Hello!Project 2017 Prediction Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Hello!Project 2017 Prediction Thread

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="204349" data-time="1484778547"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="204345" data-time="1484767843">
Especially since ANGERME is still really just S/mileage just with a new style.</blockquote>

ANGERME is definitely not still S/mileage. New style, yes. But they're so radically different from S/m that I don't think you can say it's "just" a new style. ANGERME is much better, of course. </blockquote>
Obviously they're different, but the members are the same. It's like how MM'14-17 sounds completely different than MM of '98. Groups evolve. Even Berryz and C-use changed a lot as they got older. Plus their album songs are totally S/mileage-esque. I mean "Kakugo Shite" and "Tomo yo" remind me of S/mileage's 2nd album. High quality idol songs.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
Also, what is this about losing the rights to their name? Never heard that before.
[/quote]

Here is where the discussion on that started, with Anderei's post. Basically a few other companies have used Smileage, and so H!P didn't have it trademarked? And had to change. I don't think any of it was confirumed, but a lot of the musings about H!P management are musing that we're pretty sure are true despite it.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It wasn't confirmed but the company using it is pretty big so it made sense.

Also S/mileage were amazing from late 2012 on and everyone knows it. That 2nd album is wonderful from start to finish.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Is a mid-seasonyear update allowed? 

[quote="DonJuan"]
MM'17: Someone will graduate, I'm sure about that. (To be honest that was easy since it has been like that every year except for 2009 I think.)
MM'17: Actually, make that 2 graduations. It's getting crowded. My money is on Mizuki and Masaki. (Still not off. Especially with these two. I could imagine Mizuki announcing her grad this year, and Masaki has been weird since she came back imo.)
MM'17: They'll get an album, but it's going to be a best-of. (Can still happen, and I'm sure it will be announced for their anniversary.)
MM'17: Will become the company's main interest group again.
MM'17: Mizuki, Ayumi, Haruka and O. Haruna will get a photobook. (Shocking that none of them have announced a photobook yet but I feel like Haruka will get a last one.)
°C-ute: One member will leave the showbiz completely. (Bye Mai.)
°C-ute: Airi will leave Up-Front. (Well I think Airi will, they just haven't made it public yet.)
ANGERME: They'll get one good an one boring single. (Personally I think the current one is boring, but who knows what the next one will bring...)
ANGERME: Since the company shoves their interest to another group next year ANGERME will have a so-so year.
Country Girls: Yamaki will be announced as leader. No sub-leader.
Country Girls: This will be a hard year for them since they keep losing their most popular members. Their sales decrease once more after Momoko's graduation.
Kobushi: Will continue to perform with other idol groups and build up a decent fanbase.
Tsubaki: Their major debut single flops (or at least sells much worse than recent major debut singles). (Granted, with Oricon's new rules they're cursed to sell much less than their seniors.) (Oops, major miscalculation. Granted, Uruwashi no Camelia and Hatsukoi Sunrise were quite good. Rest is a lot of promotion.)
Tsubaki: Will finally get Up-Front's attention once °C-ute's graduated.
Tsubaki: Someone will graduate late in the year after finding out that showbiz isn't for them.

Others: Berryz members will be on stage when °C-ute graduates. Maybe not all, though.
Others: This is still 2016 kinda, but Buono! will announce their disbandment at the Countdown concert, since Momoko will leave showbiz. (Well, wrong timing.)
Others: Sayumi will be on stage with H!P. 
Others: Sayumi will get a new radio show.
Others: No H!P girl will get into a scandal because nobody actually cares about them (indiviually) once °C-ute and Momoko are gone.
[/quote]

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Thea"]
MM: Someone leaves because hopefully SOMEONE in management learned from Platinum.
[/quote]

Man, am I happy they learnt from Platinum but I also regret this now lol.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="203441" data-time="1482132910">
MM

-10th gen member graduates
</blockquote>Sad I was right. They had just been intact for so long I knew it was timea.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

<div>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">My predictions for 2017:
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Kenshuusei: Danbara Ruru, after debuting, fits nicely into her group. (SHE IS DEBUTING WOOOOO but we'll see about the fitting nicely.)
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Country Girls: Momochi gets a solo song on CG's album before she leaves the entertainment biz. (How about a whole album of her own solos? Lol.)
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">That's about all I got for now... but there's still a good 6 months to go! Half a year worth of predictions yet to come true lolol
</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="JPope"]
Here's my only prediction:

Neither Ikuta nor Iikubo will graduate. Other(s) will.

Well, that and I expect a drop-off in quality of music given to ANGERME, but that's totally subjective. 
[/quote]

I'm right on track!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="203033" data-time="1481332413">
<p>

My predictions are all over the place. My bias for wanting certain members I don't care about to graduated is kind of showing.<ul class="bbc">[*]13ki end up being well recieved.[*]Sayumi has a job of some sorts involving Hello! Project.[*]Oda Sakura or Kudo Haruka ends up announcing their graduation.[*]Juice=Juice continues to be boring.[/list]</blockquote>
Some of my predictions were right but a lot weren't. (Those being the correct ones)
Last edited by Elpis on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

With all that's going on I'm going to make some new predictions.

I think it'll be announced at the H!P Summer concerts.

Danbara, Kawamura and Morito join MM as 14th gen.

MM's next single will be their debut single, and Duu's graduation single.

Ichioka joins ANGERME.

I think Anju is still trying to keep that 9 members thing.

Funaki joins Kobushi, but there will be a small amount of time before Rio graduates where they are 9.

Yanagawa joins Tsubaki bringing them to 10.

We get a new group at the end of the year, or if not then, announced at the 2018 Winter H!P concert.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Three new Musumes? Who are the other graduations? I just don't see them expanding MM to 15 members unless it's a very temporary situation. 

I could see ANGERME getting two n00bs and Wada graduating soon after. Honestly, the 2nd gen is basically six years in, so any one of them leaving wouldn't be shocking, either. But why you'd want to fuck with your best group at all is beyond me.

My gut tells me that the Factories will take the lion's share of the talent, just because they are less established than MM and ANGERME. I think you want some stability within the company during a shake-up like this, just to give the fans something comfortable to cling to. Then again, this entire move makes no sense, so your guess is as good as mine, lol.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Saya"]
Funaki joins Kobushi, but there will be a small amount of time before Rio graduates where they are 9.
[/quote]

Please no.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208149" data-time="1497143459">
<div>
[/quote]

Please no.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't want anyone added to Kobushi... Can't we have just one group that doesn't have new gens/rotating lineup? :(
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208162" data-time="1497213244"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="208158" data-time="1497195279"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208149" data-time="1497143459">
Funaki joins Kobushi, but there will be a small amount of time before Rio graduates where they are 9.</blockquote>

Please no.
</blockquote>

I don't want anyone added to Kobushi... Can't we have just one group that doesn't have new gens/rotating lineup? :(</blockquote>
I think that group is JJ.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208162" data-time="1497213244">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="208158" data-time="1497195279">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208149" data-time="1497143459">
</blockquote>

Please no.</blockquote>

I don't want anyone added to Kobushi... Can't we have just one group that doesn't have new gens/rotating lineup? :(</blockquote>
I think that group is JJ.

[/quote]

Who knoooowwss. With Yuka and Tomoko already being so old, they might throw in a second generation.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

They just did.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

HAHA. Truth bomb. (I'm laughing about it, but in reality, it's how I hide my pain. :'D)
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I never posted in here but I called a Ruru debut and another new group so I got those going for me.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I wonder if the MM contract locks them in for a certain number of years. Those girls never seem to leave early. I would guess they have (Not talking about 1st or 2nd gen, more recent generations).

I would guess they have a minimum 4 year contract. That would also explain Riho leaving right at the 4 year mark as soon as her contract was up.
rikako♡eripon♡airi