[2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="190950" data-time="1440461309">
They're doing Music Station on Friday, but that's after first-week sales come out.</blockquote>

It's never been much of a sales booster anyway.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by JPope »

If history is any guide, this single has a solid shot at catching the 151K+ of "Shabondama" and the stupid puppet song, which is pretty damn good. Even though they didn't get No 1 for the week, they've re-established the group to the level of Wagamama and Egao no Kimi wa, which is impressive since MM is now a group without an established star. And they did it with a somewhat ordinary single, or at least one that wasn't a knock-your-socks-off classic.

I'm stunned, to be honest. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They've been on multiple shows this past week but the upcoming one I was thinking about was FujiTV's "Atashi no Ongaku," and tumblr user Seiyuuri explained the show very well. They're starring with YuiKaori (Tbh idk who they are buuuuut.)

Here's a short blurb for explanation: 

"Atashi no Ongaku is a music program by Fuji TV that started last September 2014. It is composed of similarly related artists accompanied by a full orchestra live band, which the show is very popular with. It’s motto is to show “Our Music” pertaining to each guest’s genre of music. The collaborative guests varies as well! YuiKaori are set to appear alongside Morning Musume.’15 on the music show"

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

YuiKaori (Ogura Yui and Ishihara Kaori) used to be part of Up-Front but they'd switched agencies to better suit them. They do anime stuff and release songs (which are quite good btw).
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I like this single because it has a lot of Masaki, but overall I find it pretty dull and honestly the MVs are trash (I don't see why people can call Imasugu's MV pretty. And OMW's set is so damn ugly.) so I'm surprised it does so well. I guess this is the way people respond to less Riho and more of their favorites and the sales has nothing to do with the quality of the songs.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Official figure is 141,038.

Soundscan:

13 - Regular A (7,597)

15 - Regular B (7,208)

17 - Regular C (6,124)

20 - Limited A (5,647)
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="JPope"]
And they did it with a somewhat ordinary single, or at least one that wasn't a knock-your-socks-off classic.

[/quote]

At least it was quite diverse so it may be better selling-wise.

Did you consider One Two Three as breaking ground around its release ? (real question, I didn't lurk on forums at that time)

[quote="smtmissin"]
I like this single because it has a lot of Masaki, but overall I find it pretty dull and honestly the MVs are trash (I don't see why people can call Imasugu's MV pretty. And OMW's set is so damn ugly.) so I'm surprised it does so well. I guess this is the way people respond to less Riho and more of their favorites and the sales has nothing to do with the quality of the songs.
[/quote]

Sure, the change of front girls for this single may have play a role in the sales but I'm pretty sure these sales are far from being only thanks to fanbase that will always buy their singles (thus also from casual buyers, who will only buy single if they like it).

[quote="Anderei"]
Official figure is 141,038.

Soundscan:

13 - Regular A (7,597)

15 - Regular B (7,208)

17 - Regular C (6,124)

20 - Limited A (5,647)
[/quote]

What a huge gap !
Then I can't imagine how low Soudscan's sales (if it existed back then) were during Platinum Era.

Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They were probably actually better or about the same since the weren't doing events.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="190958" data-time="1440480859">
<div>
And they did it with a somewhat ordinary single, or at least one that wasn't a knock-your-socks-off classic.

[/quote]

At least it was quite diverse so it may be better selling-wise.

Did you consider One Two Three as breaking ground around its release ? (real question, I didn't lurk on forums at that time)

</div>
</blockquote>

One Two Three is the single that drew me back into being an active fan of Morning Musume, so I saw absolutely it as an outstanding track. I also saw it as ground-breaking for the group, but that's a separate issue as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the great conservative track over the lackluster "ground-breaking" track every time.

You might be on to something with the idea that diversity of this single give it wider appeal overall. I still wasn't blown away by any of the songs, though, so to see it approaching Wagamama/Gundam territory (which I consider to be among MM's very best singles ever) was surprising to me. I think it's great, though. I don't know what it means for the near term, but I'm certainly happy for the girls.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="190958" data-time="1440480859">
One Two Three is the single that drew me back into being an active fan of Morning Musume, so I saw absolutely it as an outstanding track.

You might be on to something with the idea that diversity of this single give it wider appeal overall. I still wasn't blown away by any of the songs, though, so to see it approaching Wagamama/Gundam territory (which I consider to be among MM's very best singles ever) was surprising to me.</blockquote>

I never imagined before we were drawn back by the same song ^^. (Though you've been fan for longer than I am).

I think I get your point. If Wagamama was different (still EDM but a somewhat dubstep), this single wasn't that much innovative.

But, at the same time, it may appeal different people : Ima sugu for Platinum Era fans or people who like ballads, Oh my wish for EDM fans or Colorful Era fans and Sukatto for people who like fun / lively songs or, strictly personnal opinion but it reminds me of fun in the Golden Era songs.
Campy <3 !
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wow, you might be on to something there. I got into MM during Platinum Era, and I like Imasugu the most. Maybe there's a connection with the other eras.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

And I am a big fan of the Golden Era songs, and Sukatto is my absolute favorite from this single. It's so fun and funky and I love it.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]

One Two Three is the single that drew me back into being an active fan of Morning Musume, so I saw absolutely it as an outstanding track.

You might be on to something with the idea that diversity of this single give it wider appeal overall. I still wasn't blown away by any of the songs, though, so to see it approaching Wagamama/Gundam territory (which I consider to be among MM's very best singles ever) was surprising to me.
</blockquote>
I never imagined before we were drawn back by the same song ^^. (Though you've been fan for longer than I am).

I think I get your point. If Wagamama was different (still EDM but a somewhat dubstep), this single wasn't that much innovative.

But, at the same time, it may appeal different people : Ima sugu for Platinum Era fans or people who like ballads, Oh my wish for EDM fans or Colorful Era fans and Sukatto for people who like fun / lively songs or, strictly personnal opinion but it reminds me of fun in the Golden Era songs.

[/quote]

Honestly, you could say the same for the Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru single, and yet it bombed relative to all the other EDM singles. Seishun Kozou fits the new-school EDM sound, Yuugure wa Ameagari had a very Platinum Era vibe, and Ima Koko Kara had an anime tie-in. I personally thought that was a stronger set of songs, too. 

I think the diversity of styles might have played a role in the success of OMW, but only as a secondary consideration. Something else played a larger role, though, and it could be as simple as people just liked this single more. That would be the Occam's razor answer, tbh.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM on Music Station
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33eri ... 8-15_tv</a>

Looks like both of Kanon's eyes are red now, poor girl.

Also she looks like she's back to square one with her weight, shame :/
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

She still looks thinner than before to me, but she has definitely gained weight since the MV filming. I'm not that surprised, but I just hope she isn't "yo-yo dieting".
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="191032" data-time="1440808729">
Honestly, you could say the same for the Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru single, and yet it bombed relative to all the other EDM singles. Seishun Kozou fits the new-school EDM sound, Yuugure wa Ameagari had a very Platinum Era vibe, and Ima Koko Kara had an anime tie-in. I personally thought that was a stronger set of songs, too.

I think the diversity of styles might have played a role in the success of OMW, but only as a secondary consideration. Something else played a larger role, though, and it could be as simple as people just liked this single more. That would be the Occam's razor answer, tbh.</blockquote>
To me the beginning (singing part) of Seishun Kozou was strange (singing one syllable then a silence then another syllable etc may seem weird) and I had a hard time to get used to it to be honest.

So, in my opinion, the "EDM part" (so Seishun Kozou) may seem weaker than OMW, especially for casual fans.

And when I listen to Ima Sugu, I feel nostalgia, which I don't feel strongly in Yuugure (far from being as strong as in Ima Sugu). And it's the first time someone (I think it was you) clearly mentionned a Platinum Era feeling as a first comment of the song.

I agree with you about Ima Koko Kara. You said earlier Sukatto My Heart had b-side materials and I must admit that, if one between those two should have been a b-side, Sukatto My Heart would have been (though I really like this song). Anime tie-in songs tend to be better selling-wise as well.

I like your conclusion haha. Maybe we'll understand this "bigger" reason only in a few months / years.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I feel the same sort of nostalgia for Yuugure, personally, but this is all subjective. Our experiences are uniquely our own, which is one of the things that makes music wonderful. 

And having said that, I think Imasugu has now surpassed Yuugure in my mind, lol. So the two singles are now closer to being on par with each other for me. Right now it's something like this:

Seishun Kozou > Oh My Wish
Yuugure < Imagusu
Ima Koko Kara > Sukatto*

*I expect to get crushed on this one, but the production of Sukatto is offensively poor to me. I know for a fact there are better sounding horn plugs out there than the thin, weak-assed crap they used on this. The tempo is too fast, and for a funk track there is an inexcusable dearth of soul to my ears (and ass). It sounds like a very antiseptic, European version of funk. What makes it worse is that I can hear a great track trying to cut through the garbage. Maybe someone should have given DANCE☆MAN a call.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="JPope"]
Maybe someone should have given DANCE☆MAN a call.
[/quote]

I don't know if you know this, but it's a pretty unfarfetched suggestion. After quite a few years of H!P absence, he just did the Kobushi Factory arrangement of Ramen Daisuki.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JoshuaJSlone" data-cid="191051" data-time="1440967817">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="191050" data-time="1440965785">
<div>
Maybe someone should have given DANCE☆MAN a call.
</div>
</blockquote>

I don't know if you know this, but it's a pretty unfarfetched suggestion. After quite a few years of H!P absence, he just did the Kobushi Factory arrangement of Ramen Daisuki.

</div>
</blockquote>

I did not know this, thanks for the tip! It's a great sounding track; too bad about the horrid vocals though, eh?

After listening to that, I'm even more disappointed that they didn't hire him to do SUKAtto, as well. He would have crushed that.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

FUN FACT: at my birthday party yesterday I had people come in costumes for an impromptu contest and when I had my iTunes open, Sukatto had popped up next on my shuffle ... so I made it a dance contest as well. 8)

The friend dressed as a fairy doing angry stomping won because it made me laugh like an asshole.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You should invite Wednesday and Lurch to your next MM dance contest. They're totally down with SUKAtto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPy4i96kTN4
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Week 2

Rank 24 with 4,896

Total: 145,934
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33koj ... music">DVD version of Sukatto My Heart's music video</a> with an added intro and outro and slightly better editing.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Idk if I'd say better..... It feels like the person went in with the mindset of "okay, now I'll make this fewer cuts than the PV version I just made!" and halfway through they went back to the crazy amount of cuts out of habit. (lol)
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="191070" data-time="1441127013">
Week 2

Rank 24 with 4,896

Total: 145,934</blockquote>

I'm still hoping they hit the 150k mark but I'm disappointed this single didn't sell as well as we could have think on the 1st day.

Not sure why they keep putting the "best" MV version on the Limited editions' DVDs (remember Sheishun Kozou and Ima Koko Kara). I don't think it increases their sales and it may repel random people on YouTube from watching HP MVs.
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Sukatto My Heart with Live Band 

Also from the Show
Morning Coffee - Piano Arrangement
The Peace with YuiKaori - Live Band

and the Talk Portion

Aside from the fact this is awesome, all I could do was stare at poor Zukki. She's got an eye patch that is BARELY staying on (she keeps fixing it during The Peace performance), pink eye in her OTHER eye and then her minor weight gain. But she's a trooper for sticking through it all. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Sukatto My Heart with Live Band 
Also from the Show
Morning Coffee - Piano Arrangement
The Peace with YuiKaori - Live Band

and the Talk Portion

Aside from the fact this is awesome, all I could do was stare at poor Zukki. She's got an eye patch that is BARELY staying on (she keeps fixing it during The Peace performance), pink eye in her OTHER eye and then her minor weight gain. But she's a trooper for sticking through it all. 
[/quote]

That Morning Coffee pisses me off, lol... The fact that they ignored some great signers w/ their only lines being "non" and "stop." Hell, more than half the group was only doing those lines. That's so pointless and not needed omg. I thought they would open up the lines this time around but guess not. 

The Peace was a nice change-up... Usually they do the "updated" version. I wonder if it was difficult for them to get the moves down since they learned the "updated" dance moves before the original, lol. Maria was the perfect fit for the monologue in the middle :)

Finally, not to be an asshole, but they should have had Kanon wear a proper eyepatch. I don't understand why they didn't use a stringed one. And unfortunately her weight gain is apparent :( I wonder if they had to tailor her outfits at all...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
That Morning Coffee pisses me off, lol... The fact that they ignored some great signers w/ their only lines being "non" and "stop." Hell, more than half the group was only doing those lines. That's so pointless and not needed omg. I thought they would open up the lines this time around but guess not. 
[/quote]

This is, what, the second time this year they've done it ~piano~ style? And again, only the same five girls got lines. I enjoyed Riho, but more than that, I was just exclaiming outrage at the line distribution this time. Why have all of them hold their mics up during those parts if they're not going to sing? Duu and Baby deserves more!  :dammit:
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Already pulled down.

People need to upload these things to DM as a backup for when YT inevitably pulls them down.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It's so weird hearing The Peace with completely live vocals.