MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - ROUND 4

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - ROUND 4

Post by JPope »

<div>It's Round 4 of the MM-BBS MARCH MUSUME MADNESS! The Regional Finals! For the bracket and more info, check the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=6722" title="">info thread</a>.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the song in each match-up that you want to see move on to the Final Four! Match-up 1 is the East Final, match-up 2 is the North Final, match-up 3 is the West Final, and match-up 4 is the South Final.The winner of the East meets the winner of the North, and West meets South in the Final Four. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Voting will be opened for THREE DAYS ONLY! After that, it's on to the 5th Round and the Final Four!  </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div><a class="bbc_url" href="http://fantasyattic.com/images/JPope/MM ... 4-HALF.jpg" title="External link">Image</a></div>
aine
ANGERME

Re: MARCH MUSUME MADNESS - ROUND 4

Post by aine »

In case anyone asks, I deleted Round 3 thread accidentally instead of locking it. That's what happens when you try to moderate on mobile and in a bumpy car. :facepalm:

I'll try and see if it can be restored when I get to a real computer later. Sorry!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I wonder what the outcome would have been if you just shuffled all songs randomly.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Even though I really like Egao and AFOD, I'm surprised they made it this far.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="196068" data-time="1459037623">Even though I really like Egao and AFOD, I'm surprised they made it this far.</blockquote>
That's why I'm wondering how it'd look like with completely randomly shuffled songs.
With the current setup it's determined that great songs from certain eras get booted and weaker songs from other eras can stay longer.

But it's ok, we can make another one with different rules some other time. Besides, this gives the newer songs probably a bigger chance anyway.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Egao is still here because it was super easy to beat Maji desuka and Aruiteru and fairly easy to beat Resonant blue too.
It's still surprising to see Shouganai and Egao making it this far.

Anyway I think it's time for Wagamama to go home...

PS: If the f2 are Shabondama and Memory and Shabondama loses I'm gonna be super mad lol.
Last edited by Derby on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Memory should win, that's what I've been rooting for since the beginning.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Yeah, Memory is a better song all around. Shabondama is fun, but it just can't hold a candle to Memory for me. I guess it just depends on when people joined the fandom and what song got them there, 'cause for me it's totally Shouganai even though I heard it for the first time in a while recently and didn't understand why I liked it so much years ago, lol. My taste seven years ago was a bit different from now, for sure.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="196075" data-time="1459044941">I guess it just depends on when people joined the fandom and what song got them there, 'cause for me it's totally Shouganai even though I heard it for the first time in a while recently and didn't understand why I liked it so much years ago, lol.</blockquote>
I came into the fandom with Go girl! Koi no victory from 2003 and my top 10 MM songs are at least 50% pre-2003 songs (with the other half being from mid-2004 to mid 2006), but I probably wouldn't put Memory Seishun no Hikari anywhere near the best 10.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I wonder what the outcome would have been if you just shuffled all songs randomly.
[/quote]

There's a good chance that some of the songs would be different, but probably not all of them. Lower seeded songs still alive would likely succeed regardless of seeding. "Memory" is steam-rolling everything in its path, and "Shabondama" would probably do well in any seeding, too.

The reasons I set the four regions up like I did was 1) easy, and 2) I wanted every era to be represented in the Final Four. Just as the "best" team doesn't always win the NCAA tournament, the song that would win a 60-option poll might not win this tournament. I think this process is way more fun than a 60-song poll, though. :-)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh shit, 41 votes is the most we've had in any round to this point and that's where we're sitting now with one song leading by a single vote. Which means I have to wait until tomorrow to make the updated brackets.  :wheely:

BTW, do we even have 41 regular commenters these days? lol

Seriously, though, I'm happy that so many got into this.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

If Egao goes to semifinals it'll be the biggest fucking joke in the history of this BBS. :wut:

Good going though. I don't think this many people post regularly but it's good too see some lurkers bothered to vote.
Last edited by aine on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am honestly completely underwhelmed by these last eight.  Like I know it is totally opinion but not a single one of these singles wows me.  

@Aine I voted for egao yes nude as a lesser of two evils situation pretty much.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Voting is now closed.