[2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Post by Anderei »

I feel like I've seen them all before. Very similar setup to a lot of recent ones.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Post by MejraThea »

They're all very normal and not great but not that they could be great anymore anyway.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I like most of them...

I don't like reg C or Lim A tho.. I probably really like Reg and Lim B because of those costumes, though. The colors are SO <3
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

What a mess. Reg C is probably the best of a bad group. Lim C would be okay if not for the unnecessary and stupidly placed song titles over the group photo. 
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Typical H!P cover work, so nothing to say there. I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling this out of nowhere, but I'm really proud of the MM girls! Looking at the pics with the Maria gen (lol I still don't know their names), I feel like they're a very strong group right now. If we could juuust get more variety and music tv show exposure, they'd be set. *sigh*
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Yeah, don't really care much for any of these covers. Just same old...
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

MM songs are consistently getting worse. One day even my love for Maa-chan won't be enough for force myself to listen to them.

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="smtmissin"]
MM songs are consistently getting worse. One day even my love for Maa-chan won't be enough for force myself to listen to them.
[/quote]

Really?! I disagree with gusto. I love all the songs on this single and I think MM are just getting better and better. Their performance is through the roof and the best it's been in years. 

I like Limited B. I'll be buying this. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I got my Riho dance solo.

No rap though. :<

I think a problem with H!P is that you REALLY need to see them live to appreciate how amazing they are. A song could be great, but for example it may be great on the CD but live it would be done absolute crap. H!P groups deliver such amazing performances that you kind forget how much you didn't care for this or that song. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Wow, I do wonder what they're going to to Wakacchanai since it's basically being passed up for the time being.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I got my Riho dance solo.

No rap though. :<

I think a problem with H!P is that you REALLY need to see them live to appreciate how amazing they are. A song could be great, but for example it may be great on the CD but live it would be done absolute crap. H!P groups deliver such amazing performances that you kind forget how much you didn't care for this or that song. 
[/quote]

Yeah, but I'd rather enjoy the studio version that costs like 99 cents. Shouldn't great music be able to be enjoyed whether it's live or not? These songs are like platinum-era Musume sung by much worse vocalists.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Throughout that entire One and Only performance all I can see is Miki holding her microphone in her right hand opposite to everyone else.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ugh. I just can't like One and Only, the lyrics are too bad.

Excited to see the PV's though.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I guessing Wakacchanai will be an album song since it went over badly. Or maybe they'll just never release it.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

What the fuuuuuuuck is that Tsumetai Kaze solo dance?!?! The choreography?!?! Is so bad?!? Especially in a song about a cold breeze and unrequited love? How does boxy elbows, super sharp movement and hunching convey those cold yet whimsical feelings? I mean towards the end it got better but still, that was just painful to watch. It doesn't have to be strictly ballet but that choreo felt all sorts of wrong.

Looks like Miki's arm is injured Q_Q Wonder what she did to it, Miikiiiiii.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I don't think they actually try to make the dance match what the song really says, it's just supposed to be a whole thing on it's own.
[/quote]

I guess, but it still feels off Q_Q

Btw, for those who didn't know this week's H!S is up and it features Endless Sky. This is my favorite song of the single, and is surprisingly close to beating out Sukatto as my favorite MM song of the year. Personally I like the MV, but I have a feeling all 3 MVs are gonna be really similar in how they're shot and I'm definitely not looking forward to that.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm not too fond of the MV so far but it is the H!S edit. It seems really similar to that 3rd a-side of last single (the name is escaping me right now). The song is nice though but I imagined something more involving the sky.
Formerly Mizura
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I really like what we have of the PV so far.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

[quote="Mukuro"]
Throughout that entire One and Only performance all I can see is Miki holding her microphone in her right hand opposite to everyone else.
[/quote]

She injured her hand in one of the performances. That's probably why. She was supposed to do acrobatics with Erina but then Ayumi had to quickly learn it in her place when she hurt herself. 

I literally don't understand the 'bad singers' everyone is bleating about. Mizuki is a beautiful singer, Sakura is amazing, Ayumi has gotten loads better, Haruka is REALLY good now, Kanon's voice sounds great, Masaki is squeaky but it's a pleasant squeak, 12th gen I can't comment on too much yet but to be honest overall I think they sound really good. 

For once to be honest I like all aspects of this single. I love the members, love the songs, love the dances!
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Short video preview of One and Only--Better than I expected. Btw, Riho referred to Tsumetai as her "feature" song in the talking segment.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiHRzFKov ... u.be">Full Radio rip</a> of MM'15's Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi.

The first instrumental break, meh. Second was heavenly, loved it. I don't care for that opening though. It's annoying to me now. The electronic bleeps. Please go away! I'm over you. Everything else about the song I like.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

The only thing I have to say about any of this is I hate literally everything about Riho's outfit for Osaka Koi no Uta jesus christ I can't even focus on anything else
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="193375" data-time="1449692869">week's H!S is up and it features Endless Sky</blockquote>
It's a total snorefest and the utterly tacky lyrics kill any chance it may have had in my book. When watching and listening to it the first time I felt almost glad that Riho was bailing out.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="193325" data-time="1449587548">Covers are out and I don't really care for any of them.

http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7164/</blockquote>
They're utter garbage. I agree with JPope that both Limited and Regular C are probably the least shitty.

I haven't been keeping a close eye on this single, partly due to being busy but partly due to denial over the graduation, but what I've seen so far doesn't look and sound optimistic at all. :ph34r:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiHRzFKov ... u.be">Full Radio rip</a> of MM'15's Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi.

The first instrumental break, meh. Second was heavenly, loved it. I don't care for that opening though. It's annoying to me now. The electronic bleeps. Please go away! I'm over you. Everything else about the song I like.
[/quote]
It was the opposite for me. I liked the first instrumental break more than the second one especially with the guitar riff. It is a good song overall.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I'll have to agree with Q that I've had to watch them in a concert before coming to appreciate the songs.  That happened to Tiki Bun, Seishun Kozou, and One and Only.  Yes, the English lyrics are embarrassing and not in the least bit natural, but they're giving 110% every time and that's the only thing that counts.

Meanwhile, Endless Sky is my total jam which makes up for everything else that just screams rush job (see: PV, outfits, promotional campaign, posters - are they out yet?, and...)  Barring the worst choice of cheap synths in the instrumental breakdown, I'm just enjoying the tacky and sugar that's coming off this song.  I know that Riho is supposed to be the ace and we need all sorts of deep thinking and metaphorical lyrics, but hey, it's totally fine to go out in a group song of rainbows and unicorns.  She's spent enough time brooding and pushing herself during her tenure in the group.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Thank god English is not my native language so if I try not to pay close attention I won't be able to understand most of what they're singing. I feel less embarrassed listening to One and Only that way. It gives me serious goosebumps in a bad way when I can hear the lyrics.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

One and Only has grown on me and while the lyrics can be awkward at parts I just think it is super cute now.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

Regular C jacket looks pretty good, others are just meh. As for the songs, I'm not the type to listen to melancholic stuff, but I absolutely love Tsumetai. As for One and Only I feel the same as yuzu, Endless Sky is nothing special for now.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked the radio rips of the songs, but seeing the PVs ruined it for me. I still like this single more than I've liked their recent ones but it's still lacking something.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Now that I've had a chance to listen to all the previews and see the PVs (minus the radio rip of Tsumetai because I like seeing the video with the song for first impressions), I've got to say that I'm very optimistic about this single! I don't get the negativity at all, unless people are just upset Riho is leaving.

The songs aren't deep or whatever, but they're fun and actually sound nice on top of it, so I'm a happy camper.