[2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by JPope »

Holy fuck, this is better than I was expecting. More of this, dammit. Much more of this. I don't know if he's a fan of the group or if he just did a bunch of research, but the little inside-baseball references were fantastic. Whoever said that this is the best thing to come from this single nailed it.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by Meikochi »

The director needs to be hired, this MV is great ! There is a real work behind this, a lot of details, which let you watch it several times without getting tired. The cheerlading was cute (dance move from Maji desu ka suka, right ?), the train part and the end are really good as well.
(I just don't really like the part with the white "screen" they rip to see the camera but it's original).
I regret a bit now to not have pre-ordered the edition with it because, who knows, it may have make them keep that guy for future MVs.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Excuse me for being an idiot and forgetting.... but Kanon was not included in this (Another ver.) dance shot.

I just re-realized.

Let's let that sink in.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Because she was still injured.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So ive mentioned it elsewhere, but I do like this single but its probably my least favorite in terms of showing off a new generation. If it wasnt for the PVs, I wouldve not noticed any of the 12th Generation singing and I havent felt that way since Happy Summer Wedding.

I hope by next single they get a lot of solo lines
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Excuse me for being an idiot and forgetting.... but Kanon was not included in this (Another ver.) dance shot.

I just re-realized.

Let's let that sink in.
[/quote]

It does a better job of concealing it, though, because the location they're dancing in is so busy and dark and there's a lot more going on visually to focus on. Plus she's still in the video to some capacity anyway so I ain't even mad.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Yep, the fact that she's still in other parts of this video honestly just makes it look worse that she somehow magically couldn't make it to be in the two they're actually promoting, LOL.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I meant it more as she didn't need to be replaced... granted it was filmed later, so they may have been able to work on the "wrong" formation more, but it wasn't very noticeable that she wasn't there. I know that she couldn't make it to film the close-ups because she was sick in bed, but this just shows to me that the other PVs must have been to promote Karin or J=J, and not for the sake of MM. I mean, we all already knew that and it's beating a dead horse but it's aggravating to see that they, indeed, could have worked around her not being there. I know the setting is different and a bit darker, but even when it focuses on the dance shot you really can't notice she's not there. 

Maybe I'm still just being too salty over this hahaha... after this post I'mma try and let it go~  :party:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I finally watched the MVs.

This single is a snoozefest. Even the 'good' PV falls flat compared to what a lot of groups are putting out. And Seishun's choreo is a mess.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I'm with Anderei. I'll be rather surprised if this manages to sell well, and honestly kind of hope it doesn't so that it maybe inspires management to get their heads out of their asses.

Management has no excuse for this, either. Their last single came out when I graduated from NAVY boot camp: HALF A YEAR AGO. That's more than enough time to produce a decent single, even with new girls.

Speaking of the new girls - maybe it's just the way that they got shafted, but damn are they awkward and boring. Even in the "good" MV, they're all just so dead in the face.
I remember that the 9th gen got me to pay attention to the group again because they were all quirky and cute, and all got a moment to shine. 10th gen's debut sucked, but they still got to show some personality in Pyoko Pyoko Ultra, and were all very fun to watch. Sakura was pretty awesome out of the gate.

I'm just so underwhelmed by everything!!  :facepalm:
Last edited by rallyleo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

Maybe the sloppy choreo has more symbolism. What if the fan base thought that the group would be terrible in terms of dance now that Sayu is gone. I can see symbolism in it. I mean the whole video is full of it. 
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sayumi was never known as an exceptional dancer.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="187065" data-time="1428636979">
I'm with Anderei. I'll be rather surprised if this manages to sell well, and honestly kind of hope it doesn't so that it maybe inspires management to get their heads out of their asses.

</blockquote>I mentioned it before but they're doing the same thing they did for Wagamama post Reina and upping the handshakes so it's probably going to sell well. Assuming they all sell out, those individual handshakes that are coming up will add 13,500 sales alone.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="187065" data-time="1428636979">

</blockquote>
I mentioned it before but they're doing the same thing they did for Wagamama post Reina and upping the handshakes so it's probably going to sell well. Assuming they all sell out, those individual handshakes that are coming up will add 13,500 sales alone.

[/quote]

UFP will never pull their heads out of their asses, lol... They got close with those Kagome ads and the whole "The golden age isn't limited to only happen once" and a couple things here and there, but altogether idk if they'll ever change~
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Okay sooooo apparently Kanon *will* be getting a solo shot with the DVD?

Much confuse but alrighty.....
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They did the same thing with J=J. Edit: released a later version with her, I mean.
Last edited by Zoe on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zoe"]
They did the same thing with J=J. Edit: released a later version with her, I mean.
[/quote]

I'm really only confused because I thought this wasn't going to happen, like... I thought it was for sure she wasn't going to get a DVD edit lol
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

You know, a picture with all the girls name that matches them would be helpful...I have neglected to put names with faces since 9th gen...been so busy with other stuff. Like on the group photo. Make it my background on my computer and learn them that way...
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

You chose a lovely picture Haru !
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MysticForceRed" data-cid="187157" data-time="1429038608">You know, a picture with all the girls name that matches them would be helpful...I have neglected to put names with faces since 9th gen...been so busy with other stuff. Like on the group photo. Make it my background on my computer and learn them that way...</blockquote> 
Here's a really quick background.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

The fuck is there 9 pages of commentary on a single that is being released TOMORROW. Uggghh time to scroll back, find all the released promotions, and inevitably comment on how I can't tell who is who yet. 

Edit:
Seishun: So...I know Morning Musume has had this robotic Perfume thing musically for a long time now, but man is this song indistinguishable.  I...I think I like it? 

The choreography is great and the video is fun to look at. I don't think putting the newbies in for these dramatic and cool closeups is working too well yet (they look so awkward) but everyone is so cute. It is really disorienting to see such a huge group again. The costumes look better in motion than in the photos. 

Is Miyamoto Karin in Morning Musume now? Why is she all over this video? She needs to stop opening her eyes in that unnatural unblinking way. 

Yuugure: The costumes are SO BAD SOOOO BADDDDDD. Again, why is Karin all over the place with her stupid expression? Did I miss something? And AIR PIANO FAIL OMGGG. Cringing all over. 

This PV is pretty generic and on the lower end of Musume PVs. It reminds me of Man Power in a weird way - all the generic generation beauty shots in weird terrible togas. 

Last edited by eri on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

12th gen are pretty distinctive looking which is good since they made about zero effort to make them stand out for their debut. I thought the lack of lines for Rikako and Maho in ANGERME was odd but they made up for it in screen time and I feel like 12th gen didn't even get that. Maybe it's because they don't have a clear idea of who they want to push or something like they usually do.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Solarblade"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtboKJ4D8zg&feature=player_profilepage

Here's the (Another ver.) of Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru...also known as the BIG CHANCE winner's PV

Hands down, I love it...it is conceptually weird...but I was expecting that...

I'm even reading that some people still like the boring dance-shot and close-ups ver.....iono why...no taste maybe XD
[/quote]

Oh this is a lot of fun. The song is growing on me. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Seishun and Yuugure are up on itunes.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2015- ... uugure/Ima Koko Kara debuted at #2 with 78,192 copies sold!</a>

Just little under Toki wo Koe/PI0 :D

Edit: Apart from a handshake ticket do the box sets come with anything extra at all?
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Haha, rip the daily #1s.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The sales that #1 got, never in their dreams.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Holy shit, I was expecting JSB to beat them but not by that much.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Seems like fairly low first day sales than what we're used to. Sayu leaving had more of an impact than I thought. It didn't help that Karin was all over the MVs either.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

lawlawlawlawl wake up UFP :)

They still have time to make a good first week sales, though.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.