where he linked to the video.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I think everyone seems to be very on edge lately. Here and other places. What's up with that? I think we need Tsunku back. He's like a shining beacon of calm to the H!P fanstorm. At least with him around we always had someone to throw our anger too when something wasn't right. Now we really have no single person to blame so it's every man for themselves. :x
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]
I found his advice helpful and not at all passive aggressive, but maybe that's just me. I hadn't actually looked for the link yet, but I had trouble recently with not seeing links when people were discussing videos, mostly because I didn't know they were in the shout box.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not in his posts, but just my two cents that it greatly helped me from searching for it, and then skipping through to find it.
[/quote]

Glad I could help!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="186579" data-time="1427422619">
I think everyone seems to be very on edge lately. Here and other places. What's up with that? I think we need Tsunku back.
</blockquote>

I don't really see how people are on edge or how JPope was passive-aggressive, but I'm your Tsunku here and I'm telling you all to calm your tits down. :pimp:

I watched and listened to Ca Va Ca Va for the first time yesterday. It's not perfect but it's all right. It could be a Morning Musume B-side from early to mid 2000's. I liked the layering of vocals in the chorus, that's something I actually miss a lot in MM.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

^Until you start running around nude with flowers on your crotch and drawing penises on your face, you can't possibly be MY Tsunku. :<

So Karin, Sayuki and Akari were on Nogizaka46's NicoNico Show and they showed a clip of the PV version (Not the Hello!station version) of Ça va? Ça va?.There's SO much more effort in this music video then there was in Wonderful World. 

Watch the show on Dailymotion. (PV started at 2:25)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Oh, I like the way Ca va sounds! It's actually kind of funky, or some kinda word I'm looking for that means it has some good attitude to it. I'm also warming to Karin's haircut, so maybe they're styling it better? I feel like she must be doing something slightly different, because I didn't care for it in the Wonderful World video even though I couldn't say what's different if my life depended on it. Maybe I just like her outfit in Ca va and it blinds me to the hair. No idea.

Sayuki is still a goddess, so I'm glad to see her showing up on TV with Karin. Akari's really nice to look at, so she's cool too even if I don't think I've had a chance to see much personality from her yet.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'm one of the few that are actually glad Karin cut her hair short (although I feel like having two members with short hair in a group this size looks weird)
She has a cute but very boring / generic face and the short hair gives her a little edge.  Karin is one of those idols where, despite being talented, she just doesn't really have that "it" factor to me.  I know people love to slam her, and I promise I'm not trying to do that.  It's just something I've noticed.  Even though she gets a ton of lines and screen time, my eyes really never feel drawn to her when she's on screen.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

While Wonderful World seems quite generic, at least for the moment, I quite like ça va ? ça va ? but, at the beginning, this "T'es mignonne" REALLY disturbs me, every time I listen to the song ^^".
Campy <3 !
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I didn't even know any french was in the song, minus the title. Not quite the girls' fault, but hearing the introduction to the song say "ça ba" made me laugh, and kinda bothers my ears, so I'm hoping it's not going to be a consistent thing.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Kudos to whoever choreographed the dance for this. I like how it tells the story of the song, it's cute!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Ça va? Ça va? live at Hinafest '15.

J=J still lack energy and presence in live performances to me, but this performance is probably the best I've seen from them!  The vocals were steadier than usual too.  Yuka is honestly probably a lost cause but Akari has come such a long way.  Happy to finally hear the full song (if the full thing has been revealed elsewhere, I missed it).  I'm kind of falling in love with it.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

PV for Ca va? Ca va? is Up on YouTube.

The fun dance makes this much more enjoyable. :)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I was just looking at these again now that Ca va is out. I still don't care for Horrible World. I like the song, it's exactly the type of song that I love and love to sing, but I don't like that it came from Juice=Juice. That's the only reason I don't like it. 

Good news, though. I think Sayuki really fit Ca va and it made me like her a bit more.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Am I the only one bothered by the DABADA visual in most of the video now being them standing around wistfully, sadly singing it lol
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Normally, if I don't really like an H!P song at first, it grows on me after several listens... but the more I listen to Wonderful World, the LESS I like it. What the heck?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Farrah"]
Yuka is honestly probably a lost cause but Akari has come such a long way.  
[/quote]

This is dumb, but I'm really happy to hear someone else say this. I'm so tired of people lumping them together and saying that they're both decent now. Akari has improved a lot, but Yuka is still terrible. Tbh, I've developed quite a grudge against her because for continuing to suck so much. I'd probably be okay with it if she was a really good dancer to make up for it, but she's a terrible dancer, too. She completely bungles routines that she's been performing for a very long time now.

Bleh. At least she's good at handshaking.
Last edited by Banana on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.