Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="203300" data-time="1481701005">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="203299" data-time="1481697062">
I really wish Tsunku was still picking the girls :/
</blockquote>

Yup.</blockquote>

Doubtless, we all do! Except them dirty Tsunku haters, but they aren't real fans.  :rolleyes:
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="203299" data-time="1481697062">I really wish Tsunku was still picking the girls :/</blockquote>
It was always debated just how much influence Tsunku actually has on the chosing process, but which was the last audition where he was officially involved in?
First 12th gen with no winners in 2013?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think tsunku was in the 12ki failed audition and he hasn't been in any of them ever since.

What do you guys think would have happened if he was still around picking the girls?
which of the 12ki girls would have definitely no goten in and which KSS he would have picked for the 13ki?
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't know but I'm seeing a lot of people on all the forums acting like Tsunku wasn't a participant in some auditions that resulted in some of the least talented members in the groups history. Maybe his influence kept us from getting a 100% dud like 12th gen but its not like he puts talent first. Tsunku loves a project girl. None of the polished girls everyone wants probably would have gotten in. Kaede probably wouldn't have either.

Maria or Akane probably would haven't have gotten in. Tsunku probably would have wanted no more than one kenshuusei but I also don't know how many people are choosing girls. It obviously wasn't just him.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Didn't Tsunku choose the finalists and could only suggest which girls they should take? I mean the fist auditions were mostly Tsunku, but at some point he stopped being the one choosing the winners.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I still haven't forgiven Tsunku for his comment about Kaede not being "super beautiful" so I can almost guarantee she wouldn't have gotten in if he were in charge.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="203307" data-time="1481728748">
Didn't Tsunku choose the finalists and could only suggest which girls they should take? I mean the fist auditions were mostly Tsunku, but at some point he stopped being the one choosing the winners.</blockquote>

I have a hard time believing the people who fund the group don't put their hands in until so far in. I don't doubt they valued his opinion, however.

I feel like we've had this discussion before and someone mentioned that way back around 2001 or 2002 the CEO said Tsunku did the music, and everything else was up to him. He may very well not be the guy in charge anymore but still.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="203309" data-time="1481731826">I still haven't forgiven Tsunku for his comment about Kaede not being "super beautiful" so I can almost guarantee she wouldn't have gotten in if he were in charge.</blockquote>
Since when has he been about selecting "super beautiful" girls?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm pretty certain that he was still involved in picking the new generations up until 12th generation, seeing as we saw him all over the footage in those. People have been contesting Tsunku's influence for years, but it's very obvious when he was no longer part of the decisions, even if we hadn't been alerted to it.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="203309" data-time="1481731826">
I still haven't forgiven Tsunku for his comment about Kaede not being "super beautiful" so I can almost guarantee she wouldn't have gotten in if he were in charge.
</blockquote>

[/quote]

True, all I'm saying is the fact that he brought that up when critiquing her makes me think that he considered that to be a major factor playing against her.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Tsunku had a good eye for diamonds in the rough and adding girls that blend well with current members and as a generation. Obviously there are some members that well short of that or weren't as great, but I've been with MM for almost 10 years now (omg) and I've never been so disinterested by members as I have by 12th gen. All of them.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="203324" data-time="1481741680"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="203314" data-time="1481734257"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="203309" data-time="1481731826">
I still haven't forgiven Tsunku for his comment about Kaede not being "super beautiful" so I can almost guarantee she wouldn't have gotten in if he were in charge.</blockquote>
</blockquote>

True, all I'm saying is the fact that he brought that up when critiquing her makes me think that he considered that to be a major factor playing against her.</blockquote>

Knowing him it was probably a point in her favor. He was a fan of a mostly unknown 90s idol group and one of his praises was that they were not beautiful.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Everyone knows Tsunku's got an "odd" eye for beauty anyway, always has. H!P girls look different than most other idol groups for the most part.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The more I think about it, the more I like Kaede in MM. She seems to be salty, I am salty, a match made in heaven.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I prefer saltiness when it's accompanied by talent that makes it justifiable - Mikitty (solo career ended to get thrown in a group), Yuko (grown woman stuck with a bunch of teenagers), so on.  Kaede just kind of seems like she thinks she's a lot better and more deserving of accolades than she really is LOL I hope she lets this part of her personality present itself anyway because I'd rather have an annoying member than another boring one.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

12ki/13ki from The Girls Live, here's what the members interviewed had to say:

Oda: I'm not worried about them, really.. Because they're both capable girls... ...I'd like 12ki to properly step up as seniors themselves, too. I want 12ki to try their best. I'd like them to be able to say they've changed.
Kudo: Well we knew, we just had to keep quiet! It was tough. This is the first new gen for us that wasn't a surprise to the current members themselves. I felt extra-sensitive to how time passed... But I feel it put a good end to our tour.
Ayumi: This is the first time 12ki will be seniors, I wonder how they will change? Now they'll have to be (more serious) and 12ki the will have to "spoil" 13ki. I'm looking forward to that.

The fact it's been 2 years and 3 months since 12ki joined hurts me so much still. Also the fact they taunt 12ki's Seishun Collection as their proof of "growth" is so...

Ikuta on 12ki: They've had a number of hardships and things they haven't wanted to do... But they've overcome that. So, I want them to hold those feelings close as they watch over 13ki. They may think "I can't do this" or "When I was the kohai I couldn't do this," but I would like them to focus on what they're confident in and go from there. Since it's the 12ki afterall, you may be able to see some of that, but what they're all good at is different from person to person, so they should focus on themselves and help to level up 13ki.

I have to laugh that even TGL and the other members are like "yah well 12ki kinda sucks still so we want them to do better to help 13ki"
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Honestly. :facepalm: First Riho, she's hated on and said she looks "smug" and "fakes crying" because people let their own hateful preconceptions color her in their eyes. Now, we literally have Riho #2. Kaede wasn't even in the group for one hour, not even a half hour, before people decided that she was a sore loser who thought she was better than everyone else.

I'm not speaking of anyone specific, or even only people on this board. I've seen it here, on H!O, in H!P chats, everywhere. And it's absolutely sickening. Am I saying this with bias for the girls I'm defending? Yes, I am. But even an unbiased person who doesn't give a shit for either girl would acknowledge how unfair it is that either of these girls be treated this way.

Did anyone maybe consider that she was crying, not as a sore loser, but because she has horribly high expectations of herself and she let herself down? That, as she herself said, her mother got angry with her because she didn't have "good enough" reactions on TV (end quote) so she's developed a need to do the best she can to prove herself to her mother, or even her own self? Can a girl, under the public eye of scrutiny no less, not want to be her very best and then be disappointed without immediately being hated on for it?

Oh well. When she graduates, everyone will suddenly jump ship and love her to pieces because she was so great after all!!!!!
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

THANK YOU THEA I've been thinking all of that but haven't been able to find the words to say it. Give the girl a chance!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, making these assumptions without inside info is dicey at best. Are there actual reports of Kaede being a self-centered brat, or is this all based off of conjecture and assumptions? Is the "sore loser" thing based solely on that video of her crying? 'Cos if it is, that's some weak-ass tea.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]

Oh well. When she graduates, everyone will suddenly jump ship and love her to pieces because she was so great after all!!!!!
[/quote]

Well, put me down on record as saying I love Kaede already. Especially after everything I've heard about her.

(But then again, I've always liked "difficult" MM members. I was one of Koharu's most consistent defenders, remember?)
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Last night (Friday night is my time to internet surf) I kind of went on a Kaga bender. (since there's basically nothing on Reina except this) Watched this video and then this one

The girls that passed Kaga on the H!P Road to Debut
That's a lot of girls. (This is only girls that came with and after Kaga joined the KSS.) 

While in the same boat as I.Reina (her list is two two girls longer), you can see how many girls really passed through the program before Kaga was picked, her struggles are real and of course being there for 4 years she's developed the role of senpai, helping other girls with their dancing, probably other little things we don't get to see. Trying your best but still not being good enough and seeing those same kouhai* who you helped being picked before you. I'm sure we've all felt the way Kaga has felt.

*I found this little video. I hope she really gives that boost the 12th gen needs in regards to performance. 

Of course I'll need to wait till next year before I can properly place her in my ranking. But at the moment she's pretty much a given that she'll be in the top 5. 

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Great stuff, Shoujo. In that clip where she's singing Mr. Moonlight, Kaga reminds me of Yossie.

Questions:
What concert/event was that solo of "Love Take It All" taken from?
And what performance/concert/event was that clip where Ai T. reads her name and MC Makoto says something and she's wearing purple and starts to cry in a long two-stage line of performers from?

Thanks.

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Didn't you forget the 4 kenshuusei that were in Country Girls, Q?
Image Hey
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

All of the Kaga hate has been bothering me as well, all the hate for her seems to be coming from this one single clip from more than a year ago. I've been supporting her for a few years and I didn't think she'd actually debut. I can see her being frustrated with all the other people debuting before her (especially Tsubaki Factory) but as long as she doesn't end up being nasty like Koharu, then I'll be happy.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Madara"]
Questions:
What concert/event was that solo of "Love Take It All" taken from?
And what performance/concert/event was that clip where Ai T. reads her name and MC Makoto says something and she's wearing purple and starts to cry in a long two-stage line of performers from?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Those are both from the 2015 KSS recital, "Hello Pro Kenshuusei Recital 2015 ~Spring Public Ability Diagnostic Test~." She was crying because Ai had just announced that she won the Best of Performance (decided by the audience) award for that performance of Love Take It All.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Derby"]
Didn't you forget the 4 kenshuusei that were in Country Girls, Q?
[/quote]

Oops. I knew I forgot to add someone. No wonder that gaping white whole kept staring at me. (You forgot someone, no I didn't. Yes you DID!) Thanks Derby. Now it looks complete.

As an aside, if we could get just ONE KSS show put out onto DVD I want it to be the recital one. It's the only one I look forward to every year and I can't live by small clips they show on Hello!Station. (In a perfect world where I was made of cash) I'd totally buy it! 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="203388" data-time="1482000702">
All of the Kaga hate has been bothering me as well, all the hate for her seems to be coming from this one single clip from more than a year ago. I've been supporting her for a few years and I didn't think she'd actually debut. I can see her being frustrated with all the other people debuting before her (especially Tsubaki Factory) but as long as she doesn't end up being nasty like Koharu, then I'll be happy.</blockquote>

Eh, I don't think its that big a deal. I just think she's one more bland girl in a sea of them and she's really not talented enough to make up for it. But no one really is these days.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="203388" data-time="1482000702">
All of the Kaga hate has been bothering me as well, all the hate for her seems to be coming from this one single clip from more than a year ago. I've been supporting her for a few years and I didn't think she'd actually debut. I can see her being frustrated with all the other people debuting before her (especially Tsubaki Factory) but as long as she doesn't end up being nasty like Koharu, then I'll be happy.
</blockquote>

Eh, I don't think its that big a deal. I just think she's one more bland girl in a sea of them and she's really not talented enough to make up for it. But no one really is these days.

[/quote]

That makes me curious. We all want different things in our idols, so even despite the reality of things... what type of girl would you like, Anderei? I've never thought to ask, but I'm really curious to know.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Apparently other KSS have made comments about Kaede being kind of rude so it's not all based off the video clip.  I don't really see anyone hating on her here, just discussing.  She doesn't make a great first impression LOL.