Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

Post by JPope »

I don't see the "blaming the family" that others are seeing. It seems to me that the two parties were simply unable to reach an agreement. Could it be that UF was playing hardball? Sure, although she was already under contract, as it was terminated "midway," so it would seem that if anyone was trying to leverage the other, it was the family pushing UF for better terms. Then again, it could simply be that the family really was moving away, and could not make accommodations to allow Uta to continue her idol activities.

Corporate press releases like this one are frustrating because they only hint at details, but I don't like to assume that they do this just to protect their own reputation. Making unreasonable family demands public would make them look petty and unprofessional, too. There is no upside to providing any more details than they have. 

I feel bad for Uta, since she probably didn't have any meaningful voice in the discussions, and it's not yet evident that she wanted to quit.  
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Has anyone mentioned that her mother was a former idol?
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
[/quote]
That does throw a whole new perspective into what happened. If it was over the negotiations in the contract, it kinda makes sense for her parents to take her out of the group. Her mother knows the industry and doesn't want her daughter to be taken advantage or is looking out her to make sure she gets the most out of the contract.
Last edited by mrsross on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Her mother is the one that submitted her application form behind Uta's back.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

First Aina, now Uta. The best girls in the group are the first f*cking one to leave. Now I have no reason to follow Country Girls any more. Uta's hair arrangement will always be in my heart :(.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
[/quote]

First I've heard of it. Interesting.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She was an idol in 1998, Shimamura Natsumi.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The other members have now posted their feelings about Uta leaving. They're very sad to read.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I saw Country Girls perform at the Morning Musume Budokan concert. Uta had the most amount of cheers by faaaaaaar. My impression was Uta would be pushed and be the next big thing. 

This makes me sad, but this kinda seems typical of new H!P groups at this point although it usually happens due to various reasons.

C-ute and Megumi? And as said many times Aina with J=J. Yukarin and S/mileage, Maiha and Berryz.
All the other groups had other pushed girls though. It seems like the biggest blow is to Country Girls.

I've finally gotten over the Megumi incidence. I never cared for S/mileage, but it makes me sad to see such a pretty face go.

I wonder how UF preps the parents and if the parents ever have a misconception of what being an idol entitles. Do they ever think.."My daughter is the cutest thing ever! Let's send her application in!" Only to find out they have things like creepy pbs and handshake events. Although in Uta's case since her mom was an idol, her family should have known all these things in advance..

These premature departures never seem to happen with Morning Musume. I wonder if the parents think it's the real deal and worth putting up with. What's more I guess all the Morning Musume girls can have a career post MM even if the work isn't the best.

As long as Rikako stays, I'll be happy 
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I can see how a parent who submitted their kids application for them (gives off creepy living your dream through your kid vibes) wouldn't be happy with them ending up in a group like Country Girls.

I think they'll be fine. Even if she was the one people were drawn to first, her contribution to the group now is a whopping one single. It's still early enough for them to recover from it.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Reading all the girls blog posts about it was so sad. They're all clearly sad and in shock.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="188760" data-time="1434172006">I don't see the "blaming the family" that others are seeing. It seems to me that the two parties were simply unable to reach an agreement. Could it be that UF was playing hardball?</blockquote> 
This is nothing but my speculation, but having worked a good few years now for a Western branch of a Japanese company I do have some experience trying to make sense of the HQ's both internal as well as public communiques. I also did see how certain events ended up being translated into this kind of press announcements. Based just on that, my feeling is that the announcement we're discussing is brimming with hard feelings, annoyance, and also implies washing their hands off if Country Girls will be crap from now because they were forced to end the contract against their will.

Once again, this is only my guesswork. Please understand.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="188761" data-time="1434173683">Has anyone mentioned that her mother was a former idol?</blockquote>
Never heard of it either. It makes the whole situation even more unclear and interesting too.
Last edited by aine on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="188761" data-time="1434173683">
Has anyone mentioned that her mother was a former idol?</blockquote>
Her mom also named her "Uta" because she wanted her to join the entertainment world.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Her mom is starting to sound kind of creepy to me.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="188761" data-time="1434173683">
</blockquote>
Her mom also named her "Uta" because she wanted her to join the entertainment world.

[/quote]

o_O Maybe that sounds a lot less creepy to everyone else, but this adds a weird layer of "overbearing mother" to this whole mix for me. She appears to have decided Uta's life for her from birth.

When I read things like this about disagreements over contracts, my first guess is that it's a pay issue. No idea if it's true or not, but I imagine MM girls all get paid relatively well, while these starter groups probably have less pay since they're not established yet. There's most likely a chance for that to change when it comes time to renew the contract (if the group did well or something), but I figure they start off making very little until they're more established. I've never been in the music business though, so no idea if that's actually what happens. Like aine and a few other people though, I absolutely read UFP's statement to be blaming the family, and the only thing I can picture a family bickering with a company over is money.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Damn, as a parent don't you have your own job? Why do you need to end a contract if they're not givin the big bucks?? Seems more like a pride issue of her family, and that's sad. Especially if Uta wanted to be an idol... I mean, she seemed to have made friends and come out of her shell since she started. I hope she doesn't revert back. 

Basically, I hope Uta is happy and healthy and not being controlled.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="188784" data-time="1434246733"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="188781" data-time="1434242891">
Has anyone mentioned that her mother was a former idol?</blockquote>Her mom also named her "Uta" because she wanted her to join the entertainment world.
</blockquote>

o_O Maybe that sounds a lot less creepy to everyone else, but this adds a weird layer of "overbearing mother" to this whole mix for me. She appears to have decided Uta's life for her from birth.

When I read things like this about disagreements over contracts, my first guess is that it's a pay issue. No idea if it's true or not, but I imagine MM girls all get paid relatively well, while these starter groups probably have less pay since they're not established yet. There's most likely a chance for that to change when it comes time to renew the contract (if the group did well or something), but I figure they start off making very little until they're more established. I've never been in the music business though, so no idea if that's actually what happens. Like aine and a few other people though, I absolutely read UFP's statement to be blaming the family, and the only thing I can picture a family bickering with a company over is money.</blockquote>

I feel that these days, the pay gap between MM and other H!P groups probably isn't that big. I don't have anything to support that, I just don't imagine them making big bucks since they're kind of light on non-music promo work.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

From H!O:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aerosuffly" data-cid="1891200" data-time="1434408572">Someone tweeted this video and said that it is a message from Uta to her fans. The wota tracked down his twitter account and the uploader and found links to a guy with the same last name as Uta, believed to be Uta's uncle. Uta also wrote before that she is good with a ballad song with falsetto voice. So here you have it, believing it or not, but I hope it is real. The title of the video is "Minna-san he no Uta," i.e. a song for everyone, with the video description, "Message ..." The song is Garnet by Oku Hanako. You can find translation of the lyrics on internet.
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUhZPE ... blockquote>

If Uta really didn't want to quit that makes me like 10x more sad...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
From H!O:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aerosuffly" data-cid="1891200" data-time="1434408572">
Someone tweeted this video and said that it is a message from Uta to her fans. The wota tracked down his twitter account and the uploader and found links to a guy with the same last name as Uta, believed to be Uta's uncle. Uta also wrote before that she is good with a ballad song with falsetto voice. So here you have it, believing it or not, but I hope it is real. The title of the video is "Minna-san he no Uta," i.e. a song for everyone, with the video description, "Message ..." The song is Garnet by Oku Hanako. You can find translation of the lyrics on internet.
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUhZPE ... ZPExZqQ</a>
</blockquote>

If Uta really didn't want to quit that makes me like 10x more sad...

[/quote]

I decided to just post the translation as opposed to the video, for faster reading/comparison. Here are the lyrics, starting from when her video started:

Spoiler: [+]
The first time that we talked after school
[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I was looking for a smile that no one knew about
For some reason my heart ached
At hearing your happy voice off in the distance[/font]

I was afraid of change
I thought that we would be friends forever,
[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I didn't think that things would ever come to an end[/font]

Having met you, in the endless flow of time
Made me stronger, more so than anything else
[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Even if I arrive at tomorrow in a daze
You'll forever be special and important to me
The seasons change yet again[/font]

In the summer, you said that you would never forget

Time passed, and now I've shed my tears

I'm going to sear the days that I spent with you into my heart
[font='Lucida Grande', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So that even if I don't remember them, it will be alright
And even if I fall in love with someone else one day
You'll forever be special and important to me[/font]
The seasons change yet again

Gaaaaahhhh soooo sad..... Btw, this song is from "The Girl Who Lept Through Time". Uta please don't be telling us you want to go back in time..... That's so much sadder than I already was. Is this her way of going back to fix the things she "broke," just like the movie? Gaaaaahhh noooooooo :'(
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Uta's cover is already down :(
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm glad I listened to it like 10 times now.

Someone had to have saved it, I'm sure mirrors will be up soon.

Edit: And here one is <a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/GoLbKKehVXw">http://you ... KKehVXw</a>
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<div>From H!O</div>
<div>
[quote="Margie GiGi"]
My tribute to Uta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxD4lCJDWk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH2ZiwPdJtM
</div>
<div> [/quote]
</div>

Formerly Mizura
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

She is still alive guys
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]
She is still alive guys
[/quote]

Yeah, but to be fair she was pretty special to a number of people >.<
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="188879" data-time="1434564296"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="188878" data-time="1434563820">

She is still alive guys</blockquote>

Yeah, but to be fair she was pretty special to a number of people >.<</blockquote>
I love her quite a bit, but like Derby said she isn't dead. She was adorable and it's sad that she had to leave, but she was only here for a short time.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="188878" data-time="1434563820">
She is still alive guys</blockquote>
But we aren't going to get to see her again.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="188889" data-time="1434568506"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="188878" data-time="1434563820">
She is still alive guys</blockquote>But we aren't going to get to see her again.</blockquote>
This is unknown. She may very well pop up later in another group or doing some kind of work like Aina did.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="188891" data-time="1434569814"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="188889" data-time="1434568506"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="188878" data-time="1434563820">
She is still alive guys</blockquote>But we aren't going to get to see her again.</blockquote>This is unknown. She may very well pop up later in another group or doing some kind of work like Aina did.</blockquote>
It's different though when they do independent stuff :/ lack of accessibility and all that.

Plus I Country Girls had a really good dynamic going for them. So it's also the loss of 6nin CG which is sad. Groups change with the loss (and addition) of members. It's inevitable.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It's been a year and still no signs of Uta anywhere. Anyone here still feeling her loss, or are you pretty much over it? Don't forget Funaki Musubu ended up taking Uta's yellow member color when 2nd gen entered CG. Also, Uta's birthday was the 23rd of June which means she's now 16.

Honestly, I'll catch myself thinking about her from time to time when I watch H!P stuff.

For any interested, Arche made an Utaloss artbook, available here.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm honestly super over it. I get that she was a really captivating idol and a lot of people liked her (me included). But she was a member for like .4 seconds and I really wish people would get over it. There's so much whining about her still.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。