Berryz Mega Goodbye Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: Berryz Mega Goodbye Thread

Post by yuzuriha »

Just came in to announce I am dead.  I also totally called Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW like a minute before it started so pretty pleased.

It doesn't help being super emotional with my oshi being the most emotional in the group.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I didn't really follow Berryz closely till the end... But I was watching/translating (where I could) the concert last night, so I was extra invested. I mean, they *were* my first H!P group (like so many other fans.) I feel asleep at like 7 AM after the concert, and oddly enough had a dream about Berryz. There was an H!P concert at the beach, presumably a year later, and Berryz showed up in the audience, each with their own colored towels/umbrellas. Momoko somehow wore 7 different colored hats. Mizuki was sitting next to Momoko with a biiig black sign supporting MM. Someone in Berryz said "what kind of group do you think the current Morning Musume will become?" And someone answered "One that believes in themselves so much they aggressively push forward."

Just a weird thought I wanted to share.

Overall, as I said before, the concert was really, very good. I think Berryz was a group that got stale in their songs and music videos, but never in their concert performances. *That's* where Berryz shined.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Berryz being gone is really hard for me. They were the first HP group I loved and Risako has had a special place in my heart for 7 years.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

A handy little guide was made to show who, showed up for Berryz concert. It was like a giant class reunion. D:

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Some shots taken off my computer:

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Madara. You know you only need to press the Print Screen button on your keyboard to take photos of your computer screen. xD
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yuukarin came! T__T oh that just made me so happy, just the fact that she was there~

I can't wait to see this concert, even though Berryz was my first H!P group (after Buono!) they became my least favorite. But they're still really important. It's weird having them gone... It's weird imagining all the people who are going to discover H!P now and Berryz is going to be a past group...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Madara. You know you only need to press the Print Screen button on your keyboard to take photos of your computer screen. x
[/quote]

Okay, I just tried that and it takes the full screen including all that stuff on the sides. Plus I don't know how to retrieve the Print Screen screen captures from my Picasa program and get them into my Flickr program which would enable me to post them here.

Besides, by using my digital camera, I can get closer--like this:

Last edited by Madara on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Madara. That's what I use Windows Paint for. xD Just Copy Paste into the program and crop what you want. :)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

If you install Dropbox on your computer, it will automatically save all screenshots you take.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

So the subunits were only on the first two days, right? Hope we see that in some form.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Madara - it looks like you have Windows 7, so you should go immediately to Startup --> Accessories --> Snipping tool.  This is simply the best way to get screenshots ever.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Questions:

@Shoujo: I was unable to copy paste the pix in Picasa and put them in Windows Paint. I tried and when I clicked on paste in Windows Paint, nothing happened. How does one do that?
<div> </div>
<div>@Thea:  What is Dropbox and how does one install it?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>@Kitaoji: Where do I find the commands "Startup / Accessories / Snipping tool" on my computer?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> :confused:</div>
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere else but according to tsunku's blog this concert was "self produced" by the girls.  They chose the song order and the costumes and I don't remember if he said the set or not.  He also said something along the lines that he feels like they've done everything they should but at the same time it feels like there is  more they should have done and that he has other songs he wants them to sing or wants to write other songs for them and stuff. ;_;
Kaori • Risako 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Madarara,

This is Dropbox. You can make an account and download/install it from here. It's a wonderful tool. If you have it installed, it will automatically save all your screenshots, if you plug your camera up it will copy over all of the photos, you can transfer things between your two (or more) computers, etc. It's use is endless.

As for your question to Kitaoji:
Start Button > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool

You can see Dropbox saving my screenshots on the lower right as I was taking them, too.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]
Madarara,

This is Dropbox. You can make an account and download/install it from here. It's a wonderful tool. If you have it installed, it will automatically save all your screenshots, if you plug your camera up it will copy over all of the photos, you can transfer things between your two (or more) computers, etc. It's use is endless.

As for your question to Kitaoji:
Start Button > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool

You can see Dropbox saving my screenshots on the lower right as I was taking them, too.
[/quote]

Thanks, Thea. I'll try all that when I get back home. It's nice to have a place like this where I can come and ask questions like this and not be afraid of looking stupid. (I may look stupid now and then, but I"m not afraid of it here.)

Here's my daughter's response to the same questions:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Oh Dad. 

Startup is the main menu at the bottom left of the computer screen. That's how you access all your applications and documents. OR you can open any window and go to C drive, then (I think) Program Files, and then look for the folder/file of the program you want to open. 

I use the Print Screen button but then I paste into Photoshop. I don't use Picasa so I can't help you there. You should be able to hit the Print Screen button, open Paint, and then hit Ctl+C to see the pic. Then save it. 

DropBox is a way to save files and access them on different machines. I use it to move writing files between my iPad and my desktop and Netbook (tiny laptop). 

I finally got a new iPhone!</blockquote>

Is this correct? (I mean everything after the "Oh Dad")
Last edited by Madara on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="185651" data-time="1425483965">
Here's my daughter's response to the same questions:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Oh Dad.

Startup is the main menu at the bottom left of the computer screen. That's how you access all your applications and documents. OR you can open any window and go to C drive, then (I think) Program Files, and then look for the folder/file of the program you want to open.

I use the Print Screen button but then I paste into Photoshop. I don't use Picasa so I can't help you there. You should be able to hit the Print Screen button, open Paint, and then hit Ctl+C to see the pic. Then save it.

DropBox is a way to save files and access them on different machines. I use it to move writing files between my iPad and my desktop and Netbook (tiny laptop).

I finally got a new iPhone!
</blockquote>

Is this correct? (I mean everything after the "Oh Dad")</blockquote>

It is. You can open a Windows Explorer window, not just any window though. Other than that it's pretty much spot on.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I did a blog entry on the concert, crude screen caps and all. But I want to add a coda to it and I have a question first:

What are the chances of ever seeing the following perform again, either at an H!P event or a non-H!P event: Saki, Momoko, Miyabi, Risako?

Thanks.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Momoko is in Country Girls so you will be seeing a lot of her.

Saki will be an advisor so I'm no sure if she'll perform.

Miyabi doesn't know what she wants to do and Risako I taking a break from entertainment for awhile.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Everyone but Momoko is on the OG page now so I wouldn't expect anything except maybe the New Years concert if you're lucky.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks, guys.

My blog entry on the concert is up. Shorter than usual since I don't have a copy of the concert to replay and I didn't take notes, I just watched (yaaay!). 

I'll do a longer tribute to Berryz at some point, with pix from past concerts.
Last edited by Madara on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Star"]
Miyabi doesn't know what she wants to do and Risako I taking a break from entertainment for awhile.
[/quote]

That's kind of surprising. I thought these two would be gobbled up into the fashion industries since they are the most "fashionable." Maybe in a few years they'll be sort of like Takahashi Ai.

This is really depressing. At least when MOST of the OG graduate, they end up being your usual variety idols and appear in stage plays, dinner shows, radio shows, etc (minus the less popular ones). But it seems that despite being idols for essentially their entire lucid lives, these girls don't really have much going for them after graduation. If the 2 most popular girls (minus Momoko, who is a robot anyway) seem like they are winging it at the young age of...what, 20? Then what will happen to them all? Just retirement?

It just seems kind of sad and exploitative to be honest. 

PS. Every single time I type "LIVE" in a Berryz related b!p post, I write "LOVE." Nice but sad little slip. 
Last edited by eri on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Even most of the OGs aren't very active these days, although I guess you could attribute that to starting families. The only one with a regular TV gig right now is Koharu. It kind of sucks but there just doesn't seem to be demand for idols post-group.

They're both a little unique looking so I think breaking into a more casual modeling industry would probably be difficult for them, since its more about you physically then what you personally wear.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mano Erina called, she wants you to know that she's been very, very active lately and is sad you forget she existed. Risa is a little pissed too, but no one really pays attention to theater stuff, so it's cool. She's just going to go hang out with Takahashi and drink her woes away. 

Risako I can see being someone like Aya. Doing jazz music, small club venue stuff but never really anything too big. She's got the voice, but I don't know if she has the passion? The fact that she doesn't know what she wants to do with herself kind of proves that. For all we know she's probably considering hanging it all up, has herself a man in the wings and wants to get on with her life. (But I hope she comes back!) Miyabi at least knows she wants to continue to be a singer but she's taking a break to consider her options. 

Anyway~ 
On today's The Girls Live, they had some backstage footage from the concert. Watch it here.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I didn't forget about Mano, she's just one of the few exceptions and I think it helped that she wasn't an idol for very long or a very well known one. I don't consider Takahashi or Risa to be, they do the same stuff most former idols do.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

If ANGERME didn't display such awesomeness in their first single I swear to god I would just abandon H!P altogether.  I feel so empty inside.
Kaori • Risako 

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Anderei"]
I didn't forget about Mano, she's just one of the few exceptions and I think it helped that she wasn't an idol for very long or a very well known one. I don't consider Takahashi or Risa to be, they do the same stuff most former idols do.
[/quote]

Yeah I never really count Mano in as an OG. She was kind of this random soloist because, weren't most her songs written by someone else too? 

I thought Abe was pretty active. She has a regular radio show and is in stage plays too. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I meant she's an exception in that she's far more successful now than when she was releasing music.

But yeah, Abe is pretty active. Her, Kei, Takahashi, Koharu and Risa all usually have stuff going on. Yossie and Rika too, but not as much.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Kei's pretty much a regular on UTAGE.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Apparently Tumblr user swmmm found a translated bit of info from Berryz' last photobook 2004-2015 (original forum source)

"Berryz Koubou: “We initially intended to cease activities on Mar 3, 2014”
<p style="color:rgb(62,62,62);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, 'Lucida Sans', Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><i>[Note: This is a translation of a summary from someone who has read the “Berry Koubou 2004 - 2015” photobook. I haven’t read the book myself, so this could lead to potential errors.]</i>
  • It all started in an event in 2013 summer: a casual conversation about “what will we be doing in 10 years from now” turned serious
  • The members talked about this among themselves many times, but had trouble bringing it up to the staff
  • With consideration to their ages, position within H!P etc, they had things they wanted to do and didn’t want to just continue on without experiencing the rest of the world
  • All 7 agreed on ending cleanly on the 10th anniversary
  • Management was initially not persuaded, but all of them were firm in this decision
  • From 2013 summer to Mar 3, 2014 was too short to prepare everything, so it ended up being delayed by a whole year
  • In the last discussion, Momoko ran away*
  • <i>*A second user fills in on on the previous point: </i>This happened after pretty much everything had been decided on after discussions between members and the staff. In the final meeting, Momoko for some reason didn’t want to be there anymore and made an excuse to go to the washroom and ended up sitting behind a room divider by herself for 40 minutes. The restaurant staff even secretly brought out tea to her, and Chinami worriedly texted and called her wondering where she was too. Eventually Momoko realized she had to go back and just made an excuse that she had a stomach ache. They left lots of hot pot for her and it was delicious (lol)"
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.