[2015.11.11] ANGERME - Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aine
ANGERME

Re: [2015.11.11] ANGERME - Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (single)

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="192204" data-time="1445532952">I don't mind idols doing metal, but imo if you do it you have to be really serious about it. BABYMETAL is awesome because they regularly do metal, so it's part of their sound, and they have a live band and everything.</blockquote>
BABYMETAL didn't always have a band. Not for the first couple of years even, and only when it started to become obvious they are not a one-off project and that they are actually tapping into the proper metal fanbase.

But you're right in the sense that BABYMETAL from the beginning was committed to using proper metal sound mixed with idol music and image. I feel like Desugita kinda hovers around it but never works up the courage to plunge head-first into it like BABYMETAL did. Distorted guitars and loud drumset alone do not metal make.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="192206" data-time="1445533581">For those who want to see a little behind the scenes, this week's GR showed the girls learning the Desugita dance. Rikako killin it out there. Though I'm sure she's super thrilled about this single since she loves rock/metal music.</blockquote>
If this was a different forum I'd say something about the pink S/mileage shirt's cleavage shot. =3= :ph34r:

Also dark grey sweatpants can't dance to save her life.

Also, what's that t-shirt Meimi's wearing? If it's an official Hellopro one then I need it in my life.
Last edited by aine on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2015.11.11] ANGERME - Desugita Kui wa Utarenai / Dondengaeshi / Watashi (single)

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="192206" data-time="1445533581">
For those who want to see a little behind the scenes, this week's GR showed the girls learning the Desugita dance. Rikako killin it out there. Though I'm sure she's super thrilled about this single since she loves rock/metal music.
</blockquote>

If this was a different forum I'd say something about the pink S/mileage shirt's cleavage shot. =3= :ph34r:

Also, what's that t-shirt Meimi's wearing? If it's an official Hellopro one then I need it in my life.

[/quote]

Ahhh, infamous Fukuda =w= I would expect no less than a cleavage shot from her.

The one in dark grey sweats is Aikawa Maho, of the 3rd gen. She's definitely not known for dancing or singing (though I don't think she's a horrible singer.) Surprisingly enough, she did ballet before becoming a trainee. Maho was part of Kenshuusei for only a very short time before being added to Angerme.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I really like it. The MV is quite good, it's lively and the glowing effect on their outfits is surprising and well used to me. Rikako and Murotan quite stand out but everyone appear on a good side (hopefully we don't see how Maho is lost / sloppy ; her singing isn't good but it's ok.) Rikako's line was nice, hope she can do it well on stage.

But Dawa's voice don't really fit this song imo :/.
Campy <3 !
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

Like Meikochi I think the glowing outfits are a great touch, but in overall I wish the MV wasn't as messy as it is. I'm interested in the choreography, but I couldn't see it because of the special effects and constant camera angle changes. TGU interviewed ANGERME about the single.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JoshuaJSlone" data-cid="192341" data-time="1445849543"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCN5V0Zkk0">Desugita Promotion Edit</a> up.</blockquote>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b1r9 ... ailymotion link</a> for Americans.

I like the song a little more now; MV is kinda boring, but yay for more Rikako!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
I really like it. The MV is quite good, it's lively and the glowing effect on their outfits is surprising and well used to me. Rikako and Murotan quite stand out but everyone appear on a good side (hopefully we don't see how Maho is lost / sloppy ; her singing isn't good but it's ok.) Rikako's line was nice, hope she can do it well on stage.

[/quote]

Agreed. 

Rikako just has "it". She's one of those girls you can't help but look at whenever she's on screen.
Mariko
Kenshuusei

Post by Mariko »

I really like the song, but the MV...
I'm not sure if it was just the fact that I was streaming it on Dailymotion which never seems to work well for me, or if it was actually as jolting as it seemed, but there was just too much going on in terms of "wow random flash of stuff". I'd have finished listening to the song, but I couldn't sit there to watch the whole MV because it was giving me a headache.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This MV was awesome. I liked the glowing effects on the outfits and all of the girls were really great. Maho stuck out a little bit, but she has improved a lot since she first joined. Rina and Akari were both awesome as well. Even Kanon seemed into the song. There were a lot of lighting effects (especially at the end of it). Dailymotion would briefly pause at spots at the end and I'm not sure if that was their problem or just how the MV was made.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Definitely way too many cuts/jumps holy shit man...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

There wasn't enough dance shot, either.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I loved it and I think Rina looks better everytime they release a new single
Image Hey
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mariko" data-cid="192356" data-time="1445896912">there was just too much going on in terms of "wow random flash of stuff". I'd have finished listening to the song, but I couldn't sit there to watch the whole MV because it was giving me a headache.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="192359" data-time="1445913702">Definitely way too many cuts/jumps holy shit man...</blockquote>
Low budget and lack of concept for the MV masked with epileptic editing and overlayed random crap. It kinda worked. And it's better than if they put no effort at all and release a boring one.

The song kicks ass with or without the MV though and that's all I care about. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Well I just love the glow in the dark outfits so I don't even care about anything else.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

From the preview in today's H!S : if the first verse of Donden Gaeshi seems quite underwhelming to me, I like a lot the chorus. And I'm really happy Rikako got a dance solo, she totally nailed it. Even if the 3 people shots look cheap (I mean, nothing else than this blue background...) and the dance shot don't seem to have a great background either, the MV seems to have well done effects so I'm curious to watch it entirely. And the outfits are really cute.
Hoping they'll maintain their momentum next year.
Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

So I woke up with Desugita in my head and just wanted to say that it kind of reminds me of Juice Heart at some points.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="192209" data-time="1445539776">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="192206" data-time="1445533581">
For those who want to see a little behind the scenes, this week's GR showed the girls learning the Desugita dance. Rikako killin it out there. Though I'm sure she's super thrilled about this single since she loves rock/metal music.
</blockquote>

[/quote]

Ahhh, infamous Fukuda =w= I would expect no less than a cleavage shot from her.

The one in dark grey sweats is Aikawa Maho, of the 3rd gen. She's definitely not known for dancing or singing (though I don't think she's a horrible singer.) Surprisingly enough, she did ballet before becoming a trainee. Maho was part of Kenshuusei for only a very short time before being added to Angerme.

</div>
</blockquote>

A bit late but I'd like to add as someone who's been watching Maho since shortly after her debut, this is actually an improvement in her dancing lol. At the least, however, she recognizes she can't dance.

I'm pretty pumped for this single for Desugita alone tbh
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Confession: I'm actually a little bitter that ANGERME got such a good song like "Dondengaeshi" that Buono! would have rocked; I actually imagined them performing it with Dolce for a moment.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Dondengaeshi is such a big hot mess. I LOVE the lyrics but the video doesn't really match the impact and the dance is just ALL over the place. Like, they realized they needed to do something at the instrumental break and it just fell apart. It's something I noticed when watching Full Chorus and I had hoped they would have fixed it with the music video, but they didn't and just covered it up with layers of graphics to make it seem, "cool". 

This song would have benefited to them being outside, running around and singing and just not being enclosed in a box with pretty flashing lights.

Overall though, I like this single.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Dailymotion Link

Overall I really liked it. It was definitely cheap, but it had nice effects and its a good overall song. I like this MV more than the Desugita one. And Rikako really popped out to me in the beginning.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

At first when I saw them practicing the dance on GR (most recent episode), I liked it... But it doesn't seem like it really translated that well. I'm not liking the idea of it performed live with that dance and no cool editing effects...
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I wish they still had the dance shots. I would've actually liked to see the full dance.
Formerly Mizura
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6EKPUhSqVk

Here is a short preview of the video for Watashi, starting around 5:38.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The video more or less looks like what I expected based on what Watashi sounded like. It reminds me of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in a way.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="192678" data-time="1446599566">
<div>
The video more or less looks like what I expected based on what Watashi sounded like. It reminds me of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in a way.
</div>
</blockquote>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=6564&p=191990">I agree</a>.   :smile:

I guess if you're gonna rip off a sound that blatantly, you might as well rip off the look and style for the video, too.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It looks so... cheesy and like Fukuda has no emotion in it. Idk I'm not really a fan of her so maybe it's skewing my perception of it but =/

And afterwards what she said even irritated me, lol.... having a blank stare and saying you "spaced out watching it." >.<
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Angerme appeared on MJ and killed it with Desugita Kui (imo). Single will be released in the next coming days... Do you guys think it'll top Taiki Bansei's sales?

Here's the talking portion. I'm pretty sure Maro said that the first time she appeared on MJ she was running late and didn't wear any underwear? Uhhhh nice, I guess?
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Full version is out (can't link it for now).

Well... it's totally "Marotesque". "Princess" MV, same for clothes (which I find really cute) and lyrics and facial expression are totally hers so, since it totally fits her, I guess it's a good send off (which couldn't fit anyone else). Song isn't great but still ok in my opinion.
Campy <3 !
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Watashi on YouTube.

Also for whatever reason the single is already available on iTunes. I similarly heard C-ute's last single got out a little early, too.