2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - SOUTH REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - SOUTH REGION

Post by JPope »

<div>Live from the Fukuoka Convention Center in, er, Fukuoka, it's Round 2 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The South Region features eight 1st Round winning Berryz Koubou singles. This region had a wild 1st round with three upsets -- 9. Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND, 12. Piriri to Yukou! and 13. Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama / Ryuusei Boy -- and two higher seeds moving on via a tie -- 2. Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta / ROCK Erotic and 7. WANT!.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the main tournament thread, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The Berryz Koubou page at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2 matches will end at 11:30 PM PDT on Saturday the 25th.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - SOUTH REGION

Post by arcobaleno »

For this region...

Round 1: Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND! It's in my top 10 Berryz, so I just can't stop myself from picking it.

Round 2: Motto/Rock. No contest.

Round 3: Dschinghis Khan! Still too fun.

Round 4: Two very different styles, two very different Berryz... in the end, Piriri is just simply fun, so I'm going for that.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I feel if Watashi no Danna-sama wasn't paired with Ryuusei Boy as a single, Ryuusei would've won. Watashi isn't a bad song, but it's not my exact taste, while Ryuusei boy is such a funky, fun time.

But in the end, I remember all the lyrics to Piriri, the little mannerisms of the girls in the MV I can replicate on the spot, and the dance is so unforgettable and fun.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Waracchao yo Boyfriend vs. Otona na no yo / Diet song. I didn't know Waracchao yo, but I like Otona na no yo a lot, easy vote.
ROCK Erotic vs. WANT!. I really don't like Want! for the fact that it starts with an awesome beat but then, that stupid verse and choreography appears. If that's not enough, ROCK Erotic is my favorite song and the one I'm going to vote for until the very end.
Dschinghis Khan vs. Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai. I didn't know Dschinghis Khan before, for some rason the way they sing in the chorus sounds very cute and endearing to me, but I voted for Gag 100.
Piriri to Yukou vs. Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama / Ryuusei Boy. Didn't know any of them, Piriri sounded cute but Watashi no Mirai sounded the coolest so I voted for the 2nd one.
Image Hey
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Derby"]
ROCK Erotic vs. WANT!. I really don't like Want! for the fact that it starts with an awesome beat but then, that stupid verse and choreography appears. If that's not enough, ROCK Erotic is my favorite song and the one I'm going to vote for until the very end.

[/quote]

I will also be voting for it until the very end.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ah, we're all good here. I've gone with the majority for everything except 1. I threw WANT a bone this round only because Motto Zutto (and the fugly outfits) really drags the single down even though I really love Rock Erotic. I found I enjoyed the MV for WANT more. I mean they used the member's colors in the MV in an ingenious way. I thought that was pretty cool. The MVs for Motto Zutto and Rock Erotic were pretty bare in comparison. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.