[2016.10.26] Buono! - Solatido ~Nee Nee~ / Rock no Seichi

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2016.10.26] Buono! - Solatido ~Nee Nee~ / Rock no Seichi

Post by Elpis »

This probably will end up being one of the last releases from the group since Airi will have graduated by June of next year.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]

<div>"Rock no Seichi" at least has the edge that I want from Buono!, but they've done so many songs like this that are just way better.</div>

[/quote]

I like it the best of these two also, it should have been the A side.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I'm with you JPope.

I so desperately want to like this, but it falls under the "meh" category with a lot of their other late-career releases.

Something about Buono has always been incredibly special. From the songs, the arrangements, the style, and the girls themselves. There was effort put forth by management to make them as legitimate-sounding and looking as possible. The videos were always simple but fun, too.

There were some awful songs when they changed labels ("Never gonna stop!", for example), but also some huge gems ("Hatsukoi Cider"). But this is not one of the latter. It isn't all that special. I love Buono, but this one isn't for me.

This doesn't feel like a triumphant return from a 4 year haitus. It's a shame because there is some real potential here to gain some new fans and move forward.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I quite like So La Ti Do... I like how it has a little hint of whimsy in it. I'm pretty sure Rock no Seichi samples from their previous songs:

2:10 Lottara Lottara
4:00 Bravo Bravo

I feel like if you were to get a hold of the instrumental you might find a few more subtle hints of previous songs. That part of Rock no Seichi makes me think it's a finale; especially with it telling their "story." But out of the two, So La Ti Do is muuuch better for me.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="JPope"]

<div>I guess I'm gonna be the turd in this punch-bowl -- and it kills me, because Buono! is probably my favorite H!P group after MM -- but neither of these songs do much for me. I don't know if my expectations were just too high, but "So La Ti Do" is just conventional guitar-based idol-pop. The chorus is nice, but other than that it's nothing special. "Rock no Seichi" at least has the edge that I want from Buono!, but they've done so many songs like this that are just way better.</div>

[/quote]

Nah I kinda feel the same way? I'm not actually disappointed but not thrilled either. It's better than what they had in Sherbet but not as good as most of their other songs.

I miss the Pony Canyon days, man.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="199697" data-time="1471657194">
I'm with you JPope.

I so desperately want to like this, but it falls under the "meh" category with a lot of their other late-career releases.

Something about Buono has always been incredibly special. From the songs, the arrangements, the style, and the girls themselves. There was effort put forth by management to make them as legitimate-sounding and looking as possible. The videos were always simple but fun, too.

There were some awful songs when they changed labels ("Never gonna stop!", for example), but also some huge gems ("Hatsukoi Cider"). But this is not one of the latter. It isn't all that special. I love Buono, but this one isn't for me.

This doesn't feel like a triumphant return from a 4 year haitus. It's a shame because there is some real potential here to gain some new fans and move forward.</blockquote>

Yes to all of this. Also, Buono! was the only HP group I cared about during their run, which made them even more special to me.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Didn't see this vid posted (unless I missed it)--Shows a little more of So La Ti Do, and the girls say Rock no Seichi is the "answer song" to Rock no Kamisama. So it's the God of Rock and Rock's Holy Place.... lol. SO, if y'all liked Rock no Kamisama it makes sense you'd like this song. Comparing them side by side, they're pretty much the same.

Here is a live of Rock no Kamisama, for those interested in comparing. This makes me think even more this might be their last single.... When you "answer" a song that appeared on your first album, mentioning how the falling star held the dream of you 3 girls and it's been 9 years since you started. Yeaaaaaaah...
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Solasido MV recording, and Rock no Seichi vocal recording.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Y'all, the actual music video came out two days ago--lol! So La Ti Do ~Nee Nee~  (Not their official page)

Personally, I love the song... So nothing to complain about here!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

The song gets better as it goes on. Wish they would upload the full version officially.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Both songs are decent enough but I wish desperately that I could love them considering they're certainly going to be Buono's final chapter.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Single-wise this will most likely be my favorite song of Buono's, if I'm being honest. It's just totally my style! Album song-wise, it's right up there around My Alright Sky and Hoshi no Hitsujitachi. I feel like you can tell my taste in music just from these three Buono songs, lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The So La Ti Do dance shot is up already as well (still not the official page)
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

If anyone is interested, it ranked 7th on first day, then 12th, 8th, 5th and 11th yesterday (didn't make it to the weekly ranking, beaten by some SMAP's releases of early 2000). I didn't see any figures but I'm interested, if anyone found them.

(Also I'm very late on this but thanks a lot Arco for explaining the Ti / Si thing because I was clueless about that "Ti" meaning at the beginning (even more since the Japanese totally made sens to me).
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

It seems (from a copy-paste on H!O) that this single sold 1600 copies.

As a reminder, their lowest single was Natsu Dakara! with 12k5. Being a CD/DVD surely didn't help, with the fact Sol La Si Do wasn't great either. Well, we still got 2 new songs.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I wonder if this was with the new Oricon system or not.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

CD/DVD singles never sell well. They don't even chart on the regular chart we're usually discussing.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I forget, did anyone figure out why they started considering things like this "DVD singles with CD included" rather than just "CD singles with DVD included" like they release a hundred of a year?
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Just throwing ideas out here, Maybe they wanted to sell less or they weren't sure how well it would sell again after all this time so they didn't want to invest in several thousand copies and have only 1k sell and be stuck with a lot of extras no one wanted.
Formerly Mizura