[2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by JPope »

Yeah, having use of only one eye can fuck with your balance.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by Meikochi »

Am I the only one wondering why they gave lines to Harunan (I mean, not only one like Erina) ? I just feel Sakura has been holding back from being main center (always behind Riho) because of the lines they give to hopeless members in singing, which she could have sung.

Also, after seeing Ima Sugu in live, I'm still 50:50 about Masaki's live singing. She can sound nice as well as "baby-like". (Harunan and Erina sounded as usual..)
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="190814" data-time="1439985869">They got Oricon #1 with 114,181. They are 6k ahead of 2nd place.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2015-08-18/

This single sold 26k more than Seishun/Yuugure's first day.</blockquote>
Happy for their #1 again, but still bummed Tiki Bun/etc/etc didn't get it because Sayumi.

I listened to the single a few time already but I'm not feeling it at all.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Down to 5 today. 3 sold 9k. The man who was 2 yesterday moved up to 1 and sold 19.4k. He's probably going to chart high all week.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="190852" data-time="1440081559">
Down to 5 today. 3 sold 9k. The man who was 2 yesterday moved up to 1 and sold 19.4k. He's probably going to chart high all week.</blockquote>

Which means low chances for a 1st on weekly ranking... Too bad but at least, they should sell well.
Campy <3 !
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Or it means stock was low the second day and it will go up again once the stores have more in. We've seen this pattern before. They've also been doing nationwide handshake events for the last couple of day, so that will add some sales.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Is there president for such a low Day 2 total following a 100K+ first day?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Like I said, before they've had big first day sales and tiny second day ones because it literally sold too well on the first day and a lot of stores burned through their stock, then the sales would pick up later in the week when the CD was back on the shelves.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Before, they sold out so fast that they hadn't prepared for it so the second day sales suffered.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

They went back up to #1 with around 11k sales, so it looks like it was primarily a stock thing.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

People were saying that yesterday they went to go buy the single in stores and it was sold out, so definitely stock.

This is typical though.

In terms of total sales Fukuyama is #1 right now by around 5k more I think.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

So right now I'm taking the liberty of guessing they've hit around 130k in 3 days..

day #1--114,000,
day #2--(unknown, if 3 was 9k I'd guess 5 is 5k?) 5k,
day #3--10,800.

Sooo guestimating 130k. With 4 days left in the week, it's got the potential to be the highest selling single of the week of recent times, if it tops 149k (Egao no Kimi).
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM on Girls Pop
Talk+Sukatto minus Riho(who was sick)

The talk segment was really funny, I wish it had been longer. Mizuki took over Riho's solo lines, and I can't tell if Harunan's duets with Riho have all become solos or if someone else is singing with her. They only show her singing, but I feel like i hear someone else... it might just be the harmonies on the track though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

At 4 today. 3 sold 4.4k.

They'll be performing Oh My Wish on Music Station next week.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="JPope"]
Is there president for such a low Day 2 total following a 100K+ first day?
[/quote]

Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / etc. / etc. had a 119K first day, #4 second day (don't know what #3 was), and #3 with 5K the third day.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Are physical CDs little more than collectors items these days? How many people actually use them to listen to the music anymore? The CD slot on my in-dash head unit is nothing more than a mount for my cell phone holder. Am I the exception or the rule? 
Last edited by JPope on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Digital is definitely on the rise even in Japan, imo. But idols usually don't do well on those charts so they need to the exposure that charting high on Oricon gives them and physical sales are the way to go for that.

You'll see copies of singles going for super cheap after the week is over. Lots of people definitely just collect them or buy them for charts. I usually rip mine and put them on a device. They're really just for show.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

You can tell the public that she won't sing on the song, but she still does! That is, Riho Oh my wish! harmonies.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

excluding the monologues 100% of the song is hamonized by Riho lol...
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Stayed at 4. 3 sold 2.7k.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

There was an interesting topic on the NHK show "Close Up Gendai" (think of ABC's "Nightline" in the US) about a month ago that touched on the issue. Of course, they were talking about the debate about "digital vs. hard copy" and the state of the Japanese music industry due to Taylor Swift criticizing Apple for the Apple Music program. Usually, an artist gets only like 100 yen for each physical single sold as 90% of the single's cost goes to the production. But, the intake gets smaller with digital sales as they are cheaper in price, thus the artist only makes 10 yen or less per song sold. Even waaaay less for streaming sites like LINE music.  

Like Taylor Swift's sediments in her open letter to Apple, the music industry here feels the same way. Japanese society is built on the idea that everyone is equal. And the music industry believes that no one is treated equally with digital sales. Even though Chakuuta, LINE music, AWA, and iTunes Music exists, the Japanese music industry will say it's ok because that is the popular trend among the public. But, it doesn't mean they will admit that they like those services.

The solution that the music industry came up is having various events. There is a looooooooooooot of free lives and in store events that promote an artist's new single or album here in Nagoya.  I go to like four or five every week. Every event I went to had atleast a handshake event, a photo/cheki session, signature sessions, one coin concerts, and/or other things. But, you have to buy a certain number of singles to get that special bonus. There is an unlimited number of tickets you can have for an event. I saw one guy hold about nine tickets on Thursday for MM.'s new single handshake event (one is never enough for an H!P event because they push you through the line quickly). However, this what the music industry wants in order to get fair treatment for all.

Here is the story from July 7's "Close Up Gendai" that talks about the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QoP4l2fmM

Sorry there are no subs.

Even though I bought two versions of the new Morning Musume single, I have no regrets. They will sit on my bookcase and collect dust until the day I rarely use them. But, it's ok because I like collecting CDs. Most importantly, I will always cherish the time when I was able to shake the hands of Mizuki, Ayumi, Haruka Iikubo, Akane, and Miki. And, that Mizuki said liked my Hayao Miyazaki shirt and Miki liked my My Little Pony shirt. 
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="Anderei"]
You'll see copies of singles going for super cheap after the week is over. Lots of people definitely just collect them or buy them for charts. I usually rip mine and put them on a device. They're really just for show.
[/quote]

Yeah, the singles that had songs that didn't make it onto US iTunes I've generally been able to find on eBay for a couple bucks (plus shipping) very shortly after release.

I do enjoy seeing things like the extended credits for songs beyond lyricist/composer/arranger, but that's surely a pretty narrow area of interest.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I like to look at CD's and play them in my car. But I've stopped buying the versions with DVD's because they're online. But I only buy CD's once ins while.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I generally only buy albums. H!P are the only company where I still buy singles and I only either buy a box set or a regular edition. I like the trading cards and I like having hard copies. Box sets I'll only get if I like the music videos enough. For this single. I got the box set. I liked 2 out of 3 of the music videos and I liked all 3 songs.

While I DO rip all my music and put  it all on external hard drives, I find I like having that secure backup. I'm in that case right now. My computer died again and my entire memory was wiped but I'm at a state where I can't put any of my music back on or it will happen again. So I've got to wait to buy a new computer. Of course my CD drive is also busted now. :doh:  So now I'm sort of in limbo right now, using my blu-ray player to play my CDs while I manage to throw enough money together so I can get a new computer.

If it's a group I don't really care about the song, i'll buy it used and wait till I can find it pretty cheaply or someones just giving it away. Or, I just wait for the album. :D (I do this for AKB48 and NMB48)
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm not gonna lie, when I do buy CDs, I buy them used. Every time. 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I generally buy things used except when something is cheaper to buy new (which has happened a couple of times). I usually buy albums and they've generally been released at least a few years ago. I also only buy CDs when iTunes doesn't have what I'm looking for.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I buy a single if I like it enough (mostly MM, started from TIKI BUN, skipped Seishun). I play CDs in my car often, so I get great use out of it. For TIKI BUN I grabbed two copies to support Sayu's grad; one for the car, one still wrapped in case I want to sell it down the line. Through a mix-up, I'm buying two of this single and will likely do the same thing. Boyfriend got me a copy of Motto Zutto/Rock Erotic/I'm So Cool, and I play that a lot in the car, too.

But I'm a person who buys goods way more than pictures. I'd rather pay $17 for a CD 2-3 times a year than $2-10+ for photos constantly/often. This is also why I buy shirts, not photos. I get so much use of out my H!P shirts, like my CDs.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Back up to #3 today, with 3k. I think they will lose to I am a HERO, but they're staying somewhat relevant all week. They have another TV appearance coming up sometime this week, I think? They've already been on multiple shows to promote this single, which I think helps.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

They're doing Music Station on Friday, but that's after first-week sales come out.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They got #2 for the week with 141,000 sold. 
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2058081/full/
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.