[2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="202589" data-time="1480095654">
<div>

<div>Erina: Just graduate this hack already. She's literally worse than 3/4 of the 12th gen. </div>

[/quote]

You sure about that? I'd put it closer to 1/2, but I'd still like to pit her and Maria against each other to see who's better. 

Ikuta's had a nice vibrato since her birthday event Yowamushi... They're just finally putting it to use since Ima Sugu.

I think Haruna's tone has always been better than she's been given credit for. Her stamina is bad and she will go off key and all that, but her voice is very gentle. I feel like you don't often hear he straining really hard to go out of range. Plus she looks darn cute singing :)

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that Maria is already more reliable than Erina, and even Haga sounded better than her on this song. I guess I'm in minority, but I don't see anything good about her track. 

Haruna sounded more stable here than I can ever remember, which is nice.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai

Post by smtmissin »

I don't care much for Haruna's singing but her dancing and expressions and presence on stage have gotten quite good recently I'm okay with her staying in the group for some more time.

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="202589" data-time="1480095654">

Erina: Just graduate this hack already. She's literally worse than 3/4 of the 12th gen.

Daaishi: She has slowly improved to the point of being decent. Either that, or so many other girls are just so bad that my perspective has changed on what constitutes "decent" lol. I seem to remember her being a train-wreck, though, and she's decent here.</blockquote>

I'm with you on Erina. And, from lives, she doesn't even catch up with dance : she's only better than Iikubo and 12kies but Maria.

I was surprised Ayumi sounded ok in the recording then I watched wednesday's live and she sounded as usual (ie with that I don't know why in her voice that I find unpleasant). So it's too bad but her dance hinders her to sound ok in live. But I really like MM dancing so I'd prefer her to not have lines than them stop dancing.

Also if only they let Duu singing in her range.. her "Mukidashite mukiatte" was way more pleasant the 2nd and 3rd time. Also I think she sounds better live than in recordings. Maybe because she doesn't have much to sing.

Haruna did progress and sounds ok to me on recording but she yet have to sound like this on live.

(I'm comparing here with MukiMuki performance at their release event and Sexy Cat's performance during My Vision.)
Campy <3 !
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Meikochi"]
I'm with you on Erina. And, from lives, she doesn't even catch up with dance : she's only better than Iikubo and 12kies but Maria.

[/quote]

Isn't she basically used as the 2nd or 3rd dancer now? OMW!, My Vision, she is in the dance break of Sexy Cat with Ayumi and years ago did that 'acrobatic' stuff with Kudo for Moonlight Night. I don't know if she was even included in that H!P performance unit but as far as I know I thought she was up there in the dance ranking in MM'16
Image Hey
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Derby"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="202636" data-time="1480245324">
<div>
[/quote]

Isn't she basically used as the 2nd or 3rd dancer now? OMW!, My Vision, she is in the dance break of Sexy Cat with Ayumi and years ago did that 'acrobatic' stuff with Kudo for Moonlight Night. I don't know if she was even included in that H!P performance unit but as far as I know I thought she was up there in the dance ranking in MM'16
</div>
</blockquote>

She is and I still don't get why. She may be talented for acrobatic stuff (I've never done this so I can't judge) but she's lacking punch, emotion and finition when it comes to dance. But there's few moves she does better than other members (those arms flapping ones).
She isn't (and has never been) in H!P dance club. But it wouldn't be the first time in H!P someone not particularly good at dance is showcased, Rina had a few dance things in some Angerme songs, if I recall well, and she's clearly not their best dancer.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

I definitely agree. She also has a very... awkward style of dancing. Her body is so stiff that powerful movements just make her look like a marionette (i.e. the back tap in Oh My Wish). There is also the fact that she could be doing a body roll with a darth vader expression.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you for developping more than I did !

And #1 weekly with 98k sold for Oricon and 166k for Billboard (Utakata sold 145k for Billboard).
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="202640" data-time="1480269556"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="202639" data-time="1480263478"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="202636" data-time="1480245324">I'm with you on Erina. And, from lives, she doesn't even catch up with dance : she's only better than Iikubo and 12kies but Maria.</blockquote> 
Isn't she basically used as the 2nd or 3rd dancer now? OMW!, My Vision, she is in the dance break of Sexy Cat with Ayumi and years ago did that 'acrobatic' stuff with Kudo for Moonlight Night. I don't know if she was even included in that H!P performance unit but as far as I know I thought she was up there in the dance ranking in MM'16</blockquote> 
She is and I still don't get why. She may be talented for acrobatic stuff (I've never done this so I can't judge) but she's lacking punch, emotion and finition when it comes to dance. But there's few moves she does better than other members (those arms flapping ones).
She isn't (and has never been) in H!P dance club. But it wouldn't be the first time in H!P someone not particularly good at dance is showcased, Rina had a few dance things in some Angerme songs, if I recall well, and she's clearly not their best dancer.</blockquote>
I only saw the rehearsal video for the acrobatics, but my impression was that while she could do all the moves, they don't come as effortless or graceful to her as they do to Ayumi (same could be said for her dancing). You could hear her pounding the ground on every move.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That's how a lot of idols are. I think what people are seeing is a timing issue and she's out of sync rather than not keeping up. And you'd be hard pressed to find a group perfectly in sync. MM are better than most groups but there's still plenty of times where they're not.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Live performance of Sou Janai from My Vision.

Maria did a great job... Maa-chan seemed sick as usual during the concert season. And did Oda seem off key or something?
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202774" data-time="1480563341">Live performance of Sou Janai from My Vision.

Maria did a great job... Maa-chan seemed sick as usual during the concert season. And did Oda seem off key or something?</blockquote>
They seemed all sick to me. Fuku and Oda were off key or struggling.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="DonJuan"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="202601" data-time="1480115072">
<div>
They usually just do two weeks worth and we don't see everyone. Next week I'd expect Kobushi recordings since their album will be out.
[/quote]

Ah, too bad. I really would've liked to hear Sakura's lines, but well.

</div>
</blockquote>

I was wrong. They did have Mizuki, Sakura and Maria recording this week, they just did Sou Janai instead of Mukidashi.

I would have preferred Kobushi.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Maria's wink in Sou Ja Nai is my favourite thing ever.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="202811" data-time="1480689551">I was wrong. They did have Mizuki, Sakura and Maria recording this week, they just did Sou Janai instead of Mukidashi.

I would have preferred Kobushi.</blockquote>
They couldn't be bothered to show the harmonies. How boring.

Song sounds completely different when it's the other two singing :hahaha:
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Valerie"]
Maria's wink in Sou Ja Nai is my favourite thing ever.
[/quote]

Image Hey
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh wow even Sakura shout singing on that high note in Sou Janai hurting my vocal cords....
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I never really bothered with Maria's singing, she was ok in a bunch of tone deaf screechers, but the way she sung in Upcoming didn't sound healthy at all.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

You can literally see her vain bulging out of her neck as she sings, lol. Poor Maria.

They cut out all of their direction from the producers??? Confused on that one... Taisei seems so involved with Angerme when they record. And same with CG's recordings.

Fuku-chan was reliable as usual... Nothing amazing but you can at least rely on her to save songs with her stable vocals lol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Maria sounds so unpleasant...*sigh*
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202824" data-time="1480749790">They cut out all of their direction from the producers??? Confused on that one... Taisei seems so involved with Angerme when they record. And same with CG's recordings.</blockquote>

Was this directed by Taisei? It was a completely different studio from Muki.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Watching Maria sing is painful, mostly because of that vein in her neck. You can see how much strain there is and that constant straining is going to cause her problems later...
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I think it's Tsunku that direct the girls in this recording, and yes, he is talking again, so maybe that's why they cut his voice.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202824" data-time="1480749790">
They cut out all of their direction from the producers??? Confused on that one... Taisei seems so involved with Angerme when they record. And same with CG's recordings.
</blockquote>

[/quote]

I think he exclusively works with Angerme, or maybe I've seen him with CG too but Angerme is his main project. He seems to somewhat be their overall producer, he helped with Moe's audition and with single recordings.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202851" data-time="1480824320"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="202830" data-time="1480775688"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202824" data-time="1480749790">
They cut out all of their direction from the producers??? Confused on that one... Taisei seems so involved with Angerme when they record. And same with CG's recordings.</blockquote>
</blockquote>

I think he exclusively works with Angerme, or maybe I've seen him with CG too but Angerme is his main project. He seems to somewhat be their overall producer, he helped with Moe's audition and with single recordings.</blockquote>

Taisei directed Muki.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zoe"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202851" data-time="1480824320">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="202830" data-time="1480775688">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202824" data-time="1480749790">
</blockquote>
Was this directed by Taisei? It was a completely different studio from Muki.</blockquote>

I think he exclusively works with Angerme, or maybe I've seen him with CG too but Angerme is his main project. He seems to somewhat be their overall producer, he helped with Moe's audition and with single recordings.</blockquote>

Taisei directed Muki.

[/quote]

Really?

Err, well then ignore me  :confused:  :confused:
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="202854" data-time="1480825098"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202851" data-time="1480824320"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="202830" data-time="1480775688"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="202824" data-time="1480749790">
They cut out all of their direction from the producers??? Confused on that one... Taisei seems so involved with Angerme when they record. And same with CG's recordings.</blockquote>Was this directed by Taisei? It was a completely different studio from Muki.
</blockquote>
Taisei directed Muki.</blockquote>

Then it sounds like Taisei's the golden goose laying the golden eggs now. He'll be the next genius, overworked, overextended guy to replace Tsunku, maybe.

Unless "direct" has nothing to do with writing the music too, 'cause Angerme and Mukidashi are on fire.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

He's not the one writing the music.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Maria singing was the most painful this I've seen in a while. And then Mizuki came in and just waltzed right over her like some peasant. She fell really flat on every note she hit. I don't know what UF was thinking pairing her with the two top vocalists in the group. I would have paired her with two weaker singers for this episode to really drive home that, "THIS IS THE NEW ACE" bus they've been trying to push down the drive.  But Mizuki, she even did better than Sakura and I love Sakura, but it's clear this wasn't her song to sing. (It really wasn't Maria's either.) I'd love to see Mizuki just sing it. It was really good how she held her own. I mean, it just sounded pleasant. 

It makes me wonder, how painful was it for the production team to put together these songs KNOWING they could probably MAKE a better song but management wants them to focus on certain girls. So good parts get thrown into the trash in favor of a glorified foghorn? Don't get me wrong, Maria is oozing front girl charm but as soon as she opens her mouth, it's all gone. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Q, I 1000000% agree with you! Fukuhime did SO well on this recording, it was so pleasant and squarely in her range all around, and she didn't strain hardly a bit on the high parts.

The thing that gets to me is Sakura was talking about how this song was a bit too high for her, but... it's not really that high. Fukuhime has a middle-of-the-road range, she's not a high voice (rather, her tone is), but yet she did it with no issues. Maybe it was actually just too low a song for her and that messed with her. This song was actually written expressly for Maria, so I imagine that Tsunku would take her deeper range into consideration, and Sakura has always shown some issues with lower parts on certain kinds of songs.

Maria... I think she's stepped up a little bit from her Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki recording, but that neck vein is still yikesville. Her phrasing and diction are a bit muddy, too, even the wota have said it's kind of hard to understand when she sings. She has a voice that could be really unique for a burikko-type front girl, considering how.... DIFFERENT it is from that image, but she needs some more work in general to be serviceable.

I did really appreciate the emotion and fierceness she tried to put in, though. Good job on that.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="202862" data-time="1480873228">
Maria singing was the most painful this I've seen in a while. And then Mizuki came in and just waltzed right over her like some peasant. She fell really flat on every note she hit. I don't know what UF was thinking pairing her with the two top vocalists in the group. I would have paired her with two weaker singers for this episode to really drive home that, "THIS IS THE NEW ACE" bus they've been trying to push down the drive. But Mizuki, she even did better than Sakura and I love Sakura, but it's clear this wasn't her song to sing. (It really wasn't Maria's either.) I'd love to see Mizuki just sing it. It was really good how she held her own. I mean, it just sounded pleasant.

It makes me wonder, how painful was it for the production team to put together these songs KNOWING they could probably MAKE a better song but management wants them to focus on certain girls. So good parts get thrown into the trash in favor of a glorified foghorn? Don't get me wrong, Maria is oozing front girl charm but as soon as she opens her mouth, it's all gone.</blockquote>

Because pairing her with two weaker singers doesn't drive home that this is the new ace when Maria can't sing either. It just looks like the a-side given to the people who suck. I think they were trying to really drive it home by pairing her with the best the group has to offer.