[2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Post by Solarblade »

Announced today on Hello! Station, it's the group's 30th single (Singing〜あの頃のように〜 / 愛はまるで静電気 / 夢幻クライマックス)

Singing is done by Tsunku
Ai wa Maru de Seidenki has a lovely, cute dance
Mugen Climax has mature, woman-like outfits, and a difficult dance
aine
ANGERME

Re: [2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="200689" data-time="1475076983">Singing is done by Tsunku</blockquote>
Took me a minute to process this until I read the thread title closely. :ph34r:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2016.11.02] °C-ute - Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

Post by Anderei »

Mugen Climax outfits:

I'll be bitter if the main a-side's outfits are just something like boring white outfits again when we've got these available.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Mugen Climax has mature, woman-like outfits
[/quote]

Yeah, not so much.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Lol, they look like something out of "'"""gothic"""" US fashion in the early 2000s. Mature and womanly, they are not.

I mean, really, with the innuendo in the title as is, they might as well have gone the v-u-den route and practically do burlesque.  :rofl:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I disagree. Now that I am a GROWN and MATURE woman, I enjoy sequins, sparkles and tassels more than ever before.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

There's a whole lot of stuff going on with those outfits. 

<div>Dual pattern corsets; (velvet?) military bolero jackets with full shoulder-board epaulettes, shiny silver breast trim, and five layers of sleeve trim that extends nearly to the elbows; short rag-skirts consisting of at least four different fabrics.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>It's just way too much. It's a visual assault that doesn't allow the eyes to focus on anything. The color scheme is good, but everything else is a mess.</div>
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Those outfits. If Michael Jackson was a drag queen. I bet he'd have worn that. They looked so much better this morning. But now that I see them on a bigger screen. wow...

This single better be amazing. They are up against Kinky Kids this time. Their fans better save their coins. I expect a heated battle come November. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kinki Kids last single sold nearly 200k and the one before that broke 150k so I don't think it'll be that heated. Even if they announced this was their final single they'd probably not hit 100k even with a sales spike.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I feel like taking off the jacket would improve the outfit greatly.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think it definitely would.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I feel like taking off the jacket would improve the outfit greatly.
[/quote]

Without a doubt.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Undeniably.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

And then throw it in a fire? Yes? Good, glad we're in agreement on that subject.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Single is officially titled as "Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7249/
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Mugen Climax sounds like heaven to me ;)
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Radio Rip of "Ai wa Maru de Seidenki"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/47q1qs25qeq3frb

Creds to Mr. A
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

A very rare miss for me I think. Idk, maybe it'll grow on me but I found it seriously lacking. I hope the other songs will be much better.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>I don't think this song is bad -- I quite like it, actually -- but it is disappointing. Adult C-ute was so good that it just seems pointless to have them record a song in 2016 that would have suited them perfectly in 2012. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The announcement that C-ute was disbanding bummed me out because I was excited for H!P to have an adult presence again. It seems we won't even get that with their final single.</div>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Will this necessarily be their final single? They'll still have a full 6 months next year to put one out.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I'm quite sure they would've said if it was the last one
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Last single or not, this song is pointless for C-ute after Naze Hito/Summer Wind/Jinsei wa STEP!. Give it to Tsubaki or Kobushi.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I agree that's it's not a C-ute song. They deserve much better and I hope the other two songs are much better than this one and with good MVs
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I really like the song itself (the instrumental especially), but agree it would've been good for another group. Maybe MM or Kobushi... But I do like the song.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It's Mario °Cart. Heh!

Anyway here is a radio rip of Mugen Climax.
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OH ... e=youtu.be" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OH ... outu.be</a>

What if this single is to represent the scope of C-ute and their songs? 30 singles, 3 songs that showcase who they are, where they came from and what they are leaving behind. I know, it's a deep thought that may not fit The UpFront mold but the way this single is sounding, that's how I see it.

And while they could possibly release one more single I don't think they will. Probably do what Berryz did (I hope anyway) and release a mega best with everything and a few new songs thrown in with music videos as their "last" hurrah. Simple and clean without any left over singles flopping around without an album for a home.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="201150" data-time="1475947339">
It's Mario °Cart. Heh!

Anyway here is a radio rip of Mugen Climax.
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OH ... e=youtu.be' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJDo42OH ... blockquote>

Woah, this arrangement is crazy. I think I love it. I know I love the song. They could have easily made a great track with a standard idol-rock instrumental, but they went instruMENTAL instead. And LOL at Mai getting the Sayautotune treatment! I can't wait to hear this in its entirety, because this is awesome.
Last edited by JPope on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Holy shit, I can't stop listening to this. This might be the best thing out of H!P in years. Who who wrote and arranged this masterpiece? Using the 3rd movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata, and slicing-and-dicing it with that nasty beat?  That violin at 1:08 kills me. This is so fucking hot. Dude...

I could unleash a torrent of superlatives and hyperbole that I might regret later, but suffice it to say that after a solid 3 hours of listening to this damn near non-stop, I think this might be among the very best things ever released by H!P.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

So, the official Hello! Project site doesn't have the credits yet, but Maimi posted on her blog of this (minus the arranger, though):

Mugen Climax's lyrics and composition are done by Oomori Seiko.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
So, the official Hello! Project site doesn't have the credits yet, but Maimi posted on her blog of this (minus the arranger, though):

Mugen Climax's lyrics and composition are done by Oomori Seiko.
[/quote]

I know her. She did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qlEeVS2vMU

I wonder if she wrote the Beethoven references into the song, or if that's on whoever arranged it? Hell, maybe she arranged it, too. She's kind of an odd bird, which I like.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Mugen Climax is the E X A C T type of shit I love.  Thank god.