2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - NORTH REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - NORTH REGION

Post by JPope »

Live from the Sapporo Dome in, um, Sapporo, it's Round 1 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The North Region features 16 singles from Berryz Koubou. Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the main tournament thread, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Berryz_Koubou" title="External link">Berryz Koubou page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.

EDIT:

Voting ends Wednesday at 2 PM PDT.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - NORTH REGION

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Pitting Dakishimete against Koi no Jubaku.... You evil seeder, you.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

<div>I've not really posted about why I chose which singles I did vs the others, but I suppose now is a good time as any!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I wish I could be as in-depth as Juan always is, but I'm a bit of a shallower person...  :ph34r:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 1: Special Genera~tion, by far! I really like Ai no Dangan, but I didn't care for the b-side all that much, and while the MV is nice and all, and the outfits were smoking, I just... in the end, it's not enough for me. Special Genera~tion is a fun song with a fun MV and dumb (in a good way? lol) lyrics, and I LOVE Koishiteru Toki wa Itsumo, so it was a shoo-in.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2: Munasawagi Scarlet. I like Anata Nashi, but I think Munasawagi is a lot more fun, and once more... I LOVE Aitai Kedo! BERRY FIELDS was just meh/OK for me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 3: Seishun Bus Guide/Rival. I like Heroine, but Seishun+Rival is just too good a combo.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 4: Jiriri Kiteru, easy. I didn't care for either b-sides, and Nanchuu is decent, but Jiriri is just... so good, to me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 5: Asian Celebration. This one was harder.... since I don't really care for either single. But I like Asian Celebration as a song more than either Ai wa Itsumo or Futsuu, though not by all that much. HOWEVER, Asian wins only because Chinami got her little special feature song in Sekai de Ichiban Taisetsu na Hito and that was really damn cute, even if I think the arrangement could've been much... much better. Plus Captain sounds higher like she actually is live and not that weird deep nasal man voice.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 6: Maji Bomber!! Aaaargh, this is like 5 again. They're both kind of meh-ish singles for me, but I chose Maji solely for MOON POWER. I love that song, even if I really don't like Maji at all.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 7: Dakishimete Dakishimete. No contest, I never cared for Berryz's rendition of Koi no Jubaku since the ultra-young voices just were a bit shrill at that point, plus I really like Sono Subete no Ai ni, it's really pretty and calming, a perfect complement to Dakishimete Dakishimete.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 8: Cha cha SING. Oh BOY this was hard, I like both singles pretty much equally, but I really love Loving you Too much, and it's when I really began to like Risako, so it's kind of special, lol. But Furare Pattern is great, as well MADAYADE itself, so it's a very close victory for SING.</div>
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>1. Special Generation VS 16. Ai no Dangan</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Special Generation is obviously the best song here, but let's talk about its B-side, Koishiteru Toki wa Itsumo... This is great song that had no business being given to such an inexperienced group of kids. It's classic Tsunku from the end of his Do-No-Wrong period. Would love to hear this performed by experienced singers. Maybe Special Generation isn't the best song here...</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Anata Nashide wa Ikite Yukenai VS 15. Munasawagi Scarlet</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I remember being surprised at how good Anata Nashide was when it came out. So many interesting changes, and a killer chorus. Probably one of the better cameos from Tsunku, too. If this makes the Berryz final, it could get my vote, so long as BERRY FIELDS doesn't hold it back.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>3. Heroine ni Narou ka! VS 14. Seishun Bus Guide / Rival</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I dig the funky groove of Seishun Bus Guide more than the electro-pop of Heroine ni Narou ka! Neither of the other songs do much for me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>4. Jiriri Kiteru VS 13. Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Jiriri Kiteru has always been one of my favorite Berryz songs. I'd forgotten how good their early shit was.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>5. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni / Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!? VS 12. Asian Celebration</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I went with Ai wa Itsumo because it's the most interestng of all the songs, even though the triplets get tiring after a while. </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>6. Maji Bomber!! VS 11. Otakebi Boy WAO! / Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>A bunch of meh songs. Otakebi Boy WAO! is the one I kinda liked most.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>7. Dakishimete Dakishimete VS 10. Koi no Jubaku</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is tough. Both songs have a really strong chorus. If Koi no Jubaku had a good B-side, I'd vote for it, but it doesn't, so it's Dakishimete X2.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>8. Cha cha SING VS 9. MADAYADE</div>
<div> </div>
<div>It's not that I like MADAYADE so much, but I hate Cha Cha SING a lot.</div>
<div> </div>
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I don't know how to vote between Asian Celebration and Ai wa Itsumo. I'm gonna have to listen to the songs I don't know, I didn't make it in time for the last poll
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Round 1. Special Generation is such a classic. Ai no Dangan is, not. Koishiteru Toki wa Itsumo is also a far better c/w than Omoide.</div>
<div>My Pick - Special Generation</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2. I like Berry Nice, Berry Fields. They sell Honey! </div>
<div>My Pick - Anata Nashide wa Ikite Yukenai</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 3. Heroine ni Narou ka! is one of my all time favorite H!P songs. After living through their anime period it was a such a nice change. Risako's high note in Rival pretty much guaranteed that it would never leave the starting gate.</div>
<div>My Pick - Heroine ni Narou ka!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 4. Jiriri Kiteru was such a fun new song and concept I loved it and the cover of the CD, great. I even loved the MV. </div>
<div>My Pick - Jiriri Kiteru</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 5. Asian Celebration didn't stand a chance. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni is hands down my favorite Berryz song next to Heroine ni Narou ka. I'm gonna go listen to it now. </div>
<div>My Pick - Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni / Futsuu, Idol 10nen Yatterannai Desho!?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 6. Maji Bomber wins because it had MOON POWER. I love that c/w! :D</div>
<div>My Pick - Maji Bomber!!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 7. SO HARD! Ugh I kept flip flopping my vote. I eventually went with Daki/Daki because of the c/w and the fact that Koi no Jubaku was a trainwreck for a group as young as Berryz. </div>
<div>My Pick - Dakishimete Dakishimete</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 8. I almost didn't pick Cha cha SING, but I eventually did because Momochi demanded it. ;D</div>
<div>My Pick - Cha cha SING</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

1. Special Generation VS Ai no Dangan

Special Generation is a very fun song, especially in live, but I don't care much for Koi wa Itsumo, while I really like Ai no Dangan and Omoide so Ai no Dangan wins here for me.

2. Anata Nashi VS Munasawagi

Anata Nashi is great and Berry Fields really cute so even if I really like Munasawagi and like Aitai Kedo, Anata Nashi clearly wins.

3. Heroine ni Narou ka VS Seishun Bus Guide / Rival

Seishun & Rival are a very good pairing and Heroine ni Narou ka isn't that good, but Hero Arawaru! is so Heroine ni Narou ka wins.

4. Jiriri Kiteru VS Nanchuu

I never really liked Nanchuu and Yume de Do up is at the bottom of my BK list, with Waracchao yo Boyfriend. I like Jiriri Kiteru and Toshoshitsu Taiki is a nice song.

5. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka / Futsuu ni VS Asian Celebration

I may be the only one but I quite like Asian Celebration and I love Sekai de Ichiban Taisetsu na Hito. However, Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni is a great song, Saki and Miya looked stunning, I really like the dance and the MV fitted the song so, even if I don't care much for Futsuu (but these shots with the girls and photos of them over the years on a wall were nice), it wins.

6. Maji Bomber!! VS Otakebi / Tomodachi

Maji Bomber!! is very fun, Moon Power is great so it wins even if I like Otakebi and Tomodachi as well.

7. Dakishimete ×2 VS Koi no Jubaku

I love so much Dakishimete×2 (melody, lyrics, dance, outfits) that I didn't took the time to think before ticking its box. Otherwise, I don't like much Passion E-cha E-cha (I like equally Koi no Jubaku and Sono Subete no Ai ni).

8. Cha Cha Sing VS Madayade

Furare Pattern is great but Madayade is not my jam at all : it's repetitive but not in a funny way like Cha Cha Sing (which also have nice dresses) and I came to like Loving Too Much as a song (I can't help it but see Risako as drunk when I watch the MV lol) so the latter wins.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="206352" data-time="1489957153">
I wish I could be as in-depth as Juan always is, but I'm a bit of a shallower person...  :ph34r:
</blockquote>

I wanted to be super lazy for this round and just vote... but this fires me up haha. It's not going to be as detailed but I'll try to describe why I chose which song.

1. Special Generation VS Ai no Dangan
Well, a classic. Ai no Dangan isn't bad but Special Generation as the Berryz song just beats it.

2. Anata Nashi VS Munasawagi

It's mean because the song is actually quite catchy, but everything about Anata Nashi.... throws me off haha. First the ugly outfits, second the lyrics...... uh. I think I remember it from when I was in the MM fandom for the first time - Berryz were so weird to me. A group made entirely from kids? The general opinion about them wasn't that great either I think (don't quote me on this, back then my English was still horrible and I might have been influenced by my own opinion too much) so I kind of went with the flow. And that's what I think of when I hear Anata Nashi. Too bad.

3. Heroine ni Narou ka VS Seishun Bus Guide / Rival
Eh, hard. Heroine was probably the first song I've heard from Berryz when I realized they were the second most senior group in H!P (the first was probably Anata Nashi, the second Dschingis Khan and back then they were just kids) so it gives me kind of good memories. Seishun Bus Guide is fun but mostly in the chorus, not so much in the verses. 

4. Jiriri Kiteru VS Nanchuu
The fact that I knew Jiriri Kiteru and didn't know Nanchuu was pretty much a giveaway for JK. Nanchuu sounds like something MM would release nowadays, just with a catchy chorus. 

5. Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka / Futsuu ni VS Asian Celebration
I don't hate Asian Celebration, it was my jam for like a month. Ai wa Itsumo was my jam for at least two months and I still go back to it (while I've banned Asian Celebration from my playlist because I find it annoying now). Also I have a really soft spot for Futsuu ni, even if it has these horse sounds in it.

6. Maji Bomber!! VS Otakebi / Tomodachi
Tomodachi nearly managed to make consider it, but in the end I like Maji Bomber just so much more. Especially live.

7. Dakishimete ×2 VS Koi no Jubaku
Dakishimete is actually quite nice, but Koi no Jubaku hits my preferences a bit more. 

8. Cha Cha Sing VS Madayade
Easy. Cha cha Sing is one of my favourite Berryz releases ever. Just makes my head move on its own.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I'm surprised the Inazuma Eleven related songs aren't doing great I always thought that was Berryz prime of talent/enthusiasm/songs.