Who's next to go from Morning Musume?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

eri
ANGERME

Re: Who's next to go from Morning Musume?

Post by eri »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="185044" data-time="1424370439">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="185043" data-time="1424368320">

P.S. @ Eri: Ayumi is GORGEOUS :tongue:
</blockquote>
Yes. :thumbsup:

Now I'm outie.</blockquote>
Thirding that. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

[/quote]
:lol:

I don't know. I never found her very pretty - she's cute but still very ordinary. She has a Yasuda vibe, which isn't necessarily bad. I feel the same way about many of the other members (ie. not that pretty) but each of them are more...memorable? Or unusual looking? Hard to explain.

Then again, I am also someone who finds Goto Maki to look really really weird and everyone else thinks she's this super model goddess. Maki's weirdness makes her beautiful but also grotesque at times. In other words, take my view of beauty with a grain of salt haha. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't find Goto pretty either...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's an unconventional beauty, imo. But luckily an idol doesn't need to be modelesque. In fact the only one I think who truly is is Koharu, as much as a lot of people here probably don't want to hear it.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="185065" data-time="1424381216">I never found her very pretty - she's cute but still very ordinary. She has a Yasuda vibe, which isn't necessarily bad. I feel the same way about many of the other members (ie. not that pretty) but each of them are more...memorable? Or unusual looking? Hard to explain.</blockquote>
Ayumi is one of the most unique musumes with her brown eyes.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I thought she wears brown contacts? Because her eyes weren't that brown during her audition.

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="185065" data-time="1424381216">
I never found her very pretty - she's cute but still very ordinary. She has a Yasuda vibe, which isn't necessarily bad. I feel the same way about many of the other members (ie. not that pretty) but each of them are more...memorable? Or unusual looking? Hard to explain.
</blockquote>

Ayumi is one of the most unique musumes with her brown eyes.

[/quote]

I never noticed, which suggests otherwise :lol:

Anyway but seriously, they probably won't have any graduations right? MM is barely on their resurgence and they need to feel things out still post-Sayumi.

If it does come down to it, maybe it'll be Iikubo or Fuku because they usually go with senior members first. They will be spared if the powers that be decide to gun for another H!P soloist (unlikely) or if someone leaves by choice.  None of the current girls seem to be all that active outside of H!P yet right? 
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I know a lot of people want Kanon to go but she's their most popular variety member so I don't think they would get rid of her when she brings a lot of publicity to the group.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="185069" data-time="1424382917">I don't find Goto pretty either...</blockquote>As I always said back in the day, she looked better as a boy (aka Yuuki)  :whistling:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="smtmissin"]
I thought she wears brown contacts? Because her eyes weren't that brown during her audition.
[/quote]
First joined. Sayu's concert.
Not being rude, just providing pictures for your comparison. Your hair color does have an effect of how your eyes are perceived.
Last edited by star on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Molly"]
I know a lot of people want Kanon to go but she's their most popular variety member so I don't think they would get rid of her when she brings a lot of publicity to the group.
[/quote]

The thing is the company doesn't really rely on variety/tv as much as they did in the past... It feels like it's something uncommon to hear MM is on a show. She's got the radio show which gives her a boost and she's usually good on shows, but so are 10th gen--including Maa-chan (if they let her speak), Erina and possibly some of the new girls once they join in and warm up.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think Molly is referring to solo appearances. Kanon has arguably had the more prominent ones. She's at least definitely had THE biggest one.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Star"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="185079" data-time="1424386910">
<div>
[/quote]
First joined. Sayu's concert.
Not being rude, just providing pictures for your comparison. Your hair color does have an effect of how your eyes are perceived.

</div>
</blockquote>
A good example of her eyes.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="185030" data-time="1424358831">1. Haruna- No reason other than that by being the oldest she's probably the next one to actually go.</blockquote>
That's why I picked her, I think once people hit early 20's they start wondering "what's next?" I just feel that way ever since I read BK's reasoning on why they decided on hiatus.

My other two choices were Erina and Ayumi.

I like Erina, but I think she has a hard time finding her "niche" or whatever in MM and she can't really fill any of the ones she wants.

Ayumi because I don't think she does much. A lot of you picked Kanon, but she has a radio show right now and I'm not sure she would leave for a while.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't think having a radio show would stop anyone if they wanted to leave.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
I feel sorry for all you people who haven't accepted Masaki into your life. She's legitimately the most musically talented girl to ever be in the group.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

I fucked up and only voted for one, having not read past the thread title. 

<div>Iikubo Haruna - Aside from the fact that she's the oldest of the group, she's not very talented. Just let her get on with her modeling career.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Ikuta Erina - She strikes me as kind of a pill. I have no idea if this is true, but it's the vibe I get, anyway. She's not particularly talented, either.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Fukumura Mizuki - I have nothing against her, but she's never stood out to me, and she's one of the older members that has been there the longest.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>With regards to Suzuki, I get why so many people are hot to kick her out. I like her, but I get it. Here's the thing, though: Up Front seems to be more interested in their overseas audience than ever, and her popularity outside of Japan will probably keep her safe for at least the next round of graduations. I think she'll actually get some opportunities to distinguish herself in the coming months.</div>
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Kuduu's face while reading this thread:
du.jpg
[tinytext]Couldn't resist, sorry.[/tinytext]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I noticed she wasn't getting any votes! Good job, BBSers.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Duu and Oda are the only untouchables from my perspective, so indeed, good job!  :thumbsup:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Duu is just perfect.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She is the embodiment of perfection.
sukibeam
Kenshuusei

Post by sukibeam »

1) Iikubo - Her role in the group is pointless now. She was meant to be a bridge between Mizuki and Aika and other remaining PE members, but now they're all gone. She also helped control Masaki and helped to settle in-gen-arguments, but (though some in here would clearly dispute this) Masaki has really grown up a lot since Reina left. Honey is a sweet girl, but she really doesn't bring anything unique to the group anymore. She has good talk skills, but so do Duu and Eripon. She'd be the first on my chopping block.

2) Suzuki - I really enjoy her a lot, and I think she's hilarious and has the brass to become a top-notch variety queen if she applied herself. As it is, she isn't overly ambitious. Al described her as dead weight, and I sort of agree. That's really what she and Iikubo are when it comes to MM performances and promotion. She has a great voice (which she is learning to get under control), but it's hardly utilized for MM-purposes and she (self-admittedly) has no confidence in it where live performances are concerned. Zukki really only seems interested in H!P and not idoling in general, so I figure if I had to chop a 2nd person out it's best to just speed up the inevitable and let her return to a normal life while she's still young enough to enjoy being her age. They really aren't going out of their way to promote her anyway.

3) Oda - Hear me out. Oda is undeniably MM's most versatile singer at the moment, but her charisma is absolutely flat. Even in behind-the-scene stuff she is so mild. People called Aibutt boring, but at least off stage she was hilarity incarnate (God, I miss her man screams). Oda really only has her voice to offer MM (and all 2 of her go-to poses) while some of the girls could make up for the vocals given a little proper training. I really think if/when H!P enlists another soloist, Oda could be another ManoEri - small but steady fan-base. I still like the girl, but it's frustrating having someone so cardboard getting more face/voice time than someone whose charisma might actually bring in more attention. I get that some people like the meek and mild, but for me it's getting boring. It's just such a shame because she really does have a great voice.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Can I ask who you think the girls with more charisma are? I can't think of anyone hate both charismatic and could also potentially be as good as Sakura.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I wonder if that's a result of her not having any generation mates though...

Imo Odakyo has plenty of charm.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
sukibeam
Kenshuusei

Post by sukibeam »

I would say the current girls with charisma and who have the potential to be suitable lead singers (again, given some extra training) are Maa and Duu. Ikuta and Ishida have the charisma but not quite the singing chops. Anyhow, both can work the camera while performing and also interact really well with others on tv (though apparently Maa is being held back by management, according to rumors?). I could never see kind Oda trying to kick an old guy in the face or play a prank on the host. She also doesn't put herself out there like Ikuta or Zukki either. It's just frustrating when she unleashes this awesome voice during performance but then is utterly forgettable during interviews.

As for singing... now, I know Maa is definitely not everyone's cup of tea personality-wise, but she is a versatile singer who actually sings pretty damn well when not doing a child-like register. Duu has a lower range, but her voice is just as pleasant as Fukuhime's.

Truly, please don't think I was dissing Oda. I see so much potential for her but her shyness and mild character are holding her back from really breaking out.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think that's what great about groups though, that there are different types of girls. Because different people are attracted to different qualities, so there's someone for everyone!

I mean, my top 2 are Eripon and Ayumin, but I wouldn't want a group full of them. They'd all be too similar (and sound horrible).

I agree Sakura could have a stronger "character" though. Mizuki too. But I like them as they are now anyways.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, let's throw out one of the only decent singers from a group full of tin-ears. 
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="sukibeam"]

3) Oda - Hear me out. Oda is undeniably MM's most versatile singer at the moment, but her charisma is absolutely flat. Even in behind-the-scene stuff she is so mild. People called Aibutt boring, but at least off stage she was hilarity incarnate (God, I miss her man screams). Oda really only has her voice to offer MM (and all 2 of her go-to poses) while some of the girls could make up for the vocals given a little proper training. I really think if/when H!P enlists another soloist, Oda could be another ManoEri - small but steady fan-base. I still like the girl, but it's frustrating having someone so cardboard getting more face/voice time than someone whose charisma might actually bring in more attention. I get that some people like the meek and mild, but for me it's getting boring. It's just such a shame because she really does have a great voice.
[/quote]

[quote="JPope"]
Yeah, let's throw out one of the only decent singers from a group full of tin-ears. 
[/quote]

First, who is Aibutt?  I can't keep track of all these nicknames.

Second, a word about Oda. I don't get meek and mild from her at all. She's reserved, in a graceful, very Japanese way. She's the only one in H!P now who reminds me of classic Japanese singers. e.g. Hibari Misora, and the first one since Yuki Maeda. Just think if Yuki had been in MM back when she started. Which would not have been a bad thing at all (just check out her shuffle unit work, e.g. "Get Up! Rapper").  I could easily see Oda in a new film version of "The Izu Dancer." (Maki Goto played the part in a TV movie once upon a time.) I see her sitting in the hall of an inn, kneeling and playing the samisen and then getting up to dance for the inn residents.

I want to hear her do enka.

Last edited by Madara on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Aibutt is Takahashi Ai.
sukibeam
Kenshuusei

Post by sukibeam »

^ Thanks lol, sometimes I forget there are fans who aren't familiar with that XD

^^ Have a look through some of Takahashi's old photobooks and behold the butt. Someone even made a fan compilation book of just butt shots ~2008 or 2009.
Last edited by sukibeam on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Sukibeam, you're the Sukibeam on H!O, yeah?