Hello!Project 2016 Prediction Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Mukuro
ANGERME

Hello!Project 2016 Prediction Thread

Post by Mukuro »

Same as every other year, post your predictions on what will happen in the H!P world this upcoming year!

Last year the only correct prediction I had was that country Girls would lose a member in it's first year.

This year I predict:

-With Riho leaving Haruka takes a main spot and Zukki moves up to supporting vocalist
-Iikubo Haruna graduates at the end of the year [I'm going to keep predicting this until it happens]
-ANGERME continues to release amazing music, epic Meimi graduation single
-Morning Musume 13ki auditions
-C-ute announces hiatus at the end of the year
-Juice=Juice does/releases something exciting to make me remember they actually exist
-Kobushi loses a member that I don't like 

Derby
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Project 2016 Prediction Thread

Post by Derby »

Aahh I want to wait for other people's prediction so I can copy them but I guess I have to come up with my own.

MM'16 - Oda and Mizuki fill the spot left by Riho, Haruka and Miki fill the sub-lead girls' spot.
MM'16 - Iikubo Haruna and Ikuta Erina graduations announced during Spring tour.
MM'16 - No auditions announced this year (Seriously guys, they would be 10 members if these 2 left + Riho, why more untalented girls?)
ºC-ute - Hiatus announced in Summer, the rest of the year will have and album and a goodbye single.
Anger - Great singles this year, Kana will be pushed instead of Takeuchi, who will have to wait until Meimi is gone.
Anger - Rina announces her graduation due to being too tired to even write a proper explanation. Focuses on resting at home.
Juice - Drop the boring-singles-concept and release an awesome song, sadly it is released in late November so their year is horrible again.
Country - They become more popular than J=J. Funaki is used as the main vocal.
Kobushi - Start doing good and appearing in multiple variety shows. Fuji develops an annoying lesbian character and starts harassing the younger members.
Tsubaki - 2 members cancel their contracts like Uta, their parents don't agree with it.
KobuxTsuba - With the 2 members loss, Tsubaki is stuck to the back and H!P focuses on Kobushi, no member additions for Tsubaki.
Kenshuusei - New unit announced in Autumn, the concept is meat and the members represent different meats from Japan, surprisingly the become a hit and are used to promote food from Japan all over the world using the remarkable name of Meaty Girls.
Last edited by Derby on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kenshuusei: They will debut Danbara (like Mukuro, I'm going to say this every year until it happens.)
Country Girls: Sets a new highest (CG) sale in 2016.
Country Girls: Yanagawa becomes the new ace of CG (STEALS UTA'S LINES?!)
Country Girls: Yanagawa's color--purple , Funaki--light blue
Kobushi: Has a more mature song in 2016
Kobushi: Fujii Rio leaves Kobushi
MM'16: Miki gets pushed more, vocally... Meanwhile Maria gets pushed more visually and dance-wise. (Miki seems to already be pushed, so I just figure they'll push her more)
MM'16: Maa-chan becomes new MM center (this feels obv, but we'll see if it works out that way)
MM'16: New single sells 180,000 copies, Oricon #1
C-ute: Will not go on hiatus/disband
Ju=Ju: Won't get a breakout hit, but will perform at Budokan
Angerme: Will release a cutesy song, something similar to 1st gen S/mileage
Angerme: Moe will come to be a fan favorite
Tsubaki: No debut in 2016, continues on indies
Momochi: Leaves CG at the end of the year, but stays within H!P (maybe staff?)

Extras:
-New H!P show (dear god pls no more Girls Live)
-Miyabi's group is arranged, but has little activity
-Behind MM, ANGERME will have highest sales, not C-ute.
-Kobushi will get their first album (plssss)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Morning Musume
- 13 gen auditions, one winner.
- Either Kanon, Erina, or Haruna Ikubo graduates.
- Someone gets a color change, Riho's red.
- Someone in 12 gen gets an injury.

C-ute
- Announces disbandment this year either this winter or spring.

Country Girls
- They'll have a great year.
- Momoko announces graduation at the end of the year.
- Gets a first album.

Kobushi Factory
- Continue being the superior Factory group.

Tsubaki Factory
- Someone leaves the group before debut.

Juice=Juice
- 2nd gen announced.
- Goes back to mature songs (hopefully).

ANGERME
- Kana and the new girl gets promoted to main.
- Continues making great songs.

Misc.
Coconuts Musume gets revived.
Uta joins another idol group.
Last edited by mrsross on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>My best prediction to date was the 2014 thread where I called Berryz being mothballed and Momoko getting a new H!P non-solo gig. That and my feeling that a scandal was gonna hit MM just one day before the first Kago scandal broke.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I think Star had the biggest hit in the 2015 thread with this: </div>
  • An MM song with an overwhelming amount of English lines
<div>Solid call, Star.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>So here we go!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MM</div>
<div> </div>
<div>• 2 graduations: Erina and Haruna Iikubo</div>
<div>• New member auditions</div>
<div>• Zukki stays chubby and in the background</div>
<div>• Kudo and Sato are pushed as the faces of the group until...</div>
<div>• Sato scandal</div>
<div>• EDM sound completely abandoned</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>ANGERME</div>
<div> </div>
<div>• One or more S/Mileage alums graduate.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Bold = Bold Ass Prediction</div>
<div> </div>
Last edited by JPope on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Also, I'm with TicTac: I don't see C-ute disbanding at all. Berryz was an easy call because their sales were crap and they looked like they hated their jobs. Neither is the case with C-ute.

I get a sort of MKB vibe from them in the sense that they still enjoy being in an idol group, and being in a group with each other. Their sales have never been better, so I don't see any pressure from management to close them down, either. Honestly, they are the most successful group currently in the H!P stable behind MM. There's just no logical reason to shut them down.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Unless some girl in C-ute want to get married, they will continue on.

Angerme's sales will stay at 45k mark, which is pretty good.

Morming Musume releases less EDM and more real songs.

More boring singles for Juice=Juice (and more, and more, and more, and more more more....)until they get some new fresh members and start heading in a different direction, nothing'll change.

More boring, cute singles for Country Girl which I don't care to listen a second time.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Morning Musume:

-Iikubo or Ikuta graduation.

-Haruka and Masaki lead.

-Miki and Maria continue to be pushed out of 12ki.

-13k audition with two winners.

C-ute:

-Some sort of scandal involving a guy.

-Hiatus announced.

ANGERME:

-Stageplay before Meimi's graduation with her as lead. (Subjective to how soon she is graduating.)

-Falls behind a little without Kanon and Meimi.

-Releases a kick ass song to make up for the loss of Kanon and Meimi and to redeem themselves.

Juice=Juice:

-2nd generation . . . Maybe?

Kobushi & Tsubaki:

-Kobushi remains superior.

-Tsubaki loses a girl before debut.

-Tsubaki finally debut.

-The two groups are marketed as kind of rival teams and they have to constantly compete after Tsubaki's debut.

Country Girls:

-Continues to be adorable and make me like Momoko more.

-Some commercial deal or collaboration with someone outside H!P.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Morning Musume
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Akane gets a lead.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Album release with shuffles that are not by generation
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Suzuki gets skinny again (another lead in a single?)
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Iikubo gets a big TV break
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Maria gets an anime tie-in
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">C-ute
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Graduates from H!P and joins the OG Up! Front sector, but they do not disband.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- One or two members gets another drama role (Saki, yes. And Maimi?)
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Country Girls
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- They bring back their 1st single, in which Musubu takes Uta's lines.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Momoko announces, near the end of the year, she will graduate from the group. 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Kobushi Factory
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Someone leaves the group. I second Rio.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Tsubaki Factory
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Still don't debut or they reshuffle the group with different members
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Juice=Juice
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Gets more popular due to their NEXT YOU! drama. 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Releases 2nd album.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">ANGERME
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Moe blends into the group well. Gets an album track or b-side with Maho and Rina.

- Ayaka announces graduation at the end of the year.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Misc.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Shuffles or Sub units announced and/or a group single (a la ALL FOR ONE) 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Ruru debuts
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">- Miyabi debuts with her new group outside of H!P. They also have a fashion theme.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

MM

- 13ki announcement in the spring. 3 winners

- A graduation. Probably Iikubo or Ikuta

- continue to have boring songs and MVs.

C-ute

- They don't disband but they start getting boring songs.

- They announce they don't want to be an idol group and start focusing on a more artist image.

Angerme

- Ayaka announces graduation.

- Takechan gets more of a push.

- Moe, Mizuki and Kana get pushed as the main vocalists with Meimi gone.

- A scandal involving Rina (I see this as being super unlikely though)

J=J

- Next you brings more attention to them and they sell better, but continue to have boring singles.

- A 2nd gen is announced. All the hardcore J=J fans complain and cause problems.

- Someone announces their graduation. Probably Sayuki.

Kobushi

- They continue with the rock sound.

- Someone leaves.

Country Girls

- They continue to do well.

- Momoko stays in the group for at least another year.

Tsubaki

- They stay indies for at least another year.

- They adopt the edm sound.

- People don't care too much for them and the sales show that.

Misc

- Suzuki Kanon finally gets placed in one of those Satoyama/umi shuffle units.

- something like mobekimasu. The result sounds like an Akb48 song and akb fans get upset. Overall it brings more attention to H!P

- Miyabi ends up creating an international up-front group featuring members from other countries. They do fairly well but people think of coconuts musume.

- Shimamura Uta auditions for 13ki Morning musume. If not she appears in another idol group.

- Cuca joins a different idol group local to where she lives (so all of her obnoxious fans stop gushing that she belongs in Morning Musume).
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think C-ute has until Maimi turns 25. Once they start getting too old for the H!P image, their sales won't save them. They're not amazing enough to keep them around for that reason alone.

Other than C-ute continuing on, I don't have any predictions.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

My only prediction is that there has to be a scandal.  We have gone way too long without a scandal it is time.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sales trumps all. If C-ute continues to sell 60K - 70K singles consistently, they'll go for as long as the girls want. The members of MKB were all older than 25 -- Megumi and Hitomi were nearly 30 -- when they finally called it quits. If they're moving product, their image is not a problem.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="JPope"]
Sales trumps all. If C-ute continues to sell 60K - 70K singles consistently, they'll go for as long as the girls want. The members of MKB were all older than 25 -- Megumi and Hitomi were nearly 30 -- when they finally called it quits. If they're moving product, their image is not a problem.
[/quote]
Didn't they stop being idols during after the Elder Club graduation and they made the move to Up Front? If that was the case that that would explain the case with MKB ending as old as they were than C-ute.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="iDOL1641"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193668" data-time="1450858005">
<div>
[/quote]
Didn't they stop being idols during after the Elder Club graduation and they made the move to Up Front? If that was the case that that would explain the case with MKB ending as old as they were than C-ute.

</div>
</blockquote>

What were their sales like when they were moved to EC?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193668" data-time="1450858005">
Sales trumps all. If C-ute continues to sell 60K - 70K singles consistently, they'll go for as long as the girls want. The members of MKB were all older than 25 -- Megumi and Hitomi were nearly 30 -- when they finally called it quits. If they're moving product, their image is not a problem.</blockquote>

But that was then, when they had a lot of older people. H!P's been pushing everyone past their early 20s out the door. Image is everything for an idol company.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

Sales trumps all. If C-ute continues to sell 60K - 70K singles consistently, they'll go for as long as the girls want. The members of MKB were all older than 25 -- Megumi and Hitomi were nearly 30 -- when they finally called it quits. If they're moving product, their image is not a problem.
</blockquote>
But that was then, when they had a lot of older people. H!P's been pushing everyone past their early 20s out the door. Image is everything for an idol company.

[/quote]

No. Sales are everything. Sales drive image, not the other way around. If C-ute continues to have strong sales into their 30s, then H!P will change the perceived image of H!P to fit that reality.

The idea that an idol production company is going to dissolve one of their biggest money making acts because they're "too old to fit the current idol image" is not realistic. If their sales are strong and they're making the company money, there is nothing wrong with their image. 

If you want to predict that C-ute will be disbanded because they will experience a massive sales decline due to their aging members, that's different. But understand that their future is predicated on two things: 1) their desire to continue in the industry, and 2) their ability to sell product. They will be dissolved when at least one of those two things goes away, and not before.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Less prediction, more wish:

*UP-FRONT remembers to hire enough songwriters to be sure of more than 2 releases for each major group, and not have a full 3 months with no new music releases.

*No third Factory.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oh my wish for '16.

More TV appearances. More social media presence. The groups are strong enough performers but they need to grow their fanbase even more if they want to survive the eventual collapse of the idol boom which I fear may be coming soon. I'd love to see H!P either do another group song or a drama. Get people to know all these new girls now that Berryz is gone and we have the Factories.

Return of the Hinafest shuffles!

Some CM work for anyone would be great!

Even better, a group to do some Anime or Drama song work. Now that the songwriting and producing has opened up beyond Tsunku I feel like this would be a great time to snag a few good deals in that department.

An arena for a Hello!Project concert.

Tsubaki to have a few more members added to flesh out their sound.

Juice=Juice to finally get their groove back. They spent 2015 doing mostly tours so I hope they spend 2016 showing how much they've grown as a group but they need the right type of song and I'm really not feeling the ones they have right now. Hopefully they'll get a killer song this summer that brings them back into the spotlight.

Morning Musume needs more variety in their singles. More like their 59th single would be nice.

I also want them to release a Christmas song.

Actually, I'd like for any of the groups to release a Christmas song.

And my biggest wish? H!PxSailor Moon collab.

I don't care what it is but I want it to happen.

Kudo as Sailor Uranus needs to happen! It's like written in the stars that combo needs to happen. It's my fan girl wish! And Sakura as Sailor Saturn would be nice.

Oh and as for C-ute, I'd like to see them try and do some more artist work and less idol work and transition beyond Hello!Project. But I feel like Mai is really not feeling it. So they may end up calling it quits if her voice doesn't improve.

ANGERME, after Kanon and now Meimi leaves they are really going to struggle finding their voice so I just hope the transition is smooth and not as bad as when Morning Musume lost Takahashi that they needed to hold another audition to find their Uta-hime. They have some decent singers now but they aren't always reliable with all the songs.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Country Girls: Yanagawa becomes the new ace of CG (STEALS UTA'S LINES?!)
Country Girls: Yanagawa's color--purple , Funaki--light blue
MM'16: Miki gets pushed more, vocally... Meanwhile Maria gets pushed more visually and dance-wise. (Miki seems to already be pushed, so I just figure they'll push her more)
MM'16: Maa-chan becomes new MM center (this feels obv, but we'll see if it works out that way)
Ju=Ju: Won't get a breakout hit, but will perform at Budokan
Angerme: Moe will come to be a fan favorite
Tsubaki: No debut in 2016, continues on indies
Momochi: Leaves CG at the end of the year, but stays within H!P (maybe staff?)

Extras:
-Miyabi's group is arranged, but has little activity
-Kobushi will get their first album (plssss)
[/quote]

It's that time of year! Which of your predictions came true?!~? 

I bolded mine that came true.... How about y'all?

Any surprises you could've never guessed would happen? For me it'd be Manaka leaving, C-ute releasing songs I really like and the fact that 13th gen had no winners the first time around (againnn)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Well, Masaki was only center on some singles. I don't think centering a couple of songs makes her the center of MM quite yet, especially when they've all been shared with Oda.

However, your other predictions were correct indeed! Good job.  :thumbsup:
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

None of my predictions ended up becoming true. And I must've been having a really bad day when I made that list since most stuff involves people graduating, scandals or people being pissed and everything being boring. It was amusing to read though.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
MM
- A graduation. Probably Iikubo or Ikuta
- continue to have boring songs and MVs.

C-ute
- They announce they don't want to be an idol group and start focusing on a more artist image.

Angerme
- Takechan gets more of a push.

J=J
- Next you brings more attention to them and they sell better, but continue to have boring singles.

Kobushi
- They continue with the rock sound.

Country Girls
- They continue to do well.

Tsubaki
- They stay indies for at least another year.
- People don't care too much for them and the sales show that.
[/quote]

Nonsense, Mizura! You had some true predictions :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.