[2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by Kalle »

Sukatto is growing on me really quickly. It's too fun!!

The Imasugu MV was pretty but overall the song is still meh to me.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by Elpis »

I definitely like the Promotion Edits more. The MV wasn't anything extraordinary, but it was still fairly enjoyable. I didn't notice any font changes whatsoever.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I knew Shinseido would have a good poster... They always do! My instinct was right :)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They can call this a triple A-side all they want, but SUKAtto is B-side fodder. It's decent B-side fodder -- it's funky and the girls look great in the video -- but I hate that they've defined the term "A-side" down to this level. Ima Sugu is probably my favorite here, despite the Platinum Era feel of the arrangement. It's got a strong hook and is the most interesting composition of the three. Oh My Wish is EDM Era paint-by-numbers all the way, but at least it features two of my favorite members. 

As a whole, this single is pretty uninspiring to me. I don't hate any of the songs, but I don't love any of them, either. Kind of the way I felt about their last single, but I liked that more than I like this. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Single website is up <a class="bbc_url" href="http://r.helloproject.com/morningmusume ... ex.html</a>

Includes interviews with members about the single and their goals
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Imasugu Tobikomu recording on Music+.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Promotion Edit version of ImaSugu up on MM's official channel today. Thought it'd be different than the other video floating around, but it's the same. Just on their channel officially now. (I thought the other was the trur MV not PE.)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ The other video had promotional edit written on the title screen. They just didn't have English subtitles on it.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't know why, but Imasugu is really growing on me. It's so simple, and so done a thousand times before with anime theme songs, but I just love it. It's simple but it's like it's done so well that I don't even care.

So far, I really love Sukatto too. Oh My Wish is the weakest song just because it has one or two flaws whereas the other two don't have any at all, so I think this one is a winner overall. That's pretty exciting to think about, since I can't remember the last time they had an all around great single to me.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Despite previously calling Imasugu boring as hell, it's really growing on me as well. It's so generic but like you said, show, done so well that I can dig it, too, haha.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't see Imasugu as generic so much as nostalgic. Everything about the recording is strong -- the composition, the arrangement, the performance -- but it feels of a different era. I immediately liked this the most of the three songs, and it's the only one of the three that I like more with each listening. It's really a great song. 

SUKAtto, on the other hand, is the definition of generic, IMO.

I think I can confidently rank the songs now without worrying that it will ever change:

1. Imasugu
2. Oh My Wish
3. SUKAtto
Last edited by JPope on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

They got Oricon #1 with 114,181. They are 6k ahead of 2nd place.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2015- ... -08-18/</a>

This single sold 26k more than Seishun/Yuugure's first day.

Here's a handy little chart: <a class="bbc_url" href="https://twitter.com/wakcx/status/633963 ... 5320961</a>
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

This single deserves good sales, each song has its strong points and none of them are weak to me !

I'm glad they were first with a very good first day.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2015- ... -08-18/</a>

Here's a handy little chart: <a class="bbc_url" href="https://twitter.com/wakcx/status/633963 ... 5320961</a>
[/quote]

Isn't the dark blue the first day sales and light blue the remaining sales of the 1st week, adding them together gets your first week? Cause if so this single sold over 35k more than Seishun's first day.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Holy crap, that's a lot better than I expected.

The science is settled: more Zukki, Du and Sato.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Good! Now they'll realize people want something else and Riho isn't the only good thing of MM. She's very good minus her kind of harsh voice, but I wish they wouldn't do this weird special savior ace treatment with girls a la Koharu and Riho because it's boring having them shoved down our throats every single.

Hell, with better line distribution, I wouldn't even care about Riho always being front and center. Kpop has managed just fine keeping its prettiest, most popular member front and center in the dance without assaulting us with their mediocre singing. I don't understand why Jpop idol companies can't figure that out to save their lives.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="190816" data-time="1439996211"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="190814" data-time="1439985869">

Here's a handy little chart: <a class="bbc_url" href="https://twitter.com/wakcx/status/633963 ... blockquote>

Isn't the dark blue the first day sales and light blue the remaining sales of the 1st week, adding them together gets your first week? Cause if so this single sold over 35k more than Seishun's first day.</blockquote>
I did math in my head 5 minutes after waking up...

I should have used a calculator...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="190816" data-time="1439996211">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="190814" data-time="1439985869">

</blockquote>

Isn't the dark blue the first day sales and light blue the remaining sales of the 1st week, adding them together gets your first week? Cause if so this single sold over 35k more than Seishun's first day.</blockquote>
I did math in my head 5 minutes after waking up...

I should have used a calculator...

[/quote]
Hahahah that explains it! I was wondering where you even got 26k :p

But this is a greaaaat first day sale! Hooray for MM! This single is very strong overall, even if you dislike one it seems most like 2/3!!
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="showraniy"]
Good! Now they'll realize people want something else and Riho isn't the only good thing of MM. She's very good minus her kind of harsh voice, but I wish they wouldn't do this weird special savior ace treatment with girls a la Koharu and Riho because it's boring having them shoved down our throats every single.

Hell, with better line distribution, I wouldn't even care about Riho always being front and center. Kpop has managed just fine keeping its prettiest, most popular member front and center in the dance without assaulting us with their mediocre singing. I don't understand why Jpop idol companies can't figure that out to save their lives.
[/quote]

H!P actually used to be great about this, to be honest.  Rika was always hugely popular but was almost never a lead singer (the only major exception I can think of is Roman ~My Dear Boy~) she'd get a line here or there but they found ways to consistently draw attention to her without shoving her baby vocals down our throats.  From the addition of sixth gen up into most of platinum era, I feel like line distribution was pretty great.  There were songs like Roman and Resonant Blue where girls got shafted, but there were far more songs where every member had at least one big line.

The lack of solo lines in recent songs is irritating in general - it would be totally possible to give real solo lines to anywhere from four to six girls if this era didn't sing in unison so much.  And even when there are less solo lines, I don't understand why every single one has to go to the same two or three girls.  It's a bit strange to me.  Don't get me wrong - it feels great to see Masaki, Haruka and Zukki dominating this song after being in the background for so long - but hypothetically, it would have been totally possible to give all the decent singers (I'm thinking these three + Mizuki and Riho) a line or two.

Really happy to see this single did so well, though!  I know Haruka is already very popular so I like to think her getting to front this single may have contributed to the higher than usual sales.  Hoping they don't go right back to shoving her and Zukki in the back.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Masaki is not a background girl, she's supporting vocals. She gets a line on pretty much every single (not that I'm complaining).

I actually kind of want to see a Mizuki center because always supporting vocals too.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Saya"]
Masaki is not a background girl, she's supporting vocals. She gets a line on pretty much every single (not that I'm complaining).

I actually kind of want to see a Mizuki center because always supporting vocals too.
[/quote]

True!  She's definitely not in the back like Zukki and Haruka.  But there are a lot of songs where she and Ayumi have similar lines and all I can think is that it's insane to see one of the worst singers and one of the better singers having roughly equivalent parts haha.  So I guess in that way, I perceive her as being slighted even though she could have it a lot worse.

I used to think Mizuki deserved a lot more lines but her lack of improvement over the years has made me whine about it a lot less.  I'd still rather hear her than Riho when it comes to on the album/in the studio (Riho's vocals on the studio version of Ima Sugu make em cringe whereas Mizuki sounds appropriately soft), but I wish she could pull it together more live.  She's always super out of breath and her voice cracks a lot.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Saya"]
[/quote]

Yuugure pretty much was Mizuki center.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yuugure felt more like Sakura, Masaki, Riho, *and* Mizuki to me.

Suzuki has one eye and has rebounded at the release event!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Am I the only one who thinks Kanon just looks the same as before she lost weight?
Maybe I'm wrong but her tights doesn't look as thin as in the MV to me, and her double chin is a bit more notorious here while she doesn't have any at all in OMW
Image Hey
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="Saya"]

[/quote]

The opening of that was just really really weird.  She's off to the side because she can't see right?? 

Made by Haru!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

What happened to her eye?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mugi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="190838" data-time="1440034645">
<div>

[/quote]

The opening of that was just really really weird.  She's off to the side because she can't see right?? 

</div>
</blockquote>

It appears as if she isn't taking any part in the dances at all.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mugi" data-cid="190840" data-time="1440036557">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="190838" data-time="1440034645">
<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

It appears as if she isn't taking any part in the dances at all.

</div>
</blockquote>

I heard she's got pink eye... She said it doesn't look good so she's got the eyepatch on. I have to believe that they didn't let her in the formation because they thought she might not be able to see well enough where she'd be moving to, or would look down/around when moving to her next position. Also, "Since the beginning of this year I've injured my leg, gotten the flu and had to sit out from concerts. I'm really unfortunate. I thought before, 'with summer coming up, I should lose more weight,' and I went on a diet. Even though I wanted to lose more, my energy to exercise ran out and I gained some (weight) back. -laughs- So now I want to up my energy and lose more." 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Someone who went to an event said she danced on the sides on her own.
<p class="bbc_center">Image