Hello!Project Fanvote 2015

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Hello!Project Fanvote 2015

Post by Shoujo Q »

Please take a moment and take part in the H!P Fanvote 2015. It would mean a lot to the guy who put it together to get a lot more people involved in the English H!P community.

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YHvf3l ... form">Link to Poll</a>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Project Fanvote 2015

Post by arcobaleno »

Ah, thank you for linking to that, again, Q! I love the fanvote.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Last year my top 10 songs was almost all MM'14 but this year they're not even on my top 3 lol some of the songs died pretty fast
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Here are the results from the last two years if you're interested. 2013 / 2014

If anyone remembers that time years ago when 2ch got a hold of H!O's fanvote and took question as to what the hell was wrong with English speaking H!P fans. This vote was created to get a more broad scope of the H!P fan community that isn't just int Hello!Online so it's going out to all the Hello!Project fan communities in hopes to get a better grasp of who we like and what we like. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I gave almost all my votes to Angerme members, I don't even care that they won't win.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I voted more for the underdog members that I like. They may not win but it feels good seeing the results higher.
Formerly Mizura
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Done. I went a bit C-ute crazy but I have loved every release from them for a really long time. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wait, I thought this was the thingy that had pictures of the girls to rate. I can't pick a favorite member without that thing. :cryalot:
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Here's the imgur link of the results : <a class="bbc_url" href="http://m.imgur.com/a/88YaS">http://m.im ... a/88YaS</a>

So Sakura and Airi switched places for the best singer and Riho and Ayumi swtiched placed for the best dancer (im comparaison with last year).

I'm glad for Ayaka (KF), she seems to have been noticed by a lot of people.

Masaki definitely gains more fans through the year but Airi seems to be stable on top. And it seems to me the same girls keep ranking in almost all categories, but in a different order.
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

And 2chan's reaction.

I mean how do you summarize something like this?  They are unsurprised Airi is number one but pretty surprised Zukki is down to number ten.  I've also seen quite a few comments along the lines of "Karin lost to a monkey" and just about karin ranking so low in general.  They are also wondering how we can even have Masaki as best blogger because they can barely understand her blog.  Oda is ugly, why is Kudou in top ten dancers, etc. etc.

I mean you'll find a hater for everyone though seriously.  One person was like WHY IS AIRI NUMBER ONE FOR BEST LOOKS EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T CUTE AT ALL.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="yuzu"]
And 2chan's reaction.

I mean how do you summarize something like this?  They are unsurprised Airi is number one but pretty surprised Zukki is down to number ten.  I've also seen quite a few comments along the lines of "Karin lost to a monkey" and just about karin ranking so low in general.  They are also wondering how we can even have Masaki as best blogger because they can barely understand her blog.  Oda is ugly, why is Kudou in top ten dancers, etc. etc.

I mean you'll find a hater for everyone though seriously.  One person was like WHY IS AIRI NUMBER ONE FOR BEST LOOKS EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T CUTE AT ALL.
[/quote]

I have to ask this as well.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because a lot of Haruka fans probably voted in the poll and nominated her for a ton of stuff. It's how people of middling to low popularity like Kanon, Sakura and Masaki all ranked so high. Polls that aren't random and require you to go out of your way to participate result in people with particularly strong feelings voting, which makes them unreliable. 

That best singer list is even worse than best dancer. Riho, Kanon and Masaki have no business being on it. 

Really, I'd be asking why Eripon and Rikako ranked so high on the dancing list too lol. Not terrible but not best tier when compared to other people, even within their own groups. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I forgot to vote. :'(

Erina is one of the worst dancers in Momusu imo so I have no idea how she was top 10. I feel like Karin should've been on that list instead of her.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="193655" data-time="1450832382">
Because a lot of Haruka fans probably voted in the poll and nominated her for a ton of stuff. It's how people of middling to low popularity like Kanon, Sakura and Masaki all ranked so high. Polls that aren't random and require you to go out of your way to participate result in people with particularly strong feelings voting, which makes them unreliable.</blockquote>

Good point, and one worth a repost. I admire whoever put this together because it's huuuge and the data is awesome, but I really couldn't be assed to take the time to do it. The picture selection ranking was so easy, and even kinda fun, that I'm still a bit bummed this one was formatted differently. I think an even better ranking would be to combine the two and have separate best dancer, best singer, and so on categories ranked with the pictures! Let's be honest, hardcore fans will rate their favorites the best every time, but being forced to rank, say, Riho against Sakura would force most middle range fans to pause and really consider just how obsessed they really are with Riho ranking first in that category.

I had nothing to do with it either way, so I'm not criticizing as much as just throwing the idea out there. Sitting and rifling through my brain for every H!P girl ever as if I can remember more than two at a time is just not a good fit for the less invested fans like me, so I think Anderei raises an excellent point that the results are probably skewed because of that.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I like seeing ANGERME with three of the top-six singles.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Anderei"]
That best singer list is even worse than best dancer. Riho, Kanon and Masaki have no business being on it. 

Really, I'd be asking why Eripon and Rikako ranked so high on the dancing list too lol. Not terrible but not best tier when compared to other people, even within their own groups. 
[/quote]

Yeah. Also, Airi is a pretty good dancer, but she shouldn't be that high on the dancing list, either.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Erina isn't a good dancer but Rikako and Duu are good imo (Rikako being a bit better). Airi is good and within C-ute, she's at Maimi level (and sometimes, I like her way of dancing better than Nakky's). Also, within newbies, no one besides Manaka and Rikako are particularly recognized in the fandom for their dance. So it leaves empty spots for some senpai, who aren't specially praised for their dance but are still good at it.
Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Actually one comment I remember reading on the 2ch thread was someone saying they totally understood why Erina was up there because of her acrobatics so maybe foreign fans said the same thing.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="yuzu"]
Actually one comment I remember reading on the 2ch thread was someone saying they totally understood why Erina was up there because of her acrobatics so maybe foreign fans said the same thing.
[/quote]

Thanks for your summary yuzu ! (forgot to thank you earlier ^^')

It may be a reason, since some people tend to forgot how dance and acrobatics are two differents things, requiring different skills.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm surprised by how well Morning Musume did in all of the rankings. None of the stuff they really produced this year was that great in my opinion. The results definitely seem biased but there's not much to really do about it.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

52% of voters listed MM as their favorite group, which explains that.