Momona Kasahara joins ANGERME

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: Momona Kasahara joins ANGERME

Post by GaleKakumei »

Or a girl might actually blossom from the pressure of Angerme, unlike the lack of competition in MM. Rikako started off just as bad, if not worse than Momona and Momona has just as much appeal to fans in way of looks. So it really does seem all the same.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Ain't no one gonna blossom like Kamiko did.  :heart:
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Don't you guys remember Kana when she first joined? I'm not so worried about this girl turning bad.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

^Oh my gosh, amen. 

[quote="Thea"]
[/quote]

Lol, she didn't blossom, she ripened. 

I has das faiths in Momona. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Kodoku no Uta"]
Or a girl might actually blossom from the pressure of Angerme, unlike the lack of competition in MM. 
[/quote]

That's a good point, but I hope that they don't compound the problem by adding more poor singers in the event that she doesn't blossom. I think they'll be fine in the short-term even if she doesn't improve.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

She'll probably improve. She is young after all. All the members have improved since they've joined, even Maho.

And at least they didn't put Yokogawa Yumei in it. Although Momona being added makes it seem more unlikely the three senior KSS are probably never going to debut.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Kodoku no Uta"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="198863" data-time="1468719124">
<div>
[/quote]

Lol, she didn't blossom, she ripened. 
</div>
</blockquote>

That's true, but I just love her so I had to work in her good performance so far :thumbsup:  lol

Edit: I'm painfully curious what H!O thinks about this so checking that.

Some images from the first day, courtesy of H!O.

Spoiler: [+]
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="198837" data-time="1468698846">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="198835" data-time="1468698308">
Damnnnnn what luck to join such an awesome group... Of all the groups, Angerme is probably the best place to debut in right now. I don't know her well, but I look forward to her performances... Kamiko was an awesome pick, so I have faith in those who are making decisions for Angerme. They haven't really been wrong yet.
</blockquote>

Maho?</blockquote>

Her and Rikako are about the same singing-wise and she's funny. So there's that. New girl doesn't sing any better than she does so if Maho was a poor choice so is she.

[/quote]

That was my point with this post; I think they were wrong with Maho. And Rikako, too, if I'm being honest. I know idols are basically variety people with a focus on character/personality who "sing" and "dance" as one of their things they do, but they seemed to have had a good balance of talent + personality, so it seems like a move /almost/ out of left field, had Maho not been added before. I agree she's funny, but she was a mistake in terms of talent. Rikako isn't any better to me, though, but I guess she's just plain "meh."

Really, I'm not saying anyone in the group is majorly talented, but most of them are FAR better than a single member of MM. But I agree with JPope that she's definitely a tin-ear, and though it is of course possible, like TicTac pointed out, that she could be like Kana and grow majorly talented, I honestly do NOT have faith in that.

But let's face it, we all know that I am bitter.  :tongue: But I felt like I couldn't stifle my opinion on thinking Maho was a mistake, fans, personality, etc., regardless.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Did she do a performance with ANGERME today? I've seen an image of her in what looks like an outfit matching what the other members are wearing, and if it's just a simple introduction I've become used to them just bringing out the newbie in a plain dress.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="198824" data-time="1468691154">I'm not happy. Kamiko only just joined and she doesn't even have time to be the new one?</blockquote>Ehh, 8 months... pretty similar to Morning Musume 1st and 9th gens, isn't it? The single release schedule seeming to be a trickle may make it seem shorter, though. Eight months in 2nd gen had been in 3 S/mileage singles and a Mobekimasu single.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
Did she do a performance with ANGERME today? I've seen an image of her in what looks like an outfit matching what the other members are wearing, and if it's just a simple introduction I've become used to them just bringing out the newbie in a plain dress.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="198824" data-time="1468691154">
I'm not happy. Kamiko only just joined and she doesn't even have time to be the new one?
</blockquote>
Ehh, 8 months... pretty similar to Morning Musume 1st and 9th gens, isn't it? The single release schedule seeming to be a trickle may make it seem shorter, though. Eight months in 2nd gen had been in 3 S/mileage singles and a Mobekimasu single.

[/quote]

Yeah, Momona was there to perform Taikibansei & Tsugitsugi Zokuzoku with the group
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

What's with the talk about Rikako being a bad addition? She's my eye-candy of the group. She's the Maimai of C-ute. And her expressions on stage is perfect. The new girl isn't even pretty. I hope I can warm up to her.

GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

^I think... last year? Or earlier this year? They had a KSS event with her and wota on the internet literally jizzed themselves with excitement over her, especial her body. I remember things like this pose:

Getting praised for days.
IMO she looks like a very young Ichioka Reina (so... its pretty annoying that they didn't add Reina...)

[quote="arcobaleno"]

That was my point with this post; I think they were wrong with Maho. And Rikako, too, if I'm being honest. I know idols are basically variety people with a focus on character/personality who "sing" and "dance" as one of their things they do, but they seemed to have had a good balance of talent + personality, so it seems like a move /almost/ out of left field, had Maho not been added before. I agree she's funny, but she was a mistake in terms of talent. Rikako isn't any better to me, though, but I guess she's just plain "meh."

Really, I'm not saying anyone in the group is majorly talented, but most of them are FAR better than a single member of MM. But I agree with JPope that she's definitely a tin-ear, and though it is of course possible, like TicTac pointed out, that she could be like Kana and grow majorly talented, I honestly do NOT have faith in that.

But let's face it, we all know that I am bitter.  :tongue: But I felt like I couldn't stifle my opinion on thinking Maho was a mistake, fans, personality, etc., regardless.

[/quote]

Spoiler: [+]
That is why I Idol Renaissance

Seriously though, (and I've posted a lot here so I'll stop lol) as far as I am concerned there are generally 4 kinds of vocalist, especially when it comes to idols: Good Voice/Good Technique, Bad Voice/Good Technique, Bad Voice/Bad Technique, Good Voice/Bad Technique. In other words: Oda Sakura (Good Voice/Good Technique), Sayashi Riho ( Bad Voice/Good Technique). Yokogawa Yumei ( Bad Voice/Bad Technique) and Sugaya Risako or Takagi Sayuki (Good Voice/Bad Technique). From what I've heard, Momona isn't bad, she is inexperienced. Her voice is nice and strong and can easily be molded into something nice (preferably a softer more elegant voice, since pushing it clearly isn't working). 
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="smtmissin"]
What's with the talk about Rikako being a bad addition? She's my eye-candy of the group. She's the Maimai of C-ute. 
[/quote]

I don't get it, either. She's not even a bad singer. 

The main thing Momona has going for her is that she's joining a group that appears to be light years ahead of the others in, not just talent, but work ethic, professionalism and attention to detail. As much as I love Kobushi -- and they are my current obsession -- their performance isn't nearly as sharp or well executed as ANGERME, despite being less difficult in general. This sort of professional attitude can only propagate from the members themselves as a sort of self-policing/self-helping mechanism, so Momona will likely simultaneously be held to account and helped along by her seniors . 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

At least she doesn't look out of place.

This is how I see Angerme. Aside from the one audition they held to get Kamiko the majority of their girls come from the training program. This, in a way is good. They aren't coming in super raw like they come into Morning Musume.

They can start on day one with the dancing and gradually work into the vocals. The obviously want to keep Angerme at a 9 member team. That's cool too. They aren't adding 4+ girls at a time. 

Of the two finalists in the training test I'm kind of glad it was Momona instead of Momohime, that girl is most certanly NOT Angerme material. 

Semi-off topic.

My new nickname for Kamiko is now Mole. (Because that's what her signature looks like.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="198877" data-time="1468730343">
What's with the talk about Rikako being a bad addition? She's my eye-candy of the group. She's the Maimai of C-ute. And her expressions on stage is perfect. The new girl isn't even pretty. I hope I can warm up to her.</blockquote>

A lot of eye candy idols get slammed, especially here.

The new girl is absolutely pretty. The wota will love the way she looks.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Eh I feel like most people, wota included like Rikako.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

3rd 4th and 5th gen, 5/9 of the members are new girls wow...
I kind of like that they seem to want to keep 9 members in the group, but if that means they want to add one girl as a replacement for each graduation, the group might be with constant member changes for the following years if dawa and some 2th gen leave...
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="198892" data-time="1468773722">
Eh I feel like most people, wota included like Rikako.</blockquote>

I was mostly talking about on international forums. There's tons of pretty girls who are good at dancing that get put down because that's not seen as good enough because they're a dime a dozen, especially in H!P. It's not really enough to set you apart from the crowd now that there's such a heavy emphasis on choreo. If those two qualities were all it took we wouldn't have an entire thread dedicated to why 12th gen suck and how they could be better.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]

If those two qualities were all it took we wouldn't have an entire thread dedicated to why 12th gen suck and how they could be better.

[/quote]

Uhm, for me they sucks because they can't rock the stage at all. They sucks as performers, not just as singers. I can't notice their presence at all when they're on stage. Akane and Maria are both lookers, really I used to like their faces a lot. Idols can be bad dancers, bad singers, bad talkers, but they need to be at least decent performers.
Rikako may not be a good singer, but she's an excellent performer.
Last edited by smtmissin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Trying to keep an open mind here because I was so against a 3rd gen and then ended up loving 3rd gen so much, and Kamiko became an immediate favorite for me.  But...I really don't think dawa's going to be around much longer.  And personally I just don't think this girl looks like she fits in with the group.  I dunno.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

When I went to Meimi's graduation, I was watching the pen lights a lot to see who seemed to be the most popular. Risako surprised me by having not as many as I thought she would. She was actually towards the bottom of ranking it seemed. Maho was a lot higher than her.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think she's more popular with casual fans but unfortunately those people have lower attendance and aren't really supporting the group as much since Angerme aren't mainstream. Her modeling gig is great but doesn't really promote her as a person since its for a fashion magazine. Her fanbase is more devoted than it is actually very large.

I think it's also hard for the two of them to compete with Murota, who was basically the most popular Kenshuusei along with Hamaura, and is good at literally everything. She's everything you'd expect an idol to be.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="198901" data-time="1468789844">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="198899" data-time="1468784457">
If those two qualities were all it took we wouldn't have an entire thread dedicated to why 12th gen suck and how they could be better.
</blockquote>

Uhm, for me they sucks because they can't rock the stage at all. They sucks as performers, not just as singers. I can't notice their presence at all when they're on stage. Akane and Maria are both lookers, really I used to like their faces a lot. Idols can be bad dancers, bad singers, bad talkers, but they need to be at least decent performers.

Rikako may not be a good singer, but she's an excellent performer.</blockquote>

And I recall you complaining about her looks when 3rd gen joined because you like a more typical look. And now you get someone with a similar skill set with that more typical look and you're complaining about looks again.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's taking over Kanon's old color of hot pink (why no purple?).

She's 160cm tall. Her parents are 32 years old, in case that makes anyone feel elderly. She likes The Beatles thanks to them.

Anger performed (half of) Taiki Bansei at FNS and she was with them. She started training in May to join. You probably won't notice her here though considering it's very 3rd-gen centric.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

As new H!P members go I thought 2nd gen was integrated quickly with their first single/video/concerts being within a month of introduction, but they seem to be throwing Kasahara right into action.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
She's 160cm tall. Her parents are 32 years old, in case that makes anyone feel elderly. She likes The Beatles thanks to them.
[/quote]

Oh FFS. I'm literally old enough for her parents to be my kids.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She doesn't stand out visually in this, at least.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]

And I recall you complaining about her looks when 3rd gen joined because you like a more typical look. And now you get someone with a similar skill set with that more typical look and you're complaining about looks again.

[/quote]

Yep look is an acquired taste. I used to have absolutely zero interest in Rikako's look. But her expressions on stage is so on fire I finally fell in love with her look.

I think Johnny (?) used to say that his male idols are popular not because they're good-looking, but because they do cool things. When people do cool things, they become good-looking to the eyes of the beholders. I hope Momona can achieve that.

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Here's Momona's first performance at Hello Con with Angerme (short clip begins around 1:00, she's on left side) : <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/feU5Y8_-_SI' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/feU5Y8_-_SI</a>

At least she doesn't stick out so I'll wait and see before voicing any opinion about her addition.

And about Rikako/Maho, they may be both average singers but on stage, Rikako is far ahead Maho in my opinion. Maho is so slack and lost almost all the time while Rikako's dance, expressions and energy are on point. But I can get why they attract wota and casual fans respectively.
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

You know, I kind of actually like that they are keeping Anju a consistently 9 member group. Makes it easier for groupings and keeping their dance formations.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kasahara Momona announcement on H!S along with performance of Taiki Bansei. 

DAWA DEFINITELY SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF THE WOTA MAKING THEM THINK SHE WAS GONNA ANNOUNCE HER GRAD. Savage. The nickname Angerme gave her is "Kassa". Later on in the H!S episode was Dawa surprising her with her debut news.

H!S interview:
-Senior she looks up to is Kudo Haruka.
-MM is her favorite H!P group, then Country Girls, then Angerme.
-Her favorite Angerme song is Mystery Night and TsugiTsugi.
-Her friends and family say she's a klutz.
-Favorite senior in Angerme is Aikawa Maho.

Her reaction reminds me a lot of Rikako... Almost like she doesn't want it to be true, lol. My guess is she was aiming for MM.

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.