Mano Erina is my spirit guide

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

eri
ANGERME

Mano Erina is my spirit guide

Post by eri »

I know she was a terrible singer and sort of weird, retro soloist. I also admit I first only paid attention to her because she was cute :lol:
But having been reading her blog off and on for the past year (translating a few too) and following her very interesting career development, I realized something.

Mano Erina is FUCKING DEEP. She's SELF AWARE. She's GOAL ORIENTED. She needs her own thread.

You know how I know? Because I translated so many daily blogs of all H!P artists and not a single girl (regardless of age) writes like Mano. Most of the girls write about cute things, try to be funny, things they did that day. Mano? She writes about what it means to find your path in life and be challenged as an independent adult. I mean, she doesn't do this every day but a good percentage of her blog posts are pretty introspective.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

This year just flew by in a flash huh.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">But, compared to everything until now I really feel like I’m alive and I felt like I’m properly carving out my own path.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">...I can’t express it very well in a concrete way but I feel like the path that I’ve been walking on has become clearer to me bit by bit.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">Every day my way of thinking changes on where my goals are, on if there is an end, or on where my final destination might be. So, even though I don’t know anything for sure  it is my life so
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I want to live without regret. 
</blockquote>

Today makes 6 years since
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">my major debut

on 3/18/2006.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">...I’ll be 24 years old pretty soon and
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I really feel how fast time goes by, truly.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">The me from 6 years earlier

could never at all predict

the path that the me of today is walking down.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I don’t know if the me of today could walk the path

that I had wanted 6 years ago but

the me right now feels very fulfilled by

the path I am walking down ^ ^
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I hit so many walls

and couldn’t move forward whatsoever

and thought that my path was just closed to me. But,

I found my own way of thinking

and properly overcame it, I think.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">When I worry, struggle,

and feel like I’m having fun

in the daily practice for my stage play these days

I really feel incredibly fulfilled.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I don’t want to lose the possibilities

and don’t think things are 0

so I will keep on pushing forward

so my dream can take shape, little by little. 
</blockquote>

I get all emotionally tangled up when translating like 25% of her blog posts. I feel like she's giving me life lessons, even though she's like 1293102983 years younger than me. 

Anyway, I'm going to post some Mano life lessons as they come up. It will also force me to keep up with her blog. 

HOW HAS MANO CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

Last edited by eri on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Re: Mano Erina is my spirit guide

Post by Elpis »

Mano hasn't necessarily changed my life but I agree with you. Her blog posts are some of the few of the OG that I read. I agree she is awesome.

She had some cool songs such as Tasogare kousaten, song for the date, (and the lesser known uchi e kaerou).
Formerly Mizura
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Mano has walked on the moon.

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Mano Erina says:

Live a balanced life outside work.

With practice day after day
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I don’t really feel like seeing people

and come home right away once its over. But,

I met up with friends for the first time in a while.
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">...
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;">
Times like this are also important!!!

Thinking about the play for the entire day

my head is stuffed full of Better Half

and my hands are too full for anything else.

So like, even though I don’t have a lot of mental room

I feel like I’ve calmed down a little
</div>
</blockquote>

shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

I do have to agree that Mano does write some pretty inspiring and deep blog posts. If I wasn't given her to prep, I don't know whether I would have started to read the translated posts ^^ I want to take this chance to thank eri and Yuki for translating though ^^