2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - WEST REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - WEST REGION

Post by JPope »

Live from the Osaka Dome in, get this, Osaka, it's Round 1 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The West Region features 16 singles from C-ute. Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the main tournament thread, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The C-ute page at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.

EDIT:

Voting ends Wednesday at 2 PM PDT.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - WEST REGION

Post by arcobaleno »

<div>Oh boy... this one is going to be hard...</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 1: This is ridiculously hard, but I love the fun that Bye Bye Bye! is all around, including Go Go Go!, so I'm going for that in the end!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2: Massara Blue Jeans! FOREVER LOVE is great, but Massara is so funky.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 3: Tokai/Ai tte. I don't like The Power at all, so it was an automatic win, BUT Tokai has Ai tte and that's a good one, so it wasn't just my dislike, I promise!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 4: Ooo.... another one. I love both... but a single with 3 great songs and MVs vs one song and MV? Naze/Summer/Jinsei.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 5: Namida no Iro. I really like Love take it all, but Namida is beautiful.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 6: I'm sort of meh on both of these... but I think Aitai was really solid, so I'm going for that in the end.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 7: Tokaikko, hands down. Love the song and MV, and Shiritsu Kyougaku wasn't bad for me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 8: Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~, hands down. Loved the single as a whole, and while I like Momoiro, FARAWAY is a snoozefest to me.</div>
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

What I've found is that I seem to like more Early Berrz vs Later Berryz, but I like later C-ute a lot more, so far these haven't been too hard choices.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 16. Bye Bye Bye!: I guess Kiss me is considered a great C-ute song, but I dunno, man, it just sounds like a lesser Tokaikko Junjou to me. Bye Bye Bye! is insanely catchy, and Go Go Go! is the better c/w, so this single gets my vote.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 15. FOREVER LOVE: FOREVER LOVE is good, but not as good as Blue Jeans, and Seventeen's VOW only takes points off the board.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>3. Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Aitte Motto Zanshin VS 14. The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version): Another gaggle of mediocrities, and another single rides the coattails of Kanashiki Heaven to the winner's circle.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP! VS 13. Soku Dakishimete: I'm gonna vote for Naze Hito right up until the point where it's up against Mugen Climax. Summer Wind alone would carry it that far, and Jinsei wa STEP is about as good as a rip-off song gets. Naze Hito is enjoyable enough, but kind of cheesy in a way. Still, this is crazy strong single.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>5. Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita / Love take it all VS 12. Namida no Iro: Tsunku's Spanish-flavored stuff is usually pretty reliable, and Namida no Iro is no exception. Darling I Love You is horrible, but Namida alone is enough to win this match.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>6. Aitai Lonely Christmas VS 11. Wakkyanai (Z): Aitai Lonely Christmas all day, every day.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>7. Tokaikko Junjou 10. Ooki na Ai de Motenashite: I personally would have seeded both of these higher, as Tokaikko Junjou was my favorite C-ute single until Naze Hito. So as much as I like Ooki na, this is an easy decision. Tokaikko is my dark horse to make the Final Four.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>8. Momoiro Sparkling VS 9. Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~: Both B-sides are better than their lead tracks, and of the two, I like FARAWAY a little more, even with the phoned-in arrangement. I like Momoiro Sparkling a tad more than Campus Life, too.</div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 16. Bye Bye Bye!</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">One thing I have to comment on from the last round: Bye Bye Bye! really isn't bad. It's quite good. But not as good as °C-ute's breakout song. It's pretty much overdone by now but man I understand why they'd perform it so often.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 15. FOREVER LOVE</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Massara has been the only °C-ute song I liked for a very long time. Love me love me love me love me love me do. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">3. Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Aitte Motto Zanshin VS 14. The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Geez really? Really? That's about as bad as Dschingis Khan against Be Genki. Tokai no Hitorigurashi was my ringtone for three damn years. I've learned the dance for The Power because I thought it was great. In the end I voted for costumes, because I even liked the covers and MVs for both. I guess I should care more about Kanashiki Heaven but since it was its third release my opinion about it had cooled down a lot at the time of its release.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP! VS 13. Soku Dakishimete</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Eh, early °C-ute against the second best (overall) single °C-ute has ever released? Easy. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">5. Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita / Love take it all VS 12. Namida no Iro</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Once again early °C-ute? Nah. Love take it all is fancy and wins this all on its own.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">6. Aitai Lonely Christmas VS 11. Wakkyanai (Z)</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Early °C-ute against °C-ute when I started to care about them? Geez you really make this easy. But seriously, Aitai Lonely Christmas is really cute. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">7. Tokaikko Junjou 10. Ooki na Ai de Motenashite</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Another confession: I don't like Tokaikko Junjou. Doesn't help that Ooki na Ai de Motenashite has grown on me a lot for a few years now.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">8. Momoiro Sparkling VS 9. Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">One of the last idol-y songs °C-ute has released. I've mentioned it before, I really like idol-y songs. Add to this Campus Life's ugly pink costumes and Mai's horrible styling and you have a clear winner.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">In general: Everything before Dance de Bakoon! < everything after Dance de Bakoon! (DdB! included). Only exception would be Massara Blue Jeans. </div>
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Just gonna say, Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~ had one of the best c/w songs. I always found it was very unlike anything Tsunku ever did.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.