[2016.11.30] Kobushi Factory - Kobushi Sono Ichi

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.30] Kobushi Factory - Kobushi Sono Ichi

Post by Meikochi »

Which is about as much as Angerme best album but less than JJ album (17k). Still ok and I'm happy for them.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That's JJ's total sales and not first week. And really that's not that great a number either. H!P should be able to do much better in album sales than they are.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I guess wota don't really care about album sales either. I get that they're not bulk buying them because they're more expensive than singles, but 10,000-20,000 sales indicate that not even every fan buys one copy.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

You're right, J=J sold almost 14k on first week.

Albums are also (way more) expensive than on the West (I remember buying albums for my brother that had as much / more songs than usual H!P ones (13-15) and that were twice cheaper (of course new and bought at a casual music store) ). But at least, on one point, H!P is improving a bit : albums used to have only 11-12 songs and now they're always above 15 (but majority of them are singles, not new songs, which is not great).
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah and the incentives to buy aren't great, especially with the lack of new material on a lot of them.

C-ute's last album only sold 11k the first week, for some perspective.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It's not a great song, but it's refreshing considering all the other songs on the album. At least it's something different!
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
It's not a great song, but it's refreshing considering all the other songs on the album. At least it's something different!
[/quote]

And the lyrics are by Kanyon.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Well, my copy came. And I listened to it and loved it. Also in the set is a second disc, a DVD with the seaside concert they did this summer, Kobushi Factory Special Live 2016 Summer at Otodama Sea Studio. "Eight teenage girls on a 90-minute sugar high," is how I sum it up. I did a short review on my blog.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Live performance of Kobushi no Hana.

Beautiful.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I finally listened to the album. My shot review.

These girls (if they can manage to stay together long enough and not burn out) are going to be AMAZING in another couple of years. 

I want to go listen to some Melon Kinenbi now. While their covers weren't bad, they are still too raw to really execute them to the same level as someone like Juice=Juice did and make them their own. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Oricon 2nd week

Sold 1,382

Total 10,652

10k reached.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I like this album a lot. For one thing, it's got 17 tracks. When was the last H!P album, outside of a Petit Best collection, to have that many tracks?

The only song I don't like is the Brazilian Olympic one, "Samba! Kobushi Janeiro."

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

C-utes album had 20 tracks, Juice=Juices album was like 3 discs, Berryz' nest album was like 6 discs and that was all last year
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203342" data-time="1481803134">
I like this album a lot. For one thing, it's got 17 tracks. When was the last H!P album, outside of a Petit Best collection, to have that many tracks?

The only song I don't like is the Brazilian Olympic one, "Samba! Kobushi Janeiro."</blockquote>

Most of the songs have already been released. Lots of tracks but over half is old material.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203342" data-time="1481803134">

The only song I don't like is the Brazilian Olympic one, "Samba! Kobushi Janeiro."
</blockquote>

Most of the songs have already been released. Lots of tracks but over half is old material.

[/quote]

Yeah, but the only ones I had already were the two on last year's Petit Best 16 album and whatever was on the Sakura Night Fever single I bought in Japan.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So i listened to the album again and all i coukd think of is that "wow, Samba really feels outta place on the album"
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Solarblade"]
So i listened to the album again and all i coukd think of is that "wow, Samba really feels outta place on the album"
[/quote]

It's the only song on this album that I actively dislike.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, it feels out of place in their entire discography to be honest. I think I have not listened to it once (as in, the full song).

Wasn't it supposed to be the lead a-side on the last single, too? Not that I like Bacchikoi Seishun that much, but I guess it was a good choice to switch it.
/EDIT: Wait, it is the lead a-side. Oops.
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Got my album in the mail a couple days ago....

I love it.

When I listened to it live, Mijuku Hanjuku seemed really out of left field for Kobushi.... But I love it on the album. It's just the right mix between their styles, and it's not as blatant as Samba! about it. Though I think Zanshin and Kobushi no Hana are fighting for my favorite album song. Zanshin is a greaaat song that reminds me of old-school Berryz (like around Aisuru Hito no Namae.) 
GO TO THE TOP!! also gives me some older H!P vibes, but with stronger instrumentals than past H!P songs.

The covers are alright... I wish they had chosen different songs though. Kobushi does them well, but we've heard most of them live already. 

Also it's clear to see how triple-A singles are gonna kill albums. I would've love love LOVED to have a couple songs that were just a couple girls at once, instead of it always being the whole group. But there's just no room.

Pitting this up against Ju=Ju's album is hard, since that was an amazing album by itself. But I think I prefer Kobushi's, as it has a distinct more artist-like (read: rock [read: soft rock, alternative,etc]) vibe to it, and I like that genre. Ju=Ju's was straight pop.

PS- I'll post a pic of MinaMina's cute face I saw when I opened the CD... I was so startled by her adorableness Q_Q
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203529" data-time="1482564409">
<div>
Also it's clear to see how triple-A singles are gonna kill albums. I would've love love LOVED to have a couple songs that were just a couple girls at once, instead of it always being the whole group. But there's just no room.

</div>
</blockquote>

<div>This is so true. It's bad enough that they have killed off the B-side -- the most obvious venue for creative risk taking -- now albums are in danger of becoming mostly singles compilations with a few new songs tossed in. It's not so bad here -- seven new songs is pretty good -- but they could have trimmed the track listing by two or three songs to make it a more cohesive album. I love Samba!, but it has no business being on this album other than to make it a complete singles compilation. You could also lose Nen ni wa nen pretty easily, and maybe one of Chotto Guchoku ni! / Osu! Ora wa Ninkimonoto to really tighten it up. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Maybe it's too much to expect anything more than singles packages from idol groups, but us older fans remember the good old days when H!P treated albums as creative entities in and of themselves. </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Anyway, here's my review of the excellent album tracks:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Isogaba Maware: The "Teen Spirit" guitar part is ridic, and needlessly detracts from an otherwise good song. This has a strong old-school Tokyo Girls Style feel, and I love it, because TGS stopped making songs like this years ago.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Mijuku Hanjuku Torotoro: If I had to guess who this was, Kobushi would be really far down on my list, but it's got a classic H!P Jpop-rock vibe, and I like it a lot.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kenmei Blues: This is totally up Kobushi's alley, and precisely the sort of song albums were made for. I'm happy (and surprised) they kept the growling to a minimum. I love it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Zanshin: Great mid-tempo rock shuffle. I love the arrangement, and the guitar in this is fantastic. If you were to tell me that they hired Takuya from Judy and Mary to play on this, I'd totally believe you. The vocal harmonies really take this to another level. Maybe my favorite of the album tracks.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>TEKI: Slight retro/garage feel, but only slight, which is good, because I'd be bummed if they made it a retro track. I love that it clocks in under 2 minutes, though. It makes me want to listen to it even more.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>GO TO THE TOP!!: Probably my least favorite of the album tracks, but I don't dislike it, and I can see it growing on me. The bass on this is sick. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kobushi no Hana: This is so good. It's so Japanese, lol. It has such a nostalgic mood. I really love how the descending chord progression toward the end of the chorus builds tension, and how the following four bars release it. The only fault is that the girls aren't quite up to the task of making the most of the chorus. It's pretty shouty, although that could be a result of having the entire group singing it in unison. I'd love to hear a strong singer do this as a solo.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Overall, this is the strongest H!P album in a while. Cut a few of the unnecessary single tracks out, and it'd be even stronger.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203529" data-time="1482564409">
Got my album in the mail a couple days ago....

I love it.

When I listened to it live, Mijuku Hanjuku seemed really out of left field for Kobushi.... But I love it on the album. It's just the right mix between their styles, and it's not as blatant as Samba! about it. Though I think Zanshin and Kobushi no Hana are fighting for my favorite album song. Zanshin is a greaaat song that reminds me of old-school Berryz (like around <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJfHRmpmlw' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Aisuru Hito no Namae</a>.)

GO TO THE TOP!! also gives me some older H!P vibes, but with stronger instrumentals than past H!P songs.

The covers are alright... I wish they had chosen different songs though. Kobushi does them well, but we've heard most of them live already.

Pitting this up against Ju=Ju's album is hard, since that was an amazing album by itself. But I think I prefer Kobushi's, as it has a distinct more artist-like (read: rock [read: soft rock, alternative,etc]) vibe to it, and I like that genre. Ju=Ju's was straight pop.

PS- I'll post a pic of MinaMina's cute face I saw when I opened the CD... I was so startled by her adorableness Q_Q</blockquote>

Rena in particular gets screwed by it being a full group affair on every track. She's not heavily featured on any of the a-sides and the one new track she gets the most love on is the one most won't be into.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's the group photo I mentioned... Love it so much. And MinaMina is too cute. I remember seeing some video footage of them shooting this set of photos, and I thought about how well the plaid was styled.

And each member had a solo photo as well:

Spoiler: [+]

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I really liked that group photo!

(by the way I uploaded 600dpi scans of the booklet for data station a little while back so if you go to the thread there it's there)
Last edited by kira on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

H!S live of Go To the Top!

Featuring officially the weirdest dance move I've ever seen in H!P history.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It was leg guitar move right? Because I had a wtf moment when I saw that.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I didn't like it at all the first time but as I watched it a few times for C-C, it kind of became cute. (The movement)
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I see a lot of talk about the originals. I wonder what the general opinions were of the covers?

Me personally, I listen to This is Unmei and Maji Bomber a ton. I really appreciate the cleaner sounding recording of This is Unmei as compared to Melon Kinenbi, but I love both versions and think KF did it justice. Loved Sakurako getting that line in the chorus!

As for Maji Bomber, I prefer KF's as well. Berryz has a lot of great songs, but I just wasn't a huge fan of them vocally when they got older. I think I just prefer the sound of younger vocals. Maybe if I had actually been around for BK's career, I'd feel different.

Everything else, I don't really remember. :hahaha:
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

I like all of the covers. Some more, some not as much, but I'm possitive about all of them.

Well, for Kawaii Kare and Da Di Du... I actually never heard the original ver, so I can't compare them.  :tongue:
Icchoume Rock, This is Unmei and Koi no Jubaku - I kind of had trouble with getting used to recorded audio due to listening to the concert rip so much. (Though I had way greater "problems" with TEKI, lol) It just felt a bit strange at first, without the fan chants.
Seishun Gekijo - this is one of the gems I probably would not have found out about if it wasn't for Kobushi covering it. I know that when a song is unison it may sound a bit monotone, but in this case it works nicely. Their voices blend together very well and the lyric & emotions brings the song to a complete different level. I love it, definetely my favourite out of those 7.
Maji Bomber - currently my second favourite of the cover songs, well since I'm already at the rankings:
  1. Seishun Gekijo
  2. Maji Bomber
  3. This is Unmei
  4. Koi no Jubaku
  5. Icchoume Rock
  6. Da Di Du De Do Da Di!
  7. Kawaii Kare
<p style="font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;margin:3px 0px;">But those ranks can change a bit depending on my mood though.  :bounce:
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wasn't a fan of any of the covers, tbh.