Riho to graduate from MM'15

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Riho to graduate from MM'15

Post by freezingkiss »

I know I'm not on here very often but this shocked me to be honest. 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front-link/en-concerning-riho-sayashi/967417713317146?fref=nf
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Riho to graduate from MM'15

Post by Anderei »

Edit: I'll put it here in case there's people who don't click the link. She'll be graduating December 31st at the Countdown! Live. She'll be remaining as an H!P member.

Two months notice? That's crazy. If she wasn't staying in H!P I'd think there's some sort of scandal going on. She's not even having a graduation tour. It'll happen at a concert she can't even be present for the second half of.

I won't miss her but good luck I suppose. I can't imagine her as a soloist.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Fuck everything. Nobody deserves to have two favourite members from two different groups announce graduation 5 days apart. :suicide:

Riho. :nono:

EDIT: Yahoo News blurb: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151029-00000356-oric-ent
Last edited by aine on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wow, that's out of the blue. I wasn't expecting graduation announcements until after the new year.

This is good, though, and I say this as someone who generally likes Riho more than most people here. She has clearly reached her ceiling as a singer and is just blocking other girls from progressing at this point. You could argue that her continued presence is holding the entire group back.

This is great news for Oda, who becomes the de facto Ace, and for Kudo who likely takes Sakura's old position as "sub-ace". If Masaki decides to grow the fuck up she can push both of them, but who knows with her. 

The obvious down side of losing Riho is that it magnifies the talent deficit of the 12th generation. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]
Wow, that's out of the blue. I wasn't expecting graduation announcements until after the new year.

This is good, though, and I say this as someone who generally likes Riho more than most people here. She has clearly reached her ceiling as a singer and is just blocking other girls from progressing at this point. You could argue that her continued presence is holding the entire group back.

This is great news for Oda, who becomes the de facto Ace, and for Kudo who likely takes Sakura's old position as "sub-ace". If Masaki decides to grow the fuck up she can push both of them, but who knows with her. 

The obvious down side of losing Riho is that it magnifies the talent deficit of the 12th generation. 
[/quote]

Nah, it's probably gonna go Sakura-Mizuki+one lucky 12th gen. Haruka gets face-time but I'd be willing to bet money she's not going to be promoted to a lead singer.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It SHOULD be Miki since she is the most stable singer of the 12th.

I'm not super shocked it's Riho. I feel the same as Jpope. ahe also looks like she's done with the whole idol thing too. She lost that sparkle in her eyes. She'll do well fronting her own group crafted around her abilities so I hope that's what happens.

I am surprised it's such short notice. It gives me vibes of 2007 again and that was a bad time in Morning Musume.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="192426" data-time="1446125859">
<div>

[/quote]

Nah, it's probably gonna go Sakura-Mizuki+one lucky 12th gen. Haruka gets face-time but I'd be willing to bet money she's not going to be promoted to a lead singer.

</div>
</blockquote>

That would be fucking dumb, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Kudo has superstar potential, while Mizuki is what she is: a middling idol that reached her potential years ago. If they promote any one of those 12th Gen hacks above Kudo, she should demand graduation, then leave H!P and Up Front altogether. 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Now, I know she was having some issues over the summer and people were speculating mental health but I had just brushed it off.  I really hadn't expected a graduation for a while.  She may have always ranked middlish for me, but I love the group as a whole right now and there's only one girl I wouldn't be sad to see go, and she wasn't one of them.

I'm glad she's staying in H!P though and won't fall off the face of the earth, I just hope she actually DOES something within H!P.

Good luck Riho <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Wow, my room-mate just announced it to me (Yes, we're both H!P fans living together XD).
It's sudden, like everyone I wasn't expecting someone to graduate before next year. It's just a pity because she won't have a graduating tour. Let's just hope she'll have a send-off single at least. 
She wasn't my favorite, but I still feel sad.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="192427" data-time="1446126038">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="192426" data-time="1446125859">
<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

That would be fucking dumb, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Kudo has superstar potential, while Mizuki is what she is: a middling idol that reached her potential years ago. If they promote any one of those 12th Gen hacks above Kudo, she should demand graduation, then leave H!P and Up Front altogether. 

</div>
</blockquote>

Mizuki and Sakura are guaranteed. Mizuki is already the most popular after Riho, already a lead, and like Riho is that perfect combination of girl next door that the wota love. I can understand from a business standpoint why they'd push her over Haruka, not that she doesn't hit a lot of the idol checkboxes herself. And if they had wanted to make anyone in 10th gen a bigger force than they already are, especially given that Haruka was pretty popular when they joined, I think it would have happened by now because 9th gen have never really been super far ahead of the curve talent-wise compared to them. They've already been members for four years.

All i can say is that if the new lead is like, Maria, I'm quitting MM and devoting 100% of my time to Angerme.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'm shocked.. it reminds me so much of Koharu's graduation (short notice but Riho's a bit shorter, one of the most popular members (among wotas), 17yo).

Maybe her throat got really bad ?

At least, she's staying within HP so she may help Captain or others HP groups with dancing, in addition to her own training.

Hoping we'll still see her dancing at least..
Campy <3 !
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

She says she wants to study abroad for English and dancing.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

This sucks. I've complained about her singing as much as anybody else, but she's one of my favorite members. They're losing a very talented dancer. Now there's just Ayumi. But it's probably better for her. Nobody with her level of ability could be very happy doing "formation dance" all the time, while not even being able to focus completely on dancing because they force her to sing so much. Bleh. 

I really can't see anybody in the current group taking over the center position, though.
Last edited by Banana on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

Compared to the other users here I'm still pretty new to MM or H!P in general so I don't really know shit, but from my point of view Riho is charismatic and strong willed, someone definitely worth the ace position. She was the first member to catch my attention because of her performance skills and I'll miss her for sure. Since everyone in the current line up is pretty young I thought there wouldn't be any graduations for a few years, figures I was wrong. If I had guess who would be the next ace I would say Oda, but I'm not sure if she can attract general public the same way Riho did. Well that's about it for my thoughts time to get some vodka
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I like Riho, but I've go no negative feelings about this. They leaned on her too much. All hail our new MaaDuu overlords.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Nooooooo :'( I knew one of the 9th gen had to leave soon but... I had a hunch it was gonna be Eripon...

I'm shocked and don't really know what else to say.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I just hope this doesn't mean there's going to be a trend of MM shedding girls every year to reflect the name changes. :/
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

pops the champagne.

who wants a glass?
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="192439" data-time="1446130715">
I had a hunch it was gonna be Eripon...</blockquote>

I wished it would be her...
Campy <3 !
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="192438" data-time="1446129658">I like Riho, but I've go no negative feelings about this. They leaned on her too much. All hail our new MaaDuu overlords.</blockquote>The one positive that can come out of this is a creative shakeup among the writers, composers and arrangers. But I'm not holding my breath for that.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phancy" data-cid="192437" data-time="1446129514">time to get some vodka</blockquote>I'm a beer type of person myself, but I like your way of thinking.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="192441" data-time="1446130899">pops the champagne.

who wants a glass?</blockquote>More like "I'm asking to get glassed", am I right? :pirate:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I've kind of been in the middle about Riho. She isn't my favorite, but I don't dislike her. Honestly, this announcement surprises me, but at the same time it doesn't. I expected Iikubo Haruna to announce her graduation first, and based off of Sato Masaki's interview, she seemed likely to be leaving soon as well. But Riho was having issues over the summer, and I have noticed that in the last few singles, she's lost that sparkle that she had in years before.

Honestly, I expected Kanon or Eripon to graduate first out of the 9ki.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wow, it still feels like 9th gen just joined to me. And I definitely didn't think Riho would be the first one. Riho's blog popped up on my Facebook page (because it was trending) so for a few seconds all I knew was that someone from 9th gen was graduating on the 31st of December, and I was just hoping it wasn't Eripon.

I'm not surprised that Riho's graduating, but I am surprised that's she's not sticking it out and having a graduation tour. I really wish she could have done that, it's always sad when members don't get the proper goodbye's they deserve.
Sucks for MM that they're losing their center. I feel like now, rather than just one girl, it's going to be of a divided center now with Mizuki-Sakura-Masaki and maybe Haruka, they'll probably put Miki or Maria in a supporting center role now. Eripon will also probably get more screen time.

I'm sad to see her go. I was hoping MM was going to crank out another album this year (especially since it would line up the album number with the year), but it I doubt it now that it's already almost November. I wish that ANGERME would have released one too :/ I wanted some more songs with Kanon and shuffles before she graduates.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="192439" data-time="1446130715">
I had a hunch it was gonna be Eripon...
</blockquote>

I wished it would be her...

[/quote]

The member I wished would leave next is actually a 12th gen, so... :P
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

God... one week ago I was looking the Prism tour setlist thinking "so there is time left for Iikubo to announce her graduation" but this hits me right in the face :(
Unlike everyone, I'm actually surprised, from this new era I could not think that Riho would be the 1st one to leave...
I'd like Oda-Kudo center, Mizuki is kinda boring to me.

Is Thea still alive tho?
Image Hey
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I also feel like this is partially due to the health things she seemed to be having during the summer. It will be interesting to see MM after she leaves. Another "big spot" to fill. It will be interesting to see if they go to Kohaku this year. 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Based on the other girls' entries, it seems like none of them saw it coming, and they only just recently found out.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

This is definitely sudden, and screams either scandal (unlikely) or Riho's decision to quit and just get the fuck out as soon as possible. I don't know why she'd want to leave so badly, but it kinda sucks she won't get her big send-off. I wish her well.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="192429" data-time="1446126833">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="192427" data-time="1446126038">
<div>

<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

Mizuki and Sakura are guaranteed. Mizuki is already the most popular after Riho, already a lead, and like Riho is that perfect combination of girl next door that the wota love. I can understand from a business standpoint why they'd push her over Haruka, not that she doesn't hit a lot of the idol checkboxes herself. And if they had wanted to make anyone in 10th gen a bigger force than they already are, especially given that Haruka was pretty popular when they joined, I think it would have happened by now because 9th gen have never really been super far ahead of the curve talent-wise compared to them. They've already been members for four years.

All i can say is that if the new lead is like, Maria, I'm quitting MM and devoting 100% of my time to Angerme.

</div>
</blockquote>

In general, I agree that MM "stars" usually reveal themselves as stars very soon after joining, but no one in the current group fits that category -- certainly not Mizuki, and none of the 12th gens, either -- so giving more responsibility to Kudo makes by far the most sense. She's been given a legitimate push forward since Sayumi left, and has done nothing to show she doesn't deserve it. Really, the only logical choices are Kudo and Masaki, and Kudo is the more mature of the two. I see Mizuki as Kaori Ida during her final years: a dependable presence who reached her ceiling long ago.
maryshiin
Kenshuusei

Post by maryshiin »

wow, she was the last member I expected to leave next.... It feels a bit weird, she not my favorite member but I quite liked her...She seemed to be having trouble reaching her "high notes" (which sounded more like screaming to me) during the last concerts though... I wonder why the decision was so sudden ? 

At least, I hope now the lines will be distributed a bit more fairly (I doubt but stil...)
maryshiin
Kenshuusei

Post by maryshiin »

it's a bit sad to think that she won't even get a proper graduation tour though. I wonder what the members are going to say in their goodbye speeches since they don't even look that close