[2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by Meikochi »

Seishun grew a bit on me and I love Yuugure !
My ranking now is Yuugure wa Ameagari (someone needs to edit the title of the thread by the way) > Ima Koko Kara > Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru .
I'll get the Regular A. The covers aren't great, not too bad but just bland in my opinion. I was also a bit disappointed that neither or the posters had the Ima Koko Kara's outfits.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="186703" data-time="1427606852"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="186697" data-time="1427602465">

lol if it's a punishment that's seriously so stupid. Let's punish you cause you got inured. Awesome.</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="186699" data-time="1427602743">
I've tried to say this but I can't find the words.

I just wanted to say that is specially bad for Kanon because if she can't be featured on music videos and also she can't perform and the only people who realize that are her fans, is like "ok so we see that you could graduate tomorrow and everything would still be the same". And also I hope she can recover of her injury 100% because if not she will end up like Aika for sure.

And as for the punishment, I know it is Fuji TV's property but wasn't she featured on the train music video? at least in the close-ups with that broken japanese door. I think it was just the flu that Q said.</blockquote>

Miyabi's scandal isn't proven to be true, it may have just been an odd coincidence. But either way it's been a while without a girl getting "punished" in some way (since they've been pretty clean). It doesn't seem that unreasonable to think it an option.

But yes, she was totally sick in bed with the flu and couldn't go :)</blockquote>

A scandal and an injury are a lot different though? I still think it would be crazy stupid to punish someone for getting inured. Replacing Kanon's close ups as a 'punishment' would be especially stupid because it also doesn't benefit the group as a whole in any way lol
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Yeah, there was a thread on 2ch that, when translated to English, had a handful of comments saying Kanon deserves to be upstaged by Karin as some sort of punishment for her injuring herself. That's honestly the most insane thing I've ever read, as if it matters where an injury comes happens (at work or at home), as if her injuring herself matters at all, and as if people should be punished in general for being injured. I don't care for Kanon in the slightest, but I don't get the impression that she planned to be injured just to sabotage the company, so I can't understand why the company would feel the need to punish her. Shit happens, and it sucks, but it's all part of being in a team environment. Sometimes others have to make up for the absence of another. I doubt the Japanese workforce hasn't seen that before, so I don't get the mindgames people are assuming UFP is playing here.
Last edited by showraniy on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=62 ... f">Seishun and Yuugure full song performances from Hina Fest</a>

Their dancing looks pretty clean and sharp for Seishun. Even Harunan has improved! She had a bit more sharpness in her movements. Those twirls they do in Yuugure look nice too.

I wonder if a possible reason for not giving 12th gen lines, is because they want them to focus on the dancing. In Kenshuusei, when they get new girls, they only dance because they want them only to focus on one thing. And if a girl is weak at dancing or singing they'll pull her if it's a group song with everyone. Maybe they're worried 12th gen might become too concentrated on dancing they might forget a line. If they have shared lines, at leas one or more persons will be singing. Even though Maria and Akane were in KSS, being in a group and having to memorize a lot of songs and dances for the first time (they're doing their concert tour too) is a lot more demanding.

Because for 9th and 10th gen they had relatively simple dances, but the girls with no dance experience had trouble with. Kanon said she cried and Erin said she was really slow at first. I'm sure Harunan had a difficult time with even Pyoko when she first started. With Sakura, they kind of were just beginning their dance formation phase, plus she was already lined up to be a vocal front girl.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Morning Musume's dances really work well on a 360 stage because they can be tailored in such a way that it isn't awkward. I like that. I hope if they do a concert like the 2004 Spring concert again because I think it would be interesting. (Example)

Seishun looked a bit messy to me in parts, like I know they were trying to do something interesting with the dance but it didn't look cohesive enough. I prefer Yuugure over Seishun. Though if I'm honest with myself I don't really like this single at all so I should just shut my mouth. :D 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

Now that I've seen Yuugure's full dance, I'm actually very happy with it. They're doing full on chaines turns rather than the fake kind of thing the did for Toki Sora. They even have ballet arm placement! (not that its perfect). Its pretty and they all seem to be adapting pretty well to it.

The dancing in Seishun is so goofy though I just laugh when I watch it.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think Seishun has a cool dance, I like it.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

So far the only thing I like about this single is Seishun (except I am pissed about the video thing) and the costumes from Ima Koko Kara.  So looks like I might just buy Seishun on iTunes MAYBE.  
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm really growing to like Yuugure. Neither of them really made a huge impression on me at first, but I think Yuugure is coming out on top overall. I like Seishun too, but I can't even remember it after hearing it three minutes ago, so I figure it's a flop for me.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Promotion Edits are up!~

Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru, Yuugure wa Ameagari (will edit if more come up.)

The Seishun PV doesn't feel cohesive *at all*. Not enjoyable to watch... So confused. Also, yes, both are FILLED with Karin. If I were 11th gen or higher, I'd be *pissed* she took--pretty much--the center.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Too much Karin. Both PV's were conceptually boring. Yuugure was the more interesting of the two. Now give us the train PV!!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

get the fuck outta here, Karin
My thought during the video. I also was kind of boring to watch, maybe they've done that before but it's the first time I find their close-ups repetitive...
Image Hey
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Yuugure is such a beautiful PV. Seishun is the best song out of this single and Yuugure has the best PV out of all three songs, unless we get to see the train version of Seishun...

Also, the piano part of Yuugure reminds me of The Neverending Story theme song lol
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I think Karin may have had as much, if not more, screen time than any of the actual lead singers in the group, LOL.  Predictable.
I really like the songs this single but the videos are both disappointing.  Yuugure is one step away from Matenrou Show level cheapness and the editing on Seishun is weirdly disjointed and badly done?
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Karin needs to just fuck right the fuck off.

My SO who's still new to H!P but I'm slowly dragging him in asked if this was an April Fools prank. That's how sad this is.
Last edited by Haru on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I just realized this single was supposed to be about *12th gen*, but they're being overshadowed by Karin. Of course it's not Karin's fault, but I can't believe she had the most solo shots of everyone for both PV's, that's ridiculous.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I can't believe she had any solo shots.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I like both songs but yes the PVs suck.  I wish they would find more interesting things for the girls to do instead of just dance an look pretty.

Also I hope none of you are really blaming Karin for this mess.  Its not like she walked in and made them do it.  If your gonna tell someone to fuck off, tell the right person!

Made by Haru!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mugi" data-cid="186853" data-time="1427909818">
Also I hope none of you are really blaming Karin for this mess. Its not like she walked in and made them do it. If your gonna tell someone to fuck off, tell the right person!</blockquote>

Unfortunately Karin is a scapegoat.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I don't really blame Karin for this and I don't think anyone here is blaming her either. Although I'm personally getting fed up with certain fans on other sites blindly overpraising Karin for appearing in the PV because Zukki is their least favorite.

Also what the hell was with those untranslated blocks of ALL CAPS ROMAJI?

This is just an entire mess.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

The romaji is apparently part of a poem called the Iroha, but I don't know why they couldn't just take the translation from Wikipedia @___@ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroha

E - Oh looks like they possibly used the archaic Japanese? I can't check the video but that could explain it lol
Last edited by Haru on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Because Iroha is like a weird alternative "ABCs" type thing for Japan.  Like we have alphabetical order, and they have either...kana order?  I actually don't know what that is really called, or Iroha order.  So...it is almost like them saying weird ABCs.  Since it is a poem that supposedly uses one of each syllable once.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Someone made a "Karin-free" version. I find it both amusing and sad that people actually care this much?

Edit: I want to clarify. No, it's not cool that Kanon was replaced to this degree. I just think that it's a bit over the top to care so much, like the people on the YT comments and such that are freaking out over it.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It's not just that Kanon was replaced... she was replaced and girls who are technically Karin's seniors got overshadowed and screwed. I don't think it's that odd to get worked up about.... Imagine LinLin being out sick and Miyabi replacing her and taking most of the solo shots in *both* PVs. It just doesn't make any logical sense, editing-wise or promotion-wise. How is this promoting Morning Musume? That's what the title of the video is--a promotional edit. 

As much as Karin wanted to join MM, she is not a member of Morning Musume. It's not her fault, but it doesn't help MM, either. Btw not attacking you since I know you agreed, just irritated about it still, lol

<div> </div>
<div>
[quote="Haru"]
The romaji is apparently part of a poem called the Iroha, but I don't know why they couldn't just take the translation from Wikipedia @___@ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroha

E - Oh looks like they possibly used the archaic Japanese? I can't check the video but that could explain it lol
[/quote]

[quote="yuzu"]
Because Iroha is like a weird alternative "ABCs" type thing for Japan.  Like we have alphabetical order, and they have either...kana order?  I actually don't know what that is really called, or Iroha order.  So...it is almost like them saying weird ABCs.  Since it is a poem that supposedly uses one of each syllable once.
[/quote]
<div> </div>
<div>Also, I think from a translating point of view, to translate this would be hell. Because such a short phrase as "Irohanihoeto" translates to "Even the blossoming flowers [Colors are fragnant, but they]" or "Although its scent still lingers on," translating this whole first part of the poem is quite long for how quickly it is said in Japanese.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>As someone who reads subtitles, you'd be reading "irohanihoeto chirinuru wo" as "although its scent still lingers on, the form of the flower has scattered away" in about 3 seconds (not exaggerating.) Then again for "wagayotarezo tsunenaran" which is "For whom will the glory of this world remain unchanged?" in another 3 seconds. Japanese listeners will understand right away, and it will make the foreign fanbase learn a part of Japanese culture :)</div>
</div>

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Very cool, I was wondering about those untranslated caps  parts, so I'm glad to see it's something legitimately very cool. It maaaay be a little sad though that there is more beauty in 6 seconds of someone else's lyrics than the rest penned by UFP's writer(s). Not saying pop has to be deep and meaningful, but it's just a funny thought for me how beautiful those lines are, and how comparatively bad they make the rest of the lyrics look. Having said that, I do like the message in Yuugure a lot, and I think it's written specifically about the MM girls themselves moving into Tokyo from their hometowns and dealing with a new foreign world where they strive to do their best. I like the message and it's presented in a very touching way.

As for Karin, I don't care nearly as much as everyone else does, but I would rather have her close-ups cut down considerably in the final edits of this video. I get it, I really do, and I even think it's smart on UFP's side to promote a smaller group in this way, but it's done at the expense of Kanon and I can't even imagine how shitty she must be feeling to be so gleefully replaced by her own company.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

It's really strange how much Karin there is. I like Karin, so I don't mind that much, but it's just... completely bizarre.

Putting that aside, I'm pretty disappointed that Haruka hasn't been pushed into some sort of secondary vocal role with this single. Sayumi leaving opened up a spot, so I thought it would finally be her time. She is, admittedly, not that consistent of a singer, but she's certainly better than some of the other girls that regularly get lines, so I really don't get why they aren't doing it. She's popular and a capable performer. It doesn't make any sense. 
Last edited by Banana on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They're so big on establishing precedence that since it hadn't happened by now, I'm not sure it ever will.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm surprised about Haruka too. I was sure she would get her Hitomi like lead single. But it seems that's not the case yet. I guess she's more the face of Musume (like Mizuki) and not the voice of Musume. 

On Jplop they have a tally of girl screen time in Yuugure and Seishun. Karin got more solo screen time then any girl. Also to note. Ayumi didn't get a single solo shot in Yuugure. (Anyone else besides me find that ironic?) But it doesn't take into account that she wasn't in any of the group shots. She's was all by herself in every shot. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

What bothers me about Karin in Seishun Kozou is that many of her solo shots are completely uninteresting. I actually took screenshots but my computer is being stupid slow so I don't have the patience to upload them, but...

0:35
0:55
1:14

All in the span of 40 seconds we have shots of Karin doing absolute nothing. 0:35 and 1:14 almost look like the same thing. I know members staring into space during the PV isn't unusual, but these just came at the most awkward times (twice when people were singing). All the other members have mostly scenes of them either with that umbrella or singing (12th gen has more of a balance, but they're special... :P). I know I sound picky, but these particular shots just bother me every time I watch it. Fortunately it gets a lot better toward the end of the song.

I don't know if it's Karin's fault or the editor's fault, but all I'm saying is: if you're gonna shove Karin down our throats, at least choose some more flattering shots. Please.

(This may actually be why I've never cared for Karin much... she seems to mostly alternate between, like, two expressions in PVs. I think I had the same problem with Mizuki until recently.)

<div>
<div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;color:rgb(34,34,34);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">
[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I'm surprised about Haruka too. I was sure she would get her Hitomi like lead single. But it seems that's not the case yet. I guess she's more the face of Musume (like Mizuki) and not the voice of Musume. 

On Jplop they have a tally of girl screen time in Yuugure and Seishun. Karin got more solo screen time then any girl. Also to note. Ayumi didn't get a single solo shot in Yuugure. (Anyone else besides me find that ironic?) But it doesn't take into account that she wasn't in any of the group shots. She's was all by herself in every shot. 
</div>
<div> [/quote]
</div>
</div>

I found it a little funny reading through YouTube comments that most of the English ones were "Go away Karin / I miss Zukki", whereas the top Japanese ones were like "Why no Daishi solo shots???"
Last edited by WonderBuono on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I can't view the shots right now, but I know exactly which ones you're talking about and they are very awkwardly done. I agree that the producer likely didn't give her good direction, if he even gave her direction to begin with.