Who's next to go from Morning Musume?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Who's next to go from Morning Musume?

Post by momoirosaya »

12th gen can gtfo.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mukuro"]
I'm going to say Iikubo until she finally leaves.
[/quote]

Me too!

[quote="Thea"]
Honestly everyone but Fuku, Sakura, Ayumi, and Kudou need to go.
[/quote]

Add Masaki, and I agree.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Iikubo is probably going to go eventually. Personally, I hope Mizuki, Ikuta, and Maria leave soon.
Iikubo is probably going to go eventually. Personally, I hope Mizuki, Ikuta, and Maria leave soon.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mukuro" data-cid="196032" data-time="1458832427">
<div>
[/quote]

Me too!

</div>
</blockquote>

Y'all can say Iikubo all you want, but it seems they've actually... been... pushing her. I think she gets more solos than Erina or Kanon, though I can't be sure. She's opened in Mr.Moonlight, had solos in Wolf Boy and Moonlight night... I think they're gonna use her a bit more before she decides to leave/gets kicked out.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="196042" data-time="1458847523">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mukuro" data-cid="196032" data-time="1458832427">
<div>
[/quote]

Me too!

</div>
</blockquote>

Y'all can say Iikubo all you want, but it seems they've actually... been... pushing her. I think she gets more solos than Erina or Kanon, though I can't be sure. She's opened in Mr.Moonlight, had solos in Wolf Boy and Moonlight night... I think they're gonna use her a bit more before she decides to leave/gets kicked out.

</div>
</blockquote>

This encapsulates everything that's currently wrong with MM. Thank god for ANGERME.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

TicTac is exaggerating. She occasionally gets tiny lines here and there. She's not pushed heavily at all.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="196092" data-time="1459169627">
This encapsulates everything that's currently wrong with MM. Thank god for ANGERME.
</blockquote>

I can't second this enough.

But regarding Iikubo lines, she took on some of Sayu's lines since she left, and with another main member gone they have to distribute live lines between them somehow. Getting some lines in a concert does not equate to being pushed. Lines in a single are what matters.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I guess it's true she hasn't had any big lines in a single (thought that could change) but what I meant by my comment was more that they're not still trying to keep her completely in the back (at least for performances.) With Kanon graduating and Erina always begging for solo lines, there's two 9ki members who could dominate all the lines they don't want to give to the good singers... Yet she seems on par if not getting more solos than Erina, it feels. It's true we'd have to wait to see if she ever gets pushed on a single, but they're not completely shunning her out yet.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, I was mostly taking about how one of your two examples is a nearly three year old song where she got two short lines. I can understand her taking over Sayumi's vocals since they're on about the same level vocally.

It's not as if Angerme isn't pushing their weaker vocalists too though. Rina, Rikako and Maho aren't amazing in any sense of the word, they're just not overwhelmingly awful like the weak MM girls. Every line they get is still one someone else could have done way better.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Rikako would easily be in the top half of vocalists in MM, which is more of an indictment of MM than praise for Rikako. I don't think she's as poor a singer as some do, though. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Harunan is a fine member! But yeah she's not a performer. In seriously no way. I do love her though and would hate to see her go. However, her age is probably the other big factor, and now that they're building up the other Haruna as a personality they'll probably let her go soon.

Personally the member I'd miss the least would be Mizuki. Even though I like her more than Erina and Masaki I think the other two are a lot more interesting and have room to improve while Mizuki pretty much stagnates.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Personally the member I'd miss the least would be Mizuki. Even though I like her more than Erina and Masaki I think the other two are a lot more interesting and have room to improve while Mizuki pretty much stagnates.
[/quote]

I thought the same thing, then they graduated Riho and Zukki. Now, they honestly need her, for no other reason than stability. She's decent enough at everything, and as much as I like Kudo and Sato, I don't think either are ready take on the amount of work that Mizuki's departure would leave them. By saddling the group with the non-talents of the 12th gen, they really can't afford to cut even half-way talented girls loose.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Mizuki is also their most popular member. She's been up there for quite some time now. Haruka comes close, but Masaki is a mid-tier girl.

I thought Mizuki was really good when I saw them. It was obvious why she sang the most after Sakura.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Not saying she's bad, but I think she's been on that level for maybe 1-2 years now. It's true, she is the most stable member (probably even more than Sakura), but personally I wouldn't miss her =3= Sales-wise and performance-wise, maybe at some point when everything else is going downhill. I'm not really happy with MM at the moment.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Is there a posibility to update the poll (start a new one)? 
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana: