[2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Guys, let's just say I have too much free time, okay? 

For Yuugure wa Ameagari~

Karin screen time: 16.5 sec, 11 close-ups, which is 6.5% of the total PV.
Erina screen time: 2.5 sec, 2 close-ups, which is 1% of the total PV.
Masaki screen time: 19 sec, 4 close-ups, which is 8% of the total PV.
Mizuki screen time: 22.5 sec, 7 close-ups, which is 8.5% of the total PV.
Haruka screen time: 10 seconds, 3 close-ups, which is 3.9% of the total PV.
Riho screen time: 17 sec, 7 close-ups which is 7% of the total PV.

I counted "screen time" as any time the camera either solely focused on them (close-ups) or purposely meant to focus them and maybe 1-2 other members at the same time (group shots, dance shot w/ obvious focus.) I did it for a few more members, but the ones above already accounts for 35% of the PV. Karin got almost as much time as Riho, more close-ups than *anyone* else, and 14 seconds more than Erina.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by JPope »

So they made videos for two of the new Morning Musume songs, and a girl who isn't even in the group got the most face time in both of them? And this is supposed to help the group... how?

What is the purpose of replacing Kanon in the video, anyway? Just do the dance without her. Or if you absolutely must have the full compliment of dancers for the long shots, go for it, but hide her face as much as possible. But close ups? Of a replacement dancer who is not in the group and does not sing on the recording? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Shit like this just makes all the shit they talk about H!P at Jet's website more justifiable. 
Last edited by JPope on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

In the twisted mind of UF it's supposed to help Juice=Juice. (Since they have sinking sales.) Because apparently, after losing one of their most popular members, Morning Musume DOESN'T need the help when it comes to introducing four new members. Or something. I'm going to be bitter about this single for a very long time. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

JJ's singles have been getting weaker though song wise. They should work on that if they want better sales.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

It's definitely a really obvious case of either A) Karin's parents having some sort of pull in UFP that's getting her favoritism, or B) them trying to get some interest in J=J.  But even that seems like a failure of a plan to me - the only people that are even going to notice she's there are wota, who already know about J=J.  The average consumer hasn't recognized anyone in Morning Musume since the golden era, so she'd just blend in with everyone else, they're not going to go "Who's that girl?"

A good example is SHINee, tbh.  When their lead singer Jonghyun broke his nose in a car accident, they had to go on and release the single without him.  They had much more complex choreography than any H!P group but managed just fine without bringing someone in to fill up his spot in the formations, which makes me wonder why they even bothered to in this situation.  There are only two points in the choreography that would have looked awkward, but they could have simply not shown those parts when editing the video.  Literally only ~3 seconds of time where it would have been noticeable that someone wasn't there.  People who don't know this group will have no idea where Jonghyun would have been in the choreography.

And using J=J as an example, they could have brought someone in to do the choreography without giving them so much screen time.  Ayumi had zero screen time in Ijiwaru's video, why does Karin manage to have immense screen time both when injured and when filling in for someone who is injured?  It's not her fault and I don't blame her, but I do think it was a terrible move on UFP's part, especially since this single should have focused on giving face time to the new kids.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

MM are making up for Sayumi the same way they did Reina during Wagamana: more handshakes. They're doing 26 in two days.

Also, Farrah, Shinee are just so much better than MM at everything that I'm still not sure that's a fair comparison lol
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

LOL SHINee are like, one of the most cohesive idol groups of all time, definitely.  But overall I think it's a good example of how a group can cover for the loss of a member fairly easily, especially since Jonghyun is pretty much the face of the group (or was until this single...he kind of got dethroned by Taemin after this LOL) whereas Zukki is a background member.  If SHINee can cover for losing their main vocalist without totally changing the video, why can't MM do it for a member who doesn't even sing?  Taemin ended up singing 70% of the song after taking over Jonghyun's lines, but the video was still edited in such a way as to not make it overly obvious.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]
or B) them trying to get some interest in J=J.  But even that seems like a failure of a plan to me - the only people that are even going to notice she's there are wota, who already know about J=J.  The average consumer hasn't recognized anyone in Morning Musume since the golden era, so she'd just blend in with everyone else, they're not going to go "Who's that girl?"

[/quote]

Exactly. Unless they market the single as "Morning Musme 15 featuring Miyamoto Karin of Juice=Juice" no one outside of the H!P super fandom will have any idea who she is or that she isn't a member of MM. And they aren't marketing the song like that, so WTF, mate? This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen H!P pull, and that's saying something.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Whenever I saw Karin, she looked so much like Duu if you didn't look that hard. Casual/new fans would probably assume it's her or something and promote Haruka in the process. I'm pissed there weren't any Daishi solos though.
Formerly Mizura
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Someone feel free to hate me for this but can someone please explain to me the whole Kairin thing? Normally, I up to speed with MM but I have been way to busy. I am so confused. Why is she there? What is this with Kanon? HELP!! :headscratch: 

I would also like to point out that I don't recognize her. So what ever stunt they tried to pull didn't work on me
Last edited by andrewmarlin on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Zukki was injured and Karin stepped in to take her place...sadly Karin took more solo shots than any of the other MM members in Yuugure wa Ameagari and Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru where fans are quite ticked off at it

(how could you not notice her though? XD)
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Have you guys seen the dislikes in both MVs?
They never get that many likes anyway but this time 1/5 of the votes are dislikes lol fans aren't happy
Image Hey
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtboKJ4D8zg&feature=player_profilepage

Here's the (Another ver.) of Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru...also known as the BIG CHANCE winner's PV

Hands down, I love it...it is conceptually weird...but I was expecting that...

I'm even reading that some people still like the boring dance-shot and close-ups ver.....iono why...no taste maybe XD
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Why can't every PV look like that? That was amazing!
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I just want to watch that all day and do nothing else

/edit I noticed that on the train everyone but 12th gen seems to display some "skill".

Mizuki -hula hoop
Erina - Selfies
Riho - That balance thing with her leg behind her freaking head
Zukki - Eating and being happy about it
Haruna - Complimenting
Ayumi - Holding herself up on the rings of the train
Masaki - This is the only one I couldn't really figure out.  Being a brat?
Haruka - kabedon
Sakura - Singing (or just being musically talented or something, she had the sheet music)
Last edited by yuzuriha on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This was the PV I was looking forward to. The wait was worth it
Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I really liked the "NEW START" banner over 12th gen.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I have already watched this four times.  This is the only good thing to come out of this single.  I just love so many things about it.  The obvious work and research that went into it, the skills and all that, the song the dance, the cheerleading, the jumping out of their clothes...wow I feel like such a creeper.
Kaori • Risako 

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

This is clearly the superior version of the PV and this man needs to be hired as director full time.

DUU KABEDON.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Duu's Kabedon!!! Oh my!

That PV was great! It was creative and told a story and showcased each member! The cheerleading was cute.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It was my favorite part of it.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Earlier today I saw a tweet  saying that it was being released at 9:10 11 seconds and 12 whatever is smaller than seconds.  I thought that was so random but I just figured out it's because of the generations featured in the video...
Kaori • Risako 

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Masaki is getting so good at expressions. Japanese girls in general and H!P girls in particular have such boring facial expression. Glad to see some few exceptions.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I love all the little details in this music video. I've watched it about a dozen times already. The other one, maybe like, twice? The second time was counting the amount of Karin's if I'm honest with myself. This is what a music video should be like. I enjoy symbolism and going, OH I get it! Stuff like that makes me enjoy a video. I also love that it HAD personality. It showed that Morning Musume are more than just dancing machines. I want more of THAT please. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love this MV so much. They should definitely keep this director in mind for the future. I like how Kanon had her Teddy Bear in her lap; it was a nice touch.
DUU <3
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Such a shame that another guy can make a much better MV introducing the 12ki than UFA itself XD
Image Hey
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

The director has a thing for DaVinci!  I loved all of it. It was weird, but not too weird and highlighted every member in a nice light.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Possibly a slight play on "gradation" theme, Morning Musume of the past, present, and future?

Spoiler: [+]

Hope some of you noticed they reused their Give Me More Love concert costumes~
Spoiler: [+]

Maybe showing the "them" or the MM of the past cheering on the current girls, also with a hint of Sayumi and their past accomplishments?

Girls of the past (in GMML costumes behind the screen) peeking into the future? 

Yet when they're with 12ki they're all dressed the same~

You always look at the past with 20/20, nostalgic romanticized vision... However the future can sometimes seem dark, scary and intimidating.The only way to overcome it is to go head-first. 

Luckily they're all taking the train to the future together; both as talented idols and high school girls. The train is still going steadily into the future, although it's dark and stormy ahead. It's only going one way, bringing the girls along with it. In fact, they're even jumping ahead of the train itself.

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

Girls of the past (in GMML costumes behind the screen) peeking into the future? 

[/quote]

That's one thing I didn't like about this MV, was that you could see parts of the GMML outfit through the screen. I think they should have had them in black bathing suits (a tube top and boy shorts) to achieve the nice skin/black background contrast without the GMML sticking out.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Simply amazing!! One of my favorite videos. I love the dark and creepy feel the forest and train gives off. Its like someone mentioned. Its showing how the future is dark and scary but go forward with all you have. I have a feeling I Will be watching this over and over.

Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!