MARCH BBS MADNESS 2017

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

MARCH BBS MADNESS 2017

Post by JPope »

<div>The Tournament</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The time has arrived for March BBS Madness 2017! This year's tournament features a showdown between H!Ps two non-flagship powerhouses, Berryz Koubou and C-ute. It will actually be two tournaments in one: you'll be determining the BBS's favorite Berryz and C-ute singles, which will then face each other in the Final Round. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>As with last years MM tournament, you may use whatever criteria you want to determine your vote. Remember, this is about the entire single, not just the lead songs. You can take PVs, outfits, cover art, makeup, Tsunku grunts, etc. into consideration here. Except for the Play-in round (see below), voting for all matches will run three days, after which voting will be closed.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>In case you weren't here for last year's tournament and no nothing about the NCAA basketball tournament, here's a quick summary of what will be going down: This is a single elimination tournament, with four 16-single Regions. Each region will have multiple head-to-head match-ups, and it will work best if you vote in each of them. Singles were seeded 1-36, of which 32 will represent in the tournament. I have set the regions up by placing the odd numbers in one region, and the even numbers in the other, then re-numbering them 1-16. Winners of each round move on to the next, until only two singles remain in the Final Round. </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>C-ute singles will face off in the East and West Regions</div>
<div>Berryz singles will face off in the North and South Regions  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>East faces West, and North faces South in the Final Four.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I know, it's not really Berryz vs C-ute until the Final round, but I didn't want a situation where the Final (or, god forbid, the Final Four) featured singles from the same group.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Seedings</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I did not seed the songs this year, as I'm not an authority on either group -- a long-time BBS member with deep knowledge and love for both groups did the seedings. I will not reveal who this member is, unless they choose to indentify theirself. Maybe you can guess who it is. If you've been here for any length of time, it should be obvious, lol. I trust their judgement here implicitly, though, so their seedings are final. The seeds are important because all ties go to the higher seed. No exceptions. No bitching. No refunds.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>The Bracket</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'll post the bracket once the Play-in matches have been decided. What are Play-in matches? The bottom eight singles will face each other for the right to get crushed by the top four seeds. The pairings in this round will be set the same way as in the regular tournament, with one exception: the winner of each Play-in match will inherit the higher seeds position for the main tournament. (If a 36 beats a 29, it becomes 29.) This is only for the Play-in round!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'll be posting the Play-in matches shortly. Once they are complete, I'll upload the full tournament bracket, as well as the First Round matches. Play-in round voting will be open until 12-noon (PDT) Sunday. After that, it's on to the Large Sock Hop!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Here's the 1st round Bracket (click to embiggen):</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Image</div>
Last edited by JPope on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: MARCH BBS MADNESS 2017

Post by Shoujo Q »

I was bored this morning, still recovering from my flu so I thought I'd be nice to you all. ;D

Music Video Playlist to help you for a better Battle!
I just went through Berryz and C-ute's Youtube page and tagged everything that had a MV.
C/W songs, you'll need to research those on your own.

Berryz Koubou
<div>[2004] AnataNashidehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYb4LmR9R1wwaIkite Yukenai cw BERRY FIELDS</div>
<div>[2004] Fighting PosewaDatejahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGoBpGmjow8nai! cw Natsu Wakame</div>
<div>[2004] Piriri to Yukou! cw Kacchoee!</div>
<div>[2004] Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei!~ cw Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun</div>
<div>[2004] Koi no Jubaku cw Passion E-CHA E-CHA</div>
<div>[2005] Special Generation cw Koishiteru TokiwaItsumo...</div>
<div>[2005] Nanchuu KoiwoYatteruu YOU KNOW? cw Yume de Do Up</div>
<div>[2005] 21ji Made no Cinderella cw Himitsu no U・ta・hi・me</div>
<div>[2005] Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai cw NigiyakanaFuyu (Ft. Yaguchi Mari)</div>
<div>[2006] Jiriri Kiteru cw Toshoshitsu Taiki</div>
<div>[2006] Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND cw Suhada PichiPichi</div>
<div>[2006] Munasawagi Scarlet cw AitaiKedo...</div>
<div>[2007] VERY BEAUTY cw Gakitaishou</div>
<div>[2007] Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba cw Seishun Oodoori</div>
<div>[2007] Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi cw Warera! Berryz Kamen</div>
<div>[2008] Dschinghis Khan cw Darling I LOVE YOU (Berryz Koubou ver.)</div>
<div>[2008] Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance cw Maji Good Chance Summer</div>
<div>[2008] MADAYADE cw FurarePattern</div>
<div>[2009] Dakishimete Dakishimete cw Sono Subete no Ai ni</div>
<div>[2009] Seishun Bus Guide / Rival</div>
<div>[2009] Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama / Ryuusei Boy</div>
<div>[2010] Otakebi Boy WAO! / TomodachiwaTomodachi Nanda!</div>
<div>[2010] Maji Bomber!! cw MOON POWEROtakebi Boy WAO! (Spark Ver.)</div>
<div>[2010] Shining Power cw Chotto Samishiina</div>
<div>[2011] Heroine ni Narou ka! cw Hero Arawaru!</div>
<div>[2011] Ai no Dangan cw Omoide</div>
<div>[2011] Aa, Yogahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAA8OpqXJewAkeru cw Otona niwaNaritakunai Hayaku Otona ni Naritai</div>
<div>[2012] Be Genki (Naseba Naru!) cw Mou, KodomojaNai Watashi Nano ni...</div>
<div>[2012] Cha cha SING cw Loving You Too Much / Momochi! Yurushite Nyan ♡ Taisou</div>
<div>[2012] WANT! cw YuukiwoKudasai!</div>
<div>[2013] Asian Celebration cw Sekai de Ichiban TaisetsunaHitoI like a picnic </div>
<div>[2013] Golden Chinatown / Sayonara Usotsuki no Watashi</div>
<div>[2013] Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta / ROCK Erotic cw I'm so cool!/ Koisuru Technique</div>
<div>[2014] Otonanano yo! / 1oku 3zenman Sou Diet Oukoku</div>
<div>[2014] AiwaItsumo Kimi no Naka ni / Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!?</div>
<div>[2014] Romancewohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ_Ps_yhoUEKatatte / Towa no Uta</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>C-ute</div>
<div>
<div>[2006] Massara Blue Jeans</div>
<div>[2006] Soku Dakishimete</div>
<div>[2006] Ookihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdjaLQudcqwnaAi de Motenashite</div>
<div>[2006] Wakkyanai (Z)</div>
<div>[2007] Sakura Chirari cw JUMP</div>
<div>[2007] Meguru Koi no Kisetsu cw Bishoujo Shinri</div>
<div>[2007] Tokaikko Junjou cw Shiritsukyougaku</div>
<div>[2008] LALALA Shiawase no Uta cw Saikoukyuu no Enjoy GIRLS</div>
<div>[2008] Koero! Rakuten Eagles</div>
<div>[2008] Namida no Iro cw Darling I LOVE YOU (°C-ute ver.)</div>
<div>[2008] Edo no Temari Uta II cw Wasuretakunai Natsu</div>
<div>[2008] FOREVER LOVE cw Seventeen's VOW</div>
<div>[2009] Bye Bye Bye! cw Go Go Go!</div>
<div>[2009] Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu cw "Zansho Omimai Moshiagemasu." </div>
<div>[2009] EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!! cw  Amai Wana</div>
<div>[2010] SHOCK! cw Ikiyou ze!</div>
<div>[2010] Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~ cw Tachiagare Otometachi</div>
<div>[2010] Dance de Bakoon! cw KoreIjouKirawaretakunai no</div>
<div>[2010] Aitai Lonely Christmas cw Seishun! Mugen Power</div>
<div>[2011] Kiss me Aishiteru cw Hatachimae no Onna no Ko</div>
<div>[2011] Momoiro Sparkling cw FARAWAY</div>
<div>[2011] Sekaiichi HAPPYnaOnna no Ko cw Idaihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpLuUh8TtYUnaChikarawo!</div>
<div>[2012] KimiwaJitensha WatashiwaDensha deKitaku (Playlist of all Versions) (Because each girl got a solo version and I didn't want to be bias (Maimi's movie version is the best!).</div>
<div>cw AiwaItsumo Itsumo</div>
<div>[2012] Aitai Aitai Aitaina  cw Kanashiki HeavenSaikou Music </div>
<div>[2013] Kono Machi cw Ame / Kono Machi (Dance Groove Ver.) / Hae Otoko</div>
<div>[2013] Crazy KanzennaOtona cw The?Treasure Box/ Chikyuu Kara no Sanjuusou/ WatashiwaTensai</div>
<div>[2013] Kanashiki Amefuri/ Adam to Eve no Dilemma cw Dare ni mo Naisho no Koishiteiru no/ Attakai Ude deTsutsunde</div>
<div>[2013] Tokai no Hitorigurashi / AitteMotto Zanshin cw Please, love me more!/ Yuuwaku no Kyuujitsu</div>
<div>[2014] Kokoro no SakebiwoUta ni Shitemita / Love take it all</div>
<div>[2014] The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)</div>
<div>[2014] I miss you / THE FUTURE</div>
<div>[2015] The Middle Management ~JoseiChuukanKanrishoku~ / GamushaLIFE / Tsugi no Kadowohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_eZzjfYei8Magare</div>
<div>[2015] Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~/ ArashiwoOkosunda Exciting Fight!</div>
<div>[2016] Naze Hitowahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTD_k15LJDEArasounDarou? / Summer Wind / JinseiwaSTEP!</div>
<div>[2016] Mugen Climax / AiwaMaru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~</div>
<div>[2017] To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises</div>
</div>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Excellent!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm going to attempt to add and tag all the c/w songs I can find on youtube. But I'll probably do that tonight. I started to do it, accidently clicked back on the wrong tab and lost all of the Berryz. 

There's a lot of c/w songs I've totally forgotten about. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I'm going to attempt to add and tag all the c/w songs I can find on youtube. But I'll probably do that tonight. I started to do it, accidently clicked back on the wrong tab and lost all of the Berryz. 

[/quote]

... What does c/w stand for? Hahaha
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Also, don't forget that the H!P Wiki has all the information regarding their singles handy. You can see cover art, outfits and PVs and more in one location.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Berryz_Koubou" title="External link">Berryz Koubou</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/%E2%84%83-ute" title="External link">C-ute</a>

Scroll down to the discography section, click on the "Singles" tab, and enjoy!

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="206260" data-time="1489862967">
<div>

[/quote]

... What does c/w stand for? Hahaha

</div>
</blockquote>

Coupled with.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

As someone who hasn't followed the kids until 2011/12-ish your list is very helpful, Shoujo! Thanks for that! 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I added all the c/w songs. :D

So now you have no excuses. ;D
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Bracket has been updated. Round 2 match-ups should go live any minute now. I'm testing the board's auto Start/Close topic function here. If it doesn't work right, I'll start them manually.

EDIT: The function works as advertised. Round 2 matches are now live!
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My internet is down,so 3rd round Sweet 16 matchups won't go up until it's fixed. Sorry.

Internet is running, and the Round 3 match-ups are now live. The bracket above has been updated, as well. Go vote! 
Last edited by JPope on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Round 4 -- Final 8 -- match-ups will go live at 9:45 AM PDT. I'll update the bracket later when I have more time.

EDIT: Match-ups are now live!
EDIT2: Bracket is now updated
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

None of the songs that I like made it. lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Bracket has been updated and the Final Four matches go live at Noon PDT, just a couple of minutes from now.

Final Four matches are now live. Go vote!
Last edited by JPope on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Bracket updated for Final round.

Final Round match is live! Go vote!
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Replying to post from one of the now locked threads.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Two strong singles pitted against each other means one survives, though. Even in a bracket-style tournament, the most popular among the group will rise to the top.</blockquote>That comes down to how one defines most popular, really. In a bracket system there's the possibility for, say, a song that's everybody's #3 to not make it past the first round, while a song that's half the people's #2 and half the people's #50 makes it to the final round.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>And it's OVAH! To the surprise of no one -- or very nearly no one -- Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ wins the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS for C-ute. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The final tally was 16-7, another blow-out for the magnum opus that was never in danger of losing any round. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>To honor this year's winner, here is our own "special" <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbLB38d35OI" title="External link">BBS shining moment</a>.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks for everyone who voted!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Also, thanks to the Selection Committee! I was surprised at some of the seedings, but I didn't change any of them, and for the most part, they were pretty close to being right on. More so than my seedings for the 2016 tournament.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
Replying to post from one of the now locked threads.
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Two strong singles pitted against each other means one survives, though. Even in a bracket-style tournament, the most popular among the group will rise to the top.
</blockquote>
That comes down to how one defines most popular, really. In a bracket system there's the possibility for, say, a song that's everybody's #3 to not make it past the first round, while a song that's half the people's #2 and half the people's #50 makes it to the final round.

[/quote]

Popular as in, liked the most -- or nearly the most -- by the most number of people. Not everyone will have the same single rated the same. No single is so polarizing that it would rank as half the voters' best and the other half's worst simultaneously. It's a cute thought experiment, but it's not reality. Similarly, not everyone has the exact same song rated #3, or else it would have had a 2-seed, and faced off against the 15-seed in the first round. The 15-seed would necessarily have to be everyone's first or second favorite to win that round. What are the chances of that? Unless there are a bunch of early round upsets -- and there weren't -- the most popular songs move along, and that's what happened here.

This was an insanely small sample of voters, many of whom did not vote in every round. The final round this year actually featured fewer voters than earlier rounds, as opposed to last year when the final was the most active round. Odd things happen with tiny samples. Berryz' catalog also seems to be more polarizing in general, at least here at mm-bbs. I imagine their bracket might have turned out differently had it been run at H!O or 2-chan.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I just listened to Mugen Climax probably for the first time and I don't know how this won anything.

Outfits and makeup are hot, but the song sounds terrible to me.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="206945" data-time="1491743819">I just listened to Mugen Climax probably for the first time and I don't know how this won anything.

Outfits and makeup are hot, but the song sounds terrible to me.</blockquote>It is only one third of the winning single.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I just listened to Mugen Climax probably for the first time and I don't know how this won anything.

Outfits and makeup are hot, but the song sounds terrible to me.
[/quote]

It won because far more people think it's great than think it's as terrible as you think it is. Different strokes.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="206953" data-time="1491764377">It won because far more people think it's great than think it's as terrible as you think it is. Different strokes.</blockquote>
Yeah, even in Austria we have polls and we know how they work. lol
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="206959" data-time="1491780717"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="206953" data-time="1491764377">It won because far more people think it's great than think it's as terrible as you think it is. Different strokes.</blockquote>
Yeah, even in Austria we have polls and we know how they work. lol</blockquote>
But there was no mail-in vote fraud on the BBS!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="206960" data-time="1491782421">But there was no mail-in vote fraud on the BBS!</blockquote>
I'd say the same thing in your position!