[2015.07.22] ANGERME - Nanakorobi Yaoki / Gashin Shoutan / Mahoutsukai Sally

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2015.07.22] ANGERME - Nanakorobi Yaoki / Gashin Shoutan / Mahoutsukai Sally

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="189278" data-time="1435327423">
For as much as I like the song, that was disappointing. Something didn't seem to fit with the song but I can't tell what; it just feels off. The girls look quite uninthused from what I can see of their faces (I'm on my phone) and I feel like this song would be a perfect opportunity I play with cute and wacky faces and over exaggerate things. I would have liked to see more shots of the girls practicing magic instead if just one each. Maybe something like they all fail in the beginning but perfect it by the end. That would have been nice.

Edit: The girls practicing magic refers to 3ki only since there are only shots of them practicing.</blockquote>They look happy to me. The quality is terrible though and you watched it on such a small screen. You'll probably feel differently with a better quality picture.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Re: [2015.07.22] ANGERME - Nanakorobi Yaoki / Gashin Shoutan / Mahoutsukai Sally

Post by star »

I watched it again on my computer and they do look happy, but something still doesn't seem to fit. I think my expectations were just too high for this one, but its still nice for what it is.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The quality was bad, but I like the song a lot. The MV isn't the greatest, but I like it a ton more than the preview for Gashin Shoutan.
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

It looked like the only girls not practicing magic were Mizuki, Meimi, and Akari (I think?).

<div> </div>
<div>
[quote="Thea"] [/quote]
</div>
Kana really improved in the last year. 
Last edited by Purin-chama on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Best part of the Maho PV. When they make these faces during the dance. They do it a couple of times too. Rikako and Meimi have the best over reacted expressions. Image
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u63XY0OuZ_g

Here's a full HD version. Seeing it in higher quality helps a lot.
Formerly Mizura
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Gashin Shoutan MV is out !

I like the song a little more. And you're right Saya, she's leaving soon so it's ok to have a lot of her (since she is a good singer and everyone got to sing).
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm really loving this 9 member line up. I feel like 2nd gen is so solid now and on 1st gens level, but 3rd gen adds this fresh feeling.

Too bad they probably only have one single left before aka on leaves and 4th gen joins. Really really hoping for one last album before Kanon leaves.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
I'm really loving this 9 member line up. I feel like 2nd gen is so solid now and on 1st gens level, but 3rd gen adds this fresh feeling.

Too bad they probably only have one single left before aka on leaves and 4th gen joins. Really really hoping for one last album before Kanon leaves.
[/quote]

How far ahead do they usually announce album before it's released?? If she graduates in "fall" isn't it getting kind of close? =o
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="189371" data-time="1435623056"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="189368" data-time="1435619839">

Too bad they probably only have one single left before aka on leaves and 4th gen joins. Really really hoping for one last album before Kanon leaves.</blockquote>

How far ahead do they usually announce album before it's released?? If she graduates in "fall" isn't it getting kind of close? =o</blockquote>
She graduates 11/29, so that's still enough time to release album before or during their tour.

Usually they announce it 2 months in advance. I've seen less though before.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Reg A

Reg B

Reg C

Lim A

Lim B

Lim C

They're doing the English shit again.... but I like both of the Sally covers.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

For once there isn't a cover that I dislike.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I honestly love them all.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The Limited covers are really cute
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Reg C is my favorite, but wow, they did a great job with all of them.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Thea"]
They're doing the English shit again...
[/quote]

I'm afraid it will just "encourage" people to not learn the original title ; I've never thought to this until I saw people on YouTube refering to some songs with their English translation and it's really weird in my opinion...

Both Sally's cover are lovely (limited one is my favorite) !

H!S preview was way too short but the song will for sure be my favorite of the single ! It's lively and quite cute, but not too much. There's just one dance movement that make me feel uneasy, when Rikako sings at the beginning and the others, on the ground, are raising up their legs..
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

This single is pretty solid. Just watched the full MV's of Sally and Gashin Shoutan... I'm not sure which song is my favorite of the triple A-side! Everyone sounds awesome and right now, ANGERME is a completely solid group. S/mileage always had my attention (even if I was one of the few people who did not care for Yuuka). With each generation, they seem to be getting better. It's nice to see how much they feature every single member this single as well. Watching Gashin made me wonder who was leaving with the upcoming auditions. It looks like they had a blast shooting the video, which is why it's my favorite. Rina really stood out to me in that song as well, and I normally don't even notice her.... 
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Rina has stepped up her game it seems with all three PVs so happy shes finally standing out now, to be honest this is a way better single than their last one just because everyone got to shine
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

People keep saying they're being put off by Kanon's dancing in Nanakorobi but... I don't really see anything about her that stands out from the other two? LOL am I just missing something?

It's so exciting to see H!P graphics that actually look like they were put together by someone with a degree for once.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I think it's the face she's making paired with the dancing for me.  I can't really explain it.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Farrah"]
People keep saying they're being put off by Kanon's dancing in Nanakorobi but... I don't really see anything about her that stands out from the other two? LOL am I just missing something?
[/quote]
[quote="yuzu"]
I think it's the face she's making paired with the dancing for me.  I can't really explain it.
[/quote]

The dance has some suggestive moves and she's doing them with a "mysterious smile" (suggestive look to me, cf 1:34 for example). And that hairstyle at her age makes me uncomfortable, just like when Sayumi did it.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't see it either Farrah.

I think her hair style is cute! Same with Sayu. I think if it works then take advantage of it while it lasts.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Me too I think she's cute with that twin tails and I haven't been caring for her for a long time now. Unlike Sayu, she's still young and her face is childish so that hairstyle still fits her. She looks 17-18 to me. And when she dance like that with that chubby figure and twintails it makes me think about a rolling fur of ball and I think that's cute.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This might be the best collection of covers for any release in the history of H!P. Every one of those is a winner.

I have no problem with adding English titles. Who cares if people learn the Japanese titles or not, so long as they are listening to the music? 

I like each of the songs on this, too. From a strict music standpoint, Angerme has become my favorite current H!P group.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I would buy all except Lim C on vinyl just because the covers are so good. :lol:

The English fits surprisingly well. I like it, as long as they don't overuse it. Makes me think of how many C-pop artists have official English titles for their songs which are recognized more than the original Chinese ones.

I like their Sally cover, it's pretty cool though not as cool as the GO!GO!7188 one. =3= Didn't hear the other two songs yet.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I heard the two non-Sally songs for really the first time yesterday. Last night I had Nanakorobi stuck in my head, but now I can't remember it. Oppositely, Gashin Shoutan is now in my head. SO I think today is the day I will listen to them all on repeat.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]
I would buy all except Lim C on vinyl just because the covers are so good. :lol:

The English fits surprisingly well. I like it, as long as they don't overuse it. Makes me think of how many C-pop artists have official English titles for their songs which are recognized more than the original Chinese ones.

I like their Sally cover, it's pretty cool though not as cool as the GO!GO!7188 one. =3= Didn't hear the other two songs yet.
[/quote]

Few groups can best Go!Go! 7188 at anything.

I think the English titles are being employed specifically to fit the 60s retro style of cover art they've apparently decided to make a consistent thing with ANGERME -- which, btw, I absolutely love. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I like Gashin Shoutan. I love Nanakorobi Yaoki. But now I can't listen to Sally.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Sally is my favorite. I like Nabakorobi. Gas him* is meh to me.

*this was a funny autocorrect so I'm going to leave it
Last edited by star on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>